Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 218
Page 218 of 347 FirstFirst ... 118168208215216217218219220221228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw love to see the dogs playing in the pools my dogs run form water..feeding them ice cubes..theay all hate bathes lol

maui I am sorry I giggled when I read u put your winter comforter up..my winters are all big down ones for the artic winter so I magine it is a different color..aww winter in Hawaii.. hope both of your dental visits go fine and glad u had a good talk with dd.hugs

madhen u wore me out from that hike....wow u are wonder woman it sounded so sirene with the fish nibbleing on your toes.... I think simple pleasures are the best love to go on day and stick toes in lake....

grandma is home she had out patient surgery yesterday and it is the best she has ever done...she is feeeling pretty good actually.

it was 104 yesterday today is supposed to be hotter.....

well everyone stay cool if possible bbl

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

too darn hot here 106 air is now on 73....I also took a bowl of water and put by the trees for 2 "pet" squirels they love peanuts and sun flower seeds.....

ugh! just awful

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MM-washed 3 small blankets and 2 mattress pads. No other "beautification".
    Went out for awhile and returned the 2 fans that don't work and got a new shower head for upstairs. The kids are complaining of no water pressure so that may not be it?
    Went to a few sales on the way. Found DD an antique cat bracelet that matches her antique dog bracelet. .50 and I got 2 new patterns for .75 that will fit her.
    So I'm kinda fuming right now. We have no air AND its like 90 plus. So we are sitting outside and my neighbor comes over and tells me to take my barking dog in. He has been barking all day. She says she never lets her dog bark. I said her dog barks all the time. She said its the dog behind (uh,NO) its prob. when she out but I can still hear him thankyou. She says do ya think I'm being unreasonable? I say I think I don't want to talk about it. Yes,the guy behind smokes pot,yes the hot rod guy vibrates my living room,yes,constant people over and leaf blowers. We all do something. I thought she was my reasonable neighbor now not so much. I guess I just didn't need more crap on my plate.
    She doesn't work anymore,lost her son and the DIL w/ grandson moved so maybe thats why but... It'd just be better to ignore it seeing its an exception IMHO. DH said i showed more restraint than he would have. That statement worries me a bit.lol yeah,I think it hurts my feelings because I have been nice to her and I thought she was reasonable.

Well,MM I'm glad you had a good conversation w/ her but I hope its not permanent. Everyone has their trouble I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good evening everyone! I have zero energy today. FW, sorry about your neighbor. I'll bet that if the dogs barking scared off an intruder in her yard she would not complain. Throw that at her the next time she pulls one on you like today. I know financially you are maxed out, but can you get a window A/C and put it in your bedroom at least so that you will sleep well tonight. It is so hard to sleep soundly when the house is stiffling hot.

I just dropped the ball today. Did not take anything out of the freezer so tonight's dinner will be hot dogs in a bun.

Just a lazy day I guess. I did not sleep well last night, so I guess that is why I am functioning at half speed today.

Take care everyone and try and stay hydrated.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I looked out the window at the birdfeeder and thought I saw squirrels on it. Um, no, they were rats. Great. Little suckers ran down the pole into the ivy and I threw rocks at them. I told DH I think they have a nest in the ivy because its close to a food source and nice and hidden. We're getting out the rat traps tomorrow.

Then I get a call from a toll-free #. I ignore it and they call again its our bank looking for DH. I make him call the # on the back of his card and find out someone got ahold of his debit card # and was trying to purchase something in Louisiana for over $2000. They blocked all suspicious activity and closed his card down. Thank god the bank was right on top of it.
    “When you get to the end of all the light you know
    and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
    faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
    you will be given something solid to stand on,
    or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

“Our Earth is degenerate in these later days;
    there are signs that the world is speedily
    coming to an end;
    bribery and corruption are common; children no
    longer obey their parents;
    every man wants to write a book and the
    end of the world is evidently approaching.”
    — From a translation of an inscription on
    an Assyrian clay tablet, circa 2800 B.C.E.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference

aho mitakuye oyasin

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw u are a nice person I would have told her to kiss my A**..it is 2 hot...I know u are strapped but air conditioning is a must...this heat wave is awful..... so take care

a2m it is ok..tonite was a good dinner sirloin steak and corn on cob last nite was tuna salad..tomorrow maybe pb and j..it is just too hot

it was 109 here today..my upstairs temp is now 76 never dropped below 80 it is set on 70..... we had a storm just wind blew some limbs out of trees..cooled it down some...

hugs and prayers stay cool

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i am back !! had a great time - rode a ton of rides - a few i probably houldnt have and one i can pretty much promise i will never do again LOL WHAT WAS I THINKING !!!
    work was so crazy that weekend i had 2 day of over FT work so i took an extra overnight and we got back today about 3:30.

Maui sorry about all the dental stuff- glad you didnt hurt yourself with your fall

Smom - glad you enjoyed SF

FW - sorry for your DS- but honestly if my adult son ever called me the C- word i would probably just instinctively/ reflex like kick him in the balls - i helped make those balls and i can help break them if need be and OMG my husband would have such a fit i dont think an apology would ever stand . it would be By by - ta ta - get a job live on your own hit the reality of how easy you had it and how bad he screwed it up !! and i really am not a violent person but if someone is going to dig that deep to hurt me they would say that- well they are going to hurt too !

OMG i just fell asleep next to my puter on the bed reading things and now i forget all the other stuff i planned to say .

I remember a indian burial- new washer dryer and mattress ( i think FW2) - drs appts being made-
    an 8 hour job that went to a neighbor - a young son getting a cool b-day gift and for some reason a neighbor complaining about a pot smoking dog and in my mind i know that cant be right - but my vision is blurring i am so tired after all the driving and then a 1/2 day work today i cant even go back and check >

prayers and hug to everyone i am falling back to sleep as we speak ,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM that heat is awful - just way too hot. A few summers ago we had a heat wave like that, it was 105+ for two weeks and our A/C is really old and it doesn't get cold like it used to and I was hoping it wouldn't conk out so I know what its like. Take care, stay cool and drink lots of water .
    “When you get to the end of all the light you know
    and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
    faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
    you will be given something solid to stand on,
    or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

“Our Earth is degenerate in these later days;
    there are signs that the world is speedily
    coming to an end;
    bribery and corruption are common; children no
    longer obey their parents;
    every man wants to write a book and the
    end of the world is evidently approaching.”
    — From a translation of an inscription on
    an Assyrian clay tablet, circa 2800 B.C.E.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference

aho mitakuye oyasin

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh what would I ever do w/o u guys.lol
    As far as the neighbor,I was mad because I was right there and we were playing stick and DD and I were hanging. As u know we have struggled recently. she was talking about her depression and how she is behind and sometimes acts out her teenage years and rebellion. It was a great talk until. WOULD U Please take your barking dog in. As DD said people never smell their own SHxx. I about choked when she said it. The dogs have been restless w/ the heat and out much more. We had the mattress and washer/dryer and I got a rocker/couch/etc. SO they bark when I leave them out as we bring things in. She works at the Humane Society as a volunteer-is that irony or what?

I will comment on your stuff tomorrow ladies. I am beat. BBtomorrow. PRAY for RAIN<

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MT5RN, Sleep well tonight! It sounds like you enjoyed your well deserved mini vacation.

Well, I see that it is getting late, so FW, Star, OM, Madhen, GA Peach, Tervs, Maui, Janie, LTD, Nikosan, Val, Madkat, QM, SM and all others sleep well and try and stay cool in this heat wave.

Speaking of which I must be a little dehydrated myself as I am thirsty.

Talk to all of you later.

A2M

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well,I finally got my numbers down.(diabetes The heat really effects me negatively now. I was at 200's and now back to 135ish so still high but better. Poor Dh's leg wasn't going down and the stress at work has been incredible. No one seems to want to cooperate and just play games even if it is in their best interest. Luckily,his leg is better but I worry about hosp. trips and the future of employment.

We took Mackey to the art,beats and eats festival tonight. They were just closing and he got a lot of attention. He is so kind to little kids. He rolls over on his back w/ his feet in the air so they won't be scared,he tickles their toes w/ his nose and holds very still as they pet him.
    I think we are going to a fund raiser/pig roast for a gentleman who got a virus and has a mechanical heart. He had colon cancer too so he has a 5 yr. cancer free wait until they put him on the transplant list. He's 32 w/ a family. Life can get pretty rough.
    Yesterday,was just rough all around. I saw a small girl at a garage sale w/ a styled haircut. She had a cute calico kitten w/ her so I started telling her about a cat I had and said her cut was cute. She says silly it just growing back from chemo. ARGH! So I apologized to her mom and made the comment that I was frustrated that my dad wouldn't seek treatment. She said yeah my dad recently died of a cancerous brain tumor. ARGH. So at that point I looked at her and said. OK thats 2 dumb things i said to you. So I apologise and I'll be leaving now. Sometimes,I just amaze myself w/ my foot in mouth capabilities.

Oh'smom-your sweet but HVAC will be next year. I still don't know how we can afford the washer and dryer. I still need to vaccinate 7 cats,1 dog plus HW test,a liver retest on D's old dog ( to determine continued life or not) and a prescription for joint swelling. We are just way heavy in the pet dept. from decisions made years ago. All my pets are 8-14y.o and I feel bad just ending their life for "cost effectiveness" KWIM. I will have the 1st mortgage paid off in 5 months now freeing up a hunk of money so I jst have to ride it out.
    Glad grandma is doing better. And dinner made my mouth water. We had Walmart pizza Ds made for his dad while we were out.

M25RN-I love that you got so mad for me. He was giving me a hard time about the washing machine lesson tonight too. He can't stand to be told anything. I pointed out where the closest laundromat was. That went over poorly. His dad heard and yelled at him. Dad was suprised over how he talks to me.

Starr-sorry to hear about the bank card debaucle. PEOPLE JUST AMAZE ME. And we are not talking in a good way. Sorry about your heat too.
    A2M-sorry the heat sucked all your energy. That's what tomorrows are for though. Sometimes I will grill early before the sun hits that area. So glad I could resurrect the grill for one more year.

Forgot to say-We also took Mackey for a walk at the state park in the camping area because it was cool. A little girl starts pointing and saying we looks just like Mackey. I said did she say Mackey,no Maggie. And around the corner of the trailer comes Makceys 140# twin. She is a mastiff. We were all laughing. Same colors and everything! Can't imagine a litter of those puppies!. Now I have the camping bug! We also took him to the drive in A/W and got him a hot dog and he very politely waited for his fries.
    Better catch some more ZZZ's that is if I can sleep w/ the neighbors 2 not 1 but 2 yard lights shining in my window (for the last 5 years). I could be so much nastier than I've been. Oh yeash,same neighbor.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well i crossposted with Star last nite get those rats ick! glad the bank stopped the purchase..hope no damage done to your account or credit...

mom25rn glad u had a good vacation...a pot smoking dog lol....

fw i make the same decisions with reguards to pet...i love them and will do with out for them....thank God that they are healthy even the 18 year old dog Pooh...

everyone stay cool as possible.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A quick in friends - DH is coming home today and I have choke to do!! All done with a smile on my face of course!! His 'permanent' move to Kauai will not be until August - so July will have him bouncing back and forth. Need to make his time at home as comfortable as possible. He is retiring and going on SS - has to in order to be able to devote his time to Mom. Finances will be interesting and we will make it work.

Given the heat that you all are living in - I think your lives should go on a time warp - and anytime anyone even thinks about making an obnoxious statement - it should be zapped before it even enters their mouths.

Take care my friends!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

good afternoon all- woke up with a horrid migraine ay 4 am
    all week away even with my mom driving me batty no migraine . i came home and wsa a little pissed that no cleaning was done the kitchen looked like i left it except the extra papers on the table etc - i just felt like he could have straightened a little . he gets mad when i say i do everything because he does help wout with some day to day things but the fact i left and came home and nothing was different proves me my point .

so i spent most of today so far straightening and organizing
    and mentally planning a few days at shore when dh is off maybe sat sun and monday night and i will work tues afternoon when we get home.

that way i only miss one day of work so they cant get too cranky about that .

of course have to see what it costs too because if i do it it will have to be with enough room for all 7 of us .

anyway back to cleaning and organizing its about 100 out there today . lovely

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

AAAAAfternoon to ya all.
    M25RN-slept in because I didn't sleep w/ the heat. Graphite looking stuff on the kitchen floor-DH and no dishes done for2 days-DD and wrappers and bits left from late night eating-Ds. Yikes

Going out w/ DH for a bit of fun. Will prob. hit the park to read. Maybe take some pizza,grapes and drinks. Free is the name of this game. DH wants to take Yogi but I know that will be work as he can't just sit. Dh needs a break and obviously so do I.
    BBL hugs all