Our 2011 Self Image Challenge - Page 256
Page 256 of 373 FirstFirst ... 156206246253254255256257258259266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5589
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

atm-thank you. Yes i t is precious. Her son and daughter are 13 1/2 and another I have is 11. Plus my sons dog is 13 1/2. So we can expect losses. Just a suprise when things are ok 1 min. and dire the next.

OK ladies I am not patient,I admit it but what would you do/how long would you wait? I go to the oil change place. Its a quickie one w/ 4 bays. There is 1 SUV in there and a guy working. DD's dog is in the car stinking it up because she is (gross) older. I wait outside running the gas 15 min. I toot the horn because I am sure he just hasn't noticed me. He ignores me. I wait 5 more min. as he chats it up w/ this person. I toot again,after he must not of heard me w/ the bay door down. Still ignored. So i left. My opinion is he should have let me in so i could shut down the car or at least said I am alone I will be right w/ you. I take both vehicles there for years now,have never caused a fuss? Shouldn't people have a more solicitous attitude in this environment. Am I just crabby? And yes I was getting a little nervous about miss piggy wee,wee,weeing in DH's car (even though she had just been).lol

Gonna mail Ds's bday gift tomorrow. DD downloaded photos of the dogs for him from her camera and bought a new hat at S.A. for him w/ a fishing slogan on it.
    I got him a pizza hut gift card,a cabelas hat,an emergency silver blanket,a used down coat,send some dexter dvd's,a little cash,and the tennis balls to dry the coat w/. Oh and that cute book "A man,A can, and a microwave". Mostly just silly junk to remind him who his weirdo family is. Just not a flush year. I think he'll like it. I bought king dongs for a cake. No candles allowed.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Boy there's lots of posts today! No hope of catching up on them today, but like A2M I'm going to highlight a few that stayed in this sieve of a brain today.

Maui, been thinking about you. Like Val, I was concerned not to see you here. I hope you are well. Remember how we talked about sleeping on things and figuring things out in our sleep? Well, last night I slept on it and knew what I was going to make today. I'm sure it helped writing everything I had to use for soup down right before I went to bed.

Val, did I say Woo Hoo on the boots? If not I meant to. Woo Hoo!!!! Thanks for the soup recipe, after I'm done this post I'll go hunt it down. Maybe I'll make it tomorrow. Soups are very nourishing, and I'm a big believer in eating them often. especially during cold and flu season. The hearing aid and insurance. Things just never seem to get better when we are talking medical. My oldest just got the bill for the bee sting. $5,000!!! He's still not sure how much he's got to pay of that.

Vanilla and Janie, I know you've both been busy, but it was so good to see you both post. And yes, try not to overdo it.

Dean- *sigh* I'm sorry That's just got to be so tough walking into everyday. Your DH's job! Woo Hoo!!! Hats and Horns Woo Hoo!!! I know just how tough construction is right now and just how important that one job is. Still praying for God to open up the heavens and bless your DH all through this slow season.

Well lookie here! It's Kim!!! So glad you popped in, was thinking about you last night and was wondering how the work at home thing was working out for you?

Hi Kat! Yes, I can see why you wouldn't want her to miss this opportunity. I wouldn't either.

Ohio, I saw you yesterday. While you haven't been here lately I just want you to know you and your DH are not far from my thoughts and most definitely are in my prayers. I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering what new books you were reading? I hope you are well.

FW- The lemon rice soup sounds wonderful! I've never had anything like that. Do you have a recipe for it, or do you just wing it?

A2M- What a wonderful hubby! What a blessing! I hope you both feel better soon.

Thanks Debbie, I sure hope you feel better soon. Sometimes slow but sure is the only way to win the race by the end of the day. Keep taking breaks

QM, Aww hugs. I understand wanting a night out, I'm sorry. I say, take that multi if that's what you have, but consider adding some natural vitamin D and C like Val said.

Vitamin D myths, facts and statistics

Still feeling yucky, but making a real effort to include lots of variety for optimal health. After sleeping on it I decided on

Albondigas soup

Corn bread

Saffron rice

Plain chopped romaine lettuce salad

Sober Sangria, lots of lemons, lime juice, strawberries, black raspberries & blueberries to drink.

