Frugal Village Forums banner

*~Live for life program sign up~*

32K views 231 replies 182 participants last post by  Rhiamon 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in the live for life club, please register at http://www.weightlossmoms.com/forums

This club will consist of making positive nutritional changes and fitness changes for an overall healthier lifestyle. Those interested in weightloss, eating healthier, peer support, and being held accountable sign up. :) You don't have to post your weight. ;) BUT you can if you'd like and if it helps you reach your goal.
When you do signup, please post the following:

An intro
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance
How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas
Why you want to make some changes
Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term

I'll start....
I feel horrible about my current weight and eating habits. Many may argue that I just gave birth, but imo that is "no excuse". I am currently bf'ing so am looking for just a healthier approach to my meal planning and to cut out the sweets and increase my exercise. I want to make some changes because I don't feel as good about myself as I have in the past. I'm feeling older and even frumpy. I want to feel an increase in energy too. My overall goal is to fit in a closet full of clothes. My main problem area is grabbing high calorie snacks vs. low cal ones.
Will add more later.

Sara

See less See more
#77 ·
I really need this support program! Since having a baby in Dec- I had lost all my pregnancy weight within weeks- but somehow I managed to pack on about 15 lbs over the last 9 months. Before I got pregnant- I had lost 30 lbs doing Slim Fast and really enjoyed it (in fact I missed it while I was pregnant). For some reason- I can't get back into the swing of it.

Recently, I had ordered a book from Prevention magazine called "Get Thin, Get Young Plan". It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. It emphasizes the food guide pyramid, learning portion control and getting in a daily activity- whether it be something structured like aerobics class, or something informal like just going out and play kickball or jump rope with your kids, gardening- anything that gets you moving. Every week during this 12 week program, there is a different goal for you to focus on- like week 1- get moving and learn portion sizes. Week 2 strength training and filling up on fiber. It breaks the keys to losing weight over a 12 week period so it's not such a shock to the system. And best off all- if I don't lose weight following the suggestions in the book- they garuntee my money back in full. So all I have to lose is weight.

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance.

I can't stand it- my belly sticks out further than my boobs and it disgusts me. My back is hurting me after I do something relatively strenuous- like if I spend a good part of the day cleaning, gardening or even go for a walk.

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas.

I'm a wicked junk food junkie- I'll walk past the fruit bowl on the counter to raid the cookie jar, or heat up a dozen mozzarella sticks or buffalo wings in the freezer. Plus, if DH is gone for the whole week, I tend not to cook just for myself- so I'll hit the drive thru or just snack all day on junk.

My pants are getting too tight and I don't want to buy new ones. My back has been hurting lately and I need to find something to do instead of just sit on my butt infront of the computer all day.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term.

Short term goal: Doing the plan out of this book- I want to lose 2 lbs a week over the next 12 weeks. That would put me at a 24 lb loss for my birthday (Dec 6th).

Long term goal- I want to see 125-130 lbs (I'm only 5'2")- which would be a 45 lb loss in total, and I want to tone up using the weight machine we have in the basement, and by doing more physical activities outside.

#81 ·
I think that it is about time that I join up for this. I hate the weight that I am now. I weigh more than I have ever weighed in my entire life. ( Including when I was pregnant.) I have lost a few pounds here and there, but nothing that stays off for a long time. I have been working out at Curves for Women for about 5 months now. We recently invested in some new cookware that should allow us to cook healthier, and I am trying to eat the right things. (Bread, Soda and chocolate are my weaknesses.) I would like to lose some weight before we go to my dh's Army Formal. I have two and 1/2 months to do it. Wish me lots of luck.

#83 ·
Oh my, I went back and read my "testimonial" and boy do I have work to do. I did so well the beginning of the year. I must say though that I have greatly improved in the exercise department. It's the eating...I did so well and know it can be done, I felt better, was proud of myself and then emotions get in the way and boom, bad eating. Needless to say I'm an emotional eater...pretty bad eh? Eat when I'm happy, eat when I'm sad, :D Focus, focus, that's what I need, I know I can do this and want to change for life not for 6 months or a year, guess I just need to get back on track.

#84 ·
I haven't signed up for this before because I didn't think I could stick to it. However if you'll have me, I'd like to join now. For me it's either get healthy or else!

Here's my answers:
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance. My weight is ok, I would like to drop maybe another 5 - 10 lbs. I am short so every lb. really shows. My main concern is that I am all flab. I need to be tone up much more. (or major liposuction).

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas. I need to drink much more water and to try and eat more veggies and fruits even if my family won't. In the past I have just ate what they ate and not rocked the boat but now I have to eat what I need to be healthy. I need to lay off the greasy foods and junk binges. I need a certain amount of caffeine and chocolate though or I get mean.

Why you want to make some changes. I'm 41 :yikes: and I want to live a long, long time and see my dd grow up and be happy. I want to be one of those people that are full of life and energy at 85. I think if I eat healthier and exercise more I will not have so many health problems and it might even help with the depression.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term. Drink more water, eat fruits and veggies much more, eat healthy snacks, exercise by walking 5 times a week and doing simple exercises at home 5 times a week.

Well here goes......... I am going to do it!!!

#85 ·
My short term goal I'd be happy with losing 20 lbs. I was starting at 220 Jan 1. I am down 4 lbs at 216 right now today (it bounced down and back up and down again).

Long term, well I'll prefer to re evaluate that as I near my first interim goal of 200. I know that my ideal is 160 to 165 which is what I always felt best at. (below that even tho the tables say I should, always felt icky)

My exersise goal is to get stronger and fitter and my method to achieve same is to use my weights Mon, Wed, and Fri and gradually increase the repititions, then later the weights. Aerobics on Tue, Thur, and Saturday, Sundays off.

I plan to keep that up forever. I need that to feel good.

I eat a modified Atkins, never have done well with grains, carbs etc. I like and eat lots of veggies and occaisional fruits. I'm badly allergic to all legumes and mildly allergic to dairy and pork and eggs so I rotate my proteins thru my menu system.

I lose weight best and have fewer allergy symptoms when I'm taking a multivitamin, Calcium, Magnesium, Vit E, Salmon Oil and Evening PRimrose oil supplements.

I've recently started taking MSM with that to reduce inflammation and allergy symptoms.

#86 ·
Welcome Pat and Margrey!!

#87 ·
I have been avoiding this like the plague...but I can't anymore
MY reasons for joining are:
~ My health, ...I need to get my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesteral, down...my joints are killing me fom the excess weight...and I am severely depressed
~My looks....I hate the person I see...I don't recognize myself anymore

I can't do the things I want to do because I am so overweight, and I get tired and out of breath...I shy away from people because I have an awful self-image...I just can't see living this way the rest of my life.....

So I am gonna try....taking baby steps...5 lbs. at a time, going to Curves three days a week...Counting calories and portions have been the only things that have worked for me in the past...so that's my plan....

Iam 5'4" and my current weight is 216
I would like to reach a goal weight of 140
76 lb weight loss is my goal

#88 ·
I'd like to join if I could please :)

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance?

I would have to say that I'm feeling ok about it, I think the hardest thing is accepting the fact that I am getting older and the weight just doesn't disappear like it used to

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas?

I have been trying to improve on this for awhile, but still have along way to go in eating healthier. My problem area is whenever I am baking something for the kids I always have to sample it
;)

Why you want to make some changes?

Because of 40 being just a few years away and I know that the older you get the harder it is to maintain and keep a certain weight so if I learn things now maybe they will stay with me

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term?

To learn self-disipline, to go to the gym at least three times a week and to take the little extra time it takes to prepare good healthy meals

#89 ·
I need to get serious about this!

It didn't used to bother me, but a round of steroids last year for joint problems had me gain over 60 lbs! Now I feel fat, slow, and ugly

I eat way too much junk, fat, sugar and salt. Problem areas are eating when stressed and bored.

Diabetes runs in my family--- and I don't want to deal with all the complications of that. I want to hurt less, control my BP (I've already had one stroke) and be able to enjoy my grandchildren when I get some.

Short term-- I want to lose the 60 lbs I gained initially with the steroid use, plus a few more that I already had extra. - so I need to lose at least 80 lbs.

Long term-- I want healthy eating habits, lower my BP so I don't need meds to control it.

#90 ·
Can I join :wave2:

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance:

I know I am not overweight but I would mind loosing a few pounds here and there (or at least a few inches)

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas:

I need to drink more water and less sodas (I have gone from the 20oz bottles to the 12oz bottles and can's though so at least that is a start. As far as sweets I don't eat a lot (except peeps and cadbury cream eggs at Easter) but I do snack but when I do it is mostly some cheese crackers or plain popcorn)

Why you want to make some changes:

Just to feel better about myself as a whole.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term:

I plan on sticking with it as long as it takes.

