Frugal Village Forums banner

Our 2012 Self Image Challenge

181K views 5K replies 54 participants last post by  oheoh's momma 
#1 ·
I just LOVE you gals!!!!! This thread is THE best thread on FV.... I think!

Anyone can join in the fun...we welcome all but beware...we are a chatty group! :laugh:

2012 is going to be a GREAT year!

Let's get started! :)

#1,189 ·
Hi all,

I have been busy with school, I think this semester is more hectic than last semester because I have one extra class (lab) that I need for transfer purposes. Plus, I usually have one evening class - not this semester, I have all daytime classes. All that, plus how they're scheduled is making it harder to get homework/studying done in the daytime when DH is not home and the house is quiet. Not to worry, I will be able to keep up. I just might have to sequester myself in the bedroom more often, or go to the college library on Saturdays.

I like my lab class (geology lab). We get to do interesting things but man he really keeps us busy for the whole time. Thank god I have a smart young man in my lab group - I struggle at times with things like the math portion, or like today - we made 3-D structures of rock layers, and another written activity about rock layers, and you had to mentally figure out how the layers would appear in the cutaway section (the 3rd dimension), plus label them accordingly with the proper symbols. Not easy with curvy structures. Anyways, he's smart like that so I was able to find out from him how these should look. I'd be lost without him that's for sure.

DH has to work a half-day tomorrow so that will give me time to get caught up on my reading. And I have one small paper to write. Already found the article I need for it, it's pretty neat actually. Its about spherical microscopic fossils that look like baseballs and soccer balls. They're extremely old - they say they are one of the oldest (if not the oldest) animal fossils they've found. They think they were either some kind of embryo or a protist.

Okay, that's enough chattering from me for now. I hope you all have a great weekend.

#1,191 ·
Dean- J Yeah, on Liam being home all safe and sound.

FW2- lol I shudder to think of what my kids would stockpile if you told them that they absolutely had too. I completely agree on the whole possible bi-polar thing, if not the possible onsets of alshimerz(sp). LOL I also concure about the whole kid thing L. I seriously think that we (hubbs and I ) did something wrong in raising our 3, even when I was still in high school, living with my parents, I did way more than any one of the 3 of ours do. Makes me shake my head at myself. LOL your story about DH and the federal agent made me laugh, why of course we all do our weekly meetings with the “feds” at the local Mc Donalds, that is to cute J My fav saying with the B word is as follows; I am not a b*tch, I am THE b*tch, and that is Ms. B*tch to you. Thank you very much

OM- Thank you so much for the prayers. I so seriously hope that you get help of some kind from the medical community on grandma. Well glad to see that you at least have a starting place as far as working on the different things with grandma, google can be your best friend in the case of having a diagnoses, but not knowing what that diagnoses means. Lol I liked the wet hen, sorry Mad Hen . Sorry about the nerve damage pain, I can relate though. Hope that you find out what is wrong quickly, and that it is minor. Prayers. But please, please, get thy self to the Dr.

Debbiecat- ugh, feel for your son on the food poisioning, hubbs and I had it this past summer, SO very NOT fun. Hope you feel better soon. Happy belated Birthday.

QM- good job on the good deals at the grocery store, and good luck on the weatherstripping for your van. Great score on the footwear, prayers for your DH. And prayers for guidance for you on the family need thing.

M25RN- Great news about hubby, so glad that he got another job, prayers for DS getting one quickly, don’t push yourself to the point where your body just flat out says I’m done, and you can’t at that point do what you do now. That would be worse. IMO Ummm sounds like you may want to maintain custody of your castiron frying pan. Way to go on the presentaion thing.

Trevs- I will try to remember to post the recipe that I used for it this weekend. If I don’t get it done please remind me. If you find someplace to get motivation, please let me know where you find it. .

LTD- prayers that things go well for your hubbys appointment. Will keep your hubby in prayer, that they can do it the easy way and for a quick recovery. I will say prayers for both of you, that he behaves him self and that you don’t knock him silly if he doesn’t. :p

Star- thank you for the info on Vit D. My dr is always grouching that I need to be taking it and Vit B-12, my body doesn’t use the B-12 like it is suppose to. He hasn’t said exactly why on the Vit D yet. But I am sure he will get around to it someday.

MM- Please don’t ignore it to much, this crazy bug I have started with a snuffy nose and a sore throat like a cold would. 2 ½ weeks, 2 zip packs of antibiotics, perscription cough syrup later, I am down to a snuffy nose, and a cough that will not go away. Dr. says that it is a wicked virus that is going around that is not quite the flu. Gee way to go Mel, get something that isn’t quite something else ….. Pfht. Ugh, sorry you got ill. High five for you DH though on making you fresh soup.

A2M- Hugs and prayers to you and your hubby

Madkat- hope for his sake that DS passes his test. Sorry hubby didn’t get to rest up from the travel.

Val- so glad to hear about your aunt and the way that the family is pulling together, also very glad that the police didn’t want your DS for anything other than questions about this other guy. Hope your Dr. gets back soon so you can get the headache taken care of. Also glad that you are going to get to spend time with your mom. That is awesome. UGH so sorry about DH. I know, I know, its because he is from Robeson County, or at least that is what I tell mine when he pulls those “just what the hell were you thinking moments” I then tell him if he wasn’t a Robesonian, the thought process would have never gone c, j, z it would have been abc. ( he is not ever overly impressed with this theory of mine, but it does work for me J ) However bad as you may not want to hear it, MadHen has a very good point. I know the schools there were bad when we left, and from what I have heard from a cousin who is a teacher (just outside of Raleigh,) they just keep getting worse.

Vanilla- keep a close eye on the blood pressure. So many issues that can arise with that. Or at least that has been the experience in my family anyway.

Madhen- So very glad to hear that Girls eye is doing so very much better. Have you asked them (the animals) who was next, or if they were going to give you a break from the vet for a while?

GA Peach- awesome news about renting your house. And thankful that your test came back negative.

Janie D- hope that life slows down enough for you to take a deep breath.

N26- Don’t you hate that people try and try to get you to meet with them, and then when you do, they have literaly (sp) nothing to say.

Hmcart- prayers for your oldest, when they lose friends like that it can be so very hard for them.

Polly- glad that you used the Redken things for yourself. Because yes, you are important. Glad that your MIL gave you a small SI boost. I love night cloths, sometimes I just want a raggy old t-shirt, but sometimes I want the pretty stuff too, also have wayyyy more of it too :p

Okay ladies, have been working on this for about 3 hrs off and on, so I am probably missing some posts. Haven't been on much for most of the week, was out of work sick all week last week, made it to work this week, but that was about it. Would come home and go to bed. Lived on cough drops and rx cough syrup. Then brilliant self of me, went to the stupid dermatoligist(sp) today. To have pain inflicted on myself, with the removal of about 20 skin tags and moles :( . Now all the little places hurt like he$$. I hope everyone that I missed as I was going through posts, cause I am sure I missed someone(s), will forgive me. I hope that everyone is feeling better. Hugs, Prayers, and thoughts go out to everyone. Debbiecat, sorry that I missed your birthday, I hope that you are feeling better. Hugs.
Blessings to all.

#1,192 ·
Hi all!

OM - I hope you are feeling better and I agree, go and see the doctor!

tervs - how nice to take the afternoon off! Sounds like you made productive use of the time. Enjoy your weekend!!! :)

FW - winter blues here too my friend....everyone is driving me nuts and I would rather just be left alone. I hope we can both shake this soon! :hugz:

star - what an interesting class! If I had the money, I would love to be a professional student! :laugh: I love learning new things all the time. :)

uni- thanks for the birthday wishes. I hope you are feeling better...been under the weather myself the last few day. :hugz:

m25 - so happy to hear about your Dh and Ds starting work! That's wonderful! :)

QM - great score!!! I hope she is enjoying the chocolate bars. :)

madkat - that's awesome you are teaching yourself to knit! Beware though...it's addicting! :laugh:

A2M - I hope you are enjoying your evening! :)

madhen - I will have to remember the b%tch saying....I could use it quite often around here! :toothy:

val - sending prayers! :hugz:

dean and polly - :hugz:

Well off to go and knit. I am hoping this flu passes by morning...I haven't walked for two mornings and I am beginning to feel fat! :laugh: Even though I haven't gained anything....all I want to do is eat...soup, crackers, mac and cheese...all the comfort foods. :thud:

Have a great evening everyone and hugs to all!

#1,193 ·
DebC-take care. The uneveness gets me. It AdHd i know but sometimes it gets me when i am already struggling w/ winter. I must say dec, and Jan were better than usual. I hope things go better for you soon.

I was touched at DD. She made cupcakes and mini ones w/ homemade frosting. I can't have one until she decorates. I laughed. always the artist. I may go to Don Pablos for lunch tomorrow.

#1,194 ·
Uniwolf - I think your post should go in the Guiness Book for being the longest post on FV! Wow! :D

Star - That sounds confusing!:lol: Before you know it you'll be done school! Times flies when you're having fun! :laugh:

O's Mom - How are you feeling now? :hugz: I wish you'd go get seen by the doctor at least. :sigh:

Debbie - Get well soon! Maybe you'll wake up tomorrow morning as good as new!

FW2 - Yum! :hungry: Cupcakes! Throw me one through the computer. K?

Watched the last-ever Chuck! So much for that show! It was great while it lasted. :sigh:

I should probably go to bed now. I plan to tidy and organize the house for Monday's interview.

I have a new plan about taking on this daycare child. I could interview them and tell them that I know of someone who could take their daughter from June to September until I have space in September. The daycare provider who mentioned this said that she's done it for another daycare provider-friend of hers. It should/could work as long as the daycare parents are okay with both of us and okay with switching the baby after 3 months of care. I'll phone the provider tomorrow and see if I should phone them before the interview or tell them my idea during the interview.

Well, gotta go to sleep! Have a good night, all! :D

Reactions: Debbie-cat
#1,195 ·
QM-I'd be afraid I'd lose the family that way? Do you absolutely trust this other person?

Ds is making sausage and hashbrowns. Apparently DD used ALL the eggs. Ds is not amused.
Dh is no where to be seen. I had a card left on my computer saying spend $50. on ebay. Kinda lame. I know he went out shopping,chances are he only got a card.lol

Anyway,everyone have a great day!

#1,199 ·
QM-I'd be afraid I'd lose the family that way? Do you absolutely trust this other person?
Yes, I absolutely trust this person. IF I were to lose this family to her (and I'm quite confident I wouldn't since she's NOT interested in it being permenant), then I'm no further "behind" then I am right now. If the daycare parent is interested with this idea, then I'll tell her we could go ahead and interview for September or before to see if we're the right match to begin with. If she really likes what she sees, then she could go ahead and interview my friend for the summer daycare. If she's not interested in this idea, then that's the way it's gotta be I guess. I don't like "losing" this family for the sake of faithfulness to my current family considering they're leaving in September anyways, but I also have only ever left families on the best of terms. KWIM?

#1,196 ·
Aww FW :hugz: I hope he's out getting your something now. VERY sweet DD.

I still haven't quite forgiven my DH for blowing off our anniversary without so much as a Happy Anniversary until I said it, and Christmas being a chocolate bar, trust me, the chocolate bar did not count. He only bought it because he wanted one, and could not come home with one bar just for him. So he walks in after picking DS1 up from work with 2 chocolate bars in hand, hands one to me and declares it's my Christmas present. I'm sure my upcoming birthday will pass with even less fanfare.

:hugz: Debbie, I hope you feel better soon. Praying it passes quickly.

Dean- You've been on my mind, Prayers as always.

Uniwolf- You never forget anybody, your the Superwoman of posting! :) I hope you are well. Continued prayers.

O-s Mom, I hope you are feeling some better today. Continued prayers.

Star- School prayers :hugz:

M25!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! on the employment!!!! :) That is SUPER news!!! :)

QM- Daycare prayers :hugz:

Reactions: Debbie-cat and dean
#1,197 ·
Polly-these men are so broken. He is is the bsmt reading. (hiding). He is just "without".
Ds was saying he wants to make me an island for the kitchen w/ a butcher block top to put pans and that in! He will meet w/ his friend D to see if they can draw it up.D has a wood shop. I told him on wheels? All his Ddad does is complain about a card table in the middle (very crappy kitchen setup-1970's dk brown/white laminate chipped bar/cement white tile) but I have no bar space.
They put in new cheap cabinet that are too long and it hard to work on the bar.
DD's Bf came over and gave me a funny card and now DD and he are out getting me a suprise.

#1,198 ·
Aww FW, Dang! I really hoped he was out getting you something. Even going and buying breakfast would have been nice. :( I'm sorry.

By bar space, do you mean counter space?

And what a lovely thing for DD & her BF to do! :) It's nice to have a daughter! :)

#1,200 ·
Wow Uni! That was a most impressive post! How do you keep up with it all? Where is this "word pad" thingie in the corner that you spoke of? I need to learn to use that. I like that part about dh being a Robesonian. Maybe that's it and I thought all this time that it was just his idiot parents...;o)! He's been acting a lot happier the last few days and being very sweet and attentive to me. I'm not falling for it, but will use it when I want it! Maybe I can get some chores done out of him because of it!

Star, my youngest would love to go to class with you and study those rocks, etc. He likes geology.

FW, sorry that you're feeling blue and I'm sure that the migraine didn't help. As M25RN said, unless you have migraines you don't understand how things bother them. My kids are so noisy and I keep telling them if they could experience the pain in my head, that they'd be quiet for someone else experiencing it! I also don't think my dh understands how DRAINING it can be to have one for days on end...not just physically, but mentally. After I have a particularly bad one, my head actually feels lighter and clearer the next day. Like you I have been having days where I don't want any of my family around. My bedroom is my refuge and unfortunately even there I get company sometimes. Younger ds tends to follow me around. I'll let him hang out more so than the others 'cause he's the least annoying person here. Walking around the neighborhood has become helpful too, but then our temps are very mild unlike yours. No one else wants to go out and exercise, so I get to go alone or my Mom and I will go together. I'm sorry that your Mom chooses sides. I like the video that Madhen posted, but I get really irritated at being called a b*tch...very insulting for a woman imho. The fastest way to get me acting like one is to call me one. Anyway, I hope that you feel better soon. Can't have my Yankee (lol) counterpart feeling bad!

Madhen, cool video! What movie is that from?

M25RN, yeah...well, we definitely have to keep our insurance 'cause dh and I both have to see our doctors every 3 months and I'd love to see mine monthly...not to mention that we have three kids and also have to keep our dental insurance. This month alone three of us are going to the dentist and then next month one goes to the orthodontist. One is going to the podiatrist on Monday. It goes on and on...Thanks for offering your cast iron pan! I have a couple of them though...lol. Dh definitely needed a whack! My Dad always jokes about me hitting him with a broom and he's been saying that for years! My Dad is a bit, er, strange...lol.

QM, I don't know about involving the other daycare provider...sounds like you could lose the child that way. Is this a close friend? Hope you figure it out soon.

DebC, food poisoning? Ugh! I've had it too many times! I feel for your ds. That's not what you had, is it? Hope you get over your winter blues quickly.

Hey Polly! I got all of my closet done except for cleaning out the cedar chest that I have in there. I want to go through it today sometime. I ran out of steam last night. I didn't get rid of a lot, but I do have a sell pile, a-let-my-Mom-look-at-these-and-see-if-she-wants-any-of-it pile, and a GW pile. I was thrilled to find my missing blue cashmere cardigan that my British friend brought me from England when she visited. It was in a container in the back of my closet that I had forgotten was in there...other interesting items were in there too so I kind of felt like I had a new wardrobe! I love making finds like that! I know that my cedar chest is going to have some treasures too.

Madkat, funny that you used the internet to learn to knit. I'm thinking about trying to learn crochet that way. Did you use YouTube? Dishcloths are the best way to start so it's good that you went that way. I haven't done any knitting since Monday night which is when I have class.

Well, I'm going to get out of here for now. I have laundry to work on and as a treat we're going to all go see Liam Neeson in "The Grey" this afternoon. I love Liam Neeson (so hot!) and fortunately all four of the males in this house count him as one of their favorite actors too so off we go! We're going to the matinee to save money and the kids like having candy so I bought $ boxes at the Dollar Tree and Big Lots and mixed them up into ziplocs which I will be taking in and distributing when the lights go down! I refuse to pay several dollars for one candy bar that's probably stale anyway. I don't feel bad about taking it in anyway 'cause we buy popcorn and drinks for everyone. Well, have a good one and bbl...