Lemon/lime cake with coconut cream cheese & sour cream frosting.

Made my DH eat eggs this morning, DS1 had a bowl of chicken vegetable rice soup and the rest of those meatballs my MIL sent over in a sandwich. Sent DS1 to work with same soup, butter bread and ginger snaps. I had soup for breakfast, but I've not really felt like eating much.

SI? Well...still below average today. But I've got an awesome supper made. Lots of housework on my list today. I need some little fairies who come in in the middle of the night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope I don't catch what you all seem to be enduring.
    Got the laundry done, supper ready and took Liam to the playground for about an hour. He loves the fresh air. So does grammy.

Brownies turned out to be toooooooo good. It's a good thing the recipe only makes 9. DH and DS had some in their lunches and I had one with my coffee this morning, plus dh and I each had one last night.

Off to do some dishes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dean – Gosh, it makes for a very long workday when no one smiles. Hope things will improve quickly. IMO Its hard to be thankful when you're carrying such a heavy workload. HUGS
    Hope the weather holds out for your DH & DS work.

Debbie - Don't overdo!

FW – You’re a TERRIFIC mom to do such thoughtful things for your kids! I hope they know how lucky they are. Hope you continue doing special little things for them even when they’re older, cause it means a lot. Not sure why, but my mom has stopped so many of the things she use to do for me.
    Sorry to hear about your kitty. I’m certain she had a wonderful life… very fortunate to have your family to care for her. HUGS

Polly - I'm not that busy. Sort of down lately & really have no reason to feel this way. I'm very blessed, but keep finding all these things that are missing in my life or that have changed. Think I need to focus more on the positive... bring more happy things into my life. Sorry, sort of "thinking out loud".
    Did you bake while under the weather? I can't even get a box mix cake out of my mom or a dinner invite for my birthday. Sigh... I want to trade families. Anyway, I think you should be careful not to overdo. No repeat of August! OK? Gotta take care of yourself too!

QM - Sorry your night out got cancelled. You should take it easy since you're not feeling well.

Tervs - Hope the overtime at home is working out.

Its so good to see others stopping by. Maui, Ohio, Vanilla... (my brain stopped working) & anyone I'm forgetting hope to catch up w/you soon!

May Groceries $228/275 Pet Supplies $109/130
    Coupons $24.99
    April Groceries $280/275 Pet Supplies $118/130
    Coupons $36.44
    Coupon Saving 2014 $153.91
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww Janie You know it hasn't been all that long since your baby girl passed. Do you think this could be part of the reason you feel so blue? Don't beat yourself up either, yes you're blessed, but we all have times when we are blue. Just because you're blue does not mean that you're ungrateful for those blessings, it just means your soul is weary. I've had times in my life where I was soul sick, there are no other words, just soul sick. I think it's okay to be sad Janie, especially if what you're going through is grief. Feed your soul and nurture yourself during this time, but remember, it's okay to feel what you feel for as long as it takes.

Yes, I baked. It's kind of a habit, the baking and cooking. I only take breaks from it if I've gone down hard. Besides, it's cold and flu season and DS1 works in a pharmacy, he needs lots of soup and home cooked foods to withstand all the germs in that place.

You're always welcome at our supper table Janie. If you're ever out this way I expect you to stop in for a meal and a visit.

That goes for all your ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Polly, I'm here every day reading everyone's posts. I just haven't felt like posting for a long time but I like keeping up with what all of you are doing.

Thanks so much for thinking about me and my dh. Thanks also for your prayers. What a sweet person you are. My dh is actually doing about the same. The MS hasn't seemed to worsen much since I've posted last. I can't get him in and out of the car anymore so he is pretty much homebound. When he needs to go to the doctor,etc, we use the county's handicapped van. They pick him up right at the door and bring him back when he is finished with his appointment . It is a lifesaver and no charge but I always give a donation to help buy gas. It is so worth it to us.

My grandson got home safely from Afghanistan in August.That's the good news. The bad news is that his wife left him while he was over there. She moved out and got her own apartment and took the baby. He does get to have the baby whenever he wants to, though. She is 8 mo. old now. He got to bring her up here to Ohio last month so we all got to see her and I babysat her a few times. What a little doll she is.

And if his situation isn't bad enough my daughter(his mom) is separated from her husband after 18 years together. That was a big shock to everyone. He is devastated and very depressed. The doctor has put him on antidepressants and he is going to counseling with my pastor. He told me today that he got saved. Please say a prayer for their marriage. My daughter won't talk to him or any of us about it. I hope she will go to counseling, too.

My little 6 yr old great granddaughter , whom I have taken care of since she was 2 weeks old, will probably be moving to Charleston,SC, after Christmas. Her mom married a guy who is stationed there and they will be going down there to live. I will miss her desperately but they need to be together as a family. My dh and I will visit our dd in Georgia for awhile this winter if they move. It will do us good t get away. And hopefully the weather will be better
    WELL, i''ve gone on long enough. Oh, Polly I've been reading Debbie Macomber and a lot of Amish fiction. What has everyone else been readin ?
    +
    g.
    s in Georgia for awhile this winter

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry for the mix-up at he end of my post. I don't know what happened.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ohio47 and Vanilla thank you too for your hugs. I took a afternoon nap and woke up so thristy. I drank two large glasses of ice water and tried to nap again, but my stomach was growling, so I am eating a yogurt and when I am through, I will head back to bed.

Janie, a hug for you.

Polly, how did you ever manage making such a grand meal when you are feeling so poorly? My guys get soup or sandwiches or if money allows delivery cheap pizza when I am sick. I wanna eat at your house tonight.

Dear cat wants lots of lovings when I am awake. She knows that I am not feeling well. She is a mommies girl. Her sister who died of cancer two years ago was such a daddies girl. We sure miss her sister and think of her daily. We are happy to at least have one pet though.

Dh complimented me the other night and said that I am a Proverbs 31 woman. Wow!!! Is that the best compliment that a woman wants to hear or what? It sure boosted my SI. If there was such a thing as a Proverbs 31 MAN, he would get my vote too.

QM did you get my e-mail last night elaborating more on religious beliefs and what else my pastor said? If it didn't recognize me and went to spam or trash, please let me know and I will resend it.

Well, folks more brain fog. I cannot remember what else I read before getting a snack and some more water. Sorry, if I forgot to thank anyone else for their hug...

Back to bed I go. BTW, the new pumpkin yogurt that I am eating from Target is excellent. If their is a Target that carries refrigerated goods near you. I highly recommend the pumpkin pie yogurt.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ohio47, FV was acting funny. Something told me to save my post which I did thankfully because I ended up having to resend it. I am sure that is why you questioned what happened to your post.

A big hug to you and your family. Praises though to the new believer in your family. Thanks for sharing that.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Evening everyone.

A2M - glad you are resting lots and what a wonderful Dh!! Sleep well and I hope you feel better in the morning.

FW - I would have been ticked too if that happened to me!! The nerve! Glad you drove away. Sounds like DS's birthday gift is a real nice one!! I m sure he will be thrilled with it!

Polly - you are a wonderwoman, cooking while sick!!! Rest!!

Dean - LOL on the brownies...I am sure they are to die for and that's why they didnt last long!! Glad you had fun at the park with Liam!

Janie - I wish you lived closer...I would bake you a cake for your birthday!

Ohio - so nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear that your DH is mostly homebound. I am glad the handicap van can help!! So happy to hear your grandson made it home safe but sorry to hear about his marriage. I hope they can work things out. Prayers for bothe marriages. I am sorry to hear about your great granddaughter moving away. I hope you get lots of opportunities to visit her. Hugs

Didn't feel like I accomplished much today but I wanted to take it easy. Off to work on a knitted hat. Have a great night everyone, sleep well and hugs to all!
    Sept No Spend Days - 8 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 228 /365
    2014 Sept Gas Challenge - $68.50 / $120
    Sept Keep Fit - 1125 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh Ohio So much in your world, no wonder you haven't felt like posting. You can bet I'll be praying, count on it.

I haven't really been reading much, but I've got a stack of books I plan on reading a lot this Winter. The one I want to read first is Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

A2M- Wow, you sure got hit hard with this.

