Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 223
Page 223 of 347 FirstFirst ... 123173213220221222223224225226233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

oh'smom-then prayers it is
    The dogs are fun and now we are those people. Ya know the crazies who take their dogs out for ice cream and the beach or park. We are mom and dad. Dh has really bonded w/ the Yogi and gets a kick out of him. As we speak his furry butt is planted on my mattress,expensive new one. They have a woodpile of sticks and 2 pools. Yogi will play stick until the dang thing is a toothpick size. We throw it in the pool and he does a scuba steve thing. He's such a trip.

POlly-miss ya. Tell Hubby-pfffffft for me ! We DO EXIST!
    Off to read.
    SM-forgot to say I like nectarines. You should pulverize some and add yogurt ans sm. sugar to make sophie ice pops

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

well-at least the temp broke. Just for today it is in the 70's.
    DH and I may go to the 4-H fair.

DD and her friends are making me insane. I have a 2 piece couch that her BF wanted but now not because he's allergic to cats.
    So maybe her other friend wanted it,no,now yes,
    Really I don't want to pay for garbage service but next she will ask me to deliver to the trailer pk. I know she means well but.... I'm busy.lol

Finished DD's dogs liver meds. She needs a reckeck to see her numbers. Either way-this is the last effort I can make. She is 14 and arthritic,fat and bloaty. I figure she is costing me about $150. a month in meds. I feel bad but I gave her an extra 7 mo. so if this is it...
    Well better go the washer is calling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw why do people want something then don't drives me wild
    U gave the dog a little extra time if it is uncomfortable and/or u can't afford it then time to ler her go it is hard.
    pooh the 18 year old is kicking she just bit my ankle for me to pick her up...

grandma is slaving away I am so mad because she never moves I told her beds sores was going to infected if she roll over...she told her nephew that she gets up every morning and washes dishes after coffee.. I laughed so hard I spit clear acroos the room... Then my friend looked at me today and said grandma is hitting those xanax really hard..I spit again and said like skittles man..

I need a vacation so bad...

hugs and prayers love penny

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

prayers for debcat and polly
    my dh better not tell me no internet we might be divorced- its my sanity saving down time, plu for resaearch and saving $ etc its well worth it for me but i understand how men can eb when i old on ebay as my job and was up late listing etc after the kids were asleep he acted like it was a personal offence to him like i was having a secret affair etc i also know some back away when life is stresfull i think i am the opposite when upet or stresed i am on more LOL

forget who aked sorry - my fibro is there not real bad but not real good just chugging along lol

woke with a migraine and slept late trying to catch up on lost sleep from night before went to walgreens and cvs for some deals- came home very nauseuos took a nap felt better went to grocery picked up some sale steaks for dinner- yummm
    also worked onn college stuff with billy - opting out of the campu insurance ( we have insurance and he i living at home so made sense ) figured out what he would need as far as a meal plan and did a parent plus loan app for what he needs over his scholarship costs.

they dont have the loan jordan had anymore where it was in his name - but i have no worries that billy will pay it back when he is out of school- .

he has a job interview tommorrow at a nearby CVS .
    i was telling him that if he banks alot of his money he may not need to take out any loans or alot less the next year . he liked that idea .

now i am just resting 'i won a free box of tissues in superfresh's new game lol
    would rather have the year of free grocerys or 25000 !!

megan is still sore- she is like me though doent like ot moan and groan around people feel a need to fake all is ok and be strong - but she took her crutches and is still using them.
    have a feeling we may be headed for a mri tomorrow - esp since it want her falling down but it giving out and her falling down .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

M25RN-you are JUST ZOOMING/ That was me last year w/ college. We opted out of college ins. too because ours covered him there. Home was still his perm address And a hosp. was attached to the campus w/ a deal where they charged copays to his college expense acct. I miss him going. But he needs to pine awhile and mature. IMHO.
    No worries about the internet here DH is a comp geek. Although,he does go "I'm going to bed now". UH HUH,

Falling skies tonight for anyone else into that. 9 pm I think.

Ok what would u do? I bought $28. worth of steak for our anniv. very unusual. I go out tonight and there's good old BF w/ DD just not moving on my deck. I don't want to share,it's a family thing. I am kinda outta like w/ the guy as he cancelled plans w/ her 2 nights in a row and makes tons of stupid comments. He won't get a hearing aid so he never knows if people are talking to him or not and always answers. So I wanted him to leave so I could grill. What would you do. He doesn't get hints well. At all honestly. BUT DD loves him. Would you just say well we have plans see ya. Or is there a better way. Finally he goes after DD says well I have dishes and you have laundry. Even then he didn't want to go. Another fight w/ his dad.

Oh'smom-the worst part is grandma may believe herself. I have never gotten a dog past this 14yo one. I just wish it were clearer cut like w/ my Good dog. I don't why I can't be harder. The money not spent would be enormous and shes never bee the easiest dog.

Costco is callin' I need a new grill and a power washer. no yes NO yes NOOO. Whew that was hard.lol I want a new toy for our anniv.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw pooh was vecious when she was younger but is so sweet now

enjoy the steak

maybe grandma does believe herself i don't know but it was comical....
    enjoy a new grill and powerwasher

grandma leaves Tuesday and I am so looking forward to it. peace and quiet....
    g nite everyone
    hugs and prayers to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

watched falling skies. Decided today we would decompress.
    So no fair. I prefer to go early morning weekday anyway.
    Better Sunday than usual.

Getting the cable box for upstairs this week. We can watch movies in bed! old people romance-Ahh.lol

Well better hit the hey. Still loving this bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning all! Just popping in briefly to say that! We got back from Busch Gardens yesterday afternoon. Man, was it hot! Drank lots and lots of liquids and took a break in early afternoon and went back to the hotel to cool off. The littles and dh went for a swim while ds20 and I chilled in the room. We decided to eat in the room also rather than tailgate. It made the heat more tolerable. I was happy 'cause we all avoided sunburn and heatstroke in the over 100 degree temp! Anyway, we all managed to have some much-needed fun and a vacay away from our home. I've always liked going somewhere and staying in a hotel. Next time we go we'll add Water Country to the mix.

I took ds10 for his pottery club downtown on Thursday...can't remember if I mentioned that. Anyway, it was a lot of fun! He painted a plate and I painted a small pitcher for cream or 1/2 and 1/2. The place is called "the Accidental Artist" and it looks really funky and plays awesome tunes while you work. I loved it! Ds liked it too and I can't wait til we can go back. He got a really cool t-shirt with his membership. He gets a discount on his pottery pieces with his membership and I got a 25% off discount 'cause I did the project of the month which was a pitcher. They have date nights, college nights, girls' night outs, etc. with discounts.

I harvested peas, chili peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants from the gardens when I got back! We're having veggie night tonight! I make eggplant fingers fried with a horseradish-based dip that is so good! We'll also have squash from my parents' garden and maybe some lacy cornbread and cukes. I love the summer produce! Yum!

Well...bbl...take care all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wanted to stop by & say HI.

My rash is running rampant. Its really BAD... speading & itching. Dermatologist was off last week, but I called first thing this morning. They may call me in something (within 24-48hrs). Oh pretty please & HURRY! Otherwise, they'll see me Wednesday since I have an appt? My follow up is the 20th & have no idea where the Wed appt came from, but I'll take it. Wonder if someone else will show up for that appt? Plan to take a book in case there's a longer wait. Can't believe I'm missing work for other dr appt, but this rash is driving me crazy. Not to mention the number it is doing on my S.I.

Work is kinda the same. Trying to muddle through until my rash clears up, cause who would hire me. Plus, health insurance comes it handy when they're prescribing 3 meds per visit. Chung Ching $$$

Hope everyone is staying cool... sending lots positive thoughts & prayers.

May Groceries $228/275 Pet Supplies $109/130
    Coupons $24.99
    April Groceries $280/275 Pet Supplies $118/130
    Coupons $36.44
    Coupon Saving 2014 $153.91
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Only two posts for the day...Wow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent the day crashed w/ allergies. My eyes watered so bad all day so I finally took an allergy pill that knocked me out. Did manage to get a yellow jacket sting. The old beagle got it 2x more today. He and yogi got it 2 days ago too.

