Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 178
Page 178 of 347 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-crispy or original.lol
    M25RN-sorry about DD> mine went thru the same drama. Was angry at her BF,made him throw her a party. so embrassed me. In the end she didn't drink.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning!

In a rush this morning. Took car into the shop yesterday so Dh could check all fluids and tires before I started packing it up for my trip on Monday and then the damn thing wouldn't start!!!! I am not only so angry I am seeing red, but scared now because it is the weekend and it is difficult getting parts and I HAVE to leave Monday! Then to top it all off my cousin was air lifted to London Ontario (he just had a stem cell transplant because of cancer) with heart problems and my Mom and Auntie (his Mom) are not doing well with it. I am needed back home (there) and with the car..ugh.

My vent over and now on to being strong and tough again.

madkat - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day. Way to go on the weight loss girl!

A2M - Way to go on the weight loss too! Everyone is doing so well! Prayers going up, of course.

FW - he sounds like he needs some attitude adjustment when it comes to visiting your home. Good luck!

M25 - good to see you! I hope your fibro is getting better.

OM - yeah, I understand what you mean about the different crazy BIL and crazy grandma....I hope BIL leaves soon and gives you some piece. I had to laugh with the cats fighting over the fried chicken....great visual!

Well gotta go and work on the car. Hope to be back later. Have a great day everyone and hugs to all!
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh deb prayers for u.. u need to be there with your family so much they are going through and the car is just aggarvation.ugh
    hugs and prayers.

going to go put tires on the car today..going to get out the house for awhile...hubs and I are gonna have lunch and talk about fiances out of the house...

have a great day...

hugs and prayers to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DebC-sorry about the added stress but at least it broke at home and not at some sleasy rest stop when it was cold. So sorry about your cousin also. It just poors sometimes. Please be careful driving,extra careful.

Definately convinced I have something now. flushy and running to my fav. room. Crabby w/ DH and even though I apologized he is being a P.I.T.A. and walking around in a snit. Didn't sleep well because DH had his leg twitching again. WHERE is my tax rebate! Whine. Dh is now taking it out on the kids,5 year old!
    Thought if I drug myself thru the groc. it would pacify him but no not him! Just depressed as he--.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello to all! Wow, it doesn't sound like today has started out to well for all of you. Deb C, I hope that your dh finds the problem with your car not starting. Safe travels to Canada. So sorry about your cousin.

OM, yes you and your dh need some time away from the house. Enjoy your little escape.

FW, so sorry that the money for the mattress has not arrived yet. Sorry too that you are not feeling well and that your dh is in a snit.

There is so much to do, but I am so tired. Dear cat woke us up early. Then ran errands early and now feel like I have put in a full day, but really have not accomplished much.

I am hungry and the guys are both napping, so I snuck a PB & J to hold me over. Very tired, but a little restless, so do not feel like napping.

MT5, so glad that your fibro is a little bit better. Sorry that your work is slow.

Madkat happy belated birthday to you!

To all a good day and into the evening too.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went to Big Lot and got 4 clear storage tubs. Also they had boxes of rie crispy treats clearanced for .75. 6 fell in my cart,whats a girl to do.
    Wnet to a nasty resale shop. Found a H.P. leather computer bag (like a briefcase w/ handles) for $12. new. DD can use it for school and look professional. Needed to get out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I absolutely love rice krispy treats. Amazing how they fell off the shelf and into your cart. he,he!

I hope that your evening goes better after your bargain shopping therapy.

I ended up taking a short nap after all.

I think that tomorrow will be a pretty easy day too. Then Monday it is back to packing and sorting.

Deb C, did your dh find the problem with your car not starting? Did you manage to fit all of Luke's things in your car?

OM, was your time away from home refreshing?

I hope that everyone sleeps well tonight and sweet dreams to all of you.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw good deal on rice krispie treats and computer case feel better...

a2m hubs and I went to lunch and did some shopping the first tire place was closed..they sell used tires so we will go back...
    it was nice to get out of the house and went over to visit with my 2 bffs so it was nice

going to bed early hopefully

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening everyone. Deb, sure hope DH can get the car ready for Monday. Prayers and hugs to you on a safe trio.
    Spent some time with mom and dad today, both are still in so much pain. Sure hope these surgeries get scheduled soon.
    Gotta go, have a great evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dean-prayers for you and your folks,

Beautiful today and feel rested for the first time in awhile.
    DD's dog is doing better again and I'm scaling Mackey off the meds finally. The stress of exams is floating off. I think I will do Aldi's and the Dollar store today. And make an effort of the living room too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks FW!

Good morning all.
    2 loads of laundry on the line, dishes done, Liam went home, and I am about to run sweeper, pay some bills, and do some paperwork.
    I will stop in and check on my parents around lunch time and see how they are doing. We aren't doing family dinner today. DS and DIL and boys are going to a friends house and DH is going fishing. I get the day to myself, more or less.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning ladies!

Deb--hope your car gets fixed! Prayers for your cousin!

OM--glad you had a nice lunch with DH!

A2M--Congratulations on your move! It sounds wonderful! I have to say, I hate packing to move--I'm glad the military hires someone to do it for us, makes moving so much easier!

Dean--prayers for your parents!

FW--glad you're having a better day today. You've been getting some great deals lately!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! We went to my parents house for dinner, and have some cake, too! My DH & kids had no idea it was my birthday, until my sister said it when we got to my parents. Birthdays aren't that big a deal with us, so it was kind of funny to watch DH scramble because he didn't know what the date was!

We stayed at my sister's house, and she had the worst guest bed ever! It's a futon, and it's like sleeping on a lumpy rock. I maybe got 2 hours sleep Friday night, so yesterday after we got back home, I was done for the day! I slept on the couch for half the afternoon, and DH & I watched movies the rest of the evening. He got up at some crazy hour this morning to go golfing with a couple of friends, but I slept in. I asked him if I was going to be a golf widow this summer--I know how it works, you go once, and you're hooked!

I guess I should get my day started, gotta get on the treadmill, and bake some bread, and figure out what to do with the roast I took out for supper!

Hugs and prayers for everyone! Have a wonderful Sunday!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dean have a great day enjoy some alone time

fw made my dollar store run yesterday.....I like to go to there it is cheaper than wally..less impluse buying..also wnet to wally hubs got a movie....Pulp fiction...cheaper than late fees ..

madkat sounds like a great weekend except for the futon..love weekends like that

going to grill today..hubs is sleeping in..gonna sweep the kithchen and catch up on laundry
    bbl

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey Madkat-your sis called she said don't tell but thats to keep inlaws at home.lol ok just kidding. Ds sleeps on a futon but it has a thick mattress and he likes it????

Well my day has been mixed. Heading out to Aldis I fell out the door-literally??? I think the piece of metal over the doorway flexed. I twisted my ankle and down I went on the porch. I got up unharmed but I think I may have scraped a few places and bruises tomorrow for sure. CAn't blame this on Mackey. And go ahead and laugh.
    Went on to Aldis,dollar store and a bookstore.
    Sad state. I closed a resale boutique and now a small bookstore is closing in our area. Small businesses dont have the draw anymore. so sad. BBL.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think about 30 pages have come and gone since my last post! I won't be able to catch up, but I really hope that you're all doing well! I'll try to jump into Frugal Village more than I did in April!

I'm doing okay. DH and I have have some marriage struggles (again!) for the past couple months, but I firmly believe that if I look to the Lord for guidance and strength He WILL guide the way! DH heard some good ministry on the Christian radio station the other day about "not listening to your feeling and the reason why" (he told me that much but didn't go into detail) and I've noticed that since then he's been a little more level-headed. God works miracles, and I'm leaning on Him to work one in our marriage and life.

Today I sold 41 boxes of Girl Guide cookies with DD1. It took a good 2-1/2 hours of selling door-to-door, but now the girls and I can sit back and know that we are DONE! Since they have both sold 15 cases (12 boxes per case) of Girl Guide cookies, they will both get a $25 gift card for a local movie theatre. DH and I will use a coupon from Air Miles, so we'll all probably get 2 movies worth out of the gift cards and coupons thru Air Miles! Yay! A lot of work, but it's worth it in the end!!

I'm still interviewing for September's daycare space. So far I've had 3 interviews...two of them didn't get back to me, and the other said found care for the end of July (which is when the mom was going back to work). I have another interview for tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. Gotta get the house in order for then.

My in-laws (DH's parents) visited for the weekend...since yesterday around noon until this morning around 11:30. We had a nice time.

Guess I should sign off. I feel like laying back and relaxing! The weekend is almost over and life will soon get crazy like usual!

Hope you're all having a good day!!
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started tracking my calories and REALLY trying on June 23rd (at 138.0 lbs)
    1st goal will be 135 lbs Reached this goal on Saturday, June 28th
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $61,482.34 (as of August 28th, 2014 - 5 years, 8 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $21,799.26(as of August 28th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $30,152.71(as of August 28th, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey