Top 10 Reasons To Go Raw
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User COUNTRYBUMPKIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Top 10 Reasons To Go Raw

    This was sent to me in an email this morning from one of my Raw Food Groups. I just wanted to share this here for anyone who is interested in this lifestyle.



    Top 10 Reasons to Go Raw

    Ignite your passion for living. My life is twice as fun and fulfilling since going 100% raw. You gain much more than you lose while at the same time you unleash the Superbeing within.
    Heal virtually any disease. You may never need to go to the doctor again. Here is a partial list of the diseases that people have reported being healed, when they went on a raw food diet.
    Heart Disease
    Cancer
    Arthritis
    Diabetes
    Depression
    Asthma
    Colitis, Crohn's Disease and IBS
    Psoriasis
    Candida Albicans
    Schizophrenia
    Multiple Sclerosis or M.S. and too many others to list here
    Burn fat like crazy and then level out to your body's ideal weight, all while you eat until full. No need to count calories.
    Anti-Aging: Raw foods are The Fountain of Youth. Look, feel, act and move as if you were 10 to 20 years younger. Raw foods contain light, electricity, happiness, coherence and that is why they have such a powerful youth giving properties.
    Unleash more energy than a seven year old child.
    Crush depression and feel vibrantly happy from the cellular level. You won't believe how happy you feel all the time.
    Create success because the Optimal Raw Food Diet defeats laziness. {Breads and grains actually make you feel lazy, while raw foods will invigorate you.}
    Burst brain fog and develop crystal-clear thinking and high levels of creativity.
    Increase your level of spiritual awareness and alignment with nature. {I used to get so angry all the time, now my anger quickly drops away. I feel at ease.}
    Best diet for athletes: Increase your aerobic fitness, enjoy deep nasal breathing, decrease injuries due to exercise, experience deeper concentration and play sports competively even at advanced ages.

  2. #2
    Registered User katybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I had raw milk once and it was DELISH! The only problem I have is raw veggies do unpleasant things to me, and everyone around me has to suffer!

    I have changed my diet considerably in the past few years and boy have I felt better. I used to get sick a lot more then I do know.

    I do eat a ton of raw fruit, too bad the seasonal fruit is out though, I enjoy gorging myself during the summer months!

    KB

  3. #3
    Registered User COUNTRYBUMPKIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katybug View Post
    I had raw milk once and it was DELISH! The only problem I have is raw veggies do unpleasant things to me, and everyone around me has to suffer!

    I have changed my diet considerably in the past few years and boy have I felt better. I used to get sick a lot more then I do know.

    I do eat a ton of raw fruit, too bad the seasonal fruit is out though, I enjoy gorging myself during the summer months!

    KB
    katybug, I own a cow share from our neighbors farm. I only drink maybe a glass or two every few weeks. I get two gallons per week and I give one to my DD and her family and we use the other one here.. My other DD who is still at home really likes to put the raw milk in her smoothies. So does DD who is away at collage. When she comes home to visit, she indulges:-) Dh does not drink any milk. I personally like to make up a batch of raw coconut milk and use that in my green smoothies.

    Good for you for making those lifestyle changes and feeling so much better. It's not alway's easy, but once you make the changes, you realize that it was well worth it. I have never felt better in my life and I am quickly approaching a half century.......lol. And I look at my dear MIL who is almost 83 and eat's mostly raw.......she is out dancing with her boyfriend 3 evening a week and still takes care of her home and has 10 acres but manicures about 5 of them. She was even going to close up her antique shoppe of 40 years but decided not to! Still hauls that antique furniture out and does the refinishing, etc. Everytime I go to visit her in PA, she tells me the story about one of her annual Dr.s visit's. it goes like this.........Dr. to MIL, Mr. M, what are you doing? You are so healthy and all of your bloodwork is perfect! MIL to Dr. I just eat healthy, stay active, go to church and I take my vitamins. Dr. to MIL, Well please keep doing this and I will see you back here in a year for your annual exam:-) The reason for her telling this story to dh and I when we visit is because she was not alway's this healthy. Dear FIL passed away 15 year's ago from cancer and she had her health problems as well. But about 10 year's ago she met her boyfriend and he had been following a raw food lifestyle for year's. He turned her onto it and it turned her life around. He is almost 87 now and he looks more like 67. She calls him her Italian stud:-)
    Last edited by COUNTRYBUMPKIN; 11-05-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: correction

  4. #4
    Registered User vigilant20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Allis, Wisconsin
    Age
    36
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I was 50+% raw for the last 3 months. I enjoyed it and went so far as getting a vitamix because I was destroying my old blender. But even if you discount the vitamix and dehydrator, it was more expensive than I would have liked. I didn't notice any changes, except perhaps a little more energy. I certainly didn't lose a pound. I never do I started doing OAMC last week because it's easier on my budget, but I still do green smoothies for breakfasts...and I plan to continue doing regular juice feasts. We'll see where my own particular balance between the two happens to be.

