Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 46
Page 46 of 347 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

uniwolf-hugs and prayers to you and your dd. I will keep you both in my positive thoughts through the surgery and on through the treatments following.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hi all!

Grocery day so lots of running. Been waiting to hear from the lawyer...finally heard and really bad news. Can't go into details but I am not only angry but was in tears for a couple of hours....you know the kind that are the heart wrenching sobs that can't be controlled? Dh is good at calming me down but it doesn't change the outcome but it does help me to focus better on what needs to be done.

QM – prayers for your Grandpa

Nuisance - what fun! Congrats to your sister and so glad to hear you two are closer.

Mama – nice to hear from you!

FW – have a great day! Did you get the socks?

Dean – I too like that …. ‘window day’ …. Will have to remember that. I hope you get alot accomplished today.

MH – you just crack me up. I hope you get your kitchen done today!

Tervs – woo hoo, overtime! At least it is something when you have to be at work during a holiday.

Uni – prayers for you and your daughter. Please keep us posted.

BBL.....
    Nov No Spend Days - 1 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 261 /365
    2014 Nov Gas Challenge - 0 / $120
    Nov Keep Fit - 170 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

prayers for uni Your daughter needs u now if we can do anything we are internet friends but we will try what ever u need doll we will be here...
    hugs debbie please don't smoke if u can

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

uniwolf -i have more headaches since DX with fibro. so i do think some are related . being in a rook full of loud music and screaming teen girls and their families at a competition but can add to it - i always have been very sensative to loud noises etc - i think alot of my migraine issues are fibro realted as its all to do with your nerves ( as in nervous system ) etc
    i also have a weird sinus condition called non allergic vaso motor rhinitis which means the nerves in my sinuses are ultra sensative to changes in humidity - perfumes- smoke etc i can feel like my sinuses are so swollen they are touching internally competitions are filled with smelly perfumed people and stinky hairsprayed girls LOL
    if i walk from a hot home straight out into the really cold weather it feels like someone has shoved a knitting needle up my nose and out my eye !!

usually if i get headaches i try to figure out why ? take something OTC etc.

i use saline rinse most nights before i go to bed but i have some whacky sinuses so it doesnt work the way its supposed to ( if if i hold my nose and blow like one does trying topop their ears air comes out my tear ducts lol)

so if the humdifier is not on high to prevent the air from beit to dry on my sinuses when i go to sleep if someone bumps the heat up above 67 at night i can wake up with a sinus headache that has become a migraine - i can also end up with plain sinus headaches from some of my pts homes- if they smoke - or just arent real clean and its musty - or if they wear alot of perfumes or family members do etc

of course i try to do all the things to prevent them but if i go to bed early and dh says he will make sure the heat is down when he goes to bed and forgets - i wake up with a migraine .
    so i started being very noisey when i am up at 5 am because one thing that helps it is caffiene and i decided if i am awake because he " accidentally forget " i am going to help him not forget by waking him up " accidentally ". so far so good LOL
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

UGH i had a post of responses and lost it UGH

prayers for everyone with family with health issues !!
    prayers for everyone with financial issues !!

i ended up going out to see that pt the CM texted me about saturday - worried too much and they live nearby- i told her i was going and the time to let the aide know and well- no answer to door of phone ARGHH as charlie brown would say !!

well my SI is not so good - my temp cap fell off- so i have to go tomorrow between work which is going to make for a crazy day -so i am missing a tooth its not in front but not far back either. that is going to be i think 278 and i need 240 for what i hope is the last payment for middle ds senior trip to florida
    sadly last weeks pay for me is less then those 2 numbers so will be digging further into EF .

and when i am stressed i get eczema around my eyes and it makes me look very old and wrinkly IMO . -
    i need to get back on my co-q10 and my 5Htp they both help how i absorb and deal with stress- and i found them in veggie caps so i wont get sick from the coating of the capsules- i think i will feel so much less stressed and overwhelmed
    *~Debbi~*
    Living with FMS

Swedish Proverb

Paid off car 9000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

to whomever is having site issues -oh i use to have alot of issues with the site until i downloaded and use google chrome to view it .
    *~Debbi~*
    Living with FMS

Swedish Proverb

Paid off car 9000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone! Too many posts to catch up on! I am saying prayers for those who need them, and sending hugs to everyone else!

