Frugal Village Forums banner

Who else has had their gallbladder out?

4K views 54 replies 33 participants last post by  Patty A 
#1 ·
Just curious...

Most of you know I had mine removed last February after a long battle.  Many of the problems in my pregnancy were related to my gallbladder, and then I spent some time in the ER last year at this time when the darn thing started acting up again.  When pregnant, my side hurt constantly (sharp pain that took my breath away at times), and I couldn't keep anything but broth and crackers down most of the time-- supposedly this was gallbladder related.  Last year, I had incredible pain right in the center of my ribcage that sent me to the ER, where the pain was eventually traced back  to my gallbladder.  That's when the docs decided it had to come out, and by then I was definitely ready.

I haven't had any problems since it was removed.  In fact, I felt so much better after it was gone that I wished I'd done it sooner.  It was completely dead, labeled as "non functioning" on my medical chart, so my theory is that my body doesn't really miss it at all. :)

What's your story?

#55 ·
Shadowfax,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Many people don't understand how serious these things can be. My heart felt sympathy to you over the loss of your husband.

I had mine out a few years ago and my stones was lodged so badly that the fluids was backing up in to my liver. My liver was so swollen from this that it was about to explode from the pressure. Talk about painful. This really is something that you shouldn't put off having done.
The complications can be extreme!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.