Frugal Village Forums banner

Can I just tell you all how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE my doctor????? (Sorry, got too long

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  JustJoy 
#1 ·
I started seeing my new doctor last December- saw her for a physical then, and I think I have seen her twice since then (follow-ups for my panic attacks.)

My last doctor before her was recommended to me by a friend/co-worker. The MD turned out to be horrible. Even though Lea and I have similar problems (anxiety) the doc always treated me like I was certifiable. She would look at me like she didn't believe me. (Yeah, I'm making it up because I really ENJOY the side effects of the anti-anxiety medication that I don't even want to take anyway.) This despite the fact that there is an undeniable family history of anxiety and depression (in my Mom's generation, 8 of 9 siblings have problems, and the other may have but passed away before the first sibling was diagnosed; my GM had shock therapy back in the day, her mother was as nutty as they come, etc, etc, and this doesn't even touch my father's side of the family, where there are also problems....)

Anyway, I finally decided I wasn't going to see her anymore. One, she was too far away now that I don't work days, and two (and more importantly) I KNEW there was a doctor that would work with me to help me deal the best way with the least amount of medication.

I found her!!! I called my MD's office this AM to get a refill of my med or possibly change it before we go to Florida in a couple weeks, but I didn't want to go in for an office visit, because lately that is one of my panic inducers. I thought for sure she would still want to see me, but I did mention to the nurse that the MD wanted me to make 1:00 PM appointments so I don't have time to wait and get anxious (and sick in their office.)

The doctor called me about 10 minutes ago telling me that not only do I not need to come in, but that she will give me a new med, wants me to call in a few weeks to let her know how it is going, and doesn't want to see me (unless *I* feel the need) until my yearly physical in December. She did admit that the schedule is tight right now because the other MD in the office was just called up to go to Iraq, but still, this is just what I wanted.

So if you are still reading, I just have to say again, I LOVE my new doctor.

I think I am going to bake something to take into her/the nurse/the office staff when I go pick up my scripts tomorrow.

Dr. Gomez rocks!!!!! :cheergrl:

See less See more
#2 ·
Woohoo! Big hug for Dr. Gomez!!! :hug2: Love a doc who gets it & is willing to work with you. Happy for you!!!!:yippee:

#6 ·
I am really glad you found a good doctor. I also have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety and take daily medication for it. Finding a good doctor that understands is really important.

#8 ·
It's so hard to find a good doctor that you are compatible with. Then when you toss some anxiety and/or depression into the mix it makes it that much harder. Good for you to find a good one that you feel comfortable with. I used to get panic/anxiety attacks and I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to go. I still deal with them from time to time, but not nearly as often. Again, GFY!

#9 ·
That's great! I too suffer from an anxiety disorder and I know how hard it can be to find a good Dr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.