Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 172
Page 172 of 347 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi everyone!

FW - I hope you found someplace to take DH for shopping!

dean - sorry to hear about Dh and Ds and work...will send prayers up nightly for them to win a bid. GREAT shopping!!!! I love when the supermarkets have sales like that. I too love the cheaper days of summer.

Polly - Happy Birthday to your Dh! Thanks for the links...I like the eye makeup remover recipe.

OM - big hugs to you!

Today not as bad for company thank goodness. Did wake to snow though....set my whole day off on the wrong note. So I got stubborn and knitted ALL day!!! Rotten weather! Now I am going to relax with my tea and relax.

Have a great night everyone and hugs to all!
    Nov No Spend Days - 1 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 261 /365
    2014 Nov Gas Challenge - 0 / $120
    Nov Keep Fit - 170 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks deb! Snow, oh no not again. I'm looking to summer.
    Glad you had a nice knitting day though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debc-keep your snow to youself thank you very much!!
    And yes we drove to the Gibralter TradeCenter. It's an indoor flea mkt. There was a car show there for an extra $2. for the shriners. The flea market was very spare for a Sat. It's getting kinda weird (weirder) too. there is less stuff to buy and the vendors are changing. It's always been a circus of strange but somehow its worse??? Had a good time but didnt walk around to as many places.
    Wnet to a very large S.A. and of course I bought the usual. Kinda filling in series at this point. DD is whining I should make an excel file?? I like a note book.

DD is super stressing about finals so I am trying to cut her a wide berth and not bug her about her room or her future. Just a few dishes and finals this week. She went to a party at BF house for nephews bday. and then a Bonfire at a friends. That will help her wind down.
    Ds is wiped after working at the library. I asked him to give $10. to grandma for a gesture towards his payback. She isn't caring but its important to do what he can.

I am wiped as well from walking and spending. Clearly out of practise. Dh and I are having semi intelligent conversations about where the money will go from taxes. There a tree hanging over the side of the house,a new lawn spreader as our has rusted,more on the mortgage and a mattress. Oh and we are each taking $100. to do w/ as we please. His award money got sucked up on bills and I felt sad for him. Plus $61. on an escrow rebate so... Why not.

Polly Dd says she wants a smaller house,she sees the stress of having a larger one. I can see her having a more "spam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typedspam! It is better fried than typed/redneck/off the norm sort of life. I do hope she can do computers though so she can ave a consistant kind of life.
    Ds only wants an up north place to fish and such. He can live off the land better than either of his folks w/ fishing,making outside stoves and such. Good restaurants and publics places aren't his thing. Nor dress clothes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ha did it again. H.i.l.l.b.i.l.l.y/ R/e/d/nec/k life style. But also have a computer degree to make the money w/.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well just paid our car/van ins. and it went down also. Taking DD off and putting Ds on has nothing to do w/ it but I just got todays shopping plus a bit more free. Feel good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL@FW! Good thing QM didn't see that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello all, just dropping in to say hi, I am sooooo very far behind on reading all of the posts. I hope that everyone is doing well, Things have been massively crazy here. T is doing pretty well all things concidered. The rest of life is just the normal crazy family crazy. Prayers, thoughts, and hugs to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

evening

spnet it watching Forrest Gump on dvd with hubs and my brother..it was nice...

polly I use plain ole generic baby oil for eye makeup remover have4 ever....but I do think about the crap we put on us, in us and around us chemicals galore no wonder more more cancers are appearing..

hugs fw I love my big house but it is too much...money, cleaning... ect..so maybe dd is right as far as dsmaybe that is right for him..that is what Adam wants...

uni hugs still praying for your daughter

well am going to try to go to bed early

hugs and prayers

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes Dean, what Debbie said. I will be praying too.

Aww Thanks Debbie, my DH will appreciate the birthday wishes. He just told me to not even bother with a cake.

I thought of your handmade makeup remover pads when I saw that recipe.

Uni- been keeping you and yours in prayer.

O's Mom- I've always used vaseline.

And your right about big houses, ours really is not that big, just 750' of living space, but it's a bear to heat. The electric for this old house is crazy expensive, it's hundreds just on the months when the heat isn't going. I'm starting to think we are paying for the street light! No air, no heat, no dishwasher, one 20 inch tv, almost all laundry hung, timed showers, water heater turned way down, newer oil heater. Honestly, I open the bill and there are times I just want to scream. I hope changing electric companies make a difference. And too much cleaning, too much for me anyway.

FW- I'm betting both of your kids are going to do great. Living small is the only way to go today.

If you remember our youngest never wanted to leave, we told him he must. He's so afraid of getting out there and not being able to keep his head above water, he's already decided he does not want anything he can't keep, and be able to take care of himself on a minimum wage job. He plans on staying here till he saves money for a small lot in a low tax area out here. He'll dig a well, put in a septic tank. He's planning on building one of those tiny houses/no foundation. Since DH is in construction he'll have free labor. Putting a lawn building, and a garage, again no foundation. No tax on those. House is taxed like a travel trailer. He's also been researching solar energy! Here's my 17 researching how to live, and live well on a minimum wage job. He's been out there helping to prep the garden, says he want to know how to do it. He's up my butt while I'm learning to can, asking tons of questions I don't have the answers to yet. He plans on having everything done and paid for before he leaves the house. They say The Great Depression caused people to behave in super frugal ways, or have hoarding tendencies. I guess the Great Recession played a big role in his need to be VERY safe, and his deep need to ensure that no matter what happens to him in life, that he'll always have a roof over his head, and food on the table. That's a lot of weight on a 17 year old's shoulders. *sigh*

Our oldest *sigh* I don't think he's grasping how much it costs to live, to be married. To pay back his wife's student loans, while she's still continuing her education, and doing it on today's wages. I'm not sure his GF does either. Once he sets foot out that door and gets in over his head because he ABSOLUTELY can not pay for a roof over their heads, students loans, utilities, car and food on the table, there's nothing we can do. Nothing. I truly hope he gets his feet on firm foundation before he even thinks of saying I do. Get at least an associates from community college. Save money, buy a cheap lot, let Dad build you a small house. Then say I do. *sigh* If it's paid for, worries are far less. Then they can pay off loans, and save money to buy something bigger later. I'm not sure he's really grasping how serious an oops it is to leave the nest unprepared for life now, not how it was for his parents, but how it is for this generation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning everyone!

Big hugs and prayers to all...hope you are having a fabulous weekend so far. Yesterday was so warm...we spent most of it outside...then both of Us were in bed by 8:30 lol. Went to bed with the 'More with Less cookbook' by Doris janzer Longacre...so far a great read and good frugal recipes. Also added foods to freeezer stockpile...cooked up 3 lbs ground beef and froze it for spaghetti sauce,chili,etc. Today is a baking day(unless I do outside and finish the raking wind has been blowing pretty good this past week to do the back and side yards)...My MIL bought me a Foodsaver system(anyone got one of these?)and it came with a small roll and 5 bags so while shopping yesterday I picked up a box of 2 rolls for 27.89...not a bargain by anymeans but I like that the money you spend on food won't be spoiled by freezer burn. So far out of the 1st roll it made 12 bags plus there was still 8 ft of roll left...froze stew beef,steaks,skinless chicken thighs,veggies, and bulk cheddar and mozza cheese. The good thing is I wont have to shop for meats in May. My pantry stockpile is coming along nicely...added 2 more can pizza sauce(swear that the off brand is better than the Kraft brand and it's 40 cents cheaper,same size can).

The price of chicken thighs went up 3 bucks since I last bought the econopack...5lbs skin on chicken thighs cost $19.67...in January it was 16.44 for 5lbs skin on. Sign of the times I guess.
    House Paid off October 1st...and we are loving it!!!!
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack, Food Bank and SPCA
    CrossFit lover...and now also AquaFit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiasmama View Post
    My MIL bought me a Foodsaver system(anyone got one of these?)and it came with a small roll and 5 bags so while shopping yesterday I picked up a box of 2 rolls for 27.89...not a bargain by anymeans but I like that the money you spend on food won't be spoiled by freezer burn. So far out of the 1st roll it made 12 bags plus there was still 8 ft of roll left...froze stew beef,steaks,skinless chicken thighs,veggies, and bulk cheddar and mozza cheese.
    I have one. Yeah, the rolls/bags are expensive. The way I do mine is by determining just what I figure is going to be in the freezer for longer term. Example, chicken...if I know I'm going to use it in a couple 2 or 3 weeks I still just put it in ziplocs. Same with other meat. If I'm putting it away for longer I'll use the food saver and write the date on in black marker.

Tip I got from Savvy Sniper...write it on BEFORE you put the food in it. UGH...lot less messy and clearer to read.

When I first got it I was over enthusiastic and Food Savered everything and ended up wasting a ton of sheets/rolls cause I used the meat in them in a couple weeks when a ziplock would do.

Hi everyone! Read you all every day and love to see what you are all are up to. Hope today is better for everyone and tomorrow even better. Hugs
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge/October
    $103.86

October/ Grocery
    /Goal $200.00 Total $63.25

Eat Out No More Nov
    Goal 20
    Accomp/15

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/12

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good Morning everyone and Happy Earth Day!! While I am still am jumping in - you are all included in my thoughts and prayers throughout my day - and it's always such a good feeling knowing that you are all here!!

Polly, I am totally overwhelmed by your youngest son and his approach to the future!! And I was thinking about your heating bills - have you considered putting decorative quilts on the walls in winter to help block out some of the cold?

Super busy day and week - David Malo Hula celebration is this coming Saturday - my main machine is still in the repair shop and I did find my backup machine. Will be woring with it today - as well as continuing to clean up the LR.

DD is coming a week from Monday to decide what possessions she needs at this time. Will be interesting if nothing else - have not seen her since Christmas - short phone conversations. Times are a changing and I have no idea where life is going now.

Had emergency dental work done Friday - really like our new dentist - a good thing since I will be spending many hours and $$$s there. Am commited to getting my dental work done.

DH just announced breakfast - yes I am so blessed.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mornin everyone hope all are well..

went to church and froze to death it is cold.....but enjoyed church very much...

Hi Nik

sophia everything is going up but paychecks.....ugh

going to snuggle under the covers with a hot cup of tea.....brr we need a tea icon

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Afternoon All!

Great idea about using the foodsaver only for meats to be frozen a while...and the marker...I got to do that still lol. Got in 2 batched of corn bread(good for chili/mexi nights) and 2 dozen oatmeal cookies...figuring on making pumpkin loaves too,but the warm weather is calling my name...I was outside raking in my shorts lol. Thinking of you all! Janine
    House Paid off October 1st...and we are loving it!!!!
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack, Food Bank and SPCA
    CrossFit lover...and now also AquaFit

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maui its nice to hear from you, glad you are doing well.

Went grocery shopping today, I'm still not 100% but it's good to fill the fridge. I got frozen berries, acai, apple juice and frozen mangos for smoothies (have some bananas in the freezer already) - enjoying homemade smoothies now for much less than the smoothie shop although I appreciate them being there when I was so ill.

I have a lot to do today catch-up stuff - laundry, dishes, studying. I am so bad - I just do not want to study for my test on Wed. I will get around to studying eventually.

I hope you are all having a beautiful Sunday. It's sunny and warm, we are in shorts.
    “When you get to the end of all the light you know
    and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
    faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
    you will be given something solid to stand on,
    or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

“Our Earth is degenerate in these later days;
    there are signs that the world is speedily
    coming to an end;
    bribery and corruption are common; children no
    longer obey their parents;
    every man wants to write a book and the
    end of the world is evidently approaching.”
    — From a translation of an inscription on
    an Assyrian clay tablet, circa 2800 B.C.E.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference

aho mitakuye oyasin