Has anyone had a Pityriasis Rosea rash before?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Has anyone had a Pityriasis Rosea rash before?

~I think I've got one. I should probably see a doctor but there's nothing they can so it seems like a waste of time to me. It's been going on for a month but it's not at all as severe as the pictures I've seen online.
    Anyway, did you have one? How long did it linger and did you scar at all? Did you see a doctor about it? Any suggestions for making it go away faster?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i don't know what kind of rosacea that is coz i have only heard of it referred to as 'rosacea' but if it is what i think it is (redness, flushing of the face and sometimes bumps almost like acne) then i have had that for about 20 yrs... i only get the flushing and redness and it has never developed into bumps...(i guess i should consider myself lucky...)

i have had numerous prescription meds to fight it (and they are NOT cheap) at least they weren't years ago when this first started...and after awhile most everything we tried became ineffective... i currently use an over-the-counter product called (Dermarest Rosacea Advanced Redness Treatment) it's made by Del Pharmaceuticals and i used to be able to get it at my local wal-mart...they stopped carrying it here but my mom has been able to get it for me in Indy at her wal-mart...it's around $6 a tube (2oz) but it goes extremely far... every morning i mix a small glob with my olay moisturizer and spread it thickly over my face....it has literally stopped the redness and flushing when i use it every day faithfully....if i miss a day or two i get flare-ups... i would suggest you try this stuff as i have recommended it to quite a few people who have also found that it works for them..... good luck coz i know what you are battling.....

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Well, I know it's not rosacea because it's not on my face. I appreciate your response though, thank you!
    Pityriasis rosea is a rash that looks a bit like ringworm or eczema. It starts with a 'herald' patch of red scaly skin. After a couple of weeks other smaller patches appear on the trunk, upper legs and arms. It's thought to be triggered by a virus and will go away on it's own in 6-12 weeks.
    I've already tried the anti-fungals, anti-itch creams and treating it as eczema. That's how I determined it must be this particular rash.
    All the sites say it's very common but I've never heard of anyone I know having it. A 12 week rash is pretty memorable. Someone here has had to have had it!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Try applying apple cider vinegar a couple times a day!, Pityriasis is the medical term for dandruff...so it means a flaking/dryness of the skin, rosacea is it's own thing as well...combining the two, and I'm sure it's very uncomfortable, I have a condition on my scalp similar to what you are talking about, and I looked up natural remedies online and came across apple cider vinegar. It took about a week or so, but it started to clear up and I have used it every day since and it's not broke out again since me using it! It's worth a try, and it's all natural!