90 days to better health
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 90 days to better health

I had a three month visit with my doctor today to go over my latest blood work. The numbers are not looking good.

For too many years now I have been bouncing back and forth but never fully commiting myself to the lifestyle I need to support my health.

So I am making a public FV challenge to myself to set a strong foundation for better health - and to do it for the next 90 days and see what the testing results are.

Daily goals:

Exercise
    64 oz. water
    7 veggies/fruit
    Meditation
    No white rice, breads, potatoes
    Minimal to no sugars
    Medication
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go MM.

We will be watching.................

I didn't see anything about SODA in that list? Has that been kicked??? That would help all the numbers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Truthfully - soda is way down - very minimal - replaced with water. Need to change this behavior too. Mahalo, that's what friends are for.
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

go maumi!do you do yoga along w/ the meditation?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You CAN do this! I started my 90 day endeavor to improve my health, lower my BP, cholesterol, blood sugar, and lose weight on December 8. To date I have lost 15 lbs and my BP is lower (I check it at home). I am looking forward to my followup visit with the doctor in early March.

He SAID he didn't think I could do it! I am out to prove him wrong.

FYI - I am using Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. It has a food and exercise diary. It has a database with tons of food with nutritional values in it already and the ability to enter your own recipes. I am tracking my calories, CARBS, fat, protein, cholesterol, and sodium.

It has helped me to learn what a portion size is and makes me aware of every thing I put in my mouth. This is a lifetime change for me. So it is a learning process. But I have improved SO much in 45 days already!

GOOD LUCK! I am here for you!
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also wanted to say, eating a BALANCED diet is important. Also totally denying yourself things that you like isn't a good idea. Because when you fall off, you tend to fall off big time. TRY not to make lots of big changes all at once.

I am trying to make healthier choices and make existing recipes that I like healthier without having to cut them out of my life entirely. I REFUSE to give up my coffee.

Taking little steps in this journey should make it possible to stick with these changes forever. I am NOT on a diet. I am changing the way I eat!
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go, Maui! (I know there is a WTG button, but this deserved a post) Excellent tips, savy, thank you. I will be following you as well, trying to encourage whenever I can!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ack! Maui, I think you just eliminated 80% of my diet with the carbohydrate restriction!

Good for you for making yourself your #1 project. I know you can do it!!

I post a daily "to-do" list on my blog. I have found that writing it down every day, so I can strike it through when accomplished, REALLY helps me to do the things I might otherwise put off. Yesterday, for example, I was thinking about skipping the morning push-ups and sit-ups, but then I added it to my to-do list, and suddenly, it didn't feel optional anymore.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lisa - I've never done yoga - but think it would fit in well - seems very gentle. Any suggestions for yoga that you have done?

Mary - am really excited to have you paving the way on your own journey. Totally agree with your comments - and they totally need to be said and repeated as we go through these new directions in our lives.

Mahalo Shellie. I really appreciate support - needed to learn late in life to ask for it and I am so glad of that learning!!

Madhen - I was thinking of just doing a blog, but decided I wanted to go more public -on FV- with this. However, now that you mention it - perhaps I could use my blog as another focusing centered piece - as you said - once you write something down it doesn't seem so formidable.

Mahalo friends for support, advice and sharings.
    Started my day meditating and it felt great!! Cut my oranage and now ready for breakfast and the rest of my day!! Hope we all have good ones!!

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i absolutely LOVE yoga! i do the power basics or vinyasa. enjoy both! community classes are also good. yoga just makes you feel good! i have not lost weight, but have taken off some inches. strange...isnt it? you just start to feel very good! i highly recommend it! although it is not on the "frugal list"..kindof on the pricey side, but, that being said, feeling good, and calmer is all worth it. give it a shot and let me know your thoughts...good luck to you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo for the ideas Lisa - I think I have a yoga video (yes it's that old) that I may put on and see how it goes.

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, actually I was suggesting you do both.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck, MM. You can do this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Palooka. Feel as if this is a day of progress - I did drive home another route so as not to go by a McDs - this is the perfect day for an icecream cone - but I did have a small bowl of snowman jello this morning. - think I still came out on the plus side.

— Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How's it goin, Maui!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast