Our 2011 Self Image Challenge - Page 356
Page 356 of 373 FirstFirst ... 256306346353354355356357358359366 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5589
    Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peanut butter krispies done, double batch. *sigh* feel myself slowing down.

Scones are next

Thanks A2M, I'd take that help right now. Shame we don't live close. LOL! Instead I'll just take your prayers.

Val, so sorry you have to attend a funeral today.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First tray of scones in the oven. Cinnamon raisin scones, brushed with cream and sprinkled with sugar, loaded with butter. Oh my they look yummy! I sure hope they taste as good as they look.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That sounds yummy Polly! I am sure that they will be delicious. Prayers have been said for you since I cannot be there in person to help you.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

QM - oh I never put Santa and Jesus on the same pedestal....there is NO comparison...I guess it is difficult to explain over the net and with just typing...I am sure all will work out fine when you have to explain it to DD.

dean - sounds like the fun is beginning at your house! You exchange gifts tonight? I guess, since you will be at Ds's tomorrow....sorry, kinda in a fog today! Attached are the pics you wanted....it is almost 40 degrees and sunny today so the snow is slowly melting! Yippee!... I kinda feel like QM today....keep the snow away!

A2M - Have a Merry Christmas!!!

FW - geez, I hope you can relax girl!! You have been going strong for months now. Christmas is upon us so what is done is done...everything else....well, to heck with it! I hope you have a great evening!

Had to run to Walmart for potatoes...dang, thought I had everything but of course I miss the tators....I was sooo surprised that it was dead in there!!!! No lines, no people, nothing. Either everyone shopped early or no one has any money!

I love the picture of the old white shed...always seems to look nice....although it IS falling apart! Notice the attached outhouse is missing this year... Ds tore it apart last summer and did an achaeology dig through it...sounds yuckky but after 60 years it was awesome black dirt!!! He found lots of dishes, bottles, jewelery and other odds and ends in the dirt....really pretty cool!

Okay, gotta run...an older couple we know just walked in the door bearing gifts...gotta make up a cookie tray for them...this is really unexpected!!!

BBL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sept No Spend Days - 7 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 223 /365
    2014 Sept Gas Challenge - $68.50 / $120
    Sept Keep Fit - 725 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks to all who have wished Merry Christmas wishes to me.

Deb C, I love the pictures that you just posted.

I can't wait to see little Liam's picture of him with his pocket quilt.

The football game is on at our house, and dear cat is asleep and not either sitting in front of the computer monitor or walking all over the keyboard, so I am treating myself to some computer time. She is a funny one, but we love her. She will be 15 years old in two months.

Val, thinking of you and your family today as you attend the funeral of your dear friend from church.

I'll check in later.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Merry Christmas Eve Evening everybody! LOL! Everyone sounds busy. I'm taking a break for a while...feeling a bit dizzy so came upstairs to relax with my laptop.

The funeral was sad, but actually more joyful if you know what I mean. This man walked with God every day of his life and various pastors and friends and family told so many stories about him that I'd never heard before. There was a lot of laughter probably because Mr. G was so funny and prone to playing a practical joke from time to time. He was always smiling although I know he had to be suffering some since he had adrenal and lung cancer. Neither of those two things killed him though. He had a massive stroke last Friday night and a mild heart attack at the same time. He was on life support til 10:30 a.m. on Sunday and then held on, breathing on his own until 2:10Wed. afternoon although the doctor said that there was no way he'd breathe on his own or wake up. Well, he didn't wake, but he breathed for himself until God decided it was time for him to go. Anyway, we all know where he's at now so it was rather a joyful celebration today. Just think about walking in the presence of our Lord...doesn't that make you smile?

Dinner was great at my parents' house and we invited ds19's friend over (you know, the one who's Mother ran off and left him without a car even). I feel very sorry for him so I bought him a stocking ahead of time and filled it and wrapped a big bottle of his favorite drink, and packed him up a Christmas tin with some of all the cookies I made this week (I actually baked seven things I believe including fudge and Italian seasoned pecans). I wrapped all of the stuff in his stocking so it would be more fun. I didn't have any money hardly left so I only got him hard candy, the big drink, chocolate candy bars, Pringles, and a great-smelling body wash. He thanked me and said that he wasn't expecting anything and he unwrapped it all after dinner. I kind of wanted him to have it to open tomorrow though, but it WAS his gifts and he didn't want to wait. Now I feel so sad though 'cause it was so little and I wanted to get him more stuff like maybe something fun to play with or something. He just turned 20 in October and will be alone tomorrow with no gifts. Makes me want to cry really. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't save the world.I didn't even buy my own kids much, but they'll be getting more than he will which if I hear one negative word, I'm going to remind them of! Sometimes they can act greedy which I don't like at all! I also gave him a bag of food from the food pantry which he was tickled about. He and my ds have been friends since they met in Christian school in 6th grade.

Anyway, I've got to check on some things...hope Santa is good to all of you! Merry Christmas my dear friends!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you so much for the pics deb. I don't know why I love that old barn so much. But I do.
    Everyone just left. I'm beat. I took a ton of pics, but they will have to wait til tomorrow. I'm getting into my nightgown and relaxing with a glass of egg nog. Straight. No liquor. Merry Christmas and to all a good night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good night everyone! I will feed the cat in a few minutes then early to bed. I will get on the computer to say Merry Christmas to everyone in the morning.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Christmas morning to you all and a very merry and blessed Christmas Day to all of you!

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning everyone and merry christmas to all of you. I just want to say i have valued each and everyone of you this last year. And that each one of you enrich my life in some valuable way.

We had a lovely christmas eve. We opened all the gifts and very nice community together. Everyone loved everything. Just ate cold plate and snacks.
    After that we had DOG christmas. I got them S.A. tie blankets and lots of .25 stuffies and each a plastic jar of cookies. Old Beagle got to be in w/ us while we opened and he got a cold plate too! He's about 14ish so YA Know.
    Then we has CAT christmas and put the dogs outside. We got them stoned on nip and fed them treats. WAY FUNNY. Ols Russian blue mix chases everything in sight. (is that mean?)

Well, now for the news. Remember how DS came home like a tiger on speed. And I have been grumpy and actually teary (which I attributed to over tired). Well my kids and I are very connected (wont say psychic but..).
    A letter came that Ds in academically suspended. He went in on probation. Was sick during finals and didn't make all C's. He going to appeal. And we never got his grades from Comm.Coll. transferred but I am so sad for him. Now we have to drive 7 hrs. to get his stuff,get my $2700. back,meet w/ his R.A. and pay for more car inx. I am just reeling. I have not told Grandma yet. She lent $5000. He will have to find employment for a year and reapply. I am glad (delighted) to have him back but not like this.
    Lots of details to work out.

In other news my mom seems to have a throat infection and her leg is acting up badly to the point of waking her up at night. Prayers please. She turned 79 on the 23rd of Dec. Not a nice gift.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with you FW, that everyone here is very special and valuable to me and has enriched my life, even though I have only been posting for a few months on the SI thread.

So sorry to hear about your mom and your ds. Prayers going out to them and your entire family.

I am glad that everyone liked their gifts.

Enjoy, the rest of the day.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I know I posted early this morning but for some reason, it didn't show up??? Hmmm.

I hope everyone has enjoyed their morning, whatever and whomever you are with.

Like FW, I have appreciated all of you so much this year. All of you are very close to my heart.

FW - prayers for you Mom going up...so sad and not a nice way to spend Christmas....in pain. So sorry to hear about Ds. I hope when he appeals they will listen to him and agree with the appeal. Maybe the year working will help him when he returns....I was glad when my Ds waited to go until he was 20..those couple of years after highschool convinced him that he really needed to go and appreciate why he was there. Your Ds will learn alot in the year working. I bet you are happy that he will be at home...but like you said not for those reasons. I got a big chuckle out of you getting your kitties stoned. Tigger, our older one will just fall asleep and the younger one will spin around in circles. Sooo funny to watch! Have a Merry Christmas!

Off to get some lunch ready....enough of the snacking on goodies....I will be gaining all the weight back I lost if I am not careful!

BBL....

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Polly - I love your story of the goof-up with teaching your youngest boy that his dad was Santa Clause....then going to school and telling other kids that his dad was Santa Clause. Love it! That's what you get for being too honest I guess.
    I'm glad you liked the Christmas flash mob video. Pretty neat, eh? What a great way to sing in public about Jesus and get away with it. Was nice to see all the onlookers.
    All your baking sounded delicious! Yum! Throw a few baked goods thru the computer at me please...will ya?

FW2 - Your dd's boyfriend will figure out pretty soon that she "hates kids, never wants any, is athiest and has a depression problem". I wouldn't worry too much about it. Once they get to know each other better those things won't/can't be hidden.
    As soon as you knew your kids knew there wasn't any Santa you stopped getting them Santa gifts? Your babies! haha!
    DH and I just got caught up in the Season Finale of Terra Nova this afternoon while the girls played with their toys and played on Webkinz. Do you think they'll bring out another season next September? I keep asking DH the same question, and he doesn't know.
    I really liked your "dog Christmas" and "cat Christmas". So cute! We gave our puppy her stocking (we told the girls that we were going to fill the her stocking because Santa doesn't give gifts to animals). DH thought she'd just sit around and "like" all the gifts. She liked them by grabbing them one at a time and racing them to her bed by the foyer bathroom. Very funny to watch. She must have liked what we gave her.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your DS's school dilemma. If he doesn't get it sorted out with his appeal, please relax in knowing it wasn't his time yet. Maybe with this extra year (or possibly more) he'll mature enough to go back to school with more vigor to get his schooling done to the very best of his ability.
    Also sending up prayers for your mother in healing and comfort during this challenging time.

Dean - Amazing that Rio is already almost 1! Time flies when you're having fun!
    Look forward to seeing some pics!

A2M - I wish I could be Polly's little helper too. We could be like little elves helping Mrs. Clause in the kitchen!

Debbie - That's weird that Wal-Mart was so dead in the store yesterday. Maybe people are holding onto their hard-earned money for the wonderful Boxing Day sales after Christmas. Oh ya! The States doesn't do Boxing Day...do they? K. Maybe everybody just ran out of money.
    Thanks for sharing those three pictures of your barn. I don't know which of the three pics I like the best. They are all so pretty.
    I, too, have been so bad in the snacking department. We're going to my parents house to tomorrow and having Christmas with them and my sister, her hubby and their three kids. I've got to keep it in moderation tomorrow, and then I need to lay off the goodies and treats for the next week until we visit the in-laws next weekend. I'll be onboard with the 2012 Lose-A-Pound Challenge...I guarantee it!

Val - That was so nice of you to give your DS's friend a stocking. I'm sure he'll always remember it. Try not to feel sad that you didn't get him more stuff. You can't save the world, but feel confident that you brightened his Christmas Eve.

I, like FW2, want to thank you wonderful ladies for always being there for me and chatting with me each and every day. It's always wonderful to feel the support behind me in this journey of wife, mother, daughter, etc.

I forgot to share with a pic of the gingerbread house the girls and I decorated two nights ago. I'll post it below.

Last night we let the girls stay up late and play games, eat goodies and watch The Little Drummer Boy. Even though they both went to bed around 11 p.m., DD1 was up around 7! I want her to go to bed early tonight. DH is working on supper, then after supper we're going to watch the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

DH has to work tomorrow, but he's quite sure he'll be able to make it to my parents' house for Christmas at 1 p.m. Then we'll have lunch...then exchange presents. My youngest niece I've never met before even though she's about 16 or 17 months old. That's what happens when you live too far away. haha!

Gotta run! DH wants me to walk our puppy before it's time to eat supper. Since he's the one slaving away in the kitchen, I think it's a fair exchange.

BBL!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started tracking my calories and REALLY trying on June 23rd (at 138.0 lbs)
    1st goal will be 135 lbs Reached this goal on Saturday, June 28th
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $60,922.02 (as of September 10th, 2014 - 5 years, 8 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $21,631.26 (as of September 10th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $29,851.53 (as of September 10th, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Qm-thank you regarding Ds's school. While I am encouraging him to appeal i highly doubt it will work. While he was very sick he didn't go to the hosp. or even the Dr.. He did attend Comm. Coll. and never sent the grades so that is his ONLY hope. I found out that while he can attend Comm. Coll. again he still may not be able to get back in. The Comm Coll. grades from now on will NOT help his average at Northern U. Such a shame he made tons of friends and loved the area. But growing up time I guess. Hard lessons are hard to learn. We will hash it out in the coming weeks but not on Christmas. He is different though. More mature than when he left.Thats worth something. He already talking about doing the plaster job in his room I started. I just pity the fact of trying to find anything in Jan. in this economy.

DH is off to himself today so I
    -washed DD's new sheets and my new blanket
    -threw out the old coupons
    -sorted out and threw out the old cookie sheets

kinda strange now that the kids arent young. Dbro is at his mil's after her DH's passing recently. and Dmom is sick. Dh's mom didn't want to celebrate and is mostly out of it anyway.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cute gingerbread house QM! Glad you had a great Christmas...don't even MENTION the snacking! I have done nothing but eat!!!!!! No, the States doesn't do Boxing Day but Walmart does put there Christmas things on clearance so I will definitely be checking it out tomorrow. .... have to start the gift box for Christmas 2012 you know!

FW - Yeah, it is different isn't it since the kids are older...not the same. If only we could magically turn back the clock....even if just for a day.

Dinner's done, dishes done, now trying to digest the food in my stomach! I still want pie but thinking that maybe 10,000 calories was enough for one day!

BBL.....