Frugal Village Forums banner

*~Live for life program sign up~*

32K views 231 replies 182 participants last post by  Rhiamon 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in the live for life club, please register at http://www.weightlossmoms.com/forums

This club will consist of making positive nutritional changes and fitness changes for an overall healthier lifestyle. Those interested in weightloss, eating healthier, peer support, and being held accountable sign up. :) You don't have to post your weight. ;) BUT you can if you'd like and if it helps you reach your goal.
When you do signup, please post the following:

An intro
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance
How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas
Why you want to make some changes
Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term

I'll start....
I feel horrible about my current weight and eating habits. Many may argue that I just gave birth, but imo that is "no excuse". I am currently bf'ing so am looking for just a healthier approach to my meal planning and to cut out the sweets and increase my exercise. I want to make some changes because I don't feel as good about myself as I have in the past. I'm feeling older and even frumpy. I want to feel an increase in energy too. My overall goal is to fit in a closet full of clothes. My main problem area is grabbing high calorie snacks vs. low cal ones.
Will add more later.

Sara

See less See more
#52 ·
I hope it's not to late to join. Count me in.

I am extremely unhappy with my appearance and weight. I never had a weight problem until I had children (I guess three in four years is bound to do that to you.)

I am working on my eating habits and they have really improved and I just started do the Body for Life challenge. Hopefully this will accelerate the weight loss for me. Now if I could just quit eating after everyone is in bed that would be awesome.

I have 43 lbs left to lose which is much better then the 52 I had to start with. The weight wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't move so much.

I really want to instill a balanced diet in my children. I want them to crave vegetables more then they crave the junk food. In addition, I really want to wear cute clothes. When I finally dump this weight, I swear I will never ever wear a T-shirt with a logo on it again. :crackup:

#53 ·
Well i have been gone for a while...but here I am again. And now i see this wonderful new thing to do!! Yeah! I need someone to hold me responsible!

I am very unhappy with my wieght..like most others I gained it all from pregnancies. Mostly from my first..80 lbs. and havent lost a bit of it! i feel disgusting and ugly. Also I am just downright uncomfortable! I cant touch my toes anymore...i get out of breath when I walk up a flight of stairs, I mean its just ridiculous!

I want to of course ~look good~, but also be healthy, feel good about myself and teach my girls good eating habits and how to be happy with themselves.

Mybiggest problem is snacking/sweets. I get cravings for choclate that literally make me shake. And I just cant stop once I start. I can down a whole package of Oreos in a day! And even if its making my tumy hurt I just cant stop. it just sickening!

My ultimate goal is to lose 80 lbs. I am being realistic and setting a yearly goal for 50 lbs...hence 1 lb a week. I will not DIET! I WILL change my eating habits permanantly and increase my daily activity level. Whether it be working out at home, doing some sport or what have you.

I want to change my LIFE..and with that the WEIGHT will take a hike!

#54 ·
I hope I can still join!! :D

Right now I feel ok about my current weight but I feel I could loose maybe 5 to 10 pounds. I really need to tone up!! My eating habits are the pits!! I love fast food ( I have gotten better about this) but we cook big meals which makes me think I have to eat big!! I eat a lot of carbs and I know I need to slow down on that. I really want to have more energy and just look healthier and I think the way I'll get there is to start eating better and in moderation and drink lots and lots of water!!!!!!!!

#55 ·
is it to late to join? i am fat, i know i am fat. i hate to take pictures because i look so bad. i snack alot, on all the wrong foods, i eat way to much, and excersise? what is that. lol i need to change my life style because i want to be around a long time for my grandbabies. i need to get down to about 140-150. that is about 80 pounds.

#56 ·
I'd like to join too. I love this idea, and the accountability (posting) will help me a lot. I rejoined (keyword:rejoined;) ) Weight Watcher's last week, and my first weigh-in is tomorrow. My goal is to lose 46 pounds by December of this year, when I turn the big 4-0. I've got my Walk Away the Pounds tapes and my Pointsfinder ready, and I am optimistic that I can reach that goal or be very close to it by my birthday.

