Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 45
Page 45 of 347 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595145 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

N26- Glad you are reuniting w/ your sister. i was not blessed w/ one so I envy you that bond.
    Those are some long labors. DD took 10hrs. but only 3 pushes and Ds about 3hrs and 2 pushes. You are tougher than me!.

MM-morning!
    Mama-get your behind back in here! Talk about light stuff and work back in if ya want.

Heading to K-mart soon as they have pkgs. of socks 2/1. and extreme winter clearance for MLK. I may grab some more pattern too at Joannes at .99 they are such a steal and w/ DD there we looked more at stuff for her. She is distracting when she gets excited about stuff but it was good to hang. I think she was nervous having mom at her work. I don't know if she thought I would get up on a table and dance or what? I usually save that for church.lol
    Got to get serious w/ my friend Mr.Vaccumn too-yuck!
    And a few loads of laundry,endless laundry!
    Have a great day all!!

Qm-sorry things have gotten worse. Prayer sent to you and yours.
    Last edited by frugalwarrior2; 01-16-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~Excuses excuses but every time this week I got a minute to read and post here, the thread won't load and my server "resets". Urg! That only happens here at FV.
    That's terrible, Constance! Maybe you should tell a mod! Oh, wait....

Congrats on the baby and on the new relationship. It took my sister getting cancer to get the two of us on the path to mending our very tattered relationship (as in, we hadn't spoken a word to each other for over a decade). I am glad you have a much more pleasant reason!! I really enjoy my sister's company now, even though we are still two very different people.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Heading to K-mart soon as they have pkgs. of socks 2/1. and extreme winter clearance for MLK.
    Something about this cracked me up. I wonder what Dr. King would think of the anniversary of his birthday being equivalent to two-for-one socks at K-Mart? If I ever accomplish anything big enough to have my birthday become a federal holiday, I want to pick what goes on sale in my honour!!
    DH aka Mad Hen

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all. Feeling a bit better today. Could be the fact that thanks to MLK, I have the day off. FW/no socks for me today at KMart. I will be spending the day playing catch up. Bathrooms are going to become science labs soon, if I don't get down to the business of cleaning them soon.
    Laundry needs attention. All those dress clothes we had out for the funerals need hung and put away.
    I need to bake bread, do some inventory and pay some bills.
    The sun is shining so that helps my mood, but it is cold out. A perfect window day. It's nice to look out the window at the weather, but not the place to be spending any time.
    I hope everyone has a great day. Prayers and hugs to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like the term "window day," dean, and I may just have to steal it from you.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning Ladies! I'm at work today, yeah, it's a holiday, but my department has to work, the rest of the other 2 buildings here are empty! The good part about that is I get paid overtime for today, so that always helps. Spent some time yesterday cleaning, pitching and organizing the bathroom, it feels so good to have a bunch of stuff gone out of there! I have a tiny bathroom! Have to get working on the rest of my house, I have to take at least the first layer of dust off before my mom comes to stay for a few days.

Crimeny, the emails just don't stop, guess I better get at it. I hope everyone has a great day! Hugs and prayers to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry you have to work, tervs, but YEA on the OT! Mine is built into my salary, except under very specific circumstances, so I don't get to see extra $$ on the paycheck very often. It is always kind of a kick, though, when it happens!
    DH aka Mad Hen

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so tired. I only got about 5-1/2 hours of sleep last night.

I'm so glad that I took the day off. The nurses from last night and this morning are doing and saying two separate things. The nurse from last night said he shouldn't have watery mush because he can't swallow and could choke. And the nurse this morning has been giving him the watery mush which has got his breathing really gurgled and terrible again. I'm waiting for the head nurse to ask what they SHOULD be doing.

The head nurse should be here soon. BBL...
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    On November 8th - 135.6 lbs
    1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

November No Spend Challenge /6 No Spend Days
    8th (), 9th (), 10th (), 11th (), 12th (), 13th (), 14th (), 15th (), 16th (), 17th (), 18th (), 19th (), 20th (), 21st (), 22nd (), 23rd (), 24th (), 25th (), 26th (), 27th (), 28th (), 29th (), 30th ()

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $57,400.14 (as of November 29th, 2014 - 5 years, 3 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $20,633.60 (as of November 29th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $28,586.74 (as of November 29th, 2014)
    $36,457.09 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown of Grand Total - see below
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,148.65 winter tires & rims for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 new-to-us van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning all it is cold and sunny a window day as dean calls it gona clean today . i slacked off this weekend
    thank u maui and mamma i am amazed by all the women here i am in wonderful company
    qm prayers for your family and grandpa hugs
    nuisance congrats on the nephew and your relationship with sis
    fw2 have fun K and jo ann's hope u get lots of bargains
    dean I am also cleaning and enjoying the view a window as u call it.
    trevs sorry u have to work but OVERTIME is good. a super clean bathroom is such a victory. shame it does not stay that way lol.
    well I am going to the shower and lots of housework have a great day all
    Last edited by oheoh's momma; 01-16-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: i am a idiot

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, today is the last push to get my kitchen where I want it. It is my January project, and my SI will definitely get a boost if I actually accomplish it!! I have been working on it, off and on, and kind of finally just did a big push over the weekend. Happily, I have today off, thanks to MLK, so I am hoping to get the last of the big stuff done, if not the whole project.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

madhen- thanks, I can't wait for him to finally be able to experience that, your right just watching him makes everything else fade away

Valerian- thank you! he's in a 10 right now (toddler) but could function in up to a 12. My family runs a winter/snow based business and has since before I was born. I was raised in snow! Makes me sad he hasn't gotten to yet.

Uniwolf- thank God he is fine and no problems from the potpourri incident. Im so glad to hear an opinion from someone who has them! Makes me feel so much better, thank you! Thats what worries me most, the stream of ick. def going to get this done asap! theres life to be lived!

oheoh- hugs! Friendship with other women and listening to their lives can really make you stronger and humble! I'm so grateful for this site, this thread, and all of you amazing women! Your right we will get through what plagues us and over our hurdles and be stronger for it.

constance- congrats on your new nephew! I have 3 and a niece, they're amazing My labor was only 10 hours(naturally) and he weighed 9lbs 8oz, I can't imagine labor that long! I paid for the length with size though lol. I can't complain though, I'll take healthy and big!

My house is a disaster, but I won't be getting anything done today. Last night db told me he wants to work on fixing our relationship and be a better father and "for lack of a better word" a better husband. While thats amazing and something I've waited a long time for, he kept me up till 1230 (after parker woke me up at 430 yesterday morning) and Parker woke me up at 245 and I've been up ever since. Its 1110 now and he's been passed out in my lap on the couch since 1030. Hasn't done that in well over a year. Got a nasty cough that makes it hard to sleep and wakes him up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dean-good luck w/ geting everything accomplished today. It is about 15 degrees here too. I am running around the house toasty in flip flops I am having a difficult time venturing out. I may "tea up" before I set out.

MadHen-are you poking fun at me? I just can't stand those commercials w/ Lincoln and Washington either. It seems so wrong! Even Santa for that matter. Anything for advertising?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not at you, fw2. Just the idea of celebrating MLK by offering 2-for-1 socks tickled me.
    DH aka Mad Hen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM- you are right DD2 has cancer and goes in next week for surgery. Prayer has been a mainstay in my life for many a year.

MM- I think that being a woman is automatically a challenge. If you choose to take care of your family. There are those who are very selfcentered that do not have those challenges, but that is JMO. I hope you have beautiful week.

DebbieCat- hope you slept well, and have a great day.

Mamamia- interaction, even if you don’t talk about your troubles to us is better for you than not interacting at all. It will give you peace of heart. Hugs and Prayers .

QM- Do not feel bad for taking the day off. True love and family will trump money everytime. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. May his passing be peaceful, if the Lord is ready to call him Home.

VAL- this is the site that I have been looking at … Wine Making Bottles | HomeBrewIt.com

N26- so awesome that you are on a road to better with your sis. So glad that you got to be the first to hold your nephew. Hugs
    FW2- lol I need to replace my Mr. Vaccumn, so we are getting along less than normal. But I guess after about 15 years, with dogs, cats, and all the junk that hubby tracks in, he has a right to not be doing well. But I hate buying a new one. But you could come do my vaccumning for me, and then I wouldn’t be able to out do you
    MadHen- you crack me up, and you and N26 give me hope that one day my sister will turn into a human being, course ya just never know. Congrats on the kitchen push.
    Dean- so happy that you are feeling better. I hope that it will improve daily for you. Hugs I like the whole window day idea, that sounds like a term I may through at hubbs one of these days

Tervs- I hope you have a reasonably quiet day.

AP- lol my baby is 23, and is the one with cancer. However I have 2 grandchildren by my oldest DD, who are 2 yrs old and almost 5 months. But I do remember where my grey hair came from. I hope that baby boy feels better soon. Also hope that your long talk will help your relationship get where you want it to be.

Ugh; so far behind on all of my challenges. DD2 is starting to get nervous about her surgery. So is in need of alot of Mom time. We spent most of the weekend curled up together on the couch watching so very old movies. So hardly anything accomplished this weekend. But she is worth it, and we will shortly be through this first hurdle and then pray that any that follow are small and easy to handle.
    Hugs and prayers to all, once again if I missed anyone I am sorry. Everyone have a wonderful day ... Blessings

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Uniwolf View Post
    OM- you are right DD2 has cancer and goes in next week for surgery. Prayer has been a mainstay in my life for many a year.

MM- I think that being a woman is automatically a challenge. If you choose to take care of your family. There are those who are very selfcentered that do not have those challenges, but that is JMO. I hope you have beautiful week.

DebbieCat- hope you slept well, and have a great day.

Mamamia- interaction, even if you don’t talk about your troubles to us is better for you than not interacting at all. It will give you peace of heart. Hugs and Prayers .

QM- Do not feel bad for taking the day off. True love and family will trump money everytime. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. May his passing be peaceful, if the Lord is ready to call him Home.

VAL- this is the site that I have been looking at … Wine Making Bottles | HomeBrewIt.com

N26- so awesome that you are on a road to better with your sis. So glad that you got to be the first to hold your nephew. Hugs
    FW2- lol I need to replace my Mr. Vaccumn, so we are getting along less than normal. But I guess after about 15 years, with dogs, cats, and all the junk that hubby tracks in, he has a right to not be doing well. But I hate buying a new one. But you could come do my vaccumning for me, and then I wouldn’t be able to out do you
    MadHen- you crack me up, and you and N26 give me hope that one day my sister will turn into a human being, course ya just never know. Congrats on the kitchen push.
    Dean- so happy that you are feeling better. I hope that it will improve daily for you. Hugs I like the whole window day idea, that sounds like a term I may through at hubbs one of these days

Tervs- I hope you have a reasonably quiet day.

AP- lol my baby is 23, and is the one with cancer. However I have 2 grandchildren by my oldest DD, who are 2 yrs old and almost 5 months. But I do remember where my grey hair came from. I hope that baby boy feels better soon. Also hope that your long talk will help your relationship get where you want it to be.

Ugh; so far behind on all of my challenges. DD2 is starting to get nervous about her surgery. So is in need of alot of Mom time. We spent most of the weekend curled up together on the couch watching so very old movies. So hardly anything accomplished this weekend. But she is worth it, and we will shortly be through this first hurdle and then pray that any that follow are small and easy to handle.
    Hugs and prayers to all, once again if I missed anyone I am sorry. Everyone have a wonderful day ... Blessings
    Lol when I said "Im glad to hear from someone who has them" I was referring to the teeth I think it was you that said that you did anyways...I may just be crazy.

I'll be praying your daughters surgery goes well and she gets the outcome she needs. *hugs*