weight loss challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dmarvelous View Post
    Hi,everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! I didn't lose much in November..only a half-pound. I think it might have been a couple of extra trips to the Golden Corral on my vacation. It was worth it though. It was a good vacation! Last weekend though, I said enough and I ate my hot rice stuff and pinto beans that I had cooked with extra jalapenos and steamed cabbage. I had that Friday night and lost a pound. I had the same thing for lunch on Saturday and that night I made my veggie enchilada recipe. I was soooooooo good and only put 3 tablespoons of Wolf chili on them! So on Sunday morning, another pound. I am now down 93 pounds in less than 11 months! I'm hoping to at least hit 100 by the time a year is over! Don't ever give up! I almost went through the bathroom ceiling when I started losing again! Thanksgiving was no problem. Went to the Golden Corral and only got enough for lunch and dinner that day. No leftovers to tempt!

Terrific job!!!!!
    I'm down 8 in the last month. I was pretty suprised when I finally weighed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default congrats to you,too!

It just wonderful,doesn't it, when you lose a bunch in a row! When I first changed to low-fat, it was like it was melting off. Every time I got on the scale, I nearly went through the ceiling! Hahaha! But you know, it still thrills me,even a half pound. I just love it! It is actually cold in Texas right now and I froze my hiney off today! Now THAT was a thrill...I haven't been cold in 20 years! What's your goal? Do you have one? I'm going for 175 pounds,so I'm more than halfway.
    Keep up your good work!

Deborah

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just a post to share. I didn't give up on this challenge. Within a week of posting it and sharing it in my column, I found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I miscarried not long ago. I will be rejoining this challenge in the new year. More determined than ever. I'll admit this past week I've been eating far more than I should have.... Various goodies such as cookies, candy canes and of course the big holiday meal. ugh But it's time to get back on track.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Sara, I'm so sorry.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to an exercise class for 8 years, no exercise equipment involved. Good old fashioned exercise sit ups, leg lifts, and using small weights. Exercise instructor quit doing it and I had a kidney transplant; I am taking prednisone and just can't seem to get the weight off, but I love this challenge. In December I was lifting weights and doing sit ups and leg lifts. Joyce Vedral has a couple of good books on lifting weight exercises if anyone is interested. I just have to tell you all the really cool thing. My wonderful husband of 31 years at the time gave me the kidney.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

look forward to joing tjis challenge...I am wanting to lose 50lbs....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh Sara, I just saw this since I posted. So sorry to hear about your baby. {{{Hugs}}}

I admit I haven't been very successful with this challenge either. I actually put on 2 lbs. over the holidays. I am starting at 182 lbs....sigh.

Good news though is I finally have my new orthodics. I'm gradually breaking them in. And, with the kid being home from university we are doing more walking and shopping.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry Sara!

I've not posted much here but have worked hard on this challenge......not so much the last couple of weeks with the holidays though! I actually started my weightloss challenge at the end of May and so far I'm down 60 lbs......35 to go and I can't wait! I'll be back on plan and working hard in the next few days!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Noel View Post
    Unfortunately, I miscarried not long ago. I will be rejoining this challenge in the new year.
    ~I'm sorry for your loss, Sara.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know how hard a miscarriage is on a body and the mind Sara. I am looking forward to being serious with this and madhen's pound a week challenge. Maybe between the two challenges I'll make progress on one or possibly both... So ready to be free of this spare tire.
    Last edited by PrairieRose; 01-01-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: had another thought

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Going to get serious about weight loss

Since my DD is getting married, I am getting serious about weight loss.
    I want to lose 65 pounds this year. That would put me at the ideal weigh for my height.
    That averages out to just 5 pounds a month for the whole year.

So I am putting it in writing, to keep me accountable.

Starting weight:
    200 pounds on Jan. 1, 2009

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I weighed myself this a.m: 112 lbs which puts me at an estimated 23.4 BMI.

My goal is to get down to 100 lbs, and a BMI of 20. That means losing 12 lbs.

I can do it!!
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really really want to lose weight. We are doing a weight challenge at work as well. It is going to be for 6 weeks. Everyone who joins puts in .50 and every week we all add .50 to the jar. WHoever loses the most after 6 weeks wins all the money! I think it is great! I weighed myself today and I weight 220. YIKES! I would love to get to 150lbs...thats 70lbs I need to lose. Im not really sure how to lose it. I work 2 jobs and one is overnights so it is hard for me to fit some time in between the both! LOL. I bought myself new workout clothes...so I could "workout" or "jog" or something. Its pretty cold in NY to be jogging..though...so Im not relly sure what I am going to be doing! LOL. Any tips would be great! I would love to lose it fast!
    I am going to QUIT eating out and making home cooked meals. I do SKIP alot of meals and then scraf down tons when Im hungry. I also eat and then sleep becuase of working overnights. I do drink alot of soda and eat alot of junkffod while at work...so I need to cut all that out as well! Good luck ladies...wish me some as well!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My prayers go out to you Gail. that's a tough struggle. But I believe for every problem we have in life there is a solution...somewhere. We just have to ferret it out.

I broke ranks and went to a naturopath the other day. My doctor sister would be disgusted. But I am more encouraged now at least. I am back on a low carb diet. Before when I did this my cholesterol soared. However, it was not done under supervision. This time it will be. The naturopath insists on working with a GP to do integrated medicine. I love that.

DH and I also decided we weren't getting enough exercise, what with all the cold temperatures and snowstorms this winter. So we hoofed it to the nearest city rec center and bought a gym/pool pass for the rest of the winter.

The naturopath took my blood pressure while we were at her office and my diastolic was a lot higher than normal. I found that really interesting. Will have to report that to my GP. Sigh...

Jean

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345