My body image is okay as long as I am dressed, cause then I have everything lycra'd into place:D. All joking aside, I'm a big-boned girl and am 5'6" and carry my weight well. People are always telling me that I look fine, but I know better.

Just like a lot of you have said, I really snack too much and on the wrong kinds of foods. I especially have a weakness for ice cream, it is definitely a red-light food for me. I also don't like to exercise. The only class I flunked in school was (you guessed it) gym. So I guess I need to get control of my snacking and exercise more.

#57 ·
please sign me up too!
answers to questions...~How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance~ well, lets just say my avatar pic isn't as recent as i'd like, lol it is pre kids! (I am still recovering from my second c section that isn't healing as it should)And it isnt from mid body down either.... ~Why you want to make some changes~ I want to be a healthy role model for my son and daughter, they are very young, but I still wnat to begin now! :) ~Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term~ I want to get the weight off and keep it off, fell better within myself and be a positive healthy mom. :) I snack, but have gotten better at it, and i have begun yoga (as a new years resolution) which so far I am enjoying...but yoga from tv, not in a gym. But I need to get onto a routine with it. I run around all day after the kids...3 yr old ds and a 10 mo dd, lol, does that count?? ;) hope it is not too late to join! :)

#58 ·
Ok... sign me up. I am starting today. :)

*How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance...
I feel very bogged down... I feel I don't have the energy I used to have. I feel very unhealthy and not very attractive.

*How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas...
I tend to eat alot during a meal. I also get hungry late at night and have been known to have another meal then. :eek:
I drink too much pop.

*Why you want to make some changes...
I want to have more energy and be able to do more things with Tyler this summer. I just want to feel better about myself... and actually enjoy shopping for clothes rather than get depressed.

*Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term...
I want to eat healthier... and work on getting more excercise. I would like to lose 40 pounds or so eventually.

I have decided to try the Slim Fast thing starting today... this may or may not work for me. Also work on drinking tons of water. I am limiting myself to 1 pop per day. Trying to avoid snacking and eating late at night, even if I am hungry.

#59 ·
Count me in as well,
My goal - to lose weight, keep it off Long Term
my apperance- not happy with, really let myself go for far too long
I already eat healthy, just have to not eat so much of it. Down fall, breads and sweets.
I began exercising on Monday 1-27-03 already I can see a bit of a differance. Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is not a problem for me.
Final goal- to be a healthy size 12 I'm 5'8" and have big bones so that should be about right. at this point I'm a 16 can't handle the excess anymore!!

#60 ·
I'd like to join in as well.
How do I feel about my weight, its not good I'm more overweight than I'd like, I do not look or feel good about my self, I also hate to exercise but my dh did buy me a treadmill and I use it daily and cant believe how badly out of shape I am, I'm lucky to go 10 min at a time and I used to years ago walk 4 mi a nite in 1hr.
Eating habits are not good, I can go all day with out eating but will eat all nite..not literaly but will snack at midnite.
MY overall goal is to loose 80lbs but I want to loose it slow enough that it stay's off forever.
But mostly I want to be healthy and look nice, My dd is getting married in Mar and I'm going to be a fat-mother of the bride.:(

#61 ·
Please sign me up! I have lost most of my goal weight, but would like to lose about 10-15 more. I am feeling way better about my appearance, but need to tone and shape A LOT! Potatoes and ice cream are my worst enimies (and sometimes best friends). My schedule is hectic, so grabbing fast unhealthy items happens without much thought. I am 51 years old, so now is the time!

#63 ·
Count me in !!

