Our 2011 Self Image Challenge - Page 345
Page 345 of 373 FirstFirst ... 245295335342343344345346347348355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5589
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, dean....NO STOVE is a nightmare!!!!!! We unplugged it last night and turned off the gas....turned everthing back on and the problem is still the same.....ugh...called the repair guy...will see what happens.

LISTEN to dean FW!!! He is driving you nuts but it is a big adjustment for him....I went through that last year! Now when Ds comes home, he is different again. More mature and helpful and just enjoys the time in quiet. He was a really light sleeper but now ....nothing wakes him up! The dorms do that to them. Yours will find his niche again at home. It just takes a few visits. and you WILL have grey hair until then.

Enjoy your time with Liam dean....hug him lots ....he is growing up WAY too fast!!! and yes, I will give Luke a hug for you. The temp is suppose to be close to forty tomorrow and clear skies!!! .....woo hoo!!

geesh, Dh was talking to the repair guy while I was posting and sounds like we need a new stove!
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry about the stove deb. But maybe a blessing in disguise. A new stove!! Merry Christmas to you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning everyone!! Wow!! a week from today will be from Christmas Eve!! DH and and I are flying to Kauai Thursday afternoon - we were talking about our reservations - I told him to email me the info and I would make the reservations. The 15 min. lapse in time before I made them resulted in a $50 increase each in our flights!! Ouch!!

Please don't forget to breathe FW 0 talk about a power trip of the young and foolish LOL!! He'll learn because you will teach him in your own not to be ignored style!!

Have fun with Santa Dean - these years are such treasures with the little ones!! .... and of course - the pictures as evidence of wonderful times!!

Back to work - shall check in with you all soon!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ouch indeed maui. WOW 15 min.=$50. Sure wish we could make money at that rate!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The airfare between islands is so unbelievably ridiculous as it is - ugh.
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are back from seeing Santa, both boys got lovely gifts. Liam got a remote controlled car and Rio got two fisher price trucks, a firetruck and a dump truck.
    Each child also got a pack of markers in a goodie bag-notice Liam used his red marker on his face.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for the great pictures Dean!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Precious pictures of the grandkids with Santa, Dean.

Deb C, hopefully you can find a oven on sale this time of year.

Maui, sorry about the airline rate increase.

FW, I am sure with a little prodding from mom, your son will soon settle down into your families schedules and routines.

I woke up with a horrible headache. I have taken some meds for it and just a small amount of relief after many hours, but not totally headache free.

I put the ham in the crockpot this morning. I had to squish it down a little because it was too tall. I will serve fried eggs with it and cornbread. I am out of canned biscuits and not up to making them from scratch. The cornbread is a Jiffy brand mix, so you can't get much easier than that.

Today is a no spend day. There is stormy weather outside. We had some rain, but heard that some friends of ours that live at a little higher elevation than us had some snow this morning. A good day to stay indoors.

I hope that everyone has a great afternoon.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope your headache goes away soon a2m. I can relate.

Ham dinner sounds yummy. And WTG on the no spend day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry about that headache a2m!! Cruise through the day as best you can - and don't forget to drink plenty of water!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A2M-sorry about the headache.
    Dean-nice grandkids. Prob. cuz' they have a nice grammy. And yes permanent marker walls,expensive linens from pre kids days,finishing out w/ hands-oh my the memories. Red is his color??

MM-air travel sounds lovely even though their Theives! this time of year. Enjoys the trip.

DebC-mama says get a new stove. A good investment any day. And NO I'm not buying. How old was the darn thing?

Had a rough day. Ds was wild/ Apparently drank 2 of Dh's Mikes hard lime aids while weight lifting last night. Ate all the salami. Only to claim he was hungry.OK but think of other people and yes our liquior is off limits for a nineteen year old. I found his pipe and fresh tobacco in his pocket. Told his father he quit 3 weeks ago and that it was just left in his pocket, No son I don't care if you like it I will search your stuff if I have concerns. And yes calling me names won't change that.
    We had a discussion about stealing.bad judgements,pushing limits,maturity,being arrogant and friendships,lying,burning bridges,selfishness,taking some and sharing,and rules. That if you insult peoples core values they won't like you,that religion is not stupid and that the one that yells the loudest isn't right and last but not least pseudo intellectual is a fancy name for fool and that argueing w/ one is a waste of time. I am tired and thats all the parenting corrections I can do today. He and his father got into a destructive fight and swore at each other. It wil be a long week. He made us dinner and we ate together. What a bunch of psychos?

I did manage to order Dh 2 pars of jeans and buy him a carhardt coat. He has needed a coat for 2 years now.
    You all have a great night. Thanks for letting a tired mama drop it down here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

Dean - those pictures are just precious!!! Both of their faces just crack me up. You are such a lucky lady.....I envy you soooo much, you have no idea!!!

MM - wow, what a difference in just a few minutes! I am so sorry that happened.

A2M - I hope that headache disappears! I have been waking with them lately...not fun. I hope you have a relaxing evening!

