Frugal Village Forums banner

weight loss challenge

7K views 74 replies 27 participants last post by  peanut 
#1 ·
I'm gearing up for my weight loss challenge. My deadline is April 14 to reach my goal. If you'd like to join in, please reply to this thread. Fair warning, I'm serious about this challenge so if you're serious about losing weight before summer, join me. No super fancy gear over here. I have some DVDs, a step, a recumbent bike and Wii fit (thanks hubby). Longstanding members will remember I lost a lot of weight a few yrs ago. Two pregnancies later and it's time to get back into shape.

Anyone else up for the challenge? What are your personal struggles? Any restrictions?

My problem is that I skip meals. I don't care for myself the way that I should. There I said it. I get busy and skip skip skip and then eat whatever looks like I can shove it into my face with limited effort. :( Very pathetic. Time to let go of my sugary snacks, too.

My biggest limitations are time and a bum shoulder that prevents me from doing any major arm exercises or weights.

Tomorrow morning, I'm starting bright and early. Anyone up for synchronized exercise? :D

#2 ·
Well good luck to you Sarah and all who join in. I will stop by on occasin to cheer you on. Just remember that you can do this and just think of how great you will all feel and look.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm in Sara! I weighed today and will not be weighing again until 12/24. I am also 100% sugar free until I have a piece of pie on turkey day.
I lost over 80 lbs a few years back and need to re lose almost 1/.2 again. I lose at a snails pace usually so that is why I don't weigh often.
The plan I'm using is low glycemic /carb cycling by Wendy Chant. I'm diabetic so that's the plan for me. My plan must have 4 meals but preferably 5.

Today I got a toning/cardio dvd done and 10 min of an ab dvd. I might take a leisurely walk after supper.

My goal date is also in April for my b day.

So are we checking in daily with exercise and sharing if we stayed on task etc?

#4 ·
I would like to join in as well. I joined a gym last month and weighed and measured myself. Since then I have lost 8 pounds, but will not measure until the new year.

My goal is 13 more pounds by then and to learn a new lifestyle of working out, eating right, and maintaining my weight.

I have dvd's, an ab tape. Need to get hand weights and a jump rope. I do the elliptical and bike in gym for an hour 4 times a week. Then core machines, and leg machines. Am working up to toning body. I go M,W,F and either sat or sun or sat AND sun.

Good luck everyone!!

#5 ·
I'm encouraging a daily check in for those members that visit daily. If anyone joins in that doesn't, a weekly check works fine. I need a daily check to hold myself accountable. I'll be doing a weekly weigh in. I'll weigh in on Mondays.

:)

I will not be posting my weight. No way..no how. LOL I will say I've got lots to lose. Let's just say I've given myself plenty of time to lose weight in a healthy way. I have 6 mos. Why 6 mos? That's when I shoot some tv segments and I don't want to look fugly.

#7 ·
I'm in.

I want to lose about 20lbs....but the pounds don't matter to me its the size, my health and wellbeing.

I've slacked off in the past few months (since I had foot surgery)

I've got videos galore, an exercise room with heavy bag, weight machine, and exercise balls. now to get rid of my excuses and DO IT.

#8 ·
I'm totally in. I need to lose about 40 lbs. I started the first of this month and WAS down 3 lbs. Now I am back up. (had a rough weekend eating and drinking too much)

I will plan to gork out 5 days per week maybe 6 if I have the chance. I will post here everyday. I am shooting for at least 2 lbs per week.

Good luck everyone.

#9 ·
I'm in. I've been putting this off for way too long. I've finally got my thyroid problem under control, which is why I WASNT losing weight, even when I was trying.

So now--I have no excuse. I'm tired of looking fat n fluffy. My goal is to lose 18 lbs.

#10 ·
I Am So IN !!!!!.

I just started running again on the treadmill on Friday. My tummy and thighs are getting much too flabby. I have been good this weekend. I have put in 3 miles everyday since friday. I hope to keep going. My problem is I get bored and then the excuses start.

#11 ·
Sara, I'm in. I have about 10 pounds to lose.

I have a Healthwalker and a Wii Fit and a hilly neighborhood to help me out.

My biggest problem is that I don't exercise. I seriously feel like I don't have time. I'm up at 6 and in that time, at work by 7:15. We all get home by 4:15ish and then it's time to make dinner, then give baths, then read books and put kids to bed. I don't want to exercise right before bed because it keeps me up. On Tuesdays you can add handbells and choir from 6:15-10:00 and then on Wednesdays, it's grad school from 4:00-9:00

Lots of excuses, I know. Hence the need for a challenge. :)

Anyway, I'm in.

#12 · (Edited)
Count me in too!!!!! I'll be weighing in on Sunday and reporting weekly.

My goal is 35-40 pounds by 4/1/09. I've done it before so I know it can be done. Weight Watchers, here I come!!!!!

I've been doing WW for about a month and have lost 10 pounds. So I'm counting that too for encouragement!!!!

#13 ·
I would love to join all of you!! I have 40lbs to lose and want it off by mid March if I can! I have my treadmill and a membership at Curves. My problem is skipping meals as well, I pretty much can go most of the day without eating and then I eat whatever is quick and easy at night (aka junk food)......I also have a bad habit of snacking at night and that needs to stop!

#15 ·
Thrilled to see so many of you joining in. Just a head's up but I announced my weight loss challenge in an upcoming column. So I think I've got the accountability covered. LOL

I do very well once I set my mind to it. Much like Amy, it's tough to fit it in. Not impossible, but easy for me to set it aside because something else can easily take its place like sleeping and showering. LOL I'm not even sure when will be my best time to exercise. I'm going to try first thing in the morning. Might have to ride my bike watching cartoons with Miranda. LOL

My main focus will be on eating balanced. Not the oh it's 3pm, I should eat nonsense and then eating ramen soup or half a peanut butter sandwich. ugh

I need to up my water intake again, too.

So I guess I will (or anyone can) start a daily thread and we'll post how/what we're doing. Sound like a plan?

#17 · (Edited)
I think a daily thread sounds great and maybe we can come back here for a weekly/monthly update.

I personally would like to post a picture of me now. And then, every month come back here and post an updated picture. Talk about keeping yourself in check...LOL, that should do it for me.

I will be starting my "diet" tomorrow, but will start exercising regularly today!

#18 ·
Here is my Now Pictures.

Don't be too hard on me, I am very tired and really look horrible. Usually I am dressed better and hair is fixed.

G
#21 ·
I'd like to join, too. I would like to loose around 8 kg. I don't have a fixed date, but a fixed event at which I want to have reached this goal: my oral phD exam (whenever this will be :p).
I overeat when nervous, when under stress, and when bored. OK, I overeat all the time :)

#22 · (Edited)
Count me in too. I need to lose about 60 pds. I do really well during the day at work but when I am at home I pig out(boredom, not busy enough) I dont know but I do know that I need to keep a food journal but when ever I start one it just seems like a bother.

I walk but not on a reg. basis. I am going to shoot for 3 times a week to start.

#23 ·
Ok. count me in too! Last week I started a 5K training program, so I am running 3 days a week.

I need to lose the 8 pounds I put on when I quit smoking a few months ago, and then probably about another 22 pounds. So 30 pounds altogether. Not sure if I'll make it there by April, but I'll do my best. My goal is next September (11 months) is my brothers wedding...I'd like to look smokin' hot by then!

I started using the site activetrainer.com and I love it. It's free (which I love) and you can put in your customized workouts on a schedule and then log them as completed when they are done. I am doing the free couch to 5K program I found on the cool running website and I entered it into the site.

The best part...it e-mails me daily and tells me what kind of work out I do that day or if it is a rest day! I'll feel too guilty to skip a workout knowing that I'll have to face that e-mail in my inbox everyday!

I like the no sugar until Turkey day idea too! I might try that (not 100% becuase I need my coffee creamer) but maybe no sweet treats until then!

#25 ·
I'm in. I always seem to start programs then quit when my life gets stressful. Well I had a newsflash moment a couple of weeks ago--My life is always going to be stressful so I just need to deal with it.

I am back on Weight Watchers. I did switch back to flex plan(counting points) since I am having to eat out more and eat on the run. I plan on going back to core mid November. I have a Wii Fit as well as a exercise bike.

Goal 30 pounds by March 26th--my b-day.

#26 ·
VanVivCam I think you look great, besides the red eye. Freaky. LOL

I am doing good this week, sunday worked out an hour of cardio and core and thigh machines. Same on Monday and Tuesday. Tonight I am going to do an hour of cardio then 30 minutes of weights. Less weight and more reps to tone down my legs a bit. Then taking Thursday off.

As for food doing ok, keeping tabs of calories, fat, carbs, and protien on a website and trying to keep between 1100-1200 calories. Finding it easier to do now that I am eating more veggies/fruits for snack instead of chocolate. :)

Good luck everyone. Oh I think I added a ticker to my signature. TO keep me accountable everytime i post I will see it. :D

#27 ·
Worked out a bit last night--did sit-ups, flutter kicks, leg lifts, leg kicks, etc.

Amy--I am in the same boat as you--up at 6, at work by 715, by the time I get home with Wesley it's almost 5, then I have to get dinner started, then dishes, laundry, etc. I found some great 10 minute work-out dvds on Amazon though. I can send you the link if you are interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.