Frugal Village Forums banner

Our 2011 Self Image Challenge

199K views 6K replies 51 participants last post by  madhen 
#1 ·
It's been amazing to see how far everyone has come in 2010! And the friendship and camraderie in this thread is awesome....it's going to be a wonderful 2011 for all of us, let the 2011 Self Image Challenge begin!

#4 ·
i'm working on hiding my burn scars, trying mederma first

:wave:

#9 ·
Yep, in with both feet. See you here January 1, 2011. :)

#40 ·
*giggles* *snort* *giggles*

The first time I read this I read bartender instead of banter! Cracked me up, I was thinking bartender? *snort*

Reactions: frugalwarrior2
#15 ·
I would like to join you all in this thread. I definately suffer from low self esteem and lack of confidence. I need to work on accepting myself and doing the little things that make me feel as if I am "worth it". Thanks for this thread and for always listening! It is easy when you work from home to jump on the PC with the first cup of coffee in your PJs. Then the day gets away from you and guess who presents an ugly surprise to the UPS delivery man! LOL. So my first goal will be to get up a half hour earlier, shower and dress before hitting the PC to start the day. I am sure I will feel better if I am at least groomer and presentable before DH comes home from work! LOL

#20 ·
I am in! This is my last challenge, but it
wouldn't be right without it ;-)

#22 ·
I definitely never thought of this as a challenge - but then I guess that life really is one. For me it's a process - something that I'm better at sometimes than at others!!

The support here is awesome and amazing!! As are all of the people!!

#25 ·
I would definitely like to join this challenge. This is one of my New Year goals.
I used to work in management and wore suites and heels daily. I dressed and looked nice. Fast forward 2 more children, stay at home mom for 8 yrs which equates to adding 40lbs, staying in pjs most days ( youngest started Kindergarten this year), my wardrobe consists mostly of items that have my childrens school or sports teams on them, I only wear make up when I go out of the house and don't spend much time on my hair.
This is GOING to change!! My first goal is to get up earlier than the kids and shower, dress, apply makup and fix myself up for the day. I think I wil feel better. 2nd goal is to not wear sweatshirts or logo shirts more than 2 times a week. Baby steps here.

#27 ·
I so hear ya!! I don't give myself too much crap for wearing tee-shirts, sweat pants and sweat shirts, and jeans. It's just comfortable to me and I feel fine in it..what I don't like is the habit of not putting on my makeup and doing my hair everyday.

Every time I leave the house I always flat iron my bangs and it takes about 30 seconds. But for some reason I let them curl all funky when I stay home. :laugh: I guess somethings seem like such a chore, but really it's not.

Also I have a spanking brand new treadmill that is collecting dust!

Cheers to a new year everyone!:chug:

#26 ·
Glad you''re joining us Parksfamily5 - sounds as if you will fit in just fine!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.