Well, $500 later and we have a new stove. The part was going to be $300 so we opted to just get a new one....but have to switch it from natural gas to propane...well it has been a pain in the a$$!!! The stovetop is now hooked up right but the oven isn't...can smell propane really bad even though it kicks on right?!!! I don't know...DFIL treated for take out but I DON'T like this at all!! Ugg..last year it was surgery for the dog at this time and now this?! We just can't win....but....I am excited for tomorrow to see Luke so all is well. We were going to pull the car in the shop, check the fluids and everything but didn't have time so I will just have to hope that all is well when I take off tomorrow morning. All should be good since I haven't used that car since I took him to school in August. Just need fresh gas... did you guys know that gas isn't good after two weeks now?!!!

I am soooo excited for Christmas...even though this year it is my brother's turn to have my Mom... she will be here on the 27th when I take Luke back...won't be the same but.... I can't wait to see Luke. I don't realize how much I miss him until I know I can see him soon. I don't know how many years I will be able to celebrate Christmas with him since he sooooo many plans once he is done school and they all have to do with him being sooo far away, so I am enjoying what I can ... now.

Well off to flip laundry...it never ends does it? Then work on the afghan from hell....

Have a great night everyone! Hugs to all!

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW - we cross posted....oh dear....yep, been there done that....you are were I was a year ago. My heart goes out to you!!! Give him a swift kick in the butt and call it a night. YOU are still Mama and STILL rule the roost!....you are paying and bills and he better appreciate it! tell him I said so!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The trials, trevails and tribulations of being a parent - or is it just mothers who bear the brunt - depends on the family I guess. So glad that you come to us to vent instead of just smacking him. Hmmmm.

Did not know that gas is not good after two weeks Deb - you ae a font of knowledge as usual!! Have a great and safe trip Deb!!

Am still working on the LR - instead of trying to organize and work around all the little projects I need to finish, I am doing them and then moving on - I will have this LR looking good by tomorrow!!

— Peter Walsh

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MM - I know that my doctor's appointment is long overdue. I don't know what he'll say. I'm very curious. I'm hoping he'll give me a puffer or something. And an x-ray. But he's the doctor. I can't tell him what to do.
    I can't believe that Christmas Eve is already a week away! Time flies when you're having fun! DH and I were discussing what we're going to do with the girls on Christmas Eve. I think we'll let them both open one gift from us. Plus we'll let them stay up 'til 10.

Dean - Sorry to hear about the sirens waking you up. You'd be glad you don't live where I do. We're about 3 blocks away from a fire station. The fire trucks are often sent out at any time of day. I used to hear them, but now I don't. haha! The only time it really catches my ear is when the windows are open or when I'm outside. I hope you weren't tired all day.
    Your pictures are precious as I'm sure you know. I like the boys' expressions. Priceless! Funny that you mention the marker. I looked at the pics before I read what you wrote, and I thought it was a cut on his face. haha!

Debbie - Sorry to hear you woke up too early thanks to your DH's coughing. Did it keep him awake at all?
    Your stove doesn't sound too healthy. I hope it gets fixed up so you don't have to smell propane for too long.
    Have fun seeing your BABY tomorrow! Only one more sleep!!

FW2 - Yes, it's my first cavity ever. Both my parents have a mouth full of fillings, so I'm not sure how I lucked out in life...switched at birth maybe? I'm not sure it's a cavity, but something doesn't feel right back there so I'm wondering if that's what it is. My gut is telling me that it is.
    Sorry to hear your DS is acting up. Just remember that he's only there for a few weeks then leaving again. He'll be gone before you know it, and you'll wish he were still with you. lol

A2M - Is your headache feeling any better?
    Great job for having a no spend day! Today wasn't a no spend for me. I bought a few things at the store.

As planned, I dropped the girls off for the Christmas play rehersal at church. I ran a couple errands for the time they were there. At Wal-Mart I bought some running shoes for myself (that I'm thinking of returning and buying better quality so they last longer), kleenex that was on sale (4 packages of 12 boxes), kid's Tylenol, warm mittens for the girls, etc. Just boring stuff really. Then I returned the outfit that I bought from Gymboree for my BIL's baby that will be born in a few months. After I bought this "generic" outfit because they "werent' going to find out the gender" they told us that they are going to find out. You can never win. So I returned it and will wait to find out the gender from the ultrasound.

DH, the girls and I had a movie night while having supper. We watched Home Alone. The girls had a blast watching it for the first time. So cute.

Then I went out to my friend's house just after 7 for her birthday. She and her friends went to a "supper club" at 10, so I went before they left to hang out with them. They were pre-drinking and chatting. I just chatted and ate some appetizers that were out. I brought a huge plate of my homemade cookies. I think I put too many on the plate since only one girl had one. I think everybody was being delicate.

Well, guess I should sign off and go to bed. Have a good night, all!
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started tracking my calories and REALLY trying on June 23rd (at 138.0 lbs)
    1st goal will be 135 lbs Reached this goal on Saturday, June 28th
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $61,482.34 (as of August 28th, 2014 - 5 years, 8 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $21,799.26(as of August 28th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $30,152.71(as of August 28th, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey