went to the dr. this morning...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default went to the dr. this morning...

as some of you know, i have fibromyalgia. i also have three herniated disc's and degenerative disc disease.
    well, i have been doing the physical therepy for my back, but it's not helping. i am still in tremdous pain. some mornings, it's all i can do to get out of bed.
    so, i wen to the dr adn they are going to do some epideral (sp) injections right into the herniated disc's. we are going to see if that helps me out. if that doesn't help, then i will have to have surgery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry you have back pain. I have a sister who suffers and my heart aches for her. I so hope that the injections are just the ticket for you. :hug:
    ~*Darlene*~
    Live Well~LaughOften~Love Much

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
    Leo Buscaglia

2013 Challenge
    Books Read: 67

Become a Fan of Frugalvillage on Facebook!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

right at the moment, i don't care what is the ticket, i just want to be out of pain!

lately, i just can't seem to function because of the pain. dh, even though he "knows" what is wrong, he just doesn't get that i am in pain all the time. so i do things that i shouldn't, just to please him and the family, when all i really want to do, is crawl back in bed. they just don't seem to understand, that sitting up hurts, that laying down hurts, that walking hurts!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry to hear you're living with the pain of fibro! I have back and neck pain (no fibromyalgia) and I see a chiropractor for my pain, I know he also can help fibromyalgia. It might be worth a visit, if nothing more than a consultation (most of them will do a free one to start) to see if they could help you. If it worked it would certainly be better than surgery.
    Good luck!
    ~Lanah~
    DD 12

It's a brand new day, and time for some real goals, and holding myself accountable of course.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Aawww I feel for ya. I've had 2 herniated discs and have had back surgery and also have degenerative disc disease. The thing that helps me the most when my back is flaring up is complete rest. Not easy to do when you have a family but it's the only thing that helps. Lie on your back, knees elevated by pillows, heating pad sometimes, deep heat or some ointment like that, aspirin.........give it 3 days of doing nothing.....when you're up and about after giving it the rest period, wear a binder around your waist for added strength. You can't do that all of the time b/c it will make it weaker but when it's bad you need it. Just tell the fam. you have to take 3 days to rest it......do nothing besides shower or bathe everyday.....just rest. I also see a chiro about once per month and I use an inversion table (you can get these at Sam's or Academy for about $100....it works wonders). I hope you get some relief, that is really intense pain.
    Last edited by PrairieRose; 07-16-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added 1 word....

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aw back pain is just terrible. I am sorry you are going through this. I hope the epidural therapy helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry that you are experiencing so much pain. I had a dear aunt who lived with degenerative disk for almost 50 years. She lived a very independent life during all of her 94 years.

I hope you can find something that helps!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

l know how you feel MOOR l have fibromyalgia. also and 3 vibrates in my back and 1 in my neck that how do you say it l guess collasping also l have my tendon in my shoulder that is thining l had alot of pain last winter in my neck and shoulder coundnt move my neck look like an owl went to a massage therepy it help a bit but at $40.00 ever vist was getting to much wsib wont paid for it because l am pension off my dh plan picked up $500.00 and paid for it we are only allowed $500.00 per year so l used up mine share l just watch what l do and my dh is vwery understanding when it comes to be beging in pain.so l really hope everthing works out for you l know how you feel with the pain factor of it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have had the injections and unfortunately they did not do the trick for me. However I do know of people that have been helped by them. My mother is going for her third one today. She had back surgery a little over a year ago and when they got in her back they realized it was worse that what they thought. They still only done what they set out to do and now it looks like she will be having a second surgery to put a steel rod up most of her back. But on a good note she was 64 when she had the first one and bounced back quickly so if you do have to have surgery maybe you won't be down for long either. Good luck, hope everything goes good for you.
    Jeanna

Wife to Ken for 27 years
    DS 25
    DD 20

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I'll try again tomorrow. --Mary Anne Radmacher

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, I'm so sorry for your pain. I hope the injections will bring you some relief.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Moor, I'm really sorry you are going through this I know that there is nothing worse than back pain! My mom had a lot of your same issues. The epidurals provided some temporary relief for her, but she ended up having the surgery. It relived a lot of her pain, but not all of it. Her back tires out easily now, but she says as long as she stays slightly active and works out occasionally (Curves is the only type of work out that she can do) that she feels much better.

She also notices that if she keeps her stress levels down it helps a lot.

Have you tried researching Pain Management in Google? I know my mom's Dr's never realized how much pain she was in, either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i have talked to my dr about the pain management. still trying to work some things out on that.

i have found that when my back really hurts, i can soak in the tub for a little bit and that helps. *trying to talk dh into a hot tub!*
    dr did say that that would help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moor View Post
    i have talked to my dr about the pain management. still trying to work some things out on that.

i have found that when my back really hurts, i can soak in the tub for a little bit and that helps. *trying to talk dh into a hot tub!*
    dr did say that that would help.
    If you can get your dr. to write you a Rx for hydro therapy you can get out of paying the sales tax on the hottub. For us it was about $700. Not a bad savings. Just keep the Prescrip or a copy of it incase the IRS ever questions it. (the hottub store will need a copy of it too) It does help.....

~48 yr. old sahw, livin' it up in our empty nest, smack dab in the middle of everywhere.~

*We're debt freeeeeeeee! (including the house)*

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by savvymom View Post
    I am so sorry to hear you're living with the pain of fibro! I have back and neck pain (no fibromyalgia) and I see a chiropractor for my pain, I know he also can help fibromyalgia. It might be worth a visit, if nothing more than a consultation (most of them will do a free one to start) to see if they could help you. If it worked it would certainly be better than surgery.
    Good luck!
    not saying chiropractors don't help but....

You'll never get me near another. OMG I have never hurt so bad in all my life. I finally had surgery.
    And oh YEAH, the hot tub does help. I only use mine in the winter, it's just too hot in the summer and not comfortable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so sorry you are in such pain. I hope that the doctors are able to alleviate the pain for you or fix the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast