Frugal Village Forums banner

Fibromyalgia and GF- 2 for 1 updates!

802 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Patty A 
#1 ·
Some of you may remember me mentioning the fact that my daughter, aged 4, recently tested an 'inconclusive' positive on a blood test for celiac disease. That was quite awhile ago- maybe a two months? We were putting off a GF trial until she finished up school before Christmas (I wanted here to get to share in her Christmas treats) and I wanted to run the GF trial when her dad was on deployment. (One less person to experiment the new foods on...)

Some of you may also remember that I've been in pain for about the last 2 years. Because every noninvasive test they could come up with has turned up nil, I've been labeled a fibromyalgia case and sent on my way.

We finally started our official GF trial on about the 31st. So that's, what, not even a week? My kids are fine. I'm not sure exactly how to know that they're being affected by the trial but I imagine that after a couple months of being gluten free we'll notice an obvious change when we put them back on it. (Oddly, my 4yo woke up the night of the 30th throwing up several times. She had had a considerable amount of wheat products that day after being about 90-95% gluten free for several weeks... I have to wonder if that was a sign.)

So far, my kids are drawing up an inconclusive still. On the other hand, I've noticed a pretty big difference. My pain is pretty much gone. It's only been a couple days so I'm trying to be cautious, but so far it looks pretty good. The pain that felt like it was in my bones, the pain up the front of my legs and in my lower arms and wrists that really bothered me has so far not made an appearance. Honestly it wasn't what I was expecting because I really thought if anything, it was the dairy that my body doesn't like. Oh well. I like ice cream better than bread anyway. :laugh:

I've had some other issues that seem to be suddenly resolved as well... but I'll leave that for another day. :)

So anyway. I just thought I'd share. I suspect that the wheat will stay gone as long as I'm not hurting.

Hopefully the kids will continue to do well. I'm really hoping that my little girl will put on some weight and stop having tummy aches. We'll see!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.