Frugal Village Forums banner

Imagine's weight ins

4K views 49 replies 15 participants last post by  imagine 
#1 · (Edited)
First a Recap from my intro to the weight loss challenge then in second post this weigh in's update

I need to lose some weight. My goal is to be healthier.

I started two weeks ago. I keep a journal of what I ate ( and the calories) I also write down the exercise. The doc looked at my food and notice cheese and ice cream and a couple of candy bars. But she said I still seemed to keep the calorie count down. For now she is letting me continue on my own instead of seeing the nutritionalist.

My personal trainer is my Dog. She is a Labrador and needs her walks ( 1 to 2 miles a day) If she doesn't get her exercise she tends to eat things that she shouldn't gloves, toys etc. Pencils seem to be her favorite.

I weigh in every two weeks. Last week I lost 9 pounds. ( I'm guess a lot of water weight)

16 more pounds to go to my pre- pregnancy weight with my daughter ( she is 7 years old)

38 pounds to go to my pre- pregnancy weight with my son ( he is 11)

I haven't been at it long enough to see what my downfalls are. Hopefully the journal will help.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Second weight in -- two weeks since last one.

lost 4 pounds

total weight loss to date 13 pounds

12 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy of second child

34 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy with first child

106 pounds to go to the weight I was at when I met my hubby

Maybe someday I'll post actual pounds. But you here are one of the privilages few that know I'm working on my weight. The doctor and Hubby know. I'm glad they know. My mom found out. I really wish she hadn't found out.

I'm going to need a new belt to hold up my jeans. I went from the last hole on my belt to the one the one most in.

#10 · (Edited)
Original posted two weeks ago (11/5)

Second weight in -- two weeks since last one.

lost 4 pounds

total weight loss to date 13 pounds

12 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy of second child (need to make a math adjustment I weighed 5 pounds more than I remembered when I was pregnant with my second so 7 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy of second child)

34 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy with first child

106 pounds to go to the weight I was at when I met my hubby
Two weeks since last weigh in

lost 8 pounds

total weight loss 21 pounds

First Goal met -- I now weigh 1 pound less than I did before I became pregnant with second

26 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy with first child

98 pounds to go to the weight I was at when I met my hubby

#3 ·
Not an official weight in week

I wanted to post that I fit in to the fancy sheath dress that I couldn't zip up last Christmas season ( maybe the Christmas before that too). That felt so good!

It is a basic good material black sheath dress that I bought 10 years ago for an event and altered to fit my curves better.

I'm actually looking forward to the Christmas party. Now I just have to find a babysitter. Oh and some black shoes.

#5 ·
Actually it is 13 pounds in a month.

I weigh every two weeks

First two weeks 9 pounds the second two weeks 4 pounds.

#6 ·
I think this thread of mine might become more than just a weigh in. LOL
As I already posted the cool "I fit in_____ again" post.

This post will be more of a confessional post I guess.

I over ate in calories yesterday.

Hubby made pancakes and eggs since he and the kids had the day off for Veterans day. I had too thin pancakes with minimal syrup, an egg, and a glass of milk.

For a snack I had three pretzels As I was nauseated. Don't know why.

For lunch Hubby took us out to Pizza Hut so daughter could use her Book it coupon before it expired. I had the salad bar Before you say way to go avoiding the pizza (it was all you can eat buffet) I am allergic to some spice Pizza Hut uses in everything Italian so Salad bar is all I could eat. My salad was lettuce, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, 1 oz of cheese and some blue cheese dressing ( only kind that looked good that probably wouldn't have the spice I'm allergic too) I did have 3 vanilla wafer cookies for dessert. water to drink.

Then for dinner I had put beef ribs with BBQ sauce in the crock pot for dinner. I had found them on reduced for quick sale for $1.60 a pound
I had two ribs and a corn bread muffin. Water to drink

Total calories 2,000 That is the most I have had in one day since I started this weight loss thing.

Oh and I ended up with the worse stomach ache last night.

Stepping out of confessional now

#8 ·
I found out I had weighed the meat wrong. So it was only 1,606 calories so not as bad. :mdance:

Does any one know the level of calories that is it considered bad to be under? You know you start loving muscle instead of fat.

I assume I'm not under it because the doc hasn't said anything except asked if I was feeling deprived.

I do try to eat if I hungry.

Also any women feel that are hungrier the week before their period starts?

