Frugal Village Forums banner

Our 2012 Self Image Challenge

181K views 5K replies 54 participants last post by  oheoh's momma 
#1 ·
I just LOVE you gals!!!!! This thread is THE best thread on FV.... I think!

Anyone can join in the fun...we welcome all but beware...we are a chatty group! :laugh:

2012 is going to be a GREAT year!

Let's get started! :)

#3,726 ·
OH-OM! you can keep your onion poultice,lol I use cheap dollar store vicks and mucinex. Works every time.
Val-never heard of pear jam,sounds mild,Is it gritty and do you spice it? congrats on more freebie food. Women not men bring it in the end,KWIM?
Well no crazy story today. Got up and washed all my clothes yesterday plus 1/2 the bedding,and ds got his bed together. Made a groc. list and will head over but Dold beagle has his shots at 2pm. This is the last pet people!!!! thank goodness. Now to get the rest of the HW meds for the year and finish w/ pet food stockpile. Also sent the first of 4 payments to the surgeon.
Feeling much better now that I am not breathing DEAD BAT!lol
DH hopes his eaward will come w/ this paycheck. Hate to see what it comes down to after taxes.boo.
Hope everyone is well and coping/thriving whatever we can manage right?
Hoping to get a better handle on the kitchen w/ DD's actually help not resistance. Need to vaccumn a cats worth of fur from the underneath of the fridge (frightening) I just did it didnt I??
Oh well BBL hugs to all.

#3,728 ·
Hi all!

OM - not sure what cough remedy you are talking about but Val is right....put an onion cut in half on the bedside table during the night and it will help infections but I don't know about coughs. Actually though I was reading through some blogs and found that vicks vapor rub should be spread on the bottom of the feet and socks put on...it is suppose to work `100 times better than spreading it on the chest.

Val - yuck...did you end up getting the rotten stuff out of your tummy? Sometimes that is just the best thing to do. :hugz:

FW - glad you were able to get out for ice cream with DH! That sounds like a very nice treat. Congrats on the $300! It all helps...it all helps.

Took DFIL for a haircut, paid bills and now just finished some lunch. Deciding whether to dehydrate more potatoes or go out and enjoy the sunshine and warmth while we still have it! Winter is around the corner you know. :D

Have a great day everyone and hugs to all!

#3,730 ·
FrugalWarrior and Oheo's Momma - this website made me think of you two!

Dogshaming

#3,731 ·
Good evening Ladies!!!!

Well the septic tank is in~and it's beautiful lol. Just so glad it is in. Kevin and I are making a trip to Edmonton tomorrow morning,but will be back Saturday. Thinking of you all and you are in my prayers...Have a great weekend...hard to believe it is the last one of August.

#3,732 ·
Starr-very funny just what I needed
Fav one-dogwalker and the old mans junk. just so funny
Mackey would have so many. Leaping in the air and gulping birds is the lastest.
He also ate a raw Polish sausage I dropped today.

Well I am so over the grandson screaming and yelling every word in the pool. For hours. Yes,Yogi barks a shrill yip to throw his stick but please kids can be corrected too. Teen mom goes off while grandma watches him. Indulgence ensues to overcompensate for lousy mom-mini rant over.

Got Oldbeagle vaccinated and am done w/ pet. super woo hoo. Spent another $180. on groceries. Got Dh a box of kingdongs (dingdongs) and I haven't seen him light up like that in years.Gave me a hug and everything. Weirdo.lol
Kinda concked out on the rest of the day because of my stooopid foot.

Talked to DD's bf for a few and he is guaranteed a good 66 hrs a week. He is making brake linings for one of the auto companies at a small manufacturing plant. Hopefully this job will stick.

SM-congratulations on the poopatorium install. Seriously,relief at one more job completed. Hoorah!
Hey to debc-hope you enjoyed part of the sun.

#3,736 ·
Went to Walmart w/ DD for the heck of it. No one looked too weird to me. That is worrisome. On a good note some better prices on groceries. Got minute maid lemonade premade cartons $1. instead of Krogers $1.50 sale. Better/less exp. tomatoes,cheaper name brand bologna. May have to suck it up and shop there once in awhile.

Val-sounds pretty good. I was thinking w/ ginger?

Poor Dh is still working tonight. Getting an e-award is a double edged sword apparently. They gave a send off to 13 people from his team alone tonight. Poor guy just has to sit there and listen for hours. Just thanking his lucky stars it wasn't him. I would love to know how many of the 27,000 already are gone but it's now public info.
G'night ladies and lurkers.

#3,737 ·
I am up and it is early.. played on youtube last night before bed and saw this woman's videoblog she is very hyper it is about managing housework and life like everything is on the net.. she mentioned complete the cycle. This is what I don't do. for example,I will soak the dishes and wash later and leave half because something else distracted me. .so going to work on this..

hubby is still no feeling good and I forgot his doctor appointment and he is out of sleep meds,so have to get on that immediately..
the guest house cat has started roaming around at night so it is adjusting some..it is eating, drinking getting petted and using the litterbox..the dog well we keep it on a leash it runs away.....

this week was suppose to be my extra money but will pay bills instead....I can not wait for Jan 1 for a new year to start..this one has sucked as far as finances...it is a good thing I try or we would be screwed...
I have never waited this long and not started Christmas shopping so it will be slim pickings here..our fault though not setting our foot down to grandma and her wastefulness.

it is a beautiful morning here going to enjoy it....hugs and prayers penny

#3,738 ·
Good morning Ladies!

Just doing some internet reading with cups of tea before getting my arse in gear and packing for the city and Sophie to overnight at Babas. We had an active thunderstorm lastnight when I was in bed...lots of rain. Wanted to give you all a big hug and say I'll see you tomorrow...Oh and I must confess had a moment of weakness and almost bought myself 135.00 shoes+shipping and customs fees...would have ended up 160 bucks...so I quickly logged onto here...so you guys are my saving grace...man does that impulse to buy ever go away totally????

#3,739 ·
SM!Don't be a shoe cliche (spelling!)lol. I can honestly say my cheap gene keeps me out of trouble! I do pity you w/ the customs. Wish there was a coupon for that I bet. Hope Sophie has fun. I need to search for comfortable shoes,like tennis shoes-ceiling $50ish. I am going to try Costco and Sams first.
Maybe famous footware?

OM-we are giving the kids checks. I have done zippo in regards to xmas except write it in the budget for Nov. as car ins. needs to be set aside in Oct.
You and my Dmom are alike regarding the housework. I go in do everything and then nothing cycles. I make a list though of every part so as NOT to get distracted.When the kids were little I would start the washer,fill the dishwasher,make dinner-cool it outside,put it in the fridge after making breakfast and my lunch,take the kids to school,head off to work,there's were packed the night before. Now I ...???? things change.
Hope DH improves.

No particular plans today. Took DH some food as he worked all night and is still working. I just don't like this AT ALL. They shouldn't be able to drop last minute stuff on him. Beware of strangers bearing E-awards?

#3,740 ·
As i said elseware on this board I am Giddy. Dh's $17,700. surgery has been cut down to $32. and change by BCBS. Gotta say i love,love,love our ins. It would only be better if we had no deductable of $400. not to get greedy though. Still settling w/ the surgeon and anesthesiologist though. We'll see.

Sams club has $170. coupon off the pet vaccumn. I am a commercial for that thing and my $7. G.sale vaccumn needs a new cord. Stop me!!!! I will look up the price online that ought to do it?

#3,741 ·
my 18 year old dog pooh has done nothing but eat today..I seen her at the dog food bowl 2x, she ate a hot dog, a chicken breast and stole a little girls recee cup.. lol

hub tried to eat but couldn't.. worried about him he does not seem to be getting any better.

fw I love my new vacuum it was only $54 dollars...it is a Eureka with a removable canister...

got up 2 early and going to try to go to bed early..
nite all

#3,743 ·
A2M-feel better. Hope It's nothing serious.
Well,I took an allergy pill last night and there goes 1/2 the day today.
DD went w/ BF and friend to the renaisannce festival. She loves to go every year. Dh and I used to go but its a lot of walking in dusty dry heat so we skip it now. It used to be a quirky fun time at a small festival that was fairly authentic but YE old TAcos kinda set me sideways. In other words=cash not authenticity.

I have planned an exciting clean the cat fur out under the fridge event planned. After which a shower and maybe a park. Too much excitement! wheee.

#3,744 ·
feel better ladies well hubs went to er for the second time this week.The first said it was the flu he had to treat the symptoms but it had to take its course... well the second er said the first one was full of crap..He has a upper resipratory infection. fluid on one his lungs which is pushing on his heart making it work harder.

the meds they gave 2 we can not afford they gave me a over the counter counterpart the other two are antibiotics 1 is used to treat the plague and anthrax posioning.

geez have been worried about him..grandma is coming home tomorrow and he has missed this whole week and will miss next..we will behind on 3 bills now...prayers for us all and hopefully my whole will not be 2 deep..

hugs

#3,745 ·
oh'mom-sorry for all the stress and worry. Hopefully,DH will feel better now. When DH went that time before last and they said it was diverticulitis again we now think it was the gallbladder. They aren't always on the ball and should do an xray but ins. rules these days.
I really wish Grandma could go somewhere else permanently for you. Start tough w/ her and stay firm. she can't spend your money,you can't afford it. Tell her straight tahts over,your broke. Tell her over and over if thats what it takes. Alright I'm done minding your business.

Finally got Dmom to find out what Ddad gets for SSI. He wont get a will and she is afraid the investments will get locked up in probate. I think what he makes on SSI will be plenty because their house is paid for and there won't be a car for her to pay for (she can't drive) so a few utility,taxes,food,medicare ins. plus a supplemental,and a little fun should be doable. So much stress just because he wants to be an donkeys back end.

#3,747 ·
Good evening Ladies!

Returned safely from the city around 2pm...was getting dirty clothing into the washing machine when Kevin comes in and says..."garage was broke into lastnight while we were gone"...so I panicked for 5 seconds until I realized...we as a family were safe and okay...the garage is just 'stuff'...so they opened a window on the back of the garage...stole my new $500 buck Schwinn bike (but bought for 199.99 end of season~had to throw in my bargaining skills to impress you ladies lol)...but left Sophie new bike...stole 200 dollar golf clubs...but didn't notice the $3000 ones right beside...or the 500 buck ice auger...so there can be 'blessings' even in times of darkness...all together it totals about 1200.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.