I have gained 55 lbs sisce I had my daughter 18 mo ago . I know alot of the problem is because I am a sahm and I dont have anything to do but take care of her . I used to be a 145 lbs and I am 5'8 so I was avrage for my hight . now I am 203lbs . I get so depressed about it all the time . I have had 18 mo to loose and havent done anything but gain . I really think it will be much better knowing that I am going to have to share my weight los with others. It will make me want to loose. I am so glad you have this on this sight I needed this . It is a great thing when you have the support of others .

weight loss goal ~ 40 lbs
Jeans size goal ~ 12 ~ currently a size 16

#64 ·
Ok, I am finally going to do this, I have been lurking here for awhile now and I just have to jump in and do it!! I have had to lose weight for years now and figure, I'll get around to it, being busy with children etc....but something happened in my life last year that is slowly making me wake up and realize that I am good to no one unless I take care of myself. I used to love wearing beautiful clothes, feeling good about myself, having lots of energy and so on and lately I don't feel like that. I am 37 now and am also realizing that I am not getting any younger ;) , I want to stop wasting my life and start living it the way I want and should. I want to do more things with my children, I want to never have to 2nd guess anything because of my weight. The two main areas are of course exercise and healthy eating....it is the exercise that I really have to work on!! I have an exercise bike and am slowly getting back to that. Snacking is my biggest problem as far as bad habits go. My goal weight is 140 lbs. and I have a long way to go and I really hope this is going to make me accountable. Thanks for letting me join!:smball:

G
#65 ·
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance?
Mmmm...I'm a walking double chin. That should sum it up. I take care of my outer appearance, but all I see is the weight. I won't feel better until I lose the weight.
How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas? My problem areas are soda, chocolate, and carbs. I've given up soda almost completely and replaced it with water. Chocolate has been harder for me, but I'm taking it day by day. The carbs are almost completely out of my system.
Why you want to make some changes? To be more healthy and to feel better about myself.
Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term?
My long term goal is to lose 100 lbs.

#67 ·
Sign me up too please!! I began my journey to a healthier me yesterday and am looking for someone I can whine too!! LOL

*How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance?
Horrible!! I started gaining weight when I was pregnant with my first dd and have never lost it (she is almost 16!!)

*How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas?
My eating habits are horrible-While I do try to eat healthy, I am going about it in the wrong way IMHO. I don't eat until lunch time, but from then until I go to bed, I snack constantly. When I am "being good" and eat breakfast, I do much better. I also need to add more fruits and veggies to my diet and stay away from bread products!! I am an emotional eater as well.

*Why you want to make some changes?
I want to live longer. I feel horrible. I have no energy and get winded doing one flight of stairs. I do no excercise at all other than general house cleaning. I also feel that my relationship with my family is harmed by the way I perceive myself.

*Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term?
My overall goal is lifelong healthier eating.

#68 ·
Hello all!!! PLEASE sign me up too. I started weight watchers a few weeks back but only followed the plan for 2 weeks and decided that just eating better was enough.I have not weighed myself but have an idea of what I weigh since it hasn't changed since giving birth to DS3 almost 6 yrs ago:( I need to lose at least 60 lbs but more like 75 lbs.EEK :eek: My HS reunion is in October and I wanna be the same size I was at graduation.
- I feel terrible about what i see in the mirror.I don't think I look as huge as I am until I see pictures or my shadow.WHOLLY COW!!!!
-I think I eat all the time,happy ,sad,stressed no matter what the feeling I eat.I am doing better I think now but I know I still have room to improve.
-So that I like me!!
-LONG TERM its the only way to go.No point in short term changes I'll just gain it all back.
Looking forward to the support of all!!!Thanks
Denise

#69 ·
Ok, I've already posted my June goals... I guess I should actually join the club now, huh? :D LOL!

Yuck. I actually weigh less now than before I got pregnant, but I am shocked at how heavy I look in all the baby snapshots we've taken lately. I didn't realize how wide I appear! :eek:

I drink entirely too much Mountain Dew-- 3-5 cans a day, at 170 calories a can!! It's sad, too, because while pregnant I couldn't have it, and managed to cut it out and replace it with water-- but it was easy to slide back into this bad habit! I also snack on high calorie foods-- cheese, chips, etc. If I can get back to eating these occasionally, not daily, I'll be OK.