#11 · (Edited)
Finally found the nerve to post pounds

Thought I would post them before I lost the nerve

Top weight was 260 according to doc's records

Oct 7-- 255 pounds (started weight loss)
Oct 21-- 246
Nov 4 --242
Nov 17 -- 234 ( reached first goal of weight = to or less than weight before becoming pregnant with second child born almost 8 years ago)

Total weight loss to date 21 pounds

Doc would like to see me under 200 by or in early summer
208 was what I weighed when I became pregnant with my first child - born almost 12 years ago ( I had trouble gaining weight with him and weighed 195 at my 6 week check up)

#13 ·
Don't worry about having less than a *perfect* day every so often. There's a diet called the cheat to lose that promotes a cheat day once a week to kick start your metabolism out of "omg I'm gonna starve to death" mode. Gripey and do it and I look forward all week to cheat day. I don't eat any and everything I want on that day, although the diet says you can (well not like a whole large pepperoni pizza, plus fried potatoes and meat, plus a whole cake....you know) but honestly I don't really want to anymore. We go out for a cheat meal in the evening and eat to our heart's desire.

You're doing great! Feels great to be in control of your body, doesn't it? (my biggest weight loss secret? water. Drinking only water ---- after my morning coffee that is....I wish I could kick the stupid coffee habit....:lol: ).

#14 · (Edited)
I'm frustrated today

I know I started to lose weight for my health. To be a healthier mom for my children. Hopefullly to get rid of the blood pressure medication.

My vain side has kicked in it, felt so good to get into clothing that hasn't fit for a while. That favorite sweater now buttons up.

I have lose about 25 pounds now, an estimate not an official weigh in. I have gone from some 26 clothing to some 22. 3x no longer fits it looks like I'm wearing my big sister's clothing.

And now I wonder when in really life is anyone going to notice? When is anyone going to ask me if I have lost weight?

I also at the same time wonder if I going to have to shop in the plus section forever.

My collar bone is starting to show and I still have a little less than 100 pounds to go.

My hip bone is out there at the very edge of my hip. Birthing Hips. The OB when I had my second ( weighed what I weigh right now) what trying to find how much room I had for the baby started at my waist and went out in the edge of my hips where he found my hip bone said Huh with a slight giggle ( don't think he meant for that to come out of his mouth) then said the baby has plenty of room.

So are my hip bones going to go down or will be stuck in the large sizes forever?

When I was in college at my ideal weight I tried out of cheerleading and was turned down because I wouldn't go on a weight program. I guess they thought I was overweight then.

See my frustration. I know I'll be healthier but will I always be large? Will everyone always assume I need to lose weight even when I'm at my ideal?

#15 · (Edited)
Imagine Said:

"And now I wonder when in really life is anyone going to notice? When is anyone going to ask me if I have lost weight?"

Hang in there Imagine. You have to remember that most of the people that are the closest to us don't neccessarily see our weight, they just see "us". I think as you become more comfortable and confident with your weight loss and body image thats what people will notice first. You know that old line " Gee, theres something different about so and so" but you just cant put your finger on it right away. Well I have no doubt once it starts to really sink in for yourself, that he type of comment you will start to hear.

:applause:Congratulations on the weight loss so far!!!!!

Reactions: imagine
#17 ·
You maybe be right. I wore the fitted Sheath dress today to a luncheon and I got several compliments that the dress looked very nice on me.:mdance:

#16 ·
Offical weigh in

Starting weight ~~ 255 Oct 7
Last weigh in ~~ 234 Nov 17
Weight today ~~ 230 Dec 2

Total weight loss to date ~~25 pounds

Total time since started weight loss 8 weeks

First goal~~accomplished - Weight before pregnancy with second child born almost 8 years ago

Second goal~~ 22 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago

Third far off goal ~~ 90 pounds to weight I was at when I met Hubby 19 years ago

Doctors goal for me to be at or less than 200 by summer or early summer 30 pounds to go

#18 ·
Yesterday was to be an official weigh in for me.

But I had an intestinal virus and and the scale said I lost 8 to 10 pounds over night ( Sure it was water weight, I know that) so the scale weigh would have been inaccurate and I really wasn't in the mood to go to the doctor and ask to step on their scale.

Still on the BRAT diet. Okay I'm allergic to bananas so for me it is the RAT diet. rice,applesauce and toast. Hope I feel like eating something else soon.

Still trying to decided when I want to go back and step on the doc's scale again for an official weigh in. Should I go over the holiday's or wait until the New Year? I don't want to drag the kids to the doc to "see how much Mommy weighs" and they get out for break on Friday.

What do you think?

#19 ·
weigh in Dec 30

Last weigh in ~~ 230 Dec2
Weight today ~~ 226 Dec 30

Total weight loss to date ~~29 pounds

Total time since started weight loss 12 weeks

4 weeks since last weight in

First goal~~accomplished - Weight before pregnancy with second child born almost 8 years ago

Second goal~~ 18 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago

Third far off goal ~~ 86 pounds to weight I was at when I met Hubby 19 years ago

Doctors goal for me to be at or less than 200 by summer or early summer 26 pounds to go

6 more pounds to go til my weight matches my driver's license

I lost about 1 pound a week this Christmas season YES!

Total average 2.4 pounds a week.

#20 ·
Jan 13 ~~ 37 pounds lost

Last weigh in ~~ 226 Dec30
Weight today ~~ 218 Jan 13

I lost 8 pounds since last weigh in -- 2 weeks since last weight in

Total weight loss to date ~~37 pounds

Total time since started weight loss 14 weeks

Total average 2.64 pounds a week during my weight loss journey

Second goal~~ 10 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago

Third far off goal ~~ 78 pounds to weight I was at when I met Hubby 19 years ago

Doctors goal for me -- to be at or less than 200 by summer or early summer-- 18 pounds to go

I now weigh less than what my driver's license says.

I lost 4 pounds a week since the start of 2009.

#21 ·
You are very inspiring! I have started a healthier lifestyle on Jan.3, 2009. So far I have only lost 1.4lbs since then. I have been walking everyday and working out on my total gym everyday too. I have cut my portion size and I'm staying at 1500 calories a day. I feel thinner but the scale hasn't reflected it yet....doh! I keep hoping that I will have a big drop in weight on my next weigh-in. At least I feel better and am sleeping great! I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't get this large over night and I won't lose it over night either. If only......!!!

Keep up the good work!

#22 ·
Your making me blush. Inspiring? Me? I'm just plugging along. You are right didn't get this large over night, won't lose it over night.

I find I have to not look at the scale much or I get frustrated.

Congratulations on your start to a healthier life. Keep up the good work (and keep me posted on your progress)

Reactions: lovestolaugh
#23 · (Edited)
Someone actually asked me if I lost some weight!

It was someone who works with Hubby (don't know if he tipped them off or not)

But yes, someone finally asked me if I had lost weight and I refrained from bragging Yes 40 pounds (weight approximate since it isn't my official weigh in week) I just Said yes, Thank you for noticing and then blushed.

#27 · (Edited)
Last weigh in ~~ 218 Jan 13
Weight today ~~ 217 Jan 27

I lost 1 pound since last weigh in -- 2 weeks since last weight in

Total weight loss to date ~~38 pounds

Total time since started weight loss 16 weeks

Total average 2.37 pounds a week during my weight loss journey

Second goal~~ 19 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago

Third far off goal ~~ 77 pounds to weight I was at when I met Hubby 19 years ago

Doctors goal for me -- to be at or less than 200 by summer or early summer-- 17 pounds to go

I now weigh less than what my driver's license says.

I lost an average of 2.25 pounds a week since the start of 2009.

I only lost 1 pound this weigh in that is about 1/2 a pound a week. I'm a bit disappointed. I figure a few things played into not much weigh lost this weigh in.

1) I think this is a happy place for my body. I was at this weight and size of years. It is one of it's set points. So I have plateaued, for a while.
2) Parties. Yes I said parties, plural. Who can say no to their own son's birthday cake, especially when they know how yummy it is since they made it. We also had restaurant meals and kid's favorites. My son picked the meal on his birthday- Chilli cheese dogs, chips and soda and of course cake with very rich homemade butter cream frosting ( commonly called birthday icing in this house). The chips and soda didn't taste as good as I remembered them tasting, at first, but the more I ate the more they tasted yummy like I remembered. I ate more than my fair share of the chips.

I still have to get through two more birthdays coming up this week. Hubby's and daughter's. That means two more cakes and at least one more restaurant meal and a kid's favorite (Oh, and hubby's favorite too). Daughter has asked for homemade white pizza.

I'm disappointed in my weight loss but I'm not really mad at myself because part of living is enjoy and celebrating birthdays with your family. That means cake and party foods.

One more party week then no more birthdays until mine in June.

Added: I just read my post right before for this one. I have to remember how far I have come already and how much better I feel. That is much better than the number on the scale and definitely more important that the number down on the scale on one weigh in.

#28 ·
Also any women feel that are hungrier the week before their period starts
Yes Yes yes!! I can't stop eating that week before, I feel like I"m going to pass out from hunger.
You are doing a great job! It's ok to platau for a bit, soon it will kick off again and you'll be amazed at how much drops off. Plus, you are building muscle and your skin is shrinking along with your body. Keep it up!

#29 ·
I have to make a math correction, the edit button was gone already so I'll make it here

Second goal~~ 9 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago

only 9 more pounds not the 19 I posted last post

#30 ·
I have to make a math correction, the edit button was gone already so I'll make it here

Second goal~~ 9 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago...
:applause: You're doing awesome! Keep it up!!!

#31 ·
It's offfical lost more than 40 pounds so far

Last weigh in ~~ 217 Jan 27
Weight today ~~ 213 Feb 10

I lost 4 pound since last weigh in -- 2 weeks since last weight in

Total weight loss to date ~~42 pounds

Total time since started weight loss 18 weeks

Total average 2.33 pounds a week during my weight loss journey

Second goal~~ 5 pounds to Weight before pregnancy with first child born almost 12 years ago

Third far off goal ~~ 73 pounds to weight I was at when I met Hubby 19 years ago

Doctors goal for me -- to be at or less than 200 by summer or early summer-- 13 pounds to go

An acquaintance friend ( that I don't see often) said "You have lost lots of weight girl" not a question but a statement. YES!

Then with excitement in her eyes she asked how I have done it. This stumped me for a while. My mind raced 100 miles an hour. How Had I done it? I suppose "I'm not really sure" would have worked so I said, "Watched what I ate" her face dropped and she made a joke about how she watches what she eats go right to her hips.

Not the answer she wanted.

I then thought how have I done it? I really couldn't come up with a good answer. Hubby said "Honey, your just living your life."

The more I thought I think the best answer to how have I done it is made good choices.
- Choosing sleep when I'm tired
- Choosing to put down that book ( it will still be there later) and play with the kids outside
- Choosing to take the dog for her long desired walk instead of watching another made for tv movie.
- Choosing the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator.
- Choosing healthy foods most of the time.
- Choosing to eat when I hungry, even if that means my lunch is at 10:30 am or I needing to get up out of bed for a midnight snack.
- Choosing to put sweets and treats in their proper place. Like, at church not saying no to trying the older lady's "best homemade cinnamon buns ever" that she brought to share. It really saddened me to see people with longing in their eyes say no and refuse because they "shouldn't", they were on a diet. It saddened me to see the look in the lady's eyes as they said no. I much preferred the light in her eyes as she told me all about the ingredients she used. Well worth the calories. Oh and it was roll your eyes back in your head yummy too.

So I guess Hubby was right, I'm just living my life, Really living my life.:hearts:

#32 ·
Went shopping for some new jeans

My pants were sagging, if I had been a middle school student I would not have met dress code and had my pants pulled up and duct taped to my shirt Well, that is the rumor of what happens - No one Son knows has actually seen it happen, no one wants to push the dress code and find out if the rumors are true or not

So anyway I took me in my sagging jeans to the Salvation Army and tried on several pairs.

My new jeans ( I bought two pair) are now size 18 that is down from my highest jean size of 26.

I showed off my new jeans to Hubby. Of course I had to say, "Do these jeans make my butt look big?" LOL Don't worry I let Hubby off the hook with my smirk so he didn't say anything to get him in trouble.

#33 ·
You are doing awesome! Bet it felt great to get into those 18's without lying down & sucking in. It's got to be one of the best feelings I think. Woohoo! :clapgirl:

#34 ·
Yes it did feel great! I'm having fun dressing this body of mine. I'm matching clothes up ( my 8 year old daughter is "helping" pair up outfits:bfly:). I will actually feel good 'cause I look good when I head to the children's parent teacher conferences today.

I'm beginning to think that if I keep up my weight loss that I might actually someday be able to shop in another section other than the plus section. Now that would be awesome. Think of all the new clothing options that would bring. Think of additional stores I could shop at. Think of all the additional bargains, there are more choices in the non plus size section of Salvation Army and Good will.

#35 ·
I just realized that last Tuesday was to be an official weigh in for me.

I didn't do it and I don't want to. I think I'll wait a bit.

I think I have hit a plateau on the scale and have hit an motivational/emotional plateau too.

One thing I learned this past few weeks though was that I don't like the way I feel after eating heavy salt things. I don't know if I'm just salt sensitive or if everyone feels this way after eating salt.

Example: We had a Dinner at church. Sloppy Joe's, baby carrots with dip and potato chips. I can't have carrots so I had the Joes and chips with some dip. By bedtime, I had retained so much water that I had gained 5 pounds and everything felt puffy and ached. I tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable or sleep. I think I'll be avoiding salty things as much as I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.