  5. #5
    Registered User COUNTRYBUMPKIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,020
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post
    I was 50+% raw for the last 3 months. I enjoyed it and went so far as getting a vitamix because I was destroying my old blender. But even if you discount the vitamix and dehydrator, it was more expensive than I would have liked. I didn't notice any changes, except perhaps a little more energy. I certainly didn't lose a pound. I never do I started doing OAMC last week because it's easier on my budget, but I still do green smoothies for breakfasts...and I plan to continue doing regular juice feasts. We'll see where my own particular balance between the two happens to be.
    LOL, I destroyed my blender as well and after reading so many rave reviews on the Vitamix, broke down and purchased one. Now I would be lost without it. Hey, at least you had the energy increase. Everyone in different in noticing changes. Some people notice changes sooner and some notice them later. Detox play's a huge role in this. Some people have so many toxins built up in their system's that they might feel awful for quite some time. Other's do not have as much and will start feeling better within day's of weeks. It just varies.

    My cost's at first were very expensive too, but as I progressed with this lifestyle, I found it to be less expensive because I am actually eating less now. I am satisfied on drinking and eating about 30 to 40% less now from when I was eating cooked. Dh and the dd's don't eat all raw, but their food consumption has reduced too. But when I first started this lifestyle, I ate like a ravenous pig.....lol. It's like my cells were just starving for all of this raw food. And all while I was eating like this, my weight just fell off. So it's really different for everyone and the % of raw makes a huge difference too. I am 80 to 100% raw again. I went to about 50% over the summer and gained about 5 lbs, but I enjoyed all of my favorite summer pasta salads, grilled ribs and chicken and potlucks, evening appetizer parties, etc. I look forward to that in the summer and I look forward to the holiday's and celebrate them too.

    I think it's great that you are continuing your green smoothies and those juice feasts:-) You know your unique body and only you can find that balance. Do you do the same greens everyday or do you vary them?

    Thanks for coming here and sharing:-)

  6. #6
    Registered User vigilant20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Allis, Wisconsin
    Age
    36
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm a creature of habit, so about 80% of the time I have my usuals. My usual smoothie is OJ, berries, kale, spinach, parsley, and beet. My usual juice is apple, carrot, and celery. I think as winter rolls around I'll be juicing more than making smoothies, simply because my juice ingredients are cheaper and have a longer shelf life

    As for the vitamix, I'll never think of it as a bad investment. I still use it daily. Smoothies are wonderfully healthy and filling, and I'm still just tickled about making soups in it. I've tried nearly every recipe in the book that comes with it! It's a wonderful tool in the kitchen and for my health.

  7. #7
    Moderator IntlMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I.O.W.A.!!!!!
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,714
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vigilant20 View Post
    I'm a creature of habit, so about 80% of the time I have my usuals. My usual smoothie is OJ, berries, kale, spinach, parsley, and beet. My usual juice is apple, carrot, and celery. I think as winter rolls around I'll be juicing more than making smoothies, simply because my juice ingredients are cheaper and have a longer shelf life

    As for the vitamix, I'll never think of it as a bad investment. I still use it daily. Smoothies are wonderfully healthy and filling, and I'm still just tickled about making soups in it. I've tried nearly every recipe in the book that comes with it! It's a wonderful tool in the kitchen and for my health.
    I lost my book I got with my vitamix - is there a website with recipes????
    TIA

    btw - I think I'll go make a smoothie! OJ, berries from the garden this summer, and sliced frozen banana...mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    :

    Traci

    dh 20 years
    ds 14 ~ Russia
    ds 14 ~ Russia
    dd 6 ~ China

  8. #8
    Registered User vigilant20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Allis, Wisconsin
    Age
    36
    Posts
    900
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IntlMom View Post
    I lost my book I got with my vitamix - is there a website with recipes????
    TIA

    btw - I think I'll go make a smoothie! OJ, berries from the garden this summer, and sliced frozen banana...mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I think all of them are included on their website. They also have lots more there
    http://vitamix.ahoy.com/recipe/recipe_search.cgi

  9. #9
    Registered User cab54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,296
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Thanks for the reminder, CB (looks funny to me cause my real initials are CB)---I have lately gotten down to about 30-40 % raw and feel it! I need to increase the raw!

    I still make regular dinners, including meat, because dh would freak---but I try to keep my raw intake going. Off to make a smoothie, also! LOL. You are good to look after us.
    ______
    Cheryl

    "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition." -------Martha Washington

Similar Threads

  1. Reasons not to budget!
    By Shell in forum Frugal Living
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:28 PM
  2. 21 reasons
    By bamamomto4 in forum Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 08:37 AM
  3. One of the reasons I want to be self-sufficent
    By homesteadmamma in forum Homesteading and gardening
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 07:57 PM
  4. Reasons to buy MORE fabric
    By voodidit in forum Sewing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 01:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •