Frugal Village Forums banner

Has anyone tried South Beach Diet?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  gkp1031 
#1 ·
I'm starting this one today. Should be a bit tough for the first couple of weeks, but then it will get easier. :)

#2 ·
Good Luck Michelle, you'll do great!! I haven't tried it, but a few friends have and they've lost weight on it and are continuing to do well. They all said the first 2 weeks are difficult, but it got easier as time went on.

Keep us posted on your success.

#3 ·
Thanks for the input ladies :)

I didn't do so well yesterday--the morning was great, but I had a big ol' chocolate cake w/chocolate frosting in my fridge (bday cake) that I couldn't resist.

I'm back on today :)

The hardest things for me will be substituting for my milk allergy and getting used to eating non-sweet/carb items in the mornings. I just can't get used to eating eggs in the morning....

#4 ·
Wishing you good luck Michelle!

#6 ·
I read about this in the dentist's office this morning. I'll be interested to follow your progress and hear any comments you might have about the diet.

#7 ·
This is day 7 of the diet--I haven't cheated once :) and am still sugar-free.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I weigh-in (officially) for the first time :)

My personal triumph this week was resisting the chocolate cake/chocolate frosting bday cake that my SIL made for me on Thursday. It wasn't easy--they were all trying to get me to have "just one piece", but I didn't budge. I'm glad I resisited. :)

#8 ·
:yippee: Good for you Michelle!:fdance:

#9 ·
You are doing GREAT Chelle! :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.