Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 177
Page 177 of 347 FirstFirst ... 77127167174175176177178179180187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yep, FW, I meant mahi-mahi...I was thinking about our "Maui" and typed it that way...I realised later what I'd done and left it...lol...silly me! It turned out very tasty by the way! The kids all ate some too. Sorry about the problem with your dd's bf. What does he do mannerswise that's so bad? I have to remind my oldest not to smack when he eats...drives me nuts! Dh gets VERY annoyed with it. Our beagle can't lift her tail end either some days.Glucosamine seems to help sometimes.

OM, I am very sorry about the troubles with your dh's Grandma...I know that has to get very tiresome for you. You must have the patience of Job to deal with it all of the time.

I planted a row of beans today, but have more to plant for later. I wish my garden was bigger! Youngest ds came up at 8 p.m. with an essay he has to write suddenly for tomorrow. I HATE it when kids pull that! I just want to throttle him! Middle ds carved some words on his bedroom wall the other day when he was mad at his Dad...words like "hate" etc...and dh took his computer away and is making him spackle, sand, and paint it. The problem is dh couldn't find the same paint color at Lowe's today so now we're going to have to do a single accent wall or something. I liked the room the way it was. Oldest ds told me yesterday that he'd be home at 5 p.m. I wanted to know how he was doing that since he was supposed to have another class until 8 p.m. "Oh, I don't go to that class anymore," He said. I asked him why he doesn't and he said he DECIDED to stop going. WTF? He DECIDED to...why? Apparently it took so much time away that he didn't want it to effect his other classes in which he has A's (or so he says...we'll see). Couldn't he have DECIDED to drop it during Drop/Add like four months ago? Really? I swear sometimes they all make me want to scream! Oh wait...I do scream sometimes!

Dh got his first retirement check and his first paycheck from his new job today. I was pleased with that... for a while...until he told me that his boss said that there's no hope of this job continuing beyond the 8-9 months. I was kind of hoping that they could extend it for like...forever. The employment agency is hoping to get him another job with the same company that is permanent though. My Mom kind of put me into a funk also when she pointed out how little we'll have to live on after our house payment comes out when this job runs out IF he doesn't get another one right away. Thanks Mom! I was feeling secure for all of five minutes until dh told me what the boss of the company said and then my Mom made her calculations. Ugh! I don't want to feel insecure at my age...not what I wanted for my life at this stage. On top of all of that, I had my monthly weigh-in and I gained a pound! Sigh! I think I'll go to bed soon. Take care and have a good night everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Val I'm sorry about your mom getting you down...hope everything works out in the end for your family,hugs.

OM- Oh my your life sounds so stressful...you need to get away for a break,is it possible to go and stay with a family for a day or two so you can get some 'me' time in? hugs!

FW Sorry about your DD and the dog,cry if it will help(sure helped me last week).

Tervs- take care!

Deb you your day was nice.

Maui, Star,Polly and everyone else thinking of you all.

So I got some good news today...Kevin phoned and said He'll be working around home coming next month(may) for the next 6 years...Oh you have no idea how important this was for Us...Sophie needs her daddy and I need my husband...he has been working out of town for over 2.5 yrs...I prayed and prayed that God would bring him home and our prayers have been answered,God is so great!
    On Baby Step # 6 $34,890
    Mortgage pay off March 2015
    Stay active goals...6 hours per week
    Grocery budget for April- $625...75.69/549.31
    April NO Spend days 7/24

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh val hugs hope everything works out better than u think.....

sophia mom I know u will be happy to have hubs home.......

today i have laughed to keep from crying...ok awoman told me her weight, grandma told me she was having a nervous breakdown, BIL is having a nervous breakdown, 2 of my sons friends told me they were going comando, and my sons girlfriend told me she was stoned.... Gob can have his job back...lol

g nite everyone

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all.

FW - big hugs! Don't cry, that makes me sad.

val - sorry Mom got you down...I am sure it wasn't intentional.

OM - I think your BIL needs to go.

SM - so glad to hear the good news about Kevin!

Ds had a job interview today but I guess he didn't get it...he said he was suppose to hear by tonight if he was awarded it...dang, it was a good one too with Bombadier Airlines. Oh well, hopefully something else will come up...I should have asked for prayers from you ladies earlier today...they always seem to work.

Have a great night everyone..hugs to all. I am off to bed!
    April No Spend Days - 6 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 97 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $15 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 210 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning everyone!

Boy, no one has posted since I did last night before bed!

Well, no one to catch up with then! Beautiful day this morning, cool but sunny. Lots to do again so I will catch you all on the flip side.

Have a great day and hugs to all!
    April No Spend Days - 6 /22
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 97 /365
    2014 April Gas Challenge - $15 / $80
    April Keep Fit - 210 min / 900 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Give God your problems and he will give you His peace.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all!

So sorry everyone seems to be going through so much! I think we should all go somewhere together for a girl's weekend--wouldn't that be a blast!

It's looking very cold and miserable here today--we may be getting a mix of rain and snow later. I hope not, because we are heading to my parent's house overnight, and would rather not have to go in bad weather.

I've been trying to work out more, so I've been spending less time on the computer. We have a busy summer coming up with different events to go to. In June we have a mess dinner on base, as well as a ball, although we don't have many details about the ball, so that one's still up in the air. Then in July, DH's niece is getting married in BC, so we are travelling out for that. Then in August, my sister's stepson (my step-nephew?), is getting married in Winnipeg. At least that one is close! LOL
    I'm hoping to lose a couple of dress sizes by the time the first event comes along. I've done OK so far; I've lost close to 10 pounds in the last couple of months. I just need to step it up a little now. At least I'll have a good excuse to go shopping for a new dress or two!

Hugs and prayers going out to all of you! Have a great day!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Madkat-good going on the weight loss.
    DebC-don't cry for me you know how it works here is pychoville.
    So DD took her typing and her computer exam. Said she did poorly on the computer exam.
    She met w/ the dept. head. He kept supporting the teacher and she kept rebutting (that my girl-don't back down-guess mama wore off). Looks like she can get an incomplete that won't hurt her average,take the course in summer session and such on their dime. she still awaits final decision. BUT the course would be w/ the guys dad!!!!! yikes. I told her NOT to bad mouth the son under any circumstances. PRECARIOUS. So she gets to use the same book too,i guess.
    Sorry Ds didnt get the job. The name of that airline-SERiousLY that just pushes my irony button.
    Her stupid dog seems better. It just makes me crazier. Everyday!

Om-sorry about the chaos. Seems everyone needs a time out over there except you and hubby.

Tervs-hope everything is going well after surgery. Sorry I missed your last day.

In better news I slept last night well-w/ the help of 2 allergy pills.lol
    And the State refund is in. So 1/2 way to mattress but I will prob. add this to the next house payment in a few days.
    Going to mess w/ all the cookbooks I bought this week.filing and catorizing. Gosh,I made a BIG mess!
    For some reason they are now taking an extra $36. per month from DH's pay. Stop it,stop it you guys. We already lost $200. a month from that tax change expiring earlier this year. Chip,chip away?? Glad we are killing the 1st mortgage sooon!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

afternoon...

wow so much to do and not enough time it seems..had company my BFF Tonya and my friend our landlord.. and my neighbor. THE HOUSE WAS A WRECK! oh well..
    Paige flew home today should be here this afternoon....

Deb I am in agreement with u....He is really crazy, not grandma crazy confused...he scares me...

fw I think we should run away together....

hubs and I need a break so bad...

madkat losing 10 lbs is amazing.......my friend said the ladies at her church are doing a 10 day fast fresh fruit and veggies and water....I think it is way to long doesn't sound healthy...2 days fine...

bbl later doorbell ringing

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My SI has went up as I have lost 8 lbs. since February 2. Not alot, but enough to please me.

Asking for more prayers regarding our move. I will let you know details when I know more. You all are not only the best group of gals to chat with, but you are also some of the best prayer warriors.

Thanks friends,

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

a2m hugs and 8 lbs is a lot..prayers for the move....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Om's-maybe as long as we swear on the bible not to bring any relatives and maybe friends too.

got the shakies today and haven't eaten much but crackers. DD invited BF over and I was pixxed so I took a nap. She just wanted to grill but I have to feel better to deal w/ that.
    His car is missing the exhaust,he yells because he can't hear out of one ear well and won't get tested. I knew today i would say something nasty so I left. I'm still mad from the other day. He flops down in chairs,throws his keys on my wood dresser,flops his deisel smelling coat on my cookbooks. Just so annoying. I'm beginning to wonder if he's stupid or slow. BBl

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, so sorry FW about dd's BF. Gotta watch those shakies with your diabetes. Can't make a diet of crackers for the day. I hope that tomorrow is better for you.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A2M-it's a catch. You don't eat if you don't feel good,you don't feel good if you don't eat. But thx. DH just brought me a roast beef grill cheese. I feel a bit less crabby but still cold.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi all !!!
    been missing in action - crazy busy - mini netbook sparked out the power connector area - had to send it to dell for repairs been almost 2 weeks without it !!

21 yo had a crazy few days them became better - thank goodness - i think its crazy around here how they plan up the 21st bdays and it stressed her way too much wantimg what she wanted to do nit fall thru

18 yo was in disney then home then his 18th bday now we are gearing up for his sr prom next month

tried to read here using my galaxy tab from work and said prayers for everyone when needed but was too hard to try to post from it so i didnt

work is slow again - UGH
    my fibro was real bad for about a week but feeling a little better now
    glad to have weekend off !

have a great night !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi mom25 glad u are back....busy time for u all..

fw i don't want to take anyone else....take care...I vote he is stupid.....

Happy birthday mad kat...

got to go the cats are fighting over fried chicken lol

g nite