Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 62
Page 62 of 347 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey all, just checking in. Sorry to hear of the DH problems. I dumped mine some years ago and never looked back, so I'm not much good in giving advice!

Cold and stormy here, so I'm just hunkering down near my woodstove and trying to keep warm!

Updated my "week on the ranch" blog tonight, if anyone wants to see what my week was like (see link under sig). Pics of the puppies on there, and some pics that I have posted on FV this week, as well.

Longevity, unfortunately, does not run in my family. Most of my relatives have not made it to 60. My aunt is beating the odds, but she is about the only one on my father's side. My mother's side of the family is an unknown, since she lost contact with most of them. She says her paternal grandfather lived into his 80's, so I guess there is SOME hope! Also, most of my paternal relatives (and my father) had lifestyles that didn't exactly lend themselves to long lives, and the diseases that took their lives were related to lifestyle, so who knows how long they would have lived if they had eaten right, exercised, and had not smoked!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Busy as always MH - you are one of the most industrious people I know!! And with that I am putting the last of LR crafts away - if I can get DH to move a little!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Madhen I would give anything to be at your ranch I find comfort in pets I love all animals.
    Val so sorry about your aunt hugs
    fw2 can't shoot him lol I am glad I have the lord.....
    Hubby came home early today and enjoyed his supper. His knee is aching. Talked to grandma she