Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 166
Page 166 of 347 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Val-may be the best thing ever concerning DH. Sorry you don't feel better. I am short of breath myself from all the silky dust.
    Good luck for the tomato transplant

Polly-Black forest cake sounds lovely but it is what it is. SUGAR>FATTENING. MMMM!
    Feel better.

Just hanging out watching tv-the Eureka start of ther end!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

Didn't get a chance to check in this morning. Monday's are my busy days.

Prayers and hugs for everyone! So many things going on and three pages...I just can't comment on everyone but read them all and right there with you all.

Woke to a few inches of snow this morning...didn't make me happy at all. Expecting another 5 inches. Power out all around us but we are good.

Well gotta go and do a few things before I crash for the night. Will try and catch up tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!
    Happy French Vanilla Latte Tuesday tomorrow tervs...or will it be since you are not working right now?
    Oct No Spend Days - 13 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 253 /365
    2014 Oct Gas Challenge - $55 / $120
    Oct Keep Fit - 1100 min / 930 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aww Val, I hope you feel better.

Thanks FW. Black forest cake is chocolate cake soaked in Kirsch. Filled with cherries, and butter cream flavored with Kirsch, or whipped cream. Covered in whipped cream, topped with cherries and high grade chocolate shavings. It's one one my favorite cakes, it is often made with ground almonds and potato flour in the cake, but not always. It should stand tall with many layers, and make your pants tighten just by looking at it.

Debbie! 5 inches of snow! So glad you have power, stay safe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It was 88 here today. I'm in bed with the ceiling fan going. it's still 72.
    Polly I sure hope you start feeling better soon.
    cake, did someone say cake? now I want cake too.
    tomorrow I have to start monitoring the PSSA writing test. it runs for three days. I'm saving the last book in the Hungar Games trilogy to read while I wait for the kids to do the test. It will be a long three days, and all I do is think of all the other work I have to do.
    Well, I have to get to bed. 6am will be here all too soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Dean

It was 88' here too, it's terrible hot in here. Ranchers have no where for the heat to go. My MIL said her rancher was so bad before they had central air that it would be over 100 in the house at night. I don't even want to look at the bedroom thermometer. Gave my DH strict instructions to stay off my side of the bed, and to leave my pillows alone. I'm starting to think he keeps his side cool till I come in so he gets a nice cool bed once he gets my side like a furnace. Oh boy, I'm complaining and Summer is not even here yet.

And cake, Mmmm cake. I think we all need some cake.

I hope the monitoring goes quick for you Dean. Hang in there. Pretty soon you'll be lounging in your pool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Summer has arrived here too - overnight!!

Had my second dhot for my 'trigger digit' thumb. Hope this one lasts - next step is surgery - minor surgery.

Hunkering down to do fittings for the costumes. Would cheerfully shoot whoever chose the blouse pattern - front tucks, full banded sleeve - good grief. These costumes will be worn each for five minutes max - simple patterns would suffice. Ok I am finished complaining.
    Getting ready to sleep - long week ahead!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mornin all happy latte tuesday trevs hugs

val no we have not caught it yet.. left the door open all day yesterday...hoping it just left we have two traps set for it....take care of your self hate headaches and acid refux ..they seem to hang on..

polly are u feeling any better...is that the almond flavor liqour that it is soaked in ....if it is fab....

deb snow well u are in Canada... we are in what we call our spring winters...Dogwood, redbud, and blackberry usually rainy..... but we haven't had a lot yet.

fw take it easy today it sounded like u worked hard enough to for 2 women yesterday

sophiamom are u feelinnng better ...was star sick also u should be almost finished with the semster....

dean isn't your school year winding down...

maui always so busy.. hugs

feel some better.....BIl has found 2 part time jobs so he is happy..

have a great day everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh'smom-DebC -minnesota her Ds schools in Canada.
    I may take it easy as allergies have kicked up very nicely!

MM-oh I do hope it works,votes for no surgery. Hope the fittings go well.

DebC-No more snow. The wind here was horrible yesterday. You know its bad when the clouds are moving like an express way.

Polly-quit yer grippin' girl. We here are still chilly. And windy and rainy. Although it has cleared for today a bit.

Dean-good luck w/ all the testing. School will be done before you know it. Then we will hear of you floating in that pool and get jealous!lol. hugs.

Well the accountant mailed me back all my original documents so I feel better and he charged the CC so hopefully we are filed. Dh found a tracking sight that will show in 72 hours. Next year anyone else will do our taxes-maybe a monkey w/ a crayon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all,

Crazy days here. I had to work on Sunday, so now I keep getting the days of the week screwed up in my mind. I am feeling pretty good about myself, because I had to work HARD on Sunday (six hours of hard digging, pretty much non-stop, and a four-hour roundtrip drive) and I was sure I'd be sore on Monday, but I woke up, sans any painkillers, and found that I felt pretty good. So I must be in better shape than I gave myself credit for!

I spent Monday in the car AGAIN, driving another two hours to the bay area, because we all got new work cellphones, but had to drive to the main office to get them. Two hours back, then I had to go to a meeting that lasted WAY too long, after which several of us went to McCormick and Schmick's for beverages and happy hour snacks and I RESISTED the sweet potato fries and salmon burger sliders. I did eat ONE piece of fried calamari; I'm human, after all!!

I have been incorporating more raw vegan meals into my diet, and as a result, I really feel healthier and I seem to bounce back from both physical and mental stress much more quickly than before. (Not to mention, I'm losing weight again after MONTHS of either not losing or, worse, GAINING).

So all is good here right now, except I've got another four crazy days ahead of me before the weekend.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning!

OM - yes, FW is right..I am in Minnesota..Ds in Canada.

dean - sorry to hear about the testing coming up....hopefully you will be so engrossed in your novel, the time will pass too quickly!

Polly - wow, you and dean really are getting warm temps already! I have still been wearing my winter jacket off and on. Today is suppose to be in the 50's and I can see that the snow is beginning to melt which is nice but that means mud again...with the animals tracking it into the house, it is non-stop cleaning.

MM - sorry to hear about the patterns...you would think they would give you a simple pattern seeing you do all the work of sewing them out of the goodness of your heart!

FW - glad you have your taxes all done! It is always a nice feeling when they are mailed off. Mine are done...now just have to tackle Ds' which I have been avoiding as they are more complicated with the schooling. They have to be in by the 30th so I better get my butt moving on it!

MH - sorry to hear about the busy week and weekend. I figured you must be running alot as I haven't seen you posting. You raw diet has me so intrigued and I wish I could incorporate it into our diet but DH would NOT go for it! I have been trying meals (lunch) once in a while for just myself and think I could really get into it. Hope your side of the world slows down a little for you!

Today I am needed in the shop so I thought I would quickly pop in and say hi. Hope everyone has a great day and hugs to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon! What a lovely day here today! Nice and sunny and not windy like yesterday, that was craziness! Yes, it's French Vanilla Latte Tuesday! One more next Tuesday, then it will be 4 weeks or so before I have another one!

Deb - Snow? Seriously? With more to come? Seriously? I am so sorry to hear that... LOL I hope it goes away quickly!

FW - I can totally relate about the dog hair and the shedding! It's all over my house. I vacuum often!

Oheoh - Sorry to hear about all your stress with Grandma. Feel better soon!

Madhen - Good to hear from you! Glad your raw diet is going so well for you! I've been reading up on it. Lots of interesting reading.

Polly - I hope you feel better soon! You've been sick for a while! I agree with the others, take care of yourself first, then the house!

MM - I hope the sewing goes quickly for you. Don't you make those costumes each year?

val - Good news about your DH's job, sorry about your 4 day migraine, I hope it goes away quickly.

dean - How many days?

Well, I suppose I need to get back to work, lots to get done in the next week or so. I hope everyone has a great day! Hugs and prayers to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning or it's almost lunchtime here lol, hello none the less.

We also awoke to snow about an inch,mostly melted now...0*C here today with a mild windchill. Made whole wheat pancake and bacon for breakfast today...going to make some pumpkin breads this afternoon and Sophie has a haircut at 2pm.

tervsforme-Hope you get your to do list completed

Deb-enjoy your shopping,reminds me to pick up milk.

Madhen- WTG on the weightloss...I have a weightloss goal of 75lbs but not putting a time frame on it like I used to do(I have yoyo'd in weight since HS).

FW- I love getting the taxes done,one less thing to worry about.

Have a great day everyone,see you this evening! Janine
    House Paid off October 1st...and we are loving it!!!!
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

31 days, but whose counting?????? ME

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maui, even though I don't machine sew, I think I understand. Sorry.

O's Mom, here it is

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsch"]Kirsch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I know FW, I know. On one hand I'm thrilled because of the garden, and I've got canning and dehydrating planned for all of it. Will be SO HAPPY to fill my pantry to overflowing with vegetables and fruits. On the other, heat makes me SO sick. I can't breath, I feel like I'm suffocating because of my Asthma. My skin is so pale and sensitive. I was covered in heat rash last Summer, the sweat made it sting and burn, I only felt relief while under a cool shower. Then I get heat sickness if it gets too hot, I feel like I'm going to pass out and I vomit. Dang Scottish genes!

This says it all, my body was not made for Pa.

Scotland climate and weather

I'm still hunting down those ceiling fans you said will go on clearance. I've had zero luck. I think I need to go shopping with you.

Very busy MadHen, but I think being in such good shape that all that digging did not wreck you is a wonderful accomplishment. I'm fairly certain most of us would almost need traction after your day. LOL!

And not succumbing to bar food! That takes sheer willpower.

Debbie I know those muddy paw prints.

Kim, French Latte Tuesday

I'm actually feeling some better today. I got some things done. But spent most of my day helping youngest with school work. We can't let anything slide, he needs every credit he can get.

SM- Mmmm baking, and pancakes. All I can think of are sweet doughy things. Everything sounds so good. i just don't know what's with me lately. I'm craving sugar, but seriously trying to ignore it. I can't place the whys, if it hormonal? or other? So I'm going to avoid it as much as possible because I seriously feel like I could make a GIANT Black Forest cake and eat the entire cake, not in one sitting, but I bet I could in a day.

Dean- 31 days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

Tervs - sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were done work already. Hope you had a great day!

dean - that's it?! 31 days?! Wow, the year went fast! Soon you will be enjoying that pool and outdoor oven!

SM - sounds like a delicious breakfast! Our snow melted today..thank goodness..hoping we don't' get the storm.

Polly - I am glad you are feeling a little bit better...prayers that good health returns quickly!

Spent the day between the shop and the old farmhouse organizing stuff. Feel good at all that I accomplished. So much more has to get done though...but baby steps right?

Now I am going to relax for the evening with my tea, my computer, my crocheting and the t.v.

Have a great night everyone and hugs to all!