4 day wonder diet
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 4 day wonder diet

I have found that I have tremendous will power I never knew I had. I am going to try a diet called the 4 day wonder diet.

Heres what is says:

Day one: Breakfast- always the same, all four days
    1/2 grapefruit, black coffee or plain tea

Lunch: Broiled steak
    Lettuce, and tomato salad, no dressing
    1 apple
    Dinner: 2 Hard Boiled eggs, green beans 1/2 graperuit

Day Two: Breakfast: same
    Lunch: 1 lamb chop (yuck)
    lettuce, no dressing
    6 ounces tomato juice

Day Three: Breakfast: same
    Lunch: Broiled chicken
    lettuce and celery salad, no dressing
    1 apple
    Dinner: Hamburger Patty
    Stewed Tomatoes
    6 ounces prune juice ( will power needed )
    Day four: Breakfast: same
    Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, green beans, 6 ounces tomato juice
    Dinner: Broiled steak, lettuce and tomatoes, no dressing 6 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice.

It says not to substitute unless you are allergic, then substitute a like item, I hate Lamb, so I will do chicken instead. There are no snacks, no creamers, no bread, no in between meals, nothing else other than salt, pepper and lemon for salads and water. Limit of two 12 ounce diet sodas per day and lots of water. *****Where there is no limit given, you may eat as much as you need to be satisfied, but don't overdo, it says not to eat until you are full.

I'm gonna try this it promises a ten pound weight loss in four days, I need another jump start. I will let you all know how it goes, I wont start until Wednesday, need to go shopping. I sure hope it works if I have to drink prune juice!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't like doing these diets because it always seems to me that I just put the weight back on and then some and have to fight at working to take it off again.

I also can't have grapefruit because of b/p pills.

Good luck!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wonder what the 10 pound weight loss is from? I doubt that it is fat loss. Maybe water weight?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those diets sound fishy to me...

How are you doing with it Robin?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is day two, and 550 calories is not enough, I am going to increase it with a piece of chicken.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Homestead Mama, why can't you have grapefruit with bp meds? Just curious, I had never heard that.

I think diets like this are a bit far fetched, BUT if it helps you jump start your weight loss then it can't be all bad. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grapefruit interacts with a large number of pills... it changes their effectiveness I believe. To be safe, people shouldn't take any pills with grapefruit juice!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This diet really worries me ~ how are you feeling? By my estimations (using fitday.com) you are only eating about 600 calories per day. That is less than half of what a body needs to keep out of starvation mode. I would be really worried about losing muscle or bone mass.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Too hard, I had to add some more chicken, I have lost 5 pounds in the past week however. Atkins really did work for me, but I just got very tired of eating eggs, meat and cheese. I modified the wonder diet and now I am down to about 1000 calories while keeping below 50 grams of starchy foods. I have aded some fruit and tomato juice to the Atkins. I am feeling pretty good, but I have made one big change. I dont eat anything after 6pm, just water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 4-Day Wonder Diet

I have been using this diet to jump start weight loss for 20 years. It works if you stick to it. It's hard, but, it's only 4 days. It clearly states in the book (yes, there is an actual book) that this is NOT a way of life diet; although it does give you maintenance foods once you're done. I have found the weight loss is through bowel movements, and water weight. it's a "clean" diet. Veggies and broiled meats. It never hurt me to add a little more chicken or salad or veggies and I've always lost anywhere from 5-7 lbs. You lose your taste for sugars as well. I love grapefruit and it does cut down the hunger pangs and the lunches and dinners, however meager, are like feasts when you are hungry!! Try it, but be careful. If you hit ketosis quickly like I do, then you may get light-headed. When that happens, I will "cheat" and have a couple of saltines and/or a piece of wheat bread. The book is a great read...really. My book is in shreads after all these years, but if you can find a copy, get it. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

homesteadmamma -- there are alot of diets that don't work for me because one of the main items in them is grapefruit, and like you I can't eat it because of meds, which sucks in away, cause I really like grapefruit.

It sounds alot like the Prism, or the HCG diet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can see why it's called a 'wonder' diet, because it made me wonder why anyone would do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As a low carber to control blood sugar just let me say Atkins is not just eggs, meat and cheese. In fact it stresses low carb veggies. Since you deduct all fiber I sometimes have eaten up to 6 cups of veggies in a day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just did rough calorie calculations in my head, and it would be impossible to be accurate since we don't have portion sizes of the meat and some other things. But it seems like this could lose you an actual pound to pound and a half of fat and/or muscle. The rest will be water weight loss. But often seeing a big loss on the scale, even if it's mostly water, is enough incentive to keep going with the weightloss.