Imagine's weight ins
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Imagine's weight ins

First a Recap from my intro to the weight loss challenge then in second post this weigh in's update

I need to lose some weight. My goal is to be healthier.

I started two weeks ago. I keep a journal of what I ate ( and the calories) I also write down the exercise. The doc looked at my food and notice cheese and ice cream and a couple of candy bars. But she said I still seemed to keep the calorie count down. For now she is letting me continue on my own instead of seeing the nutritionalist.

My personal trainer is my Dog. She is a Labrador and needs her walks ( 1 to 2 miles a day) If she doesn't get her exercise she tends to eat things that she shouldn't gloves, toys etc. Pencils seem to be her favorite.

I weigh in every two weeks. Last week I lost 9 pounds. ( I'm guess a lot of water weight)

16 more pounds to go to my pre- pregnancy weight with my daughter ( she is 7 years old)

38 pounds to go to my pre- pregnancy weight with my son ( he is 11)

I haven't been at it long enough to see what my downfalls are. Hopefully the journal will help.
    Last edited by imagine; 11-05-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Second weight in -- two weeks since last one.

lost 4 pounds

total weight loss to date 13 pounds

12 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy of second child

34 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy with first child

106 pounds to go to the weight I was at when I met my hubby

Maybe someday I'll post actual pounds. But you here are one of the privilages few that know I'm working on my weight. The doctor and Hubby know. I'm glad they know. My mom found out. I really wish she hadn't found out.

I'm going to need a new belt to hold up my jeans. I went from the last hole on my belt to the one the one most in.
    Last edited by imagine; 11-05-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Not an official weight in week

I wanted to post that I fit in to the fancy sheath dress that I couldn't zip up last Christmas season ( maybe the Christmas before that too). That felt so good!

It is a basic good material black sheath dress that I bought 10 years ago for an event and altered to fit my curves better.

I'm actually looking forward to the Christmas party. Now I just have to find a babysitter. Oh and some black shoes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

13 pounds in two weeks? That's excellent! Keep it up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovesewing View Post
    13 pounds in two weeks? That's excellent! Keep it up
    Actually it is 13 pounds in a month.

I weigh every two weeks

First two weeks 9 pounds the second two weeks 4 pounds.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think this thread of mine might become more than just a weigh in. LOL
    As I already posted the cool "I fit in_____ again" post.

This post will be more of a confessional post I guess.

I over ate in calories yesterday.

Hubby made pancakes and eggs since he and the kids had the day off for Veterans day. I had too thin pancakes with minimal syrup, an egg, and a glass of milk.

For a snack I had three pretzels As I was nauseated. Don't know why.

For lunch Hubby took us out to Pizza Hut so daughter could use her Book it coupon before it expired. I had the salad bar Before you say way to go avoiding the pizza (it was all you can eat buffet) I am allergic to some spice Pizza Hut uses in everything Italian so Salad bar is all I could eat. My salad was lettuce, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, 1 oz of cheese and some blue cheese dressing ( only kind that looked good that probably wouldn't have the spice I'm allergic too) I did have 3 vanilla wafer cookies for dessert. water to drink.

Then for dinner I had put beef ribs with BBQ sauce in the crock pot for dinner. I had found them on reduced for quick sale for $1.60 a pound
    I had two ribs and a corn bread muffin. Water to drink

Total calories 2,000 That is the most I have had in one day since I started this weight loss thing.

Oh and I ended up with the worse stomach ache last night.

Stepping out of confessional now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

YOU CAN DO IT!

Remember: It's not the falling down that matters as much as the getting up and beginning again.

Anna <who's there, too - - and is pulling for you!>

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found out I had weighed the meat wrong. So it was only 1,606 calories so not as bad.

Does any one know the level of calories that is it considered bad to be under? You know you start loving muscle instead of fat.

I assume I'm not under it because the doc hasn't said anything except asked if I was feeling deprived.

I do try to eat if I hungry.

Also any women feel that are hungrier the week before their period starts?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love your bench marks - pounds to go before ___.

Keep up the good work!
    Debbie in Oregon

September Activity Challenge - 0 of 900
    Debt Reduction -
    CC#1 - 0 of $175.60
    CC#2
    CC#3
    CC#4
    CC#5
    CC#6
    CC#7
    CC#8

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Original posted two weeks ago (11/5)

Second weight in -- two weeks since last one.

lost 4 pounds

total weight loss to date 13 pounds

12 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy of second child (need to make a math adjustment I weighed 5 pounds more than I remembered when I was pregnant with my second so 7 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy of second child)

34 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy with first child

106 pounds to go to the weight I was at when I met my hubby
    Two weeks since last weigh in

lost 8 pounds

total weight loss 21 pounds

First Goal met -- I now weigh 1 pound less than I did before I became pregnant with second

26 pounds to go to my weight before pregnancy with first child

98 pounds to go to the weight I was at when I met my hubby
    Last edited by imagine; 11-17-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally found the nerve to post pounds

Thought I would post them before I lost the nerve

Top weight was 260 according to doc's records

Oct 7-- 255 pounds (started weight loss)
    Oct 21-- 246
    Nov 4 --242
    Nov 17 -- 234 ( reached first goal of weight = to or less than weight before becoming pregnant with second child born almost 8 years ago)

Total weight loss to date 21 pounds

Doc would like to see me under 200 by or in early summer
    208 was what I weighed when I became pregnant with my first child - born almost 12 years ago ( I had trouble gaining weight with him and weighed 195 at my 6 week check up)
    Last edited by imagine; 11-18-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations on the weight loss!!
    Debbie in Oregon

September Activity Challenge - 0 of 900
    Debt Reduction -
    CC#1 - 0 of $175.60
    CC#2
    CC#3
    CC#4
    CC#5
    CC#6
    CC#7
    CC#8

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't worry about having less than a *perfect* day every so often. There's a diet called the cheat to lose that promotes a cheat day once a week to kick start your metabolism out of "omg I'm gonna starve to death" mode. Gripey and do it and I look forward all week to cheat day. I don't eat any and everything I want on that day, although the diet says you can (well not like a whole large pepperoni pizza, plus fried potatoes and meat, plus a whole cake....you know) but honestly I don't really want to anymore. We go out for a cheat meal in the evening and eat to our heart's desire.

You're doing great! Feels great to be in control of your body, doesn't it? (my biggest weight loss secret? water. Drinking only water ---- after my morning coffee that is....I wish I could kick the stupid coffee habit.... ).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy

I'm frustrated today

I know I started to lose weight for my health. To be a healthier mom for my children. Hopefullly to get rid of the blood pressure medication.

My vain side has kicked in it, felt so good to get into clothing that hasn't fit for a while. That favorite sweater now buttons up.

I have lose about 25 pounds now, an estimate not an official weigh in. I have gone from some 26 clothing to some 22. 3x no longer fits it looks like I'm wearing my big sister's clothing.

And now I wonder when in really life is anyone going to notice? When is anyone going to ask me if I have lost weight?

I also at the same time wonder if I going to have to shop in the plus section forever.

My collar bone is starting to show and I still have a little less than 100 pounds to go.

My hip bone is out there at the very edge of my hip. Birthing Hips. The OB when I had my second ( weighed what I weigh right now) what trying to find how much room I had for the baby started at my waist and went out in the edge of my hips where he found my hip bone said Huh with a slight giggle ( don't think he meant for that to come out of his mouth) then said the baby has plenty of room.

So are my hip bones going to go down or will be stuck in the large sizes forever?

When I was in college at my ideal weight I tried out of cheerleading and was turned down because I wouldn't go on a weight program. I guess they thought I was overweight then.

See my frustration. I know I'll be healthier but will I always be large? Will everyone always assume I need to lose weight even when I'm at my ideal?
    Last edited by imagine; 12-01-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Imagine Said:

"And now I wonder when in really life is anyone going to notice? When is anyone going to ask me if I have lost weight?"

Hang in there Imagine. You have to remember that most of the people that are the closest to us don't neccessarily see our weight, they just see "us". I think as you become more comfortable and confident with your weight loss and body image thats what people will notice first. You know that old line " Gee, theres something different about so and so" but you just cant put your finger on it right away. Well I have no doubt once it starts to really sink in for yourself, that he type of comment you will start to hear.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far!!!!!
    Last edited by djbout; 12-01-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: quote didnt work

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast