Does anybody 'juice'?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Does anybody 'juice'?

So my husband came home about 3 weeks ago mentioning his karate teacher is on a 'juice fast'. Piqued my interest, did a lot of reading online about, bought my first juicer. So for a little over 2 weeks I have had 2-3 'juices' mainly veggies with an apple or sometimes mostly fruit. I was very interested in improving my nutrition and losing weight, but didn't feel a full 'fast' would be right for me- yet. So I did very well- lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and 1 day, ate decent dinners, even ate out once (where I ate WAY too much, I must confess). Very pleased! Don't ask me why simply eating less and healthier seems to be such a striggle for me, but throw it in a juicer and I'm good to go.

I'm going whole hog this upcoming week- nothing but juice. Though not a 'true' juice fast as I will still drink my 2 cups of coffee a day (down from 3-4!) and I still smoke. I figure one habit at a time! Looking to take off some more weight and just see how I feel. I plan to 'fast' starting Sunday through Friday night (we have big plans to order pizza next Sat., need to eat a healthy small meal to prepare for my pizza Sat). I plan on juicing 4-5 times a day, more if I need it. Looking to still stay primarily veggie based.

So far this juicing feels like something I see and feel almost immediate results from. I have lost 42 punds over about 1.5 years, have another 57 or so to go, but 10 of that was recently after months and months of yo-yoing through the same 5-8 lbs. I think this will help get me there! I have never been a runner, but hoping to work on jogging in another 25 lbs or so.

Just curious if anyone here is also a 'juicer', either a long time pro or a 'newbie' like me. Anyone interested should check out the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $142599.43Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$2216.71

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I started seriously juicing about six weeks ago, and I love it. I have since graduated to green smoothies, in addition to juice. I have an Omega juicer, and it is FANTASTIC!! That thing would squeeze the juice out of rock!

I have green juice in the morning, typically, and green smoothies in the afternoon. I started a raw vegan 30-day challenge at the beginning of May, and since then, I've been having juice in the AM, a green smoothie, and one main meal a day. I have been very happy with that arrangement, and my body has definitely experienced the benefits of having mega-doses of natural nutrients saturating all my cells!!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm now in day 3 of a 5.5 day fast (all day Sunday through dinner Friday). So far doing well, I am surprised how well I am doing with it and how much I am enjoying (usually- once in a while I make a -blech- concotion accidentally). Thinking of delving into wheat grass eventually!

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $142599.43Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$2216.71

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do juicing about 4-5 times a year. I like the way you can cleanse yourself. I need to get back started on juicing. I think it is easier to juice during the warm weather since there are so many fruits and veggies. I like to add a little bit of
    ginger in my green juices.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted to lose some weight but have been struggling. I am in my 70's and have chronic arthritis so even when I went on a diet, because I cant excersise I didnt lose weight, also my biggest failing was I just love a desert after my evening meal, well, a few weeks ago I purchased a Juicer, now everyday just before dinner i make a good juice up, usually a mix of apple or pear or orange, celery, carrot and ginger and that is now my desert, I absolutly love it and in the last 6 weeks I have lost just over 12 1/2 lbs, I am thrilled.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go Patricia! I did well during my 5 day fast, not smidge of cheating- but it took me a good week to get my eating back in order afterwards. I hd no trouble re-acclimating stomach-wise, but I felt very out of control, like I ate everything in sight, and I put back on 2.8 lbs that week . I have since gotten back on track with 2 'good' juicings a day and a sensible dinner, and over about 6 weeks time have lost 16.2 lbs, including my 5 day fast and the fall out afterwards. I am REALLY pleased, have lost a dress size and broken through a significant 3 on the scale...so onward I continue! On my way downward, feeling AND seeing the difference, and really glad I gave juicing a try!

2014-$2216.71

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I own an omega juicer and I have juiced on and off for the past couple of years. I have even thought of investing in a Norwalk.
    Anyone own one?
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hubby & I watched Sick, Fat & Nearly Dead.

Bought a juicer the next day.

He's soooo much better at it than I am. I only prefer the green machine types and fruits. He can juice/drink almost anything!

We should have a juice challenge together!
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am now an avid juicer. My 80+ year old mother, who always seems to have a problem with her prescription meds causing her constipation, after talking to her doctor, just bought a Vitamix blender, with the intent to make green smoothies!!! Her doctor told her the best thing my mother could do to keep her bowels regular was to drink juice and recommended my mother get a juicer. My sister and I had already both purchased blenders, after I got my sister hooked on fresh fruit/veggie smoothies, and my mother kind of scoffed at us for getting so hooked on the stuff. Well, karma struck back, and I suspect she'll be just as addicted as we are, in just a few weeks.

(Oh, and I also juice EVERYTHING. <g>)
    DH aka Mad Hen

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH just bought one after watching the movie. We'll see how it goes. A friend of mine said she did it after her pregnancy and really enjoyed it.
    Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want to. Unfortunately, a juicer isn't a priority at the moment. Maybe Christmas?
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We juice , my favorit veggie is sweet potato. I can not believe how much juice a sweet potato can produce. It's has a plesant flavor and adds some substance to the juice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have never even thought about juicing sweet potatoes! I'll have to give it a try.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I used to many years ago, and got away from it. You all have encouraged me to get another juicer and get going again!
    Stacey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

khaski, I'm not a big fan of wheatgrass. I do love putting fresh spring mix salad or hearts of romaine in, though.

sinopa, I'm with you on the ginger. I notice it if I forget to put it in, but it is also one of those things that I don't want to accidentally overdo - I also notice that!!

larabelle, I have an Omega and love it. Looked at the Norwalks, but didn't want to have to get a second on my home just to enjoy my juice.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast