Has anyone lost weight by just cutting back?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Has anyone lost weight by just cutting back?

I did a low carb diet for a long time. I lost alot (a tad over 80lbs) and kept it of for a few years . I then got really sloppy and regained a bit.

I just can't seem to get myself to go back to a strict low carb diet. For one I like a wider variety and two the expense.

As a young adult I ate what ever I wanted and and was always thin. I just naturally got full . I generally at a bowl of cereal, oatmeal, piece of toast or nothing for breakfast. None or a small lunch and a big dinner. Once I had kids we went to 3 squares a day. I gained alot.

I'm curious if anyone has lost eatting what they want in modest portions and not necessarily super healthy. Just normal stuff including some processed foods like pasta etc. Even eatting 1 small treat daily?

I weighed myself today. I'm 160 and would like to be back at 140. I tallied my calories for today. It will be 1600. I figure I'll give it a week or so. As long as I don't gain the experiment is ok

So have ou lost by just eatting less and not changing your diet???

If you have any advice or info I'd be grateful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

bumping for advice!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes! we got in to the bad habit of having a packet of crisps each night ( Potato chips ) and a biscuit with each cup of Tea

Just cutting out the Crisps, well in fact just having them at the weekend say once or twice and cutting out 2 biscuits a day I lost 3 or 4lbs with out doing ANYTHING else ~ That was over about a two month period.

I don't diet, I think that makes people focus on food too much and it becomes an obsession

I think it is better to eat a selection of all the food groups and eat what you feel like, but in SMALL portions.

NEVER eat when doing something else, eating is like spending money, if you are not concentrating you will not realise what you are doing until it's too late

A minute on the lips for ever on the hips as they say

Karen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for Sharing English Lady! I'm starting to thing even thinking about the word diet might be negative!
    Great idea about not eatting while your doing other things!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year and in the main it's been due to just cutting down and not changing what we eat to much. I don't count calories or anything like that either, just make sure that most of the time we eat fresh veg and stuff which still leaves space for less healthy stuff. I tried giving up my daily latte and that's never going to happen.

The main difference is that if we are having rice or pasta I weigh out a portion rather than just sticking it in the pan as we were eating far too much. Oh yes, and the old chestnut, I started eating breakfast everyday! I just have a couple of slices of toast or some scones if DH has made them and then I'm fine.

We set up a couple of house rules too - such as not having onion rings at home - I love them but now they're reserved for when we go out. Also not drinking alcohol or soda on consecutive days - this has worked really well as then we don't eat all the extras that go with these drinks.

as far as treats go, I've started to see things that we have with our main meal as being the treat. E.g if I do corncobs that's a treat as it is when DH makes some naan bread for with our curry. It works well for us, saves money too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Brittbunny~ Congratulations on your loss and thank you so much for sharing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am trying something similar. Changing what I eat, eating less of it, and making this a way of life vs. a diet

rodmick, make sure you are getting enough calories ; otherwise your body will go into starvation mode, and you won't lose.

You can do it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've always been guilty of not eating enough. I lost my weight through changing how I eat. Eating what my body truly needs.

I did cut out some things that just were poor choices, but I never considered it a "diet". Just an overall change and making sure I fueled my body.

I remember looking at the calorie intake and thinking there's no way I can eat all of that. How sad is that? I can and did. I needed to and was eating more and losing eight. It was just how I ate and what I ate and when.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Michelle~ I had to laugh about getting enough calories. I have a pretty good appetite. But you know it could happen!!! I need to learn to follow my body I think.

Saranoel~ I have a friend who lost very good increasing from one meal a day . Now how cool is that???!!!

<DIV>I was reading a book about the subconcious called " Think Yourself Thin". It was about positive afermations obviously but also how if you think " I shouldn't have that chocolate cake" how you can only think of chocolate cake!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The book said we should tell our subconscious we are healthy thin and nothing is forbidden.
    Instead of looking in the mirror and thinking " I am so fat" to look and think " I am getting thinner and stronger every day with out dieting" Basically the premis is if you worry about fat you will be fat from the constant negative images you send your subconscious. Also as you think positive images your body will help guide you top what it needs.
    It is quite interesting. I'm going to give some of the exercises a try!
    Do any of you remember the exact moment you became conscious of your weight? I remember very clearly! I never gave it a thought until I was about 20. I was working in the shop one day and a coworker said I would look so good if I lost like 15 lbs. At the time I was 5 ft 4 and a size 3/5 ( old 3/5 not todays vanity sizing). Now obviously she had a problem!!!!!! However that is my first memory of thinking my body might be flawed and I actually worried about what I put in my mouth and the first time I remember the word diet.
    Now if this book on subconcious is right what might be different if negative thoughts had never started to enter my mind about my body and food? Interesting thought!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

double post