Frugal Village Forums banner

favorite shampoo and conditioner

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  bamamomto4 
#1 ·
Just wondering what you use for shampoo and conditioner. If you looked in my shower right now you would see the complete haircare isle from Target!! :D Malcom swears I have more products than anyone else!!

I have a couple of favorites but I usually go for Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner or I will get the Bumble and Bumble. I really like the BB the best!!!

I also use Bumble and Bumble products to straighten my hair but if I'm wearing it curly then I will use Loreal products.

Do you see what I mean when Malcom claims I have a lot of products.....and what I mentioned is just a small bit of it....isn't that a bad habit (buying hair care stuff) that I need to break!!

#2 ·
I'm another hair care stuff buyer! :blush: and I don't even have much hair right now! :laugh:

I like the Loreal products the best. :)

#4 ·
I don't have a fave. I have to constantly change what I use, otherwise my hair gets used to it and starts getting dull and lifeless.

#7 ·
I switch shampoo and conditioner all the time, using 2 different ones alternately. Right now I can tolerate them that way it prevents me from building up a bad reaction to them.

For a few years I couldn't even do that, I had to use bar soaps and a diluted vinegar rinse to cope. (I get itchy watery blisters all over my scalp otherwise)

#9 ·
I have always fought dandriff so I use Head and Shoulders intensive treatment shampoo. It doesn't smell as bad as the original H&S and it works great. I don't ususally condition for the same reason as CJ.

DD and DH use whatever is on sale or at the scratch and dent store.

#10 ·
Dh's sister is a hair shop owner and she gives us a big jug of the shampoo that they get at the store and it lasts us a good part of the year. I buy pretty much anything that is on sale, Alberto VO5, Herbal Essence, Pantene.......

My cousin is the same way Daphne.....it's almost like she's afraid to finish a bottle though because once it gets almost empty she buys a new one and starts using it!:D

#11 ·
My FAVORITE is Pantene. However, even on sale, I find it too pricey for me. I am often able to get Suave shampoo and Suave conditioner for free or almost free, so that is what we use most often along with White Rain or Daily Defense, two more cheapies. For Christmas I always ask my parents for Pantene and I use it when I want to pamper myself. I'm saving the Pantene I got in my stocking this year for after I've had the baby and want super shiny, healthy looking hair!

#12 ·
I can only get b & b from my hair dresser but I was going to try to find it cheaper online. It does cost a pretty penny but it is one of the few hair products that help with my hair. I have natural curly hair and I wear it straight a lot so it helps with frizzness, etc. A little bit goes a long way with b and b products so I feel that I'm getting my money's worth since it lasts so long and really does wonders on my hair.

#16 ·
I usually buy whats on sale or what I can get for free or close to it.
I have about 15 bottles of the Dove shampoo and conditioner :)
I also have suave,white rain (which dh uses) and some loreal.
Ashley uses mostly whatever I put in her bathroom lol and the little one still use Johnson and Johnson or the Loreal for kids (bought onsale w/double coupons :D )

I'm stocking up with the 30¢ coupons out now for white rain (shampoo and hairspray) .Bought some at Freds Sat for 88¢ - 60¢ double coupon for a total of 28¢ :D :D :D

*I should post some stock pile pics :) *

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.