Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 182
Page 182 of 347 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A2M-things are really rolling for you. Furniture goes quick at the S.A. I know that. And w/ the prices they get you will be selling it quick.
    Spectacular storm here w/ dancing lightening. I just love those blowy charged kinds of storms. So I go out on the covered porch barefoot to soak it all in. I look up and veiw my metal chimes over my head diff. so i go back in. I guess moments of stupid hit everyone.
    Night all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning Ladies!

Tracy-if I told Kevin no tv for a week during hockey playoffs,I'd be a single woman LOL...well maybe not quite,He'd probably go to my brothers to watch it.

A2M- have a good few days and see you when your internet is hooked up,hope you do well with your furniture too!

Today is a rainy cool morning...it was calling for rainy Friday,Saturday,Sunday but now the forecast only has today as rainy...which works in our favor due to working on the lot this weekend...today is dump day...have a new internet provider coming as we have decided to bundle our cable,internet, and home phone for 105.56 a month instead of paying $110 for phone/internet and $57.50 for cable...saves Us around $50 a month or $600 a year...nothing to sneeze at. Tomorrow we are cutting down trees and starting out wood pile...might ask my dad to make Us a wood holder to keep the wood off the ground(I'll tell him it could be my Birthday gift lol)..He loves wood working,kind of a hobby for him. We will take the generator out there as our power isn't in yet(waiting on the septic and some lot leveling,hopefully it is approved this week). I wish you all a grewt weekend and see you on Sunday or Monday. Janine
    On Baby Step # 6 $25,386
    Mortgage pay off October 1 2014
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SM-adorable avatar. I could just eat her up.lol I miss my kids being that age (sometimes).
    Ds is up cleaning the gutters so that is great. We rained like Noah's arc last night and we are swampy here and there. Ds also pumped the water out of the windows. Scraping up a $10 for him-wish I had more-yucky wet job.

DD and I are going to a church fund raiser sale if i can get her up. Waiting for my pants out of the dryer. Gotta go
    Have a great weekend. Prob. BBl?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SM, I too wanted to say that I love your Avatar.

FW, We would get more money if we yard saled the furniture, but no time for that. Plus it is too hot for yard sales. I know that you would appreciate some of it as you have spoken of some of the pieces of furniture that you have gotten at estate sales... Have fun with your dd today.

Well, it is about time to get dear cat her breakfast.

Well, next week if I am gone for a few days you will know that either we are sitting on the bed with no furniture waiting for the move to all come together or else we are moving and waiting for the new company to set us up with internet.

Time to start a busy day. Take care all!

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A2M-just picturing you in an empty house w/ a mattress looking so small.SAD. Just kidding

DD baled because the storm kept her up. I went to the church sale and liked the people and may try it out on Sunday. Got a whole box of stuff for $11.
    Stopped by the cheap resale shop and got some cookbooks.
    Hit a couple of sub sales too. Nice to get out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh Sophia she is lovely..miss mine when she was that little.Paige is grown up and not grown up...ugh

a2m good luck with the move, I know u have been so excitedit is a new adventure in life but moving oh wow that is a job....It is like a clean slate...

fw have a good time at the sales....

well i am done with my shopping I feel likea frugal failure....am posting this... I have quit couponing this computer will not let me print have tried... really miss those coupons but maybe hubs will get off his but and fix this thing so my printer will work...ugh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-chances are you have security high and have to "enable cookies".

Spent all night cleaning and organizing cookbooks into series. It's a messy obsession but someone has to do it??
    Met a lady at the resale shop who was a self professed hoarder
    and another who confessed to having 9 sewing machines. Comparetively i guess I'm not too bad.???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I do not think that you would have been able to do what we have done. That is to give all of the books away in our bookcase except for a few bibles and cookbooks. Then to give all of your furniture away except for maybe three small pieces. It was hard.

We thought that we could disconnect our phone/internet service over the internet, but no. Found out last night that we have to call in person Monday and then I may just have to drive quite aways to turn in the modem box. We will be without internet for a week. Busy, busy busy! I hope that the busyness keeps my mind occupied, cuz I just love to visit with all of you.

Take care everyone!

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A2M-of course i could have. It's just stuff and you can always get more~! I used to have 1000's HC books and we donated them all to the library 1 year. The fun for me is getting the stuff and "playing w/ it",meeting people out shopping. But it is rotational. I have about 100 duplicate cookbooks to write off now. These books are not as good a condition as the ones I have just found. I will write them off for the same I paid-rotation.
    NOW DD-she has an emotional invovlement w/ her crap. To me its just stuff. If someone gave me a check for it for fair value-bye bye. If we have a fire-I want my pictures of the kids as babies,my pets,my people.

Speaking of clutter. After DH mows I think we will try the Goodrich Flea Market if the gun show is finally over.
    Everyone have a good weekend.BBL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thank u fw will have hubby try that..I don't know how many cook books I have but I have a lot....

a2m it is hard to what u do .... I have a some what emotional connection to things my pics, some knickknacks, my pets and people...

am very upset our sons gilrfriends mother has contacted at least one of friends and told untrue crap about us.... I am so upset...but this has cut the tie with this boy for me and they will not come here anymore...hubs can see him out away from me......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon! Have windows open getting some fresh air today, would be nice if there was some sun! Feeling pretty good, just sore and achey, but that is to be expected.

oheoh - Sorry to hear about your ds situation. I just don't understand people. Why say anything? People just need to keep more to themselves...

FW - I am with you on 'stuff' for the most part. I do have a few things that are important to me, but most of it can go, and I'm having a garage sale in June to make it all go! LOL Have fun today! Good day to be out and about!

A2M - Sounds like you are progressing with your move! Good luck! I hope it keeps going smoothly for you!

SM - I agree with everyone else, your new avatar is adorable!

Lots of people missing in this thread. I hope everyone is ok. I might see if I can do some sewing today. The doctor said I could, so we shall see. I haven't slept the last few nights so I'm a bit tired, but don't want to nap too much, so I can sleep tonight. Well, I'm off for a bit, I hope everyone has a great day! Hugs and prayers to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

trevs take care u are right lot of people missing..hugs and prayers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone - thank goodness for the weekend.

Strange week on this end and am glad its over - not that it was a disaster, just knocked the wind out and I need the time to process. Whew.

A very busy weeked for us - doing a lot today - a whole bunch- to get things done at home, ready for school next week and put things together to work on at the beach tomorrow. A friend's daughter is being baptized and we are saving the table at the beach - we'll be therre by 7-8 and then party is at noon. Am bringing lots of crafts to catch up on.

....and I am going to get started on my stuff now - have a great weekend everyone!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello all, its been forever since I was on, things have been so very crazy busy around here for the past couple three weeks. I have kind of skimmed through all of the posts. Hugs, thoughts and Prayers for all I still really miss the hugs button. But am guessing that it and its counterparts are gone for good. Hubbs and I went to the range today, it was wonderful to just do something just the 2 of us. My garden has blossoms all over the squishes and tomatoes and by this time next week..... I should be able to pick a mess of greenbeans. YEAH, however, something has eaten all of my sweetpeas, so no peas until maybe this fall when it is cool enough to replant them again.
    Hope everyone is doing well. I hope all moves go successfully. God Bless and will try to drop in later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good evening! I've been busy the last two days doing stuff in my garden. I wish that it would rain so that I don't have to stand outside in the heat and water it. It's been in the 90's the last few days. What's July going to be like? Probably over 100 degrees...ugh! I don't like heat!

Dh is away today...went to see monster-in-law. He got called into the boss' office this week and got a raise! He hadn't even been there three weeks yet! Anyway, he got a dollar raise which was more than they gave the factory workers. Dh works in the lab. The factory workers got a quarter. I wanted to do our budget today, but since he went to his mother's, that didn't get done. I guess I'm going to have to tie him up to get him to do one with me. We need to think about what we're going to do if he doesn't get a permanent job in 8 months. I can only do so much on my end with stockpiling, gardening, etc.

Oldest ds has been a major pain in the a** the last few days! God, I wish he'd get a job and get out and preferably go a long way away from here! It's bad to feel that way about your own son, but you just don't know the things he puts us through! He's a very, very annoying person and I try to think what sin I committed that made me deserve being tortured by him. I'm also worried 'cause if the trumpet blows, he's going to hell...some of the things he says just make me cringe! He's forgotten all about christian school, church, and being saved...definitely backslid a loooooong way. Scary!

A2M, I hope that you'll be back with us soon! We'll miss you!

Hey Maui! Good to see you!

FW, I thought of you this morning when dh said he saw tons of yard sales on the way to monster-in-law's.

Tervs, I'm glad that you're not feeling too bad! Hope you get better quick.

SM, cute pic and cute kid!

Hey OM!

Well, gotta go check on the crockpot and feed the guys. They went to a long movie today so I had some peace and quiet for a while. Yay!