Frugal Village Forums banner

*~Live for life program sign up~*

32K views 231 replies 182 participants last post by  Rhiamon 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in the live for life club, please register at http://www.weightlossmoms.com/forums

This club will consist of making positive nutritional changes and fitness changes for an overall healthier lifestyle. Those interested in weightloss, eating healthier, peer support, and being held accountable sign up. :) You don't have to post your weight. ;) BUT you can if you'd like and if it helps you reach your goal.
When you do signup, please post the following:

An intro
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance
How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas
Why you want to make some changes
Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term

I'll start....
I feel horrible about my current weight and eating habits. Many may argue that I just gave birth, but imo that is "no excuse". I am currently bf'ing so am looking for just a healthier approach to my meal planning and to cut out the sweets and increase my exercise. I want to make some changes because I don't feel as good about myself as I have in the past. I'm feeling older and even frumpy. I want to feel an increase in energy too. My overall goal is to fit in a closet full of clothes. My main problem area is grabbing high calorie snacks vs. low cal ones.
Will add more later.

Sara

See less See more
#102 ·
Sign me up please.:D

1. How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance

It's gotten way out of control and I don't see myself in the mirror anymore.

2.How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas

I have been ignoring it all for so long. Need to think about me.

3. Why you want to make some changes

I want to feel better and be more active.

4. Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term

My goal is to lose around 53 lbs. and maintain that. I want to feel better and look better.

#103 ·
Sign me up to shed 25 lbs. while watching my health, and nutrition! Sometimes, I think this is so hopeless as I have two teens to feed, also. It seems such a waste to not cook for all of us at once, and I've given up trying to convince them to switch to more healthy "diet" food. They have no problems with being overweight so, Mom's gotta do this for herself! :toothy:
I could sure use everybody elses's support and I'll be more than happy to reciprocate with mine!:bang:

#105 ·
Hi! I've decided to make the decision to join. what I really need is to have people behind me to support me. I haven't lived in my current area for very long and don't know anyone so I think I need online friends for support if that's ok.

So...

How do I feel about my appearance?

I saw myself in a shop mirror a couple of days ago and was horrifed at what I saw (as I thought I was wearing on eof my most flattering outfits!) So I feel shocked at how I've "let myself go"

My problem area as far as food goes is that I use my DH as my excuse. Before I met him I ate very sensibly but now I feel as though I have to "reward" him when he gets home from work with a hearty meal. I know that what I cook is bad for him too, but it's just the leap from what I know in my brain to actually following it through with the actions.

I want to make the changes because I have a wardrobe full of clothes that nearly fit and so to not shape up to even fit into them is insane.

I also want to be more active as I have fallen into a routine of large periods of inactivity. I used to have a fairly physical job - lots of walking etc and when I gave that up there didn't seem to be enough time to make up that amount of exercise so it has lessened to practically none.

My goals are therefore to integrate exercise into my routine so that I don't necessarily have to have "exercise" time but I am active throughout the day. Also to stop using my husband as an excuse for not making sensibe meals.

Wow! well that's it for now!

#106 ·
Welcome! I'm glad you joined, I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.

Feel free to start an exercise journal here if you want. I started one earlier in the week and I find it holds me accountable since I post it here.

What kind of exercise are you going to do?

Let me know if you have any questions!

Good Luck!

#107 ·
I am in!!

I want ot get more determined and actually put an effort into losing weight and basically improving my life.

We have been eating better, getting out and doing more.

I jsut need to keep it up, I have the tendency of using things as excuses. Like the kids need a day to relax, or I have too much stuff to do. Blah blah blah.

Christine

#109 ·
May I sign up too?

I'm not happy with how I look, my clothes look awful no matter how well they fit.

I have terrible eating habits, if I'm home alone a lot of the time I'll open a can of greenbeans and eat that for lunch.

I want to be sexier for Dh and feel good about myself again.

I need to lode 45 lbs but want to lose 50.

#112 ·
Can I join in? I really need this!

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance I feel awful. I feel fat, and ugly, and like I am a big fat slob
I eat way too much. I am constantly snacking, and it auint lowfat snacks!
Because I'm tired of looking like this. I'm tired of seeing skinny girls and feeling like such an idiot. :(

My total goal is to lose 20 lbs.

#114 ·
Can you add 1 more?
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance-
Wasn't this heavy 9 months pregnant! Hate it!!
My eating habits are the worse-I'm into immediate gratification!
I have 2 small kids I'd like to see grow up-I was almost 40 when my DS was born. So I NEED to get my act together-soon!
over 50 lbs! Whew, that was hard to type!

#116 ·
JUSTAMOM said:
Can you add 1 more?
How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance-
Wasn't this heavy 9 months pregnant! Hate it!!
My eating habits are the worse-I'm into immediate gratification!
I have 2 small kids I'd like to see grow up-I was almost 40 when my DS was born. So I NEED to get my act together-soon!
over 50 lbs! Whew, that was hard to type!
You're all set Justamom...welcome to the club! :)

#120 ·
Hi everyone, I'd love to sign up for this program if it's not too late. I could really use the accountability!

How you feel about your current weight and/or appearance?
I am very unhappy with the way I currently look. Anytime I come across old pictures of me, I can hardly believe I used to be that thin and look that good. I want the old me back!

How you feel about your eating habits and problem areas?
My eating habits used to be great but the past year or so they've really gone down hill. I've been eating way to much of processed low fiber foods lately.

Why you want to make some changes?
For so many reasons but mainly to ensure that I don't end up dropping dead of a heart attack or developing diabetes someday and also to get my self confidence back!

Your overall goal whether it's short term or long term?
When I weighed myself this morning I was 194.5:eek:.
My goal weight is 125. (The weight I used to be just a few years ago).
I am currently in a size 16.
My goal size is a size 6 (The size I used to be just a few years ago).

#121 ·
  I feel absolutely terrible.  I'm a nurse who's supposed to promote good health instead here I am at 22 and more sluggish and unhealthy than some people twice my age!

I am so ashamed of my eating habits.  These habits stem back to early childhood when I used to sneak food at my grandmother's house.  I eat what I want when I want, and it has to stop.

I want to look great for my wedding next year, I want to be in good health before I have children, it's easier to find smaller clothes at the thrift stores than really big clothes, I want to feel pretty again, and I need to become healthier.

My total goal is to lose 145 pounds, long term.  My short term goal is to lose at least 80 or 90 pounds by October 15, 2005 the date of my wedding.

#124 ·
I hope it's not too late to join this club. If it isn't, well, I better explain that I feel totally disgusted with the weight I have gradually put on over the past few years...
I have over 60 lbs to lose, just to take me to a point where I am a semi-healthy weight again.
My weakness is cookies and chocolate for sure.
I know I have to do something though because my knees are becoming sore by the end of each day, and my energy levels are terrible.
I resolve to walk at least 30 minutes four times week, and to make sure that I cut out the cookies and chocolate- opting instead for fruit and nuts..
Anything is better than seeing myself as I did in a recent picture, and wondering how in the world I have allowed myself to get this way.

My goal is to lose 35 pounds by the time we move back to the US in January or Febuary, and to lose the other 30 in time for my 40th birthday in September 2005. I cannot think of a better present to myself and my family.

Count me in....

#125 ·
I hope it's not too late to join this club. If it isn't, well, I better explain that I feel totally disgusted with the weight I have gradually put on over the past few years...
I have over 60 lbs to lose, just to take me to a point where I am a semi-healthy weight again.
My weakness is cookies and chocolate for sure.
I know I have to do something though because my knees are becoming sore by the end of each day, and my energy levels are terrible.
I resolve to walk at least 30 minutes four times week, and to make sure that I cut out the cookies and chocolate- opting instead for fruit and nuts..
Anything is better than seeing myself as I did in a recent picture, and wondering how in the world I have allowed myself to get this way.

My goal is to lose 35 pounds by the time we move back to the US in January or Febuary, and to lose the other 30 in time for my 40th birthday in September 2005. I cannot think of a better present to myself and my family.

Count me in....

#126 ·
Well, I'm joining too. I had done atkins earlier this year and lost 20 lbs and felt great!! But I slipped back into some of my old habits and quit losing. I think what really helped me was cutting the regular sodas out. I started drinking diet and discovered they aren't that bad. They actually taste good. But I don't drink as many diet as I did regular. That is just a tip for some of you!! Also when doing atkins, after about the 3rd day I stopped craving sweets!! I really had to make myself eat sometimes, because I just wasn't hungry. So I started back on atkins (low carb) today!

How I feel currently about my weight and appearance?
I feel ok until I see pictures. I just don't like what I see compared to how I use to look.

Eating habits?
I crave sweets....cookies, ice cream, chocolate etc. That's why I'm doing atkins, because I know from experience that I will stop craving sweets after a few days.

Why I want to make changes?
Because I don't want to keep putting on weight and 10 years from now be huge. It sneaks up on you. I want to feel young and healthy for a long time.

My goal is?

Lose 25 pounds. Feel good about my appearance!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.