Frugal Village Forums banner

How about a weight loss challenge?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MJsLady 
#1 ·
Losing the pounds isn't the most important thing in a weight loss program, although it is a part of it. Drinking lots of water, eating healthy and excersise all should be a part of our weight loss program. Feeling good about ourselves is the most important part in my opinion.

How about a challenge of:

- doing 30 mins. of excersise every other day until the end of Sept. We can report back here each day to say whether were doing it or not.

Anyone up for it.

btw - I love challenges. They make me work harder!!

#3 ·
I will try to do this but I have to modify it a bit.

I hope to walk for 15 min. atleast 3 days this week. I walked for the first time in years last week. It really did feel good but my legs have been aching ever since so I guess I over did it that first time.

We can't all be marathon walkers like you homestead mamma!:D

#4 ·
I'm in too. I am shooting for 15 minutes each day on my "free" machine, which is similar to walking. I would also like to try 15 minutes in the am, and 15 minutes in the pm....but this is not a good week to do that, have to be at work at 7:00am 2 days this week. But, the days when I do have time to exercise in the am, I want to also do 15 minutes in the pm

dolphin - good for you..I am where you are. I have not walked just for exercise in about 8 years.

Homestead Mamma - you are doing great, 35 minutes is a great start.

#5 ·
hey can we plan a challenge for the first of the year? Sort of give us all time to get used to the idea?
I missed this when it was posted but really want to lose weight and get more active. I work longish hours on Mon and Tues but the rest of my week is pretty easy.
I need more energy and I need to not be sleepy all the time and I think exercise will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.