Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 48
Page 48 of 347 FirstFirst ... 38454647484950515898148 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

On a renewed kick to eat better. I have been eating mostly grains and starches since the new year. My body has been forgiving, and I haven't gained any weight, but it is only a matter of time. So, today, when I got groceries, I picked up extra fruit, and I thought about every non-fruit item. Also renewed some of my vitamin supplements that I had let lapse because they are so darned expensive to replace! Used up the rest of my grocery budget for the month, but needed to be done.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AP- ugh, yep that too, sorry, told ya’ll my mind is not functioning well this past couple of weeks. I think you will really improve your SI once you have it done.
    Dean- thank you so much,
    Debbie cat – Hugs and prayers for you in all of your troubles. But think how pretty the stash would look until you got it used up .
    OM- thank you so much. All of you do so much for de-stressing my life … being able to get on here and just talk about it, without having to worry about how you will react has been a blessing. I worried about telling my mom and mother in law, both of them are mid 70’s, and have health issues, mom is especially prone to really stressing herself out, ugh, it was a mess. She got her feelings hurt because I told my brother before her. ( I wanted him there with her when I told her, so he could handle it if she stressed herself into another heartattack. but the fact that he knew first hurt her feelings *sigh*

M25RN- I was wondering, I know I have nerve and muscle damage to the left side of my neck and left arm and hand. Cold really aggervates it, and it in turn causes a lot of my migraines, that is not the only trigger I have, but it is probably the biggest. Sorry there was no one to answer door or phone when you went to check on the pt. also about the cap Have you tried witchhazel on your eczema? Other wise a bottle of wine and a 3 hr bubble bath sounds like a needed RX for you Have a safe but happy day.

Madkat- those look awesome, that is something I haven’t had since I was a young girl. And you and everyone else who has it, please, please, please keep your cold weather to yourself. We have had all I need to prove that it is no longer summer. I am done. Thank you so much for your co-operation in this matter
    FW2- sounds like you cleaned up …. Way to go on all of your finds, lol especially the comforter set.
    Madhen- way to go on finishing your kitchen, - wanna come help with mine- Hopeing that Riley is recovering ahead of schedule when they take all of the bandages off.

QM- hugs thoughts and prayers.
    Polly- so glad you stopped by. Would love to see you more often.
    N26- lol make sure to keep looking around nervously, that way people will wonder what you are doing. Hopeing that your son is in a more mellow mood today.
    A2M- thank you. Her surgery is the 26th, and it seems like that is an eternity away, when in fact it isn’t. I haven’t been to Kennedy Coffee (my fav coffee shop) in a little over a year. Ya’ll keep on with specific days, I may have to make a trip … and that would not be good for my wallet

Tervs- okay please read the latter part of my afore post to A2M … does sticking my fingers in my ears and going lalalalalalalala work for fourm posts, or is that just in RL.?? And thank you so much for your thoughts for DD.
    Val- lol you did catch the part that some of my in-laws I claim and some I don’t right ??? Let me know if you order from them. That is kind of far down on my list so probably like late summer for me. Sounds like you have been one busy lady.

MM- have a great day with all of your catch up. But admit it the 3rd day off was so so worth it. Right. ?
    Gapeach- what a great idea, it is something that I may have to add to our house. Think I have the perfect place in mind for it too.

Okay all, so far behind today, have had long meetings all day, so need to buckle down and get busy, been working on this page off and on most of the day. For those listing how long they were in labor; I am going to post mine, and RUN … please keep in mind that when I had my kids, I was active duty military, I could do 300 situps, and 130 pushups in 2 min, back then I could also run a 7 min mile. My longest labor was with oldest DD I was in labor with her from 1st contraction to final delivery 1 hr and 32 min.

That being said, hugs, thoughts and prayers to all, I hope everyone has a beautiful and Blessed evening. Blessings.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My step father has passed away. Please don't give me condolences, I am not sad to see him go. I don't have a lot to say on the subject, except now we can finally move on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW, WOW, WOW!! So much going on and I know I'll never be able to catch up with everything, but at least wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone!! I keep thinking that the cold weather and snow will slow things down and I'll be inside and happily catching up with all my FV friends! But, life seems just as busy and I wonder if it will ever slow down.

Hubby TOTALLY surprised me with a mountain bike for Christmas! I've only been able to ride it a couple times so far but am looking forward to getting out there and REALLY riding on a trail near us. An update on my weight loss journey, can't remember where I was when I last posted, but now I'm at 27 lbs. gone forever! Super excited and more energetic and determined than ever! The saying "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" is SO TRUE! Going down three jeans sizes is pretty fun too! OK, off my soapbox now, but suffice it to say that exercise, eating less, getting healthier, and weight loss has taken a lot of my time and focus these days. I wonder all the time what took me so long to just do it!!

Hugs to you all and off to catch up with what everyone's been up to!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My prayers are for you polly my friend. You are in my thoughts.
    Closure is a good thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sending prayers & HUGS to everyone. So much going on w/everyone.

QM - Sending prayers for you & your family. Its good you were able to spend that last day w/your Grandpa. Seems it was truly a gift.

Debbie - Sorry for the news you received. HUGS & prayers to get you through this.

FW - The poinsettia quilt was meant for you! Love hearing about all your deals especially the furniture ones! Bonding w/DD over patterns, priceless. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Madhen - Hope everything goes well w/Riley today. WTG on finishing your kitchen project! Sounds like your grocery budget was well spent.

Madkat - It sounds very cold there. I couldn't imagine how you keep from freezing! I would never survive there... I know this from the southern girl means nothing. Still, you have my admiration. WTG on the perogies!

Maui - Good luck jumping back into teacher mode today! Your Saturday out shopping w/your friend & her daughter sounds like exactly what you needed.

Mto5 - Hope your day is winding down & you're feeling better. Boy, do I hear you on the noise sensitivity. I've felt like shooting loud people at times & its totally lost on them.

Nuisance - I think its wonderful that you're reconnecting w/your sis. I'm very blessed to have a strong bond w/my sis. Hope today is better w/DS. I about rolled over the "deal" at the gas station comment.

Tervs - Hope the weather holds off until Friday. Good luck getting things caught up before your surgery. Already have you in my thoughts & prayers. BTW Shouldn't all Monday be consider overtime? Points just for showing up or something.

Uni - Glad you are there for your DD. She's very blessed to have you to lean on. Keeping ya'll in to prayers.

Val - Your Monday made me glad I only had work even if others had a holiday. Hope today isn't so busy.

AP - HUGS to you. My nephew (earlier 20s) had some implants done last year. He needs more work, but smiles a lot now. You're not alone in this. I got teased about my teeth growing up & am still sensitive about it. However, its so expensive to have it fixed.
    Its cool your friend's mom sent Parker snowpants! Hope the snowboots follow soon. I like Val's suggestion on the baggies if he has a extra pair of shoes.

OM - Sorry you had a tough day over the weekend. I seem to remember your treasure box got messed up. Hope things are better today. Gotta find one of your posts... it held such wisdom. I could really use that wisdom to get through my month.

Well, I'm out of time. Sending Dean, GaPeach, Mama, Ohio, Polly & everyone positive thoughts & more HUGS.
    BTW, I got together w/sis on Saturday to thrift/consignment shop. I found some deals including a cashmere sweater $5. Any tips so I don't ruin it? Its so nice I've considered drycleaning it. Spent Sunday doing laundry & such around the house. Called vet's office & was told Mr Kitty's shot could wait until April (rabies due then). New Guy's sneezing seems better so maybe no vet visit this month. My focus has been off at work & my desk is getting out of control. Deadlines loom in the distance... getting closer each day.
    Hope ya'll have a good evening.

edited to add
    Polly - I couldn't say it any better than Dean has. HUGS & more HUGS

November Groceries $76/300 Pet Supplies $120/140
    Coupons $21.85
    October Groceries $281/280 Pet Supplies $148/130
    Coupons $23.14
    Coupon Saving 2014 $407.27
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Polly-no condolences. Write him a letter stating all the wish i could have said to you nasties and burn it. It's a great way of purging. I would never tell anyone either.

Still have my material dresser in the van as it has snotty rained all day until now when mean winds came up and the blizzard started. I have to literally clear a mound of "good stuff" from the area I want to keep it in temp.
    Well I'm in a GRRRR mood from the school. They took $101. from Ds for an exit fee and rent. OK. Fair enough. So a week later I am still waiting for the money. It shows a credit but my CC doesn't have it. So I call. They want the laptop. They didn't give it to him,he can't buy it, and it needs to be back by the 20th. They sent an email today? If I ran to UPS it still wouldn't be there. So I have to ship it UPS w/ paid ins. for 1000. coverage. And call him w/ the number tomorrow. OR it's $15. a day until it gets there. IF they determine its in ok shape. He exited the 9th and now someone finally contacts us. And the "sweetie" in the office told me it had already started accumulating "rent" at that point. EXcuse me,dear. No one was there to give it to had I known. What a lax set up. And of course privacy laws made it a hugely annoying conversation. Ok I'm done. I'll take it tomorrow.

Tervs-directly. to get my chops wet. I have dish cloth and dish towels I will repurpose from a table cloth or 2, Next an apron from a pair of valances that are jeans material that are made like the top of a pair of jeans,I also have a chair cover to make a sewing machine "cozy" and If there's enough I will do a coat for Mackey. I have to mend DH's chair that split a little now that I got cocoa quilting thread. I found a couple jumpers that scream Apron! and I also said i would try to teach DD. That's more than enough. I have never quilted.

N26-Yikes I was thinking of you at S.A. today. I noticed I was babbling away. (UMMM hmm ok ok tags are greeeen. That could be an apron,yeah,maybe even get 2 out of it. I look up someone staring at me. But then I listened-almost everyone was doing it on and off! except annoying yelling cell phone guy w/ an even louder caller!) So my point is.... Donyouworryboutitnone! lol.
    And yes I win and no the scared little thing at the counter was very young as was the guy who got the cabinet from the back of the store. So I didn't say anything but I would of at the stupid manager. Like-Guess it was supposed to be mine either way. It will prob. be a wall back drop for the tree next year. I will space bag it in the bsmt. w/ popourri. Glad you appreciated my HAHA!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey JanieD-PFFTT! lol just kidding. I actually got 10 more. She wanted a cape (coat not costume) and a corset (to make and sell for Renfest and I got a few more for me incl. a jumper and a coat. That should give us a good working base.

Gotta get. I hopr to wash a load or two and w/ it not frozen yet. EACH dog has to be walked a few times a day. ARGGH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually FW, I'm more the stand at your graveside till they put the last scoop of dirt over you type.

Closure's a great thing Dean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love you polly!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love ya back

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I want in on this lovefest! Love ya both!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Polly, there was absolutely no love lost between me and my step father. This may sound bad but I was actually relieved when he past away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spit on mine he molested me seemed the least he had coming.. I am in on the love fest. Love u all
    I also drove my self to the lake took a hike a screamed all the vileness and the beat the hell out of a couple trees. may not be very mature but was very carthotic me....try to catch up with u all later. prayers for uni and scooby8 and I need ti keep a list 4 real.. hugs hugs hugs

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hugs and love to everyone. I needed in on this lovefest.
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    On November 8th - 135.6 lbs
    1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

November No Spend Challenge /6 No Spend Days
    8th (), 9th (), 10th (), 11th (), 12th (), 13th (), 14th (), 15th (), 16th (), 17th (), 18th (), 19th (), 20th (), 21st (), 22nd (), 23rd (), 24th (), 25th (), 26th (), 27th (), 28th (), 29th (), 30th ()

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $58,186.94 (as of November 14th, 2014 - 5 years, 4 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $21,070.10 (as of November 14th, 2014)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $29,186.74 (as of November 14th, 2014)
    $36,457.09 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown of Grand Total - see below
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,148.65 winter tires & rims for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 new-to-us van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey