married to my honey
    mommy to one handsome teenager
    mommy to 2 furbabies

no consumer debt, zero, zip nada

mortgage - 56,140.96 pay off date 11/2017
    car fund 5,000
    heating unit 0

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great big huggs dear. Never give up on your smile.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry for all that you are going through, I am sure the tooth just felt like the icing on the cake (you know, one of those yucky cardboard tasting cakes). I know here in NJ there is a special cancer group that gives money to people going through (I believe) breast cancer. Just money to help them out, no strings attatched, one of our local radio dj's just ran a marathon to support them about a month ago. My point (I know seems like it is taking forever isn't it?) maybe FL also has an organization that does this and they could give you money to get the tooth fixed. Maybe Google cancer organizations in FL. Hope this helps and I wish you better times soon.
    P.S. I am also missing a tooth (I am 34 and it was removed about 10 years ago) and I get a little self-conscious of it sometimes but I have learned that it really is not that big of a deal and you would be surprised at how many people have a tooth or two missing and how few even notice that you do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Melinda

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I too have problems with my teeth because of chemo so you are not alone. I don't have dental insurance either and had two teeth pulled but didn't want to do it again so I called around to dentists and explained my situation. They gave me a discount and worked out a payment plan for me to get a root canal and crown. You might try calling some dentists, you never know when someone may bless you with a discounted rate. I hope you find a solution.

Patty

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is there a dental school near where you live? They perform the services for free and all you pay for is materials.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by baxjul View Post
    When I had chemo, it affected my teeth. Never had any problems with my teeth ever. Yesterday one of my teeth fell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OF course, I don't have the money to go and get a partial, so I have this big gaping hole on the left side!!!! I refuse to smile! I feel so ugly!!!!
    omg, I am so sorry to hear that. Are you within reasonable driving distance of a dentistry school? you may possibly be able to contact them and see if you can volunteer for teaching class? I am so sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just read other responses and see someone else had the same thought as I.

In response to Sodance, that is a great idea. If you get your situation "out there" by calling dentists, and even physicians you may find someone willing to help you out? Someone may know someone who can help.

Hang tight!! Too bad it is after Halloween, you'd make a great Pirate *hug*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry that you are going through that. My MIL has had the same thing happen and I know how she feels about it. After all you have gone through you have to deal with you tooth breaking.

My only ideas are - dental school or call your local health department and ask them about it I know ours will do it free if you qualify and if not they will work on a sliding scale based on income.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry. My Mom has been losing teeth and having them break off on her, too. One is right in front on the side and you can notice it. She keeps saying, "One day......" but she still won't go. I worry about her but I can't force her, you know? She doesn't have dental insurance and neither do I. I've not been to a dentist for over 15 years myself.

I feel bad for you and I hope you can get it fixed up if it bothers you that much. I did some online checking for my Mom and I learned there are dental schools that charge about half price what a dentist would charge. Then there was one clinic I found in our area that accepted patients for free but they had to qualify and sign up for a waiting list every year and they might not get to them that year because it was first come, first serve.

The dental payment plans I saw allowed you to make monthly payments for a year without any interest fees. If you could not pay it off in a year, however, you would be charged interest.

Keep your chin up and hopefully you will get it taken care of soon. In the meantime, smile anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You are beautiful inside and out, please smile.

My sister has lost her teeth to lupus and too many pregnancies and she is feeling self concious too but we all tell her she is beautiful no matter what.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123