donating blood

Thread: donating blood

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default donating blood

Does anyone here donate blood...

I used to and for a long time was a member of the gallon club but as my schedule became busier my donations sorta fell away. I'm going to make an extra effort to get back to donating this year. I feel this is a needed, life saving and much needed thing to do.
    If You Find Yourself Dancing In The Rain
    You Have Been Blessed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do, I go to the red cross station in town as much as I can between work, home and 6 kids!!
    I am O pos, they like my blood!! The red cross even calls me at home occasionally when in need of it!!!
    I will be swinging by their office on wed to donate this week!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I donate pretty much every 60 days. If I forget, they call.

I am also a bone marrow donor and strongly recommend that everyone who signs up as a blood donor sign up to be a bone marrow donor as well!

And I am also an organ donor, but you can't have those until I'm dead.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used to donate blood all the time, however, about 18 months ago, I was a blood recipient myself. So after that, I had to wait a year until I could donate again, and honestly, I just never put it back into my schedule.

Thank you for this reminder to me. After being a blood recipient myself, I realize just how important it is to saving lives, as it saved mine. I would have been dead in the emergency room, if I had not had recieved blood before they were able to get me into the OR.

I should be much more diligent about going, so thanks for posting this. I think I will make an appointment for this week. Plus, I just saw that our heartland blood center is raffling off $100 gas cards to it's blood donors each week in January. So, while not necessary, it would be a nice bonus to win a gas card!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know, this is a lame-o excuse, but I have always said that I would be happy to donate like I used to (before kids) if they offered to watch my children while I did it.....which I know is never gonna happen. I am lucky to find someone to watch my daughter when I have an OB appt, let alone trying to find someone to watch her to donate blood.

Interesting the different issues that you can have with different stages of life, eh?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to donate blood on a regular basis then, many years ago, one of the medical tests they ran came back with a false positive. They verified it was a false positive but, even though it was a false positive I am now banned for life from giving blood because that is the policy of the agency that handles blood donations. They are considering changing the policy because they are eliminating too many people because of this rule. If they change the rules I would start donating again.