Frugal Village Forums banner

why is my back bruised?

Tags
back bruised
6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  quiltingmommy 
#1 ·
Sorry, kinda long...

Okay, I have a weird one for you. On Sunday morning, while walking into church, I stepped on a small patch of ice with my RF, slid about 6" and was fine (never fell). On the way out, I stepped on that same patch with my LF and slid, not falling. (Is God trying to tell me something?) Anyway, about an hour or so later, my back started to hurt. :eek:uch: I have tried heat, ice, massage etc. and cannot bend or twist without being in pain on my lower back. DH had to put my underwear on for me this morning! :laugh:

Well, when I came home from work, I asked DH to look at my tailbone area because it felt like it was bruised. He took a picture to show me. It looks like someone hit me with a 2x4 straight across the tailbone area. I did not fall, did not hit my back on anything, so why is it bruised?:huh::ponder:
Thanks!

#2 ·
Maybe you got a microtear in the muscle there? I did that to a tricep muscle once. When it happened, I heard a "pop" (which was actually my muscle tearing), but not much else. A few hours later, I had a huge bruise and my tricep was swollen badly. The bruise was caused by torn tissue bleeding and since there was no place for it to go, it pooled in that area.

I'm thinking you tore a muscle, ligament, etc, on the first slip and then the blood pooled in your tailbone area because you were sitting at church. It can take a couple of hours for the swelling/bruising to show up.

#3 ·
When Dh had a buldged disc in his back, he had a huge bruise on the spot. He was climbing into a truck at work when he did it, so it was something minor that did it. I would imagine that a slide on the ice could do the same thing.

He went to a chiropractor about it and was told that rest and time, then exercise once it healed were the best options! Hopefully, it is something minor!

#4 ·
I agree. I have a patient who has bruising across her lower back, her doc told her it was from a bulging disc. She picked up a load of wet clothes and had back pain after that but didn't think anything of it, until her husband saw the bruises later.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I got up this morning in more pain then yesterday. I have shooting pains down my right 'cheek' and leg. I am pretty sure it's sciatica. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon and I'm seriously thinking of going to an acupuncturist. The problem is that I have extreme sensivity to medication and really cannot take anything for it other than tylenol or advil. I started crying this morning when I tried to put my socks on. DH had to help me get dressed. The bruise is straight across my back from hip to hip. My DS said maybe I have to have it cut off. :)

#6 ·
Shooting pain is sciaticia I had that it really hearts. Get to the chiropractor!

#7 ·
WEnt to the doctor yesterday, she doesn't think it's sciatica because the shooting pain down my cheek and leg didn't happen until yesterday morning. I have to take Ibuprofen and heat for a few days as well as doing back excersizes. She also told me I could go to an acupuncurist. She said that the bruising is normal when pulling a muscle and that it will take time to heal. Meanwhile, I'm walking like an old lady!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.