Vanity, mostly-- I don't like how I look. I also don't want my daughter to grow up learning my bad habits.

To cut down on the pop, period. To lose, and KEEP OFF, 20-25 pounds. To exercise regularly, not just when the mood strikes me.

#70 ·
I would like to join the Live For Life Club. I have really slacked off in the exercise department over the past few years since DH and I got married. It seems so hard to find the time to fit everything into my schedule. We desperately need to cut back on eating out. Seems we fall into cycles with it where we don't eat out for a long time, then we start eating out several times a week.
I currently am at my highest weight ever and I know it is a combination of no/minimal exercise and eating tons of junk/convenience food.
My goals are going to be cutting back on junk food, if not out completely along with exercise at least 3 times per week for 20-30 minutes per workout. Hopefully, in this process, the weight will slowly come off as I exercise more and eat better.

Edited to add***

I really miss all the energy I used to have. Now at the end of the workday, I am just exhausted and the thought of what's for dinner is a headache. That is what causes our eat out cycles, I think. :(

#71 ·
I would like to join the Live For Life Club. I have really slacked off in the exercise department over the past few years since DH and I got married. It seems so hard to find the time to fit everything into my schedule. We desperately need to cut back on eating out. Seems we fall into cycles with it where we don't eat out for a long time, then we start eating out several times a week.
I currently am at my highest weight ever and I know it is a combination of no/minimal exercise and eating tons of junk/convenience food.
My goals are going to be cutting back on junk food, if not out completely along with exercise at least 3 times per week for 20-30 minutes per workout. Hopefully, in this process, the weight will slowly come off as I exercise more and eat better.

#72 ·
Welcome couponchic! You're situation sounds just like the way I was when I moved in with carl. ...we ate out sooo much and suddenly since he was paying for it (i was pretty poor) i was eating haagendaaz daily...not to mention the pancakes and pizza's, taco bell I lived off of..

I gained 30 pounds in about the first month I moved in. I completley stopped my exercise when I moved in with him, as well as started to sleep all the time that I wasn't at work. And work was just standing on my feet all day.

But I reveresed my habits and lost 25 pounds.
Just changing the eating habits and exercising really is all it takes.

You can do it girl! :)

#73 ·
smnoel said:
I'm miserable with how I look....I used to be a size 7 - SEVEN!! Now I'm - well - we'll just say that I'm slightly larger than that now! Thankfully I'm tall and most folks say that I "don't look that big" - what kind of comment is that?! I'm tired of walking towards the door of a store and seeing this big beefie gal walking out only to realize that it's my reflection!

My biggest problem is that I don't eat....my poor body has been in starvation mode since the 70's! Nowadays, a leaf of lettuce adds 10 pounds! I want to get back down to where I started.....7lbs 9ozs! Okay, seriously, I'd like to be back down to at least 150 lbs...I only have an entire person to lose!

Help me!! I'm tired of being a BBW!! :bang:

#74 ·
Ok, time to sign me up!! Here's my answers:

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance? Well, I have lost the 30 lbs that I gained having ds, but my body is shaped different especially around the middle....I don't like that at all...of course it has only been a month so I should feel good that I lost all my baby weight....i weigh 201 but I don't think I look like I weigh that much....I want to get down to about 140-150......about 10 years ago, I suffered through anorexia...I got down to 99 lbs....it was a awful experience to go through....Now I don't want to be pencil thin....I just want to be healthy and feel good...I would like to tone up some problem areas like my stomach and under arms....
How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas? I haven't been doing to good with my eating habits....especially with a newborn...I eat whenever I can grab something...I am getting better about eating meals now that things are calming down....me and dh have decided to not buy the junk food and eat healthier....he works out and is in great shape...but we don't eat as good as we should....we don't want to diet, just make better food choices...and get some excerize..
Why you want to make some changes? To be in better shape, feel better and because I want to be around for my ds for a long time!
Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term? Short term: better eating habits and more excerize Long term: lose 45-50 lbs and tone up, teach my son good "living" habits

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.