I'm just taking a bit of a break right now; I've been making perogies just about all day! Got 15 dozen made, now I just have to boil them, and put them on cookies sheets to freeze so I can put them in bags. And of course, save some for supper tonight! My kids can't wait for supper--it's been forever since I've made perogies, and they keep asking for them.

Here's a picture of them, waiting to get boiled! As you can see, it was a window day here, too! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs to mom5rn hope u feel better...madkat how did u do that they will be so tasty. I am so bad buy them by the box never thought about it.....I learn so much here...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Madkat yum-pass me that fork. Potato,cheese or meat? Not that it matters. Did I say yum?

M25RN-sorry things aren't going well.
    DebC-oh I am so sorry.

Well went to Kmart and the sale was buy 1 get 1 1/2off for their lousy brand so I passed. They had 40% off the already marked down stuff so I got hats.gloves,scarves at good prices.

Hit S.A-found a Broyhill dresser/chest for $69. You open to doors and it has a shelf and then 3 drawers below. It is honey oak and laminate, The top need a bit of TLC but I did well w/ the last piece so we'll see. Anyway the fabric will go in it.
    I also found a sewing box for $2.99.
    And do you remember the poinsetta comforter they wouldn't mark to 1/2 because christmas clearance was over. Well it was still there and green tags were 1/2 off so I got it for $10. anyway. It's new w/ dust ruffle and shams.

Didn't make it to Joannes but I went to Rescued Treasures and found patterns for .40. They are older but new/used. I guess I better sew something son!
    I got a new wreath for $1.75 and several cookbooks HC for $1.
    xmas wrap=.18, and goofy Dh got an electronic prize for $10. I hate that he spends it on to me nothing but he is happy.
    That place has far better prices than S.A.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Madkat - those perogies look sooo yummy!!! They are my absolute favorite food...especially the cheese and potato ones. Send some through the computer please!!!!

FW - great finds once again...I like the idea of the cupboard being for fabric...hmmm, wonder what I can use from around here.... Although I am trying to destash my fabric stash!
    Nov No Spend Days - 1 /20
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 261 /365
    2014 Nov Gas Challenge - 0 / $120
    Nov Keep Fit - 170 min / 900 min

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yea!! Accomplished everything I wanted to do this weekend on the kitchen!! Feeling pretty good!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, everyone.

At 9:57 p.m., I (including my uncle and cousin) watched one of the sweetest and kindest men I know leave this world to be with his Savior. My Grandpa is now in his long-awaited for Home. I look forward to seeing all my grandparents again someday...so glad they all gave their lives to Jesus so many years ago.

In about 1/2 to an hour from now I'll take two Gravols and go to bed. I want/need more sleep than last night. I'm working tomorrow (home childcare) even though I'm tired after such a long day. Thursday evening should be the visitation and Friday the funeral.

You don't know how happy I am that I took the day off. I'm so glad that I listened to my heart last night and cancelled the day with all my daycare families. Spending the majority of the day with him today and watching Him leave this world are two memories I'll cherish forever. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I'll see his dear face when it's my turn to leave or when Jesus comes again to call His Saints.

Have a good night, all!
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    On November 8th - 135.6 lbs
    1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

November No Spend Challenge /6 No Spend Days
    8th (), 9th (), 10th (), 11th (), 12th (), 13th (), 14th (), 15th (), 16th (), 17th (), 18th (), 19th (), 20th (), 21st (), 22nd (), 23rd (), 24th (), 25th (), 26th (), 27th (), 28th (), 29th (), 30th ()

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $57,400.14 (as of November 29th, 2014 - 5 years, 3 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $20,633.60 (as of November 29th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $28,586.74 (as of November 29th, 2014)
    $36,457.09 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown of Grand Total - see below
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,148.65 winter tires & rims for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 new-to-us van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey Ladies, I haven't stopped by and read the thread lately, but QM's post came up on RT and caught my eye. I'm sorry QM, my prayers are with your and your family at this time.

As always continued prayers for all on the SI thread

Polly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

QM-oh so sorry. Your post made me tear up. Hugs and prayers for you. We both know he will be better off after suffering.

DebC-I originally going to use the buffet part of a china cabinet I am not using but this just was "sent" my way this evening. Hilarious. Dh wasn't feeling good so I was going to go home after the Rescued Treasures stop. But he insisted cuz' he needed to just walk around and we were out. I was looking for linen type things and happened to spot it. i actually was wanting to head home!
    Hey Polly! hugs your WAYYYYYY!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry for your loss QM. It was good that you chose to be there.

Off to work.