And your DH is such a sweetie!

I'm glad you have your Mommy's girl A2M, I can't tell you how much I miss my Suki Girl. Of course we have Sweetpea, but she's not really interested in me with the exception of food. She becomes a horseshoe when I try to pet her most of the time. She scared me something silly the other night. She was walking towards my DH and let out this horrible meow and then limped off. I scooped her up to examine her, but we could not find anything amiss. No lumps, no tenderness, nothing poking in the pads of her feet. She continued to limp, and then hid under a chair and refused to come out. The next day she acted like nothing ever happened, but it bothered me all night.

Debbie, I'm sure you accomplished more than you think you did. I swear you and Dean work like crazy. You both make me tired.

Dean, Would you mind posting a recipe for those brownies? Pretty please.

Debbie & A2M, to tell you the truth it was not all that much work. I make up homemade mixes for things like cakes, cookies, cornbread & saffron rice. It makes it a cinch to whip them out. I keep dressing that I make up in the fridge so unless I'm out that's covered. I flaked on the salad and just did a quick cut on the romaine ans washed in a colander, let sit till dry. So just plain lettuce and dressing, that's all. Sober Sangria could not be simpler. There is no measuring, it's just whatever fruit you have, lemon juice or lime juice, or both. Or whatever fruit juice you have, add water and sugar, stir and put in the fridge. The soup, is more time consuming but just as easy. Here's what I do, there's no actual recipe per say. This is my version.

Albondigas soup

1 pound ground turkey
    3 carrots
    4 large potatoes
    about 3 cups chunky salsa
    4 packets sazon
    flavored bread crumbs
    2 eggs
    1 big chicken bouillon cube
    1/2 to 1 cup vegetable oil
    cayenne pepper
    garlic salt
    water

In a half kettle put the big bouillon cube, carrots sliced into coins, potatoes in small cubes (not tiny cubes). Place mini meatballs in one layer over top of the potatoes and carrots. Pour salsa over top. Sprinkle 2 sazon packets over top, then fill with water just to cover. add oil, and season highly with cayenne pepper and a bit of garlic salt. Cover and bring to boil, turn down to simmer and cook till potatoes are very soft. At this point, and this is important for the flavors to marry, let sit on stove the rest of the day. Right before supper, keep covered and let simmer till heated through.

In each bowl put saffron rice, then ladle soup over top.

Meatballs

in large bowl put ground turkey, 2 packets sazon, and two eggs. At this point you'll start to add seasoned bread crumbs. You want the mixture to double to almost double and a half in size. It is to be thick with bread crumbs. Mix VERY well. Make tiny meatballs, wetting hands as you go along.

This may sound odd, but it is crazy good. There are many versions of Mexican meatball soup, some add corn, but according to my friend who is Mexican, he says my version is just like his Mothers.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Valerie - Those chocolcate-dipped mummy pretzal rods sounds tasty! You guys need to post pics of your creations!
    I don't blame you for wanting to stay home and relax this evening. You sound like one busy woman who deserves a bit of a break.
    So sorry to hear about your friend's dad. So sad. Sending a prayer heavenwards for the family.
    I hope you find out that your middle DS just needs new casings. What a bummer if he needs new hearing aids. Keep us updated.

Janie - Thanks for the hugs. Since most of us are sick (or with a lower than normal SI due to health and stress from life in general), we need all the hugs we can get.

A2M - You're so blessed that your DH helps you around the house even when he's sick. Way to go, DH!!! Your husband sounds like such a sweetheart bringing you comfort food for lunch!
    What did you DO to have your husband tell you that you are the Proverbs 31 woman?! My husband has told me that a time or two...but only after I've done something to help him or the house.
    I just checked my e-mail account now, and I got your e-mail! I have a few e-mail accounts, and that is one of the ones I rarely check. I will reply to you.

MM - Dig your way out from under all your paperwork and come visit this thread more often. You sound busy...busy...busy!

Dean - Sorry that your work is so stressful these days. I hope things improve quickly.

tervsforme - Hi! Thanks for the hugs and prayers!

Debbie - Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better too. We can conquer these colds!...we can!
    BTW...What do you do with dehydrated celery? Can you tell I've never done it...

FW2 - Personally, I book an appointment for oil changes at a nearby Wal-Mart. I get in right away and it's done within 1/2 an hour. Then I can get a few things needed in the store. So it's kind of a two-for-one stop those days. Are Wal-Mart's oil changes more than that place you normally go to? And yes...to answer your question, I think you were patient. If the guy heard you or saw your vehicle, then he's ignorant and they don't deserve your business.
    I think that sounds like an awesome birthday gift for DS. He should like it a lot!

Polly - I didn't get to go out tonight...no...but it was for a reason. I got a call from my mom (right before suppertime) telling me that she forgot to tell me that tonight is the AWANA Fall Fun Fair at our church. So I phoned a couple neighbour friends and brought them along too for the fun. The kids had a blast. I'm really glad I didn't miss it because it's so fun taking pics and watching their precious, excited faces as they go around playing indoor "fair" games, munching on popcorn and gobbling up HM cotton candy.
    Thanks for the open invite for a meal at your place. If we ever decide to visit Lancaster County again, I'll look you up. How far do you live from Lancaster?

Dean - Will you post your brownie recipe on this thread? I don't have one these days--unless I find one on the internet. I want one from a friend that is tried and true.

JanieD - If we lived in the same city, I'd bake you a cake and celebrate your birthday with you! What is your exact birth date?

Ohio - So sorry to hear about your grandson and daughter's relationship problems. Miracles do happen. And God will and does answer prayer. How wonderful that your son-in-law told you that he got saved. I will keep them and you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Continue to pop in and share with us as often as you feel like. We care about you.
    I've read quite a few Beverly Lewis novels about the Amish. I find that I haven't been taking the time to read books of late, but when I start up again I'll keep Debbie Macomber's books in mind.

Well, it's almost 10 on my computer clock, so I should quickly finish this post and go hit the hay. I am feeling quite a bit better, and I'm sure another good night's sleep will help all the more.

I had a good evening tonight with the kids. It was a lot of fun. The kids came home with their face painted and lots of little toys for their prizes. Cute.

I think tomorrow is going to be another "home day". I probably should take the kids out and about tomorrow...I might change my mind...because they were quite wearing this morning. I think they need a change of scenery. But I also need to be concerned about my health and well being. We'll see.

Have a good night, all!
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    On September 20th - 136.4 lbs
    1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

September No Spend Challenge /10 No Spend Days
    21st (), 22nd (), 23rd (), 24th (), 25th (), 26th (), 27th (), 28th (), 29th (), 30th ()

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $60,539.33 (as of September 20th, 2014 - 5 years, 7 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $22,375.69 (as of September 20th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $29,451.53 (as of September 20th, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Polly - We cross-posted. Great minds!...Great minds!...(We both want "the recipe".) And, Polly?...What is sazon? There's always ingredients in recipes I don't have on hand!!!

1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

21st (), 22nd (), 23rd (), 24th (), 25th (), 26th (), 27th (), 28th (), 29th (), 30th ()

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    Breakdown
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, we both want that brownie recipe! *Grins*

Sazon is a seasoning. It's made by Goya. You'll find it in the ethnic section of your supermarket. It comes in little boxes. Goya makes the big cubes too. You really must try it, it makes everything so yummy!

My DH is so stuffed tonight I think I could roll him to bed. Tonight was a happy supper night. Any night I cook Mexican and he's in Heaven.

I'm glad your kids got to go to the fun fair. I remember doing that kind of stuff with my boys years ago.

And I'd like to know what A2M does too! My DH has never, not once paid me that compliment. Maybe on my deathbed. *snort*

Oh, and it depends on where you are in Lancaster, but we are not far at all. If you are out this way it's definitely doable. And when our fiances are better if you visit, we can go to the Sight and Sound Theater! AWESOME!

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You had me laughing out loud when you said, "Maybe on my deathbed. *snort*". Often people don't know how good they have it til somthing or someone is gone. Hopefully he'll say it before your dying day because I'm SURE it's true.

1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    Breakdown
    $31,000 van

~Dave Ramsey