Our 2011 Self Image Challenge - Page 355
Page 355 of 373 FirstFirst ... 255305345352353354355356357358365 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 5589
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Val, I am so sorry that you have to attend a funeral on Christmas Eve. You and your family will be in my thoughts. Your friend from church sounds like a wonderful person. He is in heaven looking down on all of you now.

Deb C, so happy to hear that this time of year brings out the little boy in your son. That always makes the holidays brighter.

Merry Christmas to all. Some of you may not see these Christmas wishes until Monday after all of the festivities with your loved ones, but know that the wishes are genuine.

Polly, we know that you have been feeling under the weather for so long dear friend, but we love you and know that you are popular. I, too wish that Christmas for you could wait until you felt better.

Well, I am off to bed now. Good night to all. See you in the morning.

A2M

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2 - I do feel appreciated. It's nice to hear it and get a gift on top of it.
    Did you get to all 6 stores? I could run that many errands too if I didn't have a hundred kids hanging off my hips all day.

Debbie - Enjoying your snow today? We don't have a speckle of snow here. Woohoo! I totally don't care if we have a green Christmas! Bring it on!
    I think I've seen this thread with no posts in four hours. Sometimes I post then it feels like no one responds for hours. I want to chat, ladies! I want to chat!
    Hugs to you, Debbie! Merry Christmas!

JeanD - You sound like a busy, busy bee!

A2M - Merry Christmas to you too, A2M!

Polly - Your message box is full? Wow! I agree with the others that you are a popular woman! You have people at your doorstep begging to message you.

Valerian - Going to a funeral on Christmas Eve would be very sad. Sorry to hear about your and your church's loss.
    Santa is coming tomorrow evening? You lucky duck! How old is your youngest? I get worried about what to say when DD1 comes to me and asks me, "Is Santa real?...My friends tell me that he's not." I don't want to lie because I don't want her to think of me as a mother who lies. I'm sure she'll hear things as time goes on...especially from kids at the new Christian school who have been taught from the very beginning that he's 'not real'. Please help me with what to say in advance! I don't want to lie, but I don't want to ruin the magic of Christmas in her dear little heart.
    We watched "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" this evening with the girls. Not really a Christmas movie, but since DD1 just finished reading the book we thought she'd enjoy watching the movie. And she did. We watched the older version with Gene Wilder in it. Crazy hair he had in that movie!

Dean - Have a great time tomorrow with those that you love! Christmas is such a special time of year.

Gapeach - Valentine's stuff out already? Seriously? What a crazy world we live in! Why don't they just put out Easter stuff and get a head start on that too!

Hugs to all! Merry Christmas to all!

I guess I should go to bed now instead of chatting. 12:20 a.m. is too late to be chatting on Frugal Village. Just wanted to hop on and see what's happening with you wonderful ladies!

Have a good night! Only 2 more sleeps 'til we see what Santa left under the tree!

Here's something I saw today. Really enjoyed it! Gave me goosebumps actually! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnt7euRF5Pg&feature=share"]Christmas Flash Mob by Journey of Faith at South Bay Galleria - official video - YouTube[/ame]
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started tracking my calories and REALLY trying on June 23rd (at 138.0 lbs)
    1st goal will be 135 lbs Reached this goal on Saturday, June 28th
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $62,448.31 (as of July 31st, 2014 - 5 years, 9 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $18,578.72 (as of July 31st, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $30,444.83 (as of July 31st, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Qm-thx needed that. The christmas crap got it the way of the Christ this year.

Speaking of which
    I went to S.A. and got the pockets t's for Ds and several amazing 75% off christmas deals

Got the 2 nightgowns (only had 2 in my size) at Kohls

Skipped Sams for the towels
    Skipped Big Lot s for the returns-after xmas

Target-had no scratching posts or yogi coats

Bass pro-got the thermal genetically engineered wicks sweat away long johns,carhardt gloves,reversible face hood thingy, and ordered a green hooded fleece lined zip and snap large carhardt coat for Ds. (2 weeks on that)

Got home and DD was flipping out again and everything in the world was my fault and I'm a bleep. She's been doing it all week. Time for depression meds again. I'm tired of holding my tongue while she accuses me of things I was thinking and criticizing her. Tonight I started to say wait I think I have things in the dryer and she started yellin'. Enough stress from the holidays w/o that. Just weary tonight.
    Have to groc. shop tomorrow,finish cleaning the MIL,make the stockings (DH said its the best part of christmas-so make me one once?)
    I guess we will open christmas eve and eat cold plate. I think the mom should get drunk and everyone else have to do all the work.lol that would be something. I will take my grumpy wumpy and definately frumpy self to bed .
    Merry christmas everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Drink one for me FW!!!!!

2 pumpkin pies in the oven, cheese cake made, mac salad made, potato salad made, cheese tray made, ham in the oven, turkey ready for the fryer, all's right in my world!

Deb- please send me some pics of the snow by the barn. I need a white Christmas and I love your barn!

Polly-even if Christmas was 2 weeks away-would we be ready???
    Merry Christmas my friends!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the grump. I am sick this morning.
    DD got back at one am. She had a good time w/ BF for exchange. He got her skyrim and loved the tools she got him.
    Dmom is going to Dbros for xmas eve. I guess we will go over between christmas and new years.
    Sorry Dean don't really drink.your on your own. Sounds like your ready anyway.

Merry christmas everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't either FW, that's why I was hoping someone would do it for me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Merry Christmas Eve morning everyone!

Woo hoo!! It's almost here!

QM - when it came time for Ds to know the truth about Santa, this is what I said.....Santa IS real. He lives in all of our hearts. He is not the Santa that goes door to door each year leaving presents...his job is much more important than that so the parents leave the presents. Santa's job is to put the love of Christmas in everyone's hearts. He works hand in hand with Jesus. ......then I used an example.... You know when Christmas is coming close and everyone you meet seems happy and they are smiling and saying Merry Christmas?....that is Santas job. To make everyone happy and excited about Jesus' birth. So he might not be the one who delivers the presents.....his is much more important. Until a child is old enough to understand what Santas real job is, then parents say that he is the one who delivers the gifts. Now that you are old enough to understand, you have learned the real meaning of Christmas. .....then I told my Ds the story of St Nicholas since he was a real person and did deliver toys. .....it worked wonderfully for my Ds growing up and he proudly still states that there is a Santa Claus! Hope that helps.

FW - sounds like your DD is stressed! I hope she chills out and enjoy Christmas! I will have a baileys in my coffee for you Christmas morning.

Dean - okay, just for you, I will take a picture of the barn. will do it this afternoon and post this evening. Like you I have pies to bake. . I will have a second baileys in my morning coffee just for you too but then that's it or dinner won't be made tomorrow!

Well bet get my butt in gear! I'm not like dean, up early and get everything done before 7am!

Have a great day everyone! Hugs to all!

BBL
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks deb. I knew I could count on you!!!!!

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christmas Eve has finally arrived! Tonight is the night for ole' Santa to make his presence!

Dean - As always, you sound like one busy woman! Your food sounds delicious!

FW2 - Totally don't mind you being a grump! No use in hiding your feelings on this thread. We're all here for you. Sorry your daughter was being an a$$ yesterday. Does she go off and on her depression meds regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    Santa IS real. He lives in all of our hearts. He is not the Santa that goes door to door each year leaving presents...his job is much more important than that so the parents leave the presents. Santa's job is to put the love of Christmas in everyone's hearts. He works hand in hand with Jesus.......
    I like your explanation...I truly do. I just don't think that I could put Santa and Jesus on the same pedestal and say that they work hand in hand together. The only 'real' One that can live in people's hearts is Jesus. Jesus alone. I don't want to mix up the Truth in their heads. Not saying that you did. I just have this horrible moral and spiritual dilemma I need to work through before I get to that point and have to answer 'the question'. KWIM? I should ask my parents what they told us. I know that even though from a certain point on (age 5 or 6) I knew in my heart Santa 'wasn't real' I still imagined and believed. That's what I'm hoping happens with the girls. I don't want their magic to be snuffed.

Polly - Did you kids ever believe in Santa?
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started tracking my calories and REALLY trying on June 23rd (at 138.0 lbs)
    1st goal will be 135 lbs Reached this goal on Saturday, June 28th
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $62,448.31 (as of July 31st, 2014 - 5 years, 9 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $18,578.72 (as of July 31st, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $30,444.83 (as of July 31st, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, yes and no. No for our oldest, I just never could get myself to tell him something that wasn't true. We had lots of Christmas magic though, and we learned about the real Santa. He went and sat on Santa's lap, wrote Santa letters each year. He thought it was fun to play pretend. But in all honesty we focused on the birth of Christ more than anything else. He seems none the worse for wear and does not feel like he missed anything.

5 years later, when we had our youngest we toyed with the idea of Santa Clause. We finally decided to tell him what was more in line with the truth then the Santa Clause story, which was that his Dad was Santa Clause for our family. Unfortunately he completely misunderstood (we didn't realize ) He thought his Dad WAS Santa Clause and in kindergarten was ready to defend that "truth" to his death. Whew! What a mess. After a long sit down, and the story of Santa, and how each family had their own Santa, because Santa lived a long time ago. Which we had told before, but did not realize he did not understand. He finally understood, and was sworn to secrecy, so as not to ruin it for other kids. In hind sight we could have done a lot better explaining Christmas and Santa to our youngest from the very beginning, but we honestly thought he got it. Good thing they don't give out stupid parent awards.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Qm-we tried only fall thru until spring because they are so hard on you and thats the hardest time. she is just emotionally bouncing right now. And is kinda weird and lazy about things. Like the dishwasher acting up so no dishes done-like do them by hand-I don't know how. She can look up everything else on utube?lol I am medicating and feeding and brushing(constant huge job),she doesnt pay rent so the dishes are instead of,but everyday I have to fight about it. I told her stay off the internet today and NO constant trill of the texts either. I just get furious when the sweat is rolling off me and I complain I'm getting dizzy from working and she WATCHES. She is hiding many things from this boyfriend like that she hates kids,never wants any,is athiest,and has depression prob. She told me the other day she wants no kids at her wedding.I said but he comes from a family of 9. There are 100's of kids. clueless. She told me the other day animals dont belong in the house and that she is sick of cats?? I think she is greatly influenced but not to talking to us poorly I hope. IDK. I want to quit. kids and christmas. Ignore me. I am just fried.

Got the living rm,hall,front vestibule and stairs vaccumed,going to mop the MIL and head to the grocery. pffft. Humbug.lol

QM-santa-my Ds knew long before I told him and kept it up for more gifts-stinker!
    I think a kid at school told DD who also kept it to herself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so behind QM, just watched the Christmas flash mob. AWESOME!!! Reminds me of how we used to Christmas carols, you know I have a mob of cousins, right? Well I do, tons of them. When we were kids all my Grandmothers children, and their children and even their children lived all lived but a stones throw from each other. We all used to practice for weeks ahead and then we'd go out Christmas caroling. It was every single year, the night before Christmas Eve. Had a great time. We used to visit a live nativity, and go to candle light service on Christmas Eve. Christmas supper always had, still does, a Happy Birthday Jesus cake. We sing happy birthday to Jesus, and there were gifts for Jesus.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Woo Hoo! Dean! I swear I live vicariously through you.

And you're right, adding more time probably would not change anything.

Taking a break and sipping a cup of hot black tea. Macaroni salad is done, clothes in washer, talked with GF, she's added things. She making a pork roast, au jus, and a gravy, so I need to pull the gravy boat out. She wants mashed potatoes so I'll make mashed potatoes tomorrow. She's bring some special Italian wine so I need to get the wine glasses back down and rewash again. *insert circus music here*

Next on my list

~make rice krispie treats
    ~make cherry crisp to take over to in-laws tonight
    ~make scones for tomorrow
    ~make coating for honeybaked ham copy cat for tomorrow
    ~make 2 gallons of iced tea & a gallon and a half of kool-aide
    ~wrap puzzles

But first, hot tea, a breathing treatment, and I think I'll put up my feet and close my eyes for just bit. Only 4 hours or so till I need to be ready to go.

I guess my next list will have to wait till I get home from in-laws. I've got chairs to come in, a kid's table to set up, floors to be swept, a bathroom that needs a once over, trash to go out, a kitchen floor to wash, a quick clutter pick up, a kitchen wipe down, a quick dusting of furniture, I know there's more...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ham is out of the oven, rolls are in the oven, turkey fryer is set up, meatballs are in the crock pot.
    DD#1 is in from Palmyra. Sun is shining, is it really Christmas eve?
    Everyone will be here at 3 and the unwrapping will begin. Then we'll eat, then we'll just moan around stuffed and enjoy each others company. Liam is in charge of passing out the gifts. A job he has been waiting anxiously for.
    Tomorrow dh and I do the turkey and stuffing, and cole slaw for dinner at ds' house. Then we get to come home alone and veg.
    Then it's start planning for next year.
    Actually it's planning for Rio's 1st birthday on Jan.7th and his baptism on Jan. 8th.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is hard to read in piece meal and remember everything. I read some posts when first getting up, some before breakfast, some after breakfast and some while holding my cat who wanted attention so I couldn't type. Now cat is sound asleep, so I will first of all say a big Merry Christmas to all.

Polly, I so wish that I could be your little helper and help you with the baking and finishing last touches before your company arrives tomorrow. I have the time to do that only my arms are not long enough to reach across several states to help you out. I am however thinking of you and praying for all here as they put the last minutes touches to their holiday efforts.

Deb C, enjoy your special morning coffee. I would be useless the rest of the day if I started my day with a special coffee like that. I am such a light weight that way. 1/2 a cup and I would be asleep.

QM, May this be a special holiday for your family. Oh fond memories of Christmas as a child. Also fond memories of our girl scout troop going into several neighborhoods caroling where there was no ban on the good ole time Christmas carols.

FW, so sorry that you are sick. Such rotten timing for you and the others here that are under the weather. I wish that I could lend you a helping hand too, to make today and tomorrow easier for you.

Dean, you gotta share a picture of dear grandson's face when he opens his pocket quilt.

I know that I will miss someone if I list everyone, just know that my Christmas wishes go out to all of you.

A2M