Frugal Village Forums banner

*~Live for life program sign up~*

32K views 231 replies 182 participants last post by  Rhiamon 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in the live for life club, please register at http://www.weightlossmoms.com/forums

This club will consist of making positive nutritional changes and fitness changes for an overall healthier lifestyle. Those interested in weightloss, eating healthier, peer support, and being held accountable sign up. :) You don't have to post your weight. ;) BUT you can if you'd like and if it helps you reach your goal.
When you do signup, please post the following:

An intro
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance
How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas
Why you want to make some changes
Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term

I'll start....
I feel horrible about my current weight and eating habits. Many may argue that I just gave birth, but imo that is "no excuse". I am currently bf'ing so am looking for just a healthier approach to my meal planning and to cut out the sweets and increase my exercise. I want to make some changes because I don't feel as good about myself as I have in the past. I'm feeling older and even frumpy. I want to feel an increase in energy too. My overall goal is to fit in a closet full of clothes. My main problem area is grabbing high calorie snacks vs. low cal ones.
Will add more later.

Sara

See less See more
#2 ·

Horrible! I see my reflection in the windows when shopping, and i think "How did I do this???"

My trouble is high carbs! I love potatos and corn (as a meal!) My goal is to up my dairy and protein intake

I want t make changes because I am tired of being sluggish all the time! I used to be a go getter and I want that back!

My goal is to get down to 115 lbs and gain stamina and zest for life like I had BK (before kids)
I am hoping by this time next year to have met my goals. I do not plan to buy new clothes, just alter the ones I have now.

#3 ·
Sign me up, sisters! I am ready to make some positive changes in my life! I am at the highest weight I have ever been, after having lost 20lbs right before I was supposed to get married in the fall...I have gained that 20lbs plus another 10 or so. I am accepting that I needed to eat to ease the pain...but I am choosing now to deal with my emotions in a healthier way...hopefully that will lead to heathier eating and more exercise...and weight loss! My biggest problem is that I eat out at fast food restaurants too much (which is costing me too much too) and I eat when I am upset! My overall goal is to lose 50 lbs over six months to a year, exercise at least 4 days a week and fit into the beautiful clothes in my closet I haven't worn in 5 years.

#4 ·
I am in too, God knows i need it.

My avatar said it all doesn't it, I just need to lose so much weight, I am so not happy with the way i look

I was just thinking about this last night, I didn't realize that i eat way more than i thought i did. i start supper with so much on my plate but then turkey ran out and i still had stuffing so i had to add more turkey, and then more gravy, and on and on. and i love chips they are a major downfall for me. Today i found that i was out of sorts to say the least and I am totally pigging out, then i thought okay i will just eat this and then get on with life, but now it is supper time and i am ready to pig out more. Soda is a major thing too i drink way to much mountain dew.

there are so many reasons, we all know that i just finished with the dentist and i have a great smile but now i want a great figure to go with it. i need more energy and i am not going to get it looking like this, also i want to start a new life now IDAH is gone and i can't do that feeling like this.

I need to start drinking more water and less soda. I want to be back to my weight i was in maine when I felt really good about me. It has been way too long. and i need something new to go with this smile. LOL

:D :D :D :D

#5 ·
Sign me in also.

How do I feel about my current weight - I feel lousy about it. When I look in the mirror, it tells me what I need to do about it!!

How do I feel about my eating habits - not great. My downfall is snacking. I snack when I'm discouraged, upset or not happy!!

Why do you want to make some changes - So that I can look good, have more energy and be much healthier. I want to do it for ME.

My ultimate goal is to get down to around 140 lbs, to drink more water and to learn to enjoy excersising.

Thanks Sara for starting this up!!

#6 ·
Sign me up too please!

How do I feel about my current weight?
Not good at all. I hate the way I look and the way my clothes fit. I also hate the way I feel physically.

How do I feel about my eating habits?
I've had terrible eating habits since my mom died when I was 10. I desperately need to learn to eat healthy and leave the junk food alone.

Why do you want to make some changes?
For my health, to get PCOS under control hopefully, to prevent diabetes, to get some of this weight off my arthritic bones especially my back. Also for my self-esteem.

My ultimate goal is to be between 145 and 155 pounds. To eat healthy. I have a long way to go.

#7 ·
I'm joining the *Live for life* program with you!:) Thanks Sara for starting this!

1-How I feel about my current weight?

I feel very heavy and discouraged to see all the weight I carry around on myself.

2-How do I feel about my eating habits?

I know I am not nourishing myself. I don't even like what I am stuffing my body with. I know I have a problem with emotions and eating. I eat when I feel stressed out(which happens daily) and I eat when I feel sad, mad and bored with my life. It makes me mad to know I have this problem. I feel addicted to food...

3-Why I want to make some changes?

I *want* to make the changes, but I know alone I have alot of difficulties. I want to change and become the *Lucie* who used to have so much energy and so much less weight, 5 years ago...I want to feel great and not tired all the time. I don't want to be out of breath walking *down* the stairs. I don't want to have soar ankles, knees and back. Mostly, I want to change for good, becuase I am borderline diabetic and I feel like I'm in a rollercoaster ride everyday.

4- What are your goals?

My goal is long term. I want to make peace with myself and food, to be able to care for myself like I deserve it. This way, I hope I will more easily be motivated to eat the foods that make me feel full of life. I also want to start walking again, like I used to. I also want to decrease my sugar intake.

Lucie :)

#8 ·
I would like to sign up too.

I have tried so many things in the past, but I have noticed that each way had something in common. I was doing it all alone. Now I know that I was the only one shoveling food into my face, and that it took a long time to put on, but it would be so much better to have people around to cheer me on or console me if needed.

How do you feel about your current weight?
Well, not great. I have been looking at my body and noticing areas that didn't used to be flabby and now they are. I feel out of shape too. I live in a third floor apartment and some days feel winded when I reach my house!

How do I feel about my eating habits?
Well, my parents weren't very strict on what my brother and I ate. We were both active and didn't gain weight. Well, over the years with puberty and my own mother passing away too, I didn't feel the want to be active. I also want to learn to eat healthy.

Why do I want to make changes?
For health reasons and be able to prove to everyone including myself that it can be done.

My longterm goal is to be at 145 or a size 9/10. I think I would be happy with that. I also want to get down to a low enough weight so that my insurance will cover a breast reduction.

#10 ·
I am in!!

1. I really don't like the way I look or feel. I am happy and perky on the inside -- but frumpy and old on the outside.

2. I eat way too much junk food. When I eat a real meal, it usually consists of potatoes, corn, and bread. Very little meat or real vegetables.

3. I have arthritis in my joints and the pain will get worse as I age.

4. I want to lose 50 pounds this coming year. It is certainly achievable -- just a touch over 4 lbs per month.

ida

#11 ·
I would like to join in too please!!!

~how do I feel about my current weight-:puke:

~how do I feel about my eating habits-I know what I need to do but for whatever reason I don't!! I am not a horrible eater but I could do so much better than I do!!

~why I want to make changes-several reasons... I want to be healthier and enjoy life. I want to set a good example for my children, I have a 15 year old dd that is dealing with body image issues right now and I want her to be educated about eating right and exercising!!

~long term goals-I would like to get back down to where I was before kids. I am only 5'3 so I can't carry much weight around without looking like a weeble who wobbles!!! I weighed 101 when dh and I got married, I don't think that is something I could do now but I would like to get down as close to that as I can!! And to be totally honest it isn't so much about the number but more about me feeling better. I am tired of being tired and I am tired of sitting and watching everyone else have fun, I want to jump in and participate and live life and have fun with my kids!!!!!!!

#12 ·
I'm in too. I was on the Atkins and still plan to do so, there was just too much hard work and temptation for holidays. I'm still okay and will start back January 2.

How I feel about my current weight~
When i see pictures of myself or look in the mirror I cant believe that it is me. I do not always feel as fat as I look, but photos dont lie!

How I feel about my eating habits~
I know that I have a stong will power. I am sure of that. I love chocolate and it is the root of all evil for me. I also love carbs, potatoes, BREAD, and fast food.
Reasons I want to make changes~
There are many #1 most important I want to like what I see in pictures and the mirror, I owe tat to myself. Also, my dd#2 is grauating in June and I would love to love great on that day. More- I am going to school to fulfill a dream to beome a teaher and how the hek am I gonna keep up with 20-35 kids on a daily basis as fat as I am?
January 2, 2003 I am bak on Atkins full force. For anyone that wants to try it I have the books and will share info. I lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks, but more than that I had energy I never knew I had and wasn't even drinking caffeine. I'm planning on being a healthy elementary teaching quilter soon...very soon

#13 ·
Count me in!

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance?

Let's just say every morning the entire contents of the closet land on the floor. I don't like the way clothes fit..I don't like the fact that my family pictures look like I don't have a neck...

I have cut down on pastas...and working on cutting out the sweets and the pop...I know what needs to be done to get to healthy eating it's just getting to there that I'm having trouble with.

Why you want to make some changes?

I want to be able to go to the closet and be happy with the first thing I put on. I want to be able to chase my ds around the playground without getting breathless and having to sit down...

My goal is to lose the weight I gained during my 1st pregnancy and keep it off. I would like to be a 10 or even a 12 but I'd be happy being back at a 14.

#14 ·
I would like to join also. I don't have a lot to lose, about 10-12lbs, but I have a family history of high blood pressure/heart attacks to look forward to. :( I used to have a high metabolism and could eat everything and not gain a pound. After having kids that is history!

1.current weight/appearance- Don't like it
2.eating habits/problem areas- I like food. I like to eat and have no sense of portion control:(
3.why I want to change- To fit my clothes, feel better/more energy, teach my kids to eat healthy.
4. goal-long term goal. I want to make permanent changes

#15 ·
Count me in and tonight before I even checked in here I decided to start back on my eating plan tomorrow. I recently lost 25 pounds but decided in Aug to take a break til after Christmas. Well it's after Christmas and I've gained back 10 pounds! UGH!!

UGH! :( Nuff said.

I can drink up to 6 Dr. Peppers a day. Not anymore, it's water or unsweetened tea now. My eating plan involves lots of fresh fruit and veggies, meats, cheeses and avoiding any sugars and flours.

For my health. I want to be around to see my kids grow up and have kids of their own. :)

To get to a weight where I feel healthy and happy. I don't want to be skinny. I just want to be healthy. :)

Sara you couldn't have picked a better day to post this. Thank you. :) I am also starting to walk 2 miles a day at least 3 times a week starting tomorrow too. I can do this I just dropped 25 pounds over the summer. The next three days will be tough as I detox my body from all the crap I've been eating and drinking. But I know on by day 3 or 4 I'll feel so clean and healthy. :)

Let's go girls!!! :)

#16 ·
I'm in!

Things have much improved since I lost the first 20 pounds. I'm excited about what the next 20 will bring me.

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas?

I love to cook and bake, and I can't cook and then not partake. I need to drink more water and cut back on the sweets.

To be healthier and be a good example to my girls.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term?

Another 15 or 20 pound loss to reach my goal by summer. My cholesterol level is borderline high, so I'd like to see that come down, too.

#17 ·
I would like to sign up too.

Horrible, I had the twins and our youngest very close together and am not happy at all being this big.

I snack all the time. I would like to plan healthier meals and find better things to have for snacks.

I want to have more energy to do things with our kids. I am so tired of having no energy at all.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long t
I want to get down to like 155-160 pounds. I want to do this so I feel better about myself.

#18 ·
Please count me in!
~I hate it. I'm tired of tight pants, rolls, chafing thighs, hiding from pictures,hiding from life.
~ I think I've been eating for comfort but it is like a vicious cycle. Eat feel good, gain weight feel bad ,eat...
I need to stop eating for comfort and EXERCISE.
~So I can feel good about me again and be active & healthy
~I want to go to my Dds graduation looking and feeling like a Mom she can be proud of. Not that she doesn't love me, it's just the way I feel about myself.Crying as I type this...:(

#19 ·
yes I want to do this!
I need to lose some weight & feel good about myself. I also need to lose some weight for health reasons too.
It's hard not to buy some goodies when the kids ask you for them, then I want to eat some too.:(
I have no energy for anything. When I come home from work I don't want to do anything even though I know I have too. I do get somethings done, but it's like a force thing. I want to come home & just do it & feel good. The older I get I know it's even going to be harder.
I would like to lose at least 40-50lbs.:paw:

#20 ·
I am totally in!

-My weight isn't really the issue for me. I'm at a healthy weight for my height, it's just that I don't feel toned. I really would like to have a more toned body. Right now, everythings just a bit flabby.

-I really need to work on finding some quick, cheap, low carb dinners. Dh has been exercising and dieting since he turned 30, in October, and has lost 20 pounds. I know that he could lose more if I quit cooking so much pasta. However, it's the cheapest and quickest meal to cook when I get home from work. So, I gotta find some carb-less meals to make. As for my eating habits, they aren't horrible, however, if there are sweets out at work, I'm eating them. At home, it's fine, but at work, I feel like when I'm not teaching, I'm eating. I also want to start drinking more water. I used to be great about 8 glasses a day, but fell off the wagon. As for my problem areas, let's just say that I don't appreciate it when I'm running up the stairs, and I can physically feel my butt following me!

-I know 31 isn't old, but I'll be 31 in January and this is about the age when everyone always says that "it'll catch up with you." So, I want to be exercising and healthy so it doesn't catch up with me. Also, dh and I are going to start ttc'ing for kid #2 and I want to be as healthy as possible for the pregnancy.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term:
-I think that my overall goal is to drink 8 glasses of water a day, at least 5 days out of the week and to exercise at least 3 times a week. As I said, weight loss isn't a goal, but I can be held accountable by you guys for drinking the water and doing the exercise.

#21 ·
Please sign me up as well! I need to make some changes with my eating habits as well.

Terrible! I am down on myself all the time. I did so good for so long and then about 2 years ago, I gained 25 pounds that I want back off of me!!

I eat when I am depressed or stressed. I need to stop eating for comfort.

For myself! I want to feel good about myself again. Plus high cholesterol and heart disease run in my family and I am a candidate for both and that scares me. My sister has both already and she is only 3 1/2 years older than me.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term?
Mine will be long term. I want to lose 25 pounds and keep it off! I want to continue to take care of myself. There is only one life to live and I want to live it happy and healthy.

I really need support from others because I lack motivation to get up and move.

#22 ·
Sign me up please :)...

Horrible...all my life up until I had children I was underweight. Now I am about 15 lbs overweight. I want to lose 20-25 though.

My eating habits are horrilble. I hate having to prepare fruits and vegetables--I'd rather just grab something pre-made for a snack. I have a hard time eating nutritionally, too, because I am lactose intolerant and can never find good tasting and affordable recipes to make that not only I will enjoy but that everyone else here will eat too.

Why you want to make some changes? I know that this lifestyle is not good for me physically or emotionally, and I want my children to know how to eat the healthy way. Also, I'm tired of worrying about what to wear that will fit and look good.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term. Short term goal is to lose 25 lbs. Long term is to keep it off via diet and exercise and adopt a healthy lifestyle and not view it soley as a diet.

#23 ·
Count me in too!

~How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance~

I feel fat and pudgy!

~How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas~

My eating habits are terrible. Some days I don't eat at all and still gain weight. My problem areas are all over!

~Why you want to make some changes~

So I can start to feel good about myself and for my health.

~Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term~

Definately long term, once I get it off I never want it back!

#24 ·
Hi. My name is Judith, {duh, I know} My current weight is 183.4 {a loss of 10 lbs since August} I'm looking to lose another 39 lbs...

Answers to the questions...

I feel horrid about my weight and my inability to maintain a program. My appearance isn't that bad {so people tell me} but I think it is. I have battle a salt issue my whole life, and I withhold alot of water..

I feel bad about my eating habits. I do so well for long stretches, then I go off and eat at KFC or something, or I buy a box of salt at wal-mart.

I want to change because, and I know this sounds corny, but I believe my husband and kids deserve a better, healthier wife and mom, and I feel I deserve to be healthier for myself, too. I've not been anywhere near my ideal weight since 7th grade {almost 12 years ago} I want to see myself, not all this fat and water...

My goal is to lose the fat, and the water, and keep it off.

Oh, and I'd like to fit into a size 10.... I"m in an 18-20 right now...

#25 ·
Count me in!

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance? - I am still comparing myself to when I was 21. *sigh* That's only 12 years ago, but still!

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas? - My problem area is my stomach.... the result of a c-section almost 4 years ago. I also need to cut down on the sweets.

Why you want to make some changes? - To be healthier for myself and my family and to like what I physically see when I look in the mirror.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term? - Stop eating so many sweets, exercise and work out more, use weights to tone and sculpt.

#26 ·
Quilter Mom: Do you have an indent where your c-sect was? I had one 2 years ago come Feb. and my stomach is indented to the point where it looks like there are 2 halves... {My 3 year old says I have a butt on my tummy, she's SO helpful :( }

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.