Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 101
Page 101 of 347 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I finally have a great excuse for not posting... I have strep throat. My throat feels awful this afternoon even after 2 day of antibotics. Doctor said it should feel better within 3 to 4 days of starting meds. Its eases up at times, but its really hurting right now.
    I'm praying I didn't infect anyone. I thought it was allergies & went into work for several days w/my sore throat. And of course this was the weekend I visited my sis. Plus, my mom & dad stopped by on Sunday. Praying I didn't infect them or anyone else when I was out run errands. Honestly, I felt better on Sunday. Guess I should have stayed in & rested over the weekend.
    The upside to strep (yes, there is one) its curbed my appetite. Eating much smaller meals & snacking a lot less. Gotta look for the silver lining. Oh & the extra rest that I don't have to feel guilty about. Not sure why others seem to frown over someone needing over 5 hrs of sleep a night, but its OK when you're sick. I'm a 9hrs a night person anyway. Slacker or not, its what works for me. Haven't been sleeping well for several weeks though. But that's another post.
    Anyway, I hope everyone here is stay well & getting extra rest to ward off any ailments. Hope to catch up w/everyone really soon.

November Groceries $76/300 Pet Supplies $120/140
    Coupons $21.85
    October Groceries $281/280 Pet Supplies $148/130
    Coupons $23.14
    Coupon Saving 2014 $407.27
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

JanieD-sorry to hear about the strep.
    Madkat-glad you had fun w/ your folks. Nice they brought something to help out. I have felt like that w/ Dh's work at times w/ the travel esp. after his accident but I fight to curb saying anything too. It does get a bit easier after the kids are older but sometimes not.

Hit the S.A. today to distract myself from my dogs' surgery tomorrow.(so very stressed-prayers accepted). Found the original vaccumn I got as a wedding shower gift 26 years ago-that i still have. It is a hoover and has a new belt,newer bag and sound fine. Cord looks great. If nothing else I'll part it out,I even have bags. i use the other one to clean up construction messes and such. Lucky find $13.99.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello to all!

Janie, so sorry about your strep throat. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Madkat, so sorry that you dh will be gone so much this year. Glad that you enjoyed your parents visit.

FW, prayers for you as you wait on your dogs surgery. I get a nervous wreck too when it comes to my pets. What a great deal at the SA on the vacuum.

I did some scouring today and then took a two hour nap this afternoon.

Not too anxious about dinner. I cooked a value pack of chicken 2 days ago and dh informed me that he is very tired of chicken. There is tons left. Will see if FIL agrees to chicken for dinner. I will have some too. I guess that dh will have a sandwich.

Everyone have a good evening.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jane i am so glad u are on antibotics and it should get better streph hurts so bad ..hugs hope u didn't infect anybody else

fw prayers for your doggie and hope he comes through fine..oh way to go about the part vac... that will be helpful if u ever need it.

a2m everybody is tired of chicken..hugs sweetie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A2M-thank you. Dh is not a big chicken fan either. But there are so many ways to cook it he has it occasionally like or not.

Oh'smom-thank you. I am currently unconsolable and trying hard to keep busy.
    Gave Yogi a rinse as our yard is a pigpen w/ mud,mud,water and mud! He is a chore on a good day. He was just hyper and annihilated Dh's bath. But DH was good about it and dried him for me in between worl crisises. I have to start clearing space in this room and my feet are unwilling! I better just buck up though. like it or not!

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Evening Ladies

Sending lots of family prayers, pet family prayers, parent prayers, loved ones far from us prayers, school prayer, work prayers and health prayers. I can't possibly respond to all posts, and we've no buttons so you know I've read and feel for all of you. So know that I'm praying for all. for all.

Been sort of busy. Getting prepared for garden season, canning season. Lots of research, and gathering of information, recipes, etc.

Trying to get my closet/dressing room worked on. Realized I need to put a single bed in there. I'll squeeze it in somehow. My Mom is no longer able to care for herself after surgeries. No matter what she believes. I'm going to have to force my child/parent rights.

Ordered a canner. I'm afraid, but I'm going to push past the fear and do what's got to be done. I've found many recipes, but what I find most fascinating is the idea that I just may be able to pack jars with raw fruits and vegetables, and meats and just process. The idea of such little work in preserving food is not just unbelievable, but very desirable.

Also using my down hours to work out craft projects that I'm behind on. I'm so slow with those kinds of things. I have part of supplies for the Christmas ornament exchange ready. The most frugal ever. Keeping it very simple, very light, flat as per your request Maui. I've two heavy boxes complete with packing material for my coaster & glass sets. Should have at least 10 boxes prior to Christmas. I've got my booties/slippers begun, takes me forever. I don't know how you ladies whip through stuff. I've pajamas in the future planned.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well good golly miss polly. Your on a good roll.
    Jealous of the canner and i desperately need to learn too. Unfortunately,the kitchen is still a rolling disaster and now dog care. Good luck,please post trial and errors if you would. I would be grateful.
    As far as the bed=awesome. I want to do that for DH's restless leg nights.
    And just wow on the xmas prep. They won't get you next Dec.!