#1,208 ·
i get really irritated at being called a b*tch...very insulting for a woman imho. The fastest way to get me acting like one is to call me one.

you know what word turns me into a b*tch with a capital b? Call me hysterical. My dh's favorite word to pull out if he's on the losing end of an argument, or knows he's wrong from the get go. Used to throw me off, and then he'd have the upper hand. I've gotten so much better at fighting now that i know his m.o. Still will almost make my brain implode when he says it, but most of the time i can deflect it and roll it right back to the subject at hand. Makes him crazy i've gotten so good at fighting him. He does not get to win a argument now unless he can convince me and i concede. That is unless he pulls out a new tactic from his arsenal, occasionally he'll trip me up. My dh would never do well with a meek woman, nor does he want one. If that's what he had wanted he's said he would have married christian stepford wife. If there's something i'm not, it's that.

hey polly! I got all of my closet done except for cleaning out the cedar chest that i have in there. I want to go through it today sometime. I ran out of steam last night. I didn't get rid of a lot, but i do have a sell pile, a-let-my-mom-look-at-these-and-see-if-she-wants-any-of-it pile, and a gw pile. I was thrilled to find my missing blue cashmere cardigan that my british friend brought me from england when she visited. It was in a container in the back of my closet that i had forgotten was in there...other interesting items were in there too so i kind of felt like i had a new wardrobe! I love making finds like that! I know that my cedar chest is going to have some treasures too.

wow! Now that was super quick! Love that you found your blue cardigan. I used to have a ton of them 20 years ago, so sorry i got rid of them now that they are back in style. They are so classic they never go out of style really, but my personal style had changed. Love the treasure hunt! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: valerian
#1,202 ·
Okay, I have to admit to doing something yesterday that I am not terribly proud of, but that felt good at the time!

Long rant begins....

I had to get groceries yesterday, and I also had to be out in a particular area that I'm not usually in, so I stopped at the Bel Air out there for my grocery run. I had about $200 worth of groceries in the cart and I walked up to the registers to check out. One register open, with about 4-5 people lined up. Self-registers open, but as I was contemplating that, a cashier who was just sort of standing there caught my eye and asked me if I was ready to check out! I figured it was my lucky day, and I replied, "Yes, I am! Where do you want the cart?" Just as she was starting to reply, she looked over my shoulder and saw another customer who had about 5-6 items in her cart. (My cart was full.) I can't swear to this next part, but I am PRETTY SURE she knew the woman, based on her facial expression when she caught the woman's eye. She then says, to the woman who is behind me, "Are you ready?" The woman says yes, and the cashier says to me, "I'd better take her first" and proceeds to pull the woman's cart PAST mine to her register.

Here is the "not so proud" part. I was more than a little p*ssed off, so I said to her, "Wow, thanks a lot. Appreciate it" (conversationally, friendly, and loud enough that I know she heard it). She completely ignored me. So I left my cart, full of perishables, right there in the common aisle, and walked out of the store.

I told a friend of mine about it, because I then had to go to a different store and basically buy everything I had just picked up earlier, wasting a good 90 minutes (including drive time), and my friend thought I over-reacted. Maybe I did, and if the cashier had said to me, oh, this person has only a few items, do you mind if I take her first? I would have happily allowed the other woman ahead of me. But to me, acknowledging me as the first customer in line, then just sort of dismissing me, because you decided to help someone else out instead, is poor enough customer service that it deserved to be pointed out and some penalty deserved to be paid.

I do feel badly, because I know the cashier isn't the one who has to put all the stuff back, but I would have felt worse just letting the slight happen and buying anything from that store.

Long rant ends. :)

#1,203 · (Edited)
FW2, :grouphug:

Val, it is from "Dolores Claiborne." EXCELLENT movie. The woman speaking is referring to what Dolores must do, because Dolores discovers that her husband is molesting their daughter. I won't give any more of it away, but watch it!! It is a Stephen King movie, but no monsters and not a horror so much as a thriller.

PPB, when is your birthday?

#1,206 ·
Oh My Gosh!!! Dolores Claiborne! I Love that movie!! I won't say my favorite line in the movie because it blows the plot (It's in the same scene/conversation as the line you quoted), but I think of it every time I hear of or encounter a horrible excuse for a man roaming this earth, sucking up the air and it's resources. If I watch the news it runs through my brain several times.

I did not watch misery, I knew what was going to happen and I just could not bear to watch. Seriously! I'd have nightmares on that one. I have a hard time with stuff like that.

Dean, I second you on the Kathy Bates fan! Love Her!!

Sorry about your grocery store experience yesterday, I agree that she should have asked you if you minded if the other person went ahead of you. It was perfectly passive aggressive of you *grins* (You did what so many of would like to do at times) perhaps she'll think before being so rude to a customer again. Honestly, I'm positive you would not have minded if the woman behind you went first if you had been asked, and what's with the woman who went ahead of you? Did she not even turn to you and ask you if this was okay? We've completely lost manners in this country.

My birthday isn't till March 6th, I was just projecting ahead, see how much I haven't let the anniversary and Christmas slight go. *snort*

Reactions: dean and madhen
#1,207 ·
Madhen-I double hit the video so it was playing 2 at the same time but out of sync. (well it amused me!) and yes thats the scene before her DH gets some WELL deserved justice. Misery grossed me out. sorry. BUT I have been reading Stephen King since the "Shining and Salems lot".

As far as the grocery store yes,yes and more yes. Except,I put it on Sams conveyer belt and walked after the smart A teenager told me I HAD TO RENEW NOW!

#1,209 ·
val and uni longest post ever wow i have tried the little trick on the sdie can't figure it out,malfunction on my part...thank u ladies for your friendship this is my favorite part of the feels like agroup of friends having coffee and visting. I feel a kinship that u are who usay u are and hate fake people .. I don't feel that when i read tour posts I can sense the love, friendship, and concern so God bless..
Polly sent u a message k...
debbie ugh stomach flu..
The Shining is mine and Misery is really scary u can feel her hit him and u just get that sick feeling in your stomach...promise to comment later.
oh grandma got on her knees and put her on the tv when daystar had a healing ceremony so she said she felt better she also said the dementia meds were making her sick so she has quit taking them...... so well we are gonna try another one...why do u run out of tp, tide, fabric softner at the same time it is a conspricacy (sp) lol hugs and prayers

#1,211 ·
Val-yes it is! We watched cowboys and Aliens. We are going to Don Pablos. DD's BF drove really far and brought back a cookbook for me from Cracker Barrel. The Michigan binder from this collection I have. It's one I have but I won't tell. He says he's family cuz' he fits right in and calls me mom! I really like this dufus,I really do.
Dmom called me like I hadn't hung up on her and like nothing happened. Dang,my whole family full goose bozo craaaazy!
Ds just left to see about designing that island in my kitchen. That would be awesome. Maybe i can scare up $100. or so towards the project?
Cheers and hugs. Gotta hit the shower.

#1,212 ·
Hugs to you all!

Madhen - sorry for that incident. I would do the same too, let that cashier explains to the manager why a customer walk out. I might even write to the manager explaining the reason why you did that, even if you don't have that cashier's name, the manager would know. Glad to know that Girl's eye is better.

Uniwolf - wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Val - your DH might be going through a 'man'-opause to act like that.

To improve my health, I am logging in how much exercise I do everyday & my weight.
To improve my work performance, I remind myself frequently, get everything done & get out of the office on time. My biggest problem, I can get side-tracked easily. I need to write some short phase that pop up on my computer screen as a constant reminder.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

#1,214 ·
Madhen - I used to be a cashier. If she took the other customer before you because she knew her, then that was completely rude of her. Honestly, I would have gone to a different cashier and gone thru it. Then I would have gone directly to the store manager and complained about her arrogance in letting "her friend" go ahead of you when she KNEW you were next in line. Leaving the buggy of groceries didn't teach the cashier a lesson. Sorry to say. It just made work for the grocery clerks. The only way to truly "correct" the situation from happening again would be to speak to the Customer Service Manager or Store Manager. I would have hated getting all those groceries again at another store.:lol:

I got three items free this afternoon thanks to the Scanning Code of Practice...a bag of chips, a pack of batteries and a 4-pack of bubblegum. Woohoo!

I've had this weird headache all day. It just won't go away. Last Saturday I had ALL this energy, and this Saturday I feel so blah. :sigh: I've taken 2 extra-strengh Tylonels and 2 extra-strength Excedrins.

I got off the phone about 1/2 an hour ago with the mom looking for care in June. She's not interested in splitting the care up between two providers (June to September then September on)...and I totally understand. I tried to make it work, but it wasn't "meant to be". I need to be fair with my current family since they're expecting me until their daughter starts school. I would definately consider a child starting in August since it's not as long a time until school starts, but ditching them in June just didn't "feel" right after much thought. Being self-employed is just so hard. Things will work themselves out. The right family will find me and things will fall into place for September or October or whatever is meant to be. It's still seven months away. I'll try not worry too much for the next few months until parents typically start to search for care for around September. Guess I gotta keep advertising.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.