Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 104
Page 104 of 347 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

JanieD-the girl at the vet called and we talked nice. I didn't yell or anything last night but let them know that it was more stressful than need be. She's a nice girl and as the tech runs the office w/ children and a DR. thats second lang. is english.
    I did 6:30 a.m-1:30 and told DH I needed to run to the gas station for a coke and a change of atmosphere for 20 min.
    So yeah. Stressing down. The fact that he is doing so well helps.
    He's such a sweet trusting "little guy". I feel a little trapped but oh well. At least that part is over.

Sounds like OCD. Were you highly contagious or something?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't think I was highly contagious... maybe just regular contagious LOL. Anyone who sneezes or coughs it HIGHLY contagious to this guy. He almost runs from anyone showing any signs that they are or could be sick.

Sounds like more of an ordeal at the vet's than was necessary. Hope they can get things together to make it less stressful for other patients in the future. I'm surprised they didn't have the meds he needed.

Gotta run. Hope to check in tomorrow.

May Groceries $228/275 Pet Supplies $109/130
    Coupons $24.99
    April Groceries $280/275 Pet Supplies $118/130
    Coupons $36.44
    Coupon Saving 2014 $153.91
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh janie that was rude..oh wow.. go run your fingers over there keyboard..U were being bullied..hugs even if are sick i hugs still hugs u

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie, No not very appetizing. However, I think you might be far more turned off by what'a in PA Dutch butcher cases when you go to the farmers markets, or any butcher around here. Cow tongues, hearts, stomachs, and some other delights. Farm people do not waste any part of the animals they butcher around here. Stomachs and hearts get stuffed and baked, tongues get braised and sliced for sandwich meat. Scrapple which is a very popular breakfast meat around here is/was made from butchering scraps. And liverwurst, who has not heard of liverwurst.

I will say I was totally blown away by the offerings in the regular grocer's case though. I think we are starting to see a breaking point for some folks around here. You either are doing great, or your doing scary bad. Not too many in between.

I hope you get lots done today my friend Stay safe in the storms.

Dean, I'm thinking about you.

Hi Val

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, and sorry about your son. I know how this all breaks your heart.

LOVE that your getting your garden started. Funny that DH better help or starve. I gently brought up the subject last night. Just a little seed I planted in my DH's head about the garden being bigger. I hope that seed I planted grows and blooms with a bit of watering from me. We'll see how it goes as I practice canning now. If he sees me canning, it just might give him a desire for a huge garden. It's crazy rough isn't Val. The last 6 months or so have just about taken us out at the knees. I'm seriously struggling to keep food on the table that is not just beans and rice, or biscuits and pancakes. I've come to realize that if I don't do something, really do something, we will have days where there's no food on the table. My DH is now aware, finally, that things are bad on my end of the budget. Which is the household and food. I'm just not sure he sees the writing on the wall that the garden needs to be huge and varied so we have lots of food to can & dry. I did some of my own gardening last year to varying degrees of success. I really hope he does not leave all the extra gardening on my shoulders. I'm just learning, and it's not all freaking common sense, and if one more dipwad says that to me I think I'm going to scream. And my household/food budget can not support too much garden wise, so I really hope he finds it in himself to give his wife a break, and help me do my job by increasing the garden.

FW- I'm so Glad Mackey's doing so well. What a relief that must be. I hope you can get some good rest soon.

Hi MadHen

O's Mom I've been staying away from FB, way too much drama. I used to FB all the time, but there's just too much drama for me.

And yes on that $10 pot roast that's now $48! I don't even buy roasts anymore. I'll buy chickens to roast and then take apart for other meals. My guys can eat 2 stuffed big FAT hens in 1 meal! and that's with sides and dessert! So no, no roasted meats, or poultry anymore. I won't even roast a piece of meat if my DH is home because it about puts him over the edge that he can't touch it. So far are we from the days of a nice Sunday supper, with a big piece of meat and all the fixings. I always look, but I rarely buy much of any kind of animal protein anymore. I buy mostly beans, I put them in everything, or just about everything.

Maui, keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers this weekend.

GaPeach Aww..I hope you feel better soon. Thank God it's the weekend and you can rest. And yeah GaPeach, those grocery prices are crazy. Thinking of writing a recipe book on The Great Depression recipes. I've developed quite a few. LOL I'll be glad when they are back too. I'm so afraid I'll miss someone now.

Janie Aww...That's terrible

I haven't started yet. I will this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW2, that is too funny about the cone shards!

OM, probably better that she deleted you before you could comment. A coward’s way out, but still it leaves you in a position of being the more adult of the two, and not tempting you into a flame war. (Does anyone even still use that term?)

Personally, I still like FB. J But maybe that is because almost none of my family members use it.

JanieD, I suggest going into the bathroom, crumpling up several tissues, then leaving them strategically around your co-worker’s desk area, while walking around dabbing at your mouth and delicately coughing into a remaining tissue.

I’m trying to remain patient while getting my deck worked on. The guy is good, but super, super slow. (If you look at my blog, you’ll see pics of the “progress” made so far. After four days, everything looks just about like it did on day one.) I hate having people working on the house while I’m trying to live there, so I am just gritting my teeth. I guess I shouldn’t complain, if my biggest problem is that the guy painting my deck is too meticulous.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh madhen at least it will be right...
    hubs is so good he builds something it takes a tank to tear it down..

Well I wasn't very nice on facebook I made a comment that she was mean, jealous and insecure but she can't see it I blocked my facebook so only friends can see.. I guess the fact she said she hated my daughter sent me over the edge... I love my daughter too much for that..it was only to stir and it did...
    oh well another day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Madhen-good thing we only know ea. other here. We are a bad pair in thought if not deed. So I was thinking put vaseline intensive care (yellow) on each kleenex. Put a kleenex catch bin on your shelf. So,it looks like they "fell" over.
    Dh used to share an office w/ a real anal nit. You know the guy that keeps track and send Memos to the head office. Well,I bought these real cheap burritos for Dh's lunch at work. And the clouds settled.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the Vaseline idea, but make sure one of the crumpled tissues "falls" near the one making the fuss.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh I love u 2 great minds think a like maaawhaa fw and madhen wow burittos omgosh nite ladies

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Night Oh'smom.
    Madhen-goes w/o saying.lol

The kids are out and we are gettin' icey cream! wooh hoo. livin' lg.!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm tired and still feel like cr*p but I planted mustard greens, two kinds of turnip greens, potatoes, onions, and sugar pod peas today and got the tiny area where I had my tiny garden last year weeded mostly (got a bit left to do there). I have some more to plant, but at this rate I should have three "seasons" to my garden. I need to pray heavily for a bumper crop of everything. I really enjoyed the tiny garden I had last year and want to repeat the experience, only much bigger!

Polly, my Mom wanted me to ask you for your 'kraut recipe for canning. My Dad has planted cabbage and she's thinking about making some (although she doesn't eat it!). My Dad and my dh like it though. May I have your recipe please and your canning info for it? Where did you order your pressure canner from?

Janie, if you've been on antibiotics for several days, you aren't contagious to others. Your co-workers are ignorant! Sorry that they were so mean to you! Not really what you need when you're sick either.

OM, I don't like FB much either. Sorry that woman said such awful things about your dd.

FW, I'm glad that Mackey is doing better! Poor baby! I'm glad that Mackey's Mom is doing better too! LOL!

A chunk of our ceiling over the kitchen table fell yesterday. The boys' tub is upstairs right above that area. Oldest ds just took a shower a little while ago and now water is dripping on the floor in the kitchen like a little shower! We've told them for years not to slosh water on the floor next to the tub! I fully expect the tub to fall through the ceiling one of these days and land right on the table in the kitchen! Maybe one of the boys will be in it when it does! Gosh, when it rains around here, it pours! No pun intended! Wonder how much that's gonna cost? Can I just go to bed and pull the covers over my head and stay there? Aarrgghh!!

Anyway, I've got to check on some other things so everyone take care and have a good night!

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Good Job Val!!!! I looked at seed catalogs, researched fruit trees. Took apart my canner and studied it, studied the book that came with it. Took inventory for several items I need to purchase tomorrow night to proceed. Not extremely productive today. So I guess tonight I'll work on making homemade Salisbury steaks to pack up in the freezer for a homemade oncor dinners. Then get the kitchen squeaky clean and throw some laundry in. I guess that about does it. I think you win on the productivity scale.

Here's the link

Sauerkraut for Canning Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Here's the canner, great price on it here. I did an exhaustive search online and the Amish stores out here. You really can't beat this price for this canner. It's supposed to be far superior to gauged canners. But very hard to find.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RNH7PQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER?tag=frugalvillage-20"]Amazon.com: Mirro 22-Quart Polished Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jLA54ee4L.@@AMEPARAM@@41jLA54ee4L[/ame]

Sorry about the tub. I remember when I was a teenager we had someone we knew have their toilet fall through while they were sitting on it. It was not a long fall, but far enough. They were hurt, trapped and had to rescued by the local fire rescue. How embarrassing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Polly for everything...I'll pass on the recipe for my Mom. With the food prices getting scarier and scarier, I feel like I have to do something. Dear parents and I will have to start building the electric and wooden fence next week in addition to planting although next week is supposed to be colder here. It was in the 70's here this week. Oh no! The canner is showing up as unavailable! My Mom said she borrowed from the county extension office once before when she wanted to can so I may go that route if I decide to can veggies. I remember seeing pressure canners going as a kid and I thought they were scary! That jiggly thing looked like it was going to blow! LOL! I have fruit trees, but just lost one unfortunately. The others grow fruit that the deer eat! We NEVER get any! Stupid deer! Maybe we should start eating them! I'm starting to think about "wild" eatables...lol. You can eat just about all of the parts on a cattail plant and of course dandelions. You can eat some parts of white pines including the pine nuts. The inner bark (the softer part) can be made into soup. Acorns can be eaten, but have to dry about a year first from what I've read. I want to make some pine needle tea just for fun, but I think it has to be white pine too which we don't have. Anyway, it's something to think about and research.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Speaking of toilet incidents, I once knew this woman who's Dad passed out while straining on the toilet, fell forward, and broke his nose! Ouch!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all been working alot its my weekend off but they are busy so i took some extra tomorrow .

ds 2 got into rowan university with a 4400 a year scholarship i am so proud because its a state college very hard to get scholarship money unless you are very poor or considered a minority or have some very interesting life things ( gay parents- parents dead from aids- disabled parent - no parents etc ) or get great sat scores and really high grade GPA which he has . oldest ds graduated top 15% of his class and didnt get$ for there.

they also want him to apply to be in a special organization for honor students that allows his special educational things -

doing this will cost him more than the free 2 years at county college but the scholarship is better for his last 2 years at the same college he wound transfer to then thru the other program and each year there is a chance the state wont renew the program so it evens out a bit .

i tried to catch up hugs to all that need it prayers for all in need.
    i know there was something else i wanted to say but now i forget .

ahh well maybe i will remember tomorrow
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*