Got my head together a little. Ds helped clear a lot of the room and i will mop tomorrow to keep me busy. Thanks for the pet prayers. Darn dog has wormed his way so far into my heart in 8 months. He just has such a sweet soul ,its so unfair.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I guess I missed something. What kind of surgery is Mackey having? I'm praying for him and you and the vet. Please let me know what's wrong with him. I am so behind reading posts, my days are filled with so much that I don't have much free time anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

gaP-he has blown out his knee. It is a painful surgery w/ a long recovery. He is 80 plus pounds and It will be difficult to care for him. This whole situation is breaking my brain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our last dog, a cocker spaniel, had to have surgery on both of his knees. It was painful for him but he bounced back much quicker than the vet had expected. He was very overweight and had a cholesterol problem. But we all got thru it. We have an 80 lb Lab that is very active. If his knees go out I will be in trouble as I can't lift him by myself. I will be praying for him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I promise, I will post. Failures and successes. Bought a very inexpensive pressure canner, no gauge. I had wants for Christmas money, decided I wanted to eat. LOL! So I still got a want.

Bed needed, just need to find one for free. There's the rub. But it's got to be. My Mom just won't be still, and she's so frail anymore.

Puppy prayers always, I understand how you feel.

I hope not (Christmas) But I'm so slow on all that stuff. Need to get it in gear though.

So much work I see on the horizon, but I'm determined to not have an pantry that echos next Winter. I'm determined to have Summer pajamas. I'm determined to have nice gifts for Christmas.

GaPeach I hope you're days lighten up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

MM - I hope you had a great day and were able to get caught up at work.

OM - prayers for your son to have his eyes opened before any real trouble hits.

FW - great finds as usual......prayers of course for Mackey of course...try not to stress, he can probably sense it.

Madkat - glad you had so much fun with your parents! Sorry to hear about Dh.

Janie - sorry to hear about the throat...I hate strep...all I want to do is sleep when I have it. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Polly - you will LOVE canning! Don't be intimidated, it really is quite easy once you get the hang of it. Glad you are already thinking of summer and gardening. We have nothing but snow and more storms to come by the sounds of it.

A2M - glad you hear you were able to get a nap in! My Dh is not fond of chicken either but I always tell him, until more money comes in...you will have to suffer!

gapeach - you sound as busy as me! It seems so tough this year to get on here..I just don't get where the days go.

dean - waiting to hear about your Mom!

Getting paperwork together for taxes....ugh...it is so complicated with Ds and his school stuff and I am always afraid of screwing something up. Other than that some changes might be in the future....could be positive...I sure hope so! I'll fill you all in when and if it happens.

Well that's all for now ladies, I have to go and administer DFIL his nightly meds and make another cup of tea and watch the news. Sleep well and hugs to all!
    Nov No Spend Days - 1 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 261 /365
    2014 Nov Gas Challenge - 0 / $120
    Nov Keep Fit - 170 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope whatever it is works out in your favor Debbie. You're so good to DFIL.

I really hope to love canning Debbie. You know all this has not been easy for me, a lot of fussing to get here. But I am excited, and nervous, and hopeful, a real mixed bag of emotions. I knew I needed to take this leap, I've known for years that it was coming to this, but wow, was I scared. Worried I kill somebody, cause myself bodily injury. While I'm still nervous, it all seems so silly, of course I can can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

polly of course u can can.. hugs for your mom......the crafts will always be there u know.. hugs sweetie

fw hugs that is a big little doggie ..he is lucky to have u..I don't know how u do everything u do it makes my head swim...actually all the ladies does....prayers and hugs

ga peach Iwas thinking about that my orey is a 40 beagle love bug but I can't heft on him no way..the 2 little ones. but not big man...

deb u also do so much makes my head swim.. good luck with sons paperwork it is so much.. ... hugs

has not been a good day here very tired and gonna sleep on it.......hugs and prayers to one and all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If anyone can can, you can Polly!! good luck in convincing your mother that she'll be living with you - look how far it got us??!!

FW - I missed how Mackey blew out his knee - how unusual for a dog that young!! sending prayers to cover you all - and congrats on that great SA find - I honestly do not know where you put all your treasures!!

I never thought that I would say it, but I am tired of chicken too!!

Strep is nasty JanieD - sure hope the antibiotics kick in soon to give you some prolonged relief1!

DC - you are so good to be getting your taxes in line - I really need to get a better handle on ours this year.

Today at school was a great day with my little ones. We got the news that the district is eliminating 3 special education teaching positions - which will bring us down to 7 The principal told the other two preschool teachers that not only were their positions eliminated, but their classroom would not be preschool. Since she is new to elementary schools, she's not aware that our preschools are funded differently....we'll see what happens. I have many years of tenure - so no cause for concern.

I am making some side dishes for my neighbor and her extended family. The service for her DH is this Saturday.

Take care my friends.