;)

#91 ·
I'd like to join, too ...

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance:

Don't like it! My bra size keeps growing. I wouldn't mind that if there was a lot of difference between my chest size and my waist and hips, but there isn't. Anytime my second chin goes from - hint of a shadow to full-fledged member of the family, I know it's time to lose weight. I don't want pictures taken of me! I don't even want to step on a scale. I want to lose some weight before I dare because I don't want to know how much I've gained.

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas:

I eat pretty well (and it shows - lol!). Seriously, I could snack less and eat smaller portions but my biggest problem is exercise. I'm asthmatic and exercise triggers an attack. I have to be very careful about exercising but that's not an excuse for not doing any of it.

Why you want to make some changes:

Health mostly. I want to get off of Lipitor (frugal reason - I don't want to pay for the prescription). I also don't want to become diabetic. I have a family history of heart disease and diabetes so I need to pay attention to my weight now.

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term:

Fit into a size 10 again. That's not unreasonable. When I'm at my ideal weight for my height I'm a size 6-8 which, at my age (46), I think is too thin. I'd also like to stay at a nice healthy weight for a very long time.

#92 ·
I think I might have asked to join on the wrong thread. Anyway I am interested in joining this group.

I am 52 years young today:toothy: and weigh 185-190 lbs. I am

type II diabetic. I have managed up to now to lose 40 lbs. I need

to lose 50 more pounds. I have hit a "plateau" and am having

trouble at this point. I need more exercise and to stick to my food

plan. I also need the encouragement of others. This LFL group is

something I have been looking for. I have set goals of more

exercise and adherence to my food plan. I am looking forward to

getting to know you all. CountryRose-Rosemary

#94 ·
I'm in.  I really would like to lose a few pounds...and quit smoking (again).

Susie in MN

Current wt. - 165

Height: - 5'2"

#95 ·
Sign me up!!!!!!!!

I definitely need to be here. I need to lose about 75-80 lbs. I am a major carb addict and have recently been told, after a 5 hour blood glucose fasting test, that I am headed toward diabetes. I also have fibromyalgia and IBS. So I know, if I could gain control over these eating habit, and lose this excess weight, I'd feel and look soooo much better......

#96 ·
Welcome Susie and Ellen!!

#97 ·
I'm in !!!!!

This is what I need girls!!!!

Someone to lean on when times get tough and I want to indulge in a huge Dr. Pepper from Sonic  ;)

For the most part I am very happy with the way that I am ;)

Howevery I do need to loose qite a bit of weight !!!!

I would love to loose about 40 lbs.

I have tried everything you can think of . Everytime I get a friend to commit to walking they never show up! :bang:

I would love to hang out with a great groop of girls like yall!!

and I guess I could use some nutrition advise also.

Count me in!!!!! 

#98 ·
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance.

I'm fine with my current weight and appearance.

My eating habits are pretty good. I eat alot of veggies, fruits, soy products. But I also eat alot of sweets and always have. I would like to cut down on that and drinking soda.

Why you want to make some changes.
I want to be more aware of what I'm putting into my body!

My overall goal for the next month is to cut down on the soda drinking, take care of my body better through yoga and other workouts, and pay attention to what my body is telling me. As you can tell.. I'm up pretty late... I need to change that too! Heh. That's the long term hard one for me.

#99 ·
My goal is to walk about 30 min. everyday.
"ditto" on the soda that is ny biggest downfall. If I could just quit drinking my rout44 sonnic soda :pepsi: I will be o.k.

#100 ·
I can't believe I never officially signed up for this....
*I'm ok with my weight, but would like to lose inches in my thighs--then I'd be thrilled with my appearance!!

*My eating habits are good for the most part. I do have a major sweet tooth, but I'm working on that!

*To feel better about myself, to get into a bathing suit again without feeling self conscious about my lower body.

*To continue to drink lots of water each day, stick to an exercise program and enjoy it!

#101 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new and I'd like to join this challenge!

I weigh 211 lbs!! I'm 5'6" and have never had a child. I have totally let myself go over the past few years. I feel like no matter what I wear, I just look fat.

I just like food. I have no moderation. I eat when I'm not hungry just because I like to eat. I feel out of control.

I want to be healthier. I want to play organized team volleyball again! I want to look good and be in control of my life. I want my husband to be proud of me.

My overall goal is to weigh 140 lbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.