Well,Ddad is phasing again, I believe. Today he could not believe it was Mon. Mom told him several times and I backed it up. He hasn't been off like this for awhile so who knows. He is supposed to take mom to the Dr.'s tomorrow so I am worried.

JanieD-thats a long time to suffer, is it gross enough to wander into the er? It still sounds like poison ivy to me. Boy,one time DH hit so ggrowing under some grape vines w/ the weed wacker. Derm said it was the worst he'd seen and that DH was an inch away from a hosp. visit. (head to toe)

Val-glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    Sound hit the hay. At least its cooler.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, sorry you're not feeling well. It's amazing sometimes how awful an allergy can make you feel, isn't it? We had a hellacious evening around here and now all is quiet. The kids went to my parents' and dh is asleep I guess...don't really care. If I didn't have to take the dogs out tomorrow, I'd probably stay in bed all day and sleep. Sometimes I wonder why I signed up for this wife/mother crap! Wish I could run away personally...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs everyone Janie that is along time for a rash..go to the er and get a shot! Ithink I have poision Sumac. I have a rash thought it was a couple flea bites from the dogs but it is not it has spread and itches deep.

val your dinner sounded delish...and sounds like u had some much needed fun.I don't know why we sign up for mother/wife crap... we are glutton for punishment I guess.

fw the bee sting I got was horrible swelled and itched like crazy..hugs

grandma is leaving in the morning and her nephew is very akward..he keeps sticking his foot in his and he drinks too much...he called a 13 year child a hooker that he had never seen before.... I laid in to him and told him he was horrible...

well off to bed sweet dreams

hugs and prayers penny

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sounds like everyone needs a vacation.
    DD went off on me too this morn. I insisted that we scrub the couches and she was pixxed. She called me a big B,then I told her to go live elsewhere,then she comes back all sorry. I told her I am tired of her explosions and that I am over her sorry's too. I mean I just cant give her friends a filthy,furry couch. It's on the lawn drying. Neighbors LOVE me again. These guys are just starting out and live in a T.park. So I wanted to help. Silly me
    Val-So I get it. Also,I have never had allergies this bad.

Well off to have some breakfast. I really just want DD to leave-soon. I feel bad about that but maybe a few hard knocks are in order. Apparently BF can cover her on his ins.-woot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want ds20 to leave soon also and preferably never come back! I told dh yesterday that as an actor he has sooooo much drama always associated with him, but dang it, he's not getting paid for it. I won't go into all of the details except to say that once again he has dragged drama into our lives in the form of a phone call that my 14-yr-old answered while home alone in which the person said they were going to kill him. Just last week someone came up to our house while the littles were here alone and no cars were in the yard, didn't knock, but grabbed the doorknob and rattled it to see if the house was unlocked. I'd be willing to bet my life, that THAT was associated with ds20 also. As for the phone incident, the dummy that called didn't think about the fact that his number would show up on our phone's log so I called it and of course he claimed he didn't call here. I said well that's funny 'cause your number is right here on my phone. He knew ds20's name (he said it, I didn't), and he knew our UNLISTED phone number and he told me what ds20 drives so I ask you...Do you think ds20 knows this person? Yeah...I thought so too and I can bet what the association is. My parents of course came to 'rescue' him and ended up taking all of the kids over to their house. Ds20 broke one of our porch spindles (pulled it out and broke it in half), stabbed and cut my coffee table and our beautiful, expensive entertainment center, and stabbed a knife into the pantry door which is still there. This was all because I said that the person who called had to know him or know "of" him. Oh, I forgot to say that this person gave me some info about ds that just anyone wouldn't know. I got called the "b" word and worse too, FW. Anyway, I'm glad to be alone today...feels peaceful! Some people just always seem to have drama around them due to the lifestyle they lead and at my age, I don't want it around me. Wouldn't have wanted it when I was younger either. It's all about choices. When you choose to live your life in a questionable way, you attract idiots that are all too happy to help you make your life even more miserable and unfortunately the people around you too. My ds doesn't understand that concept. He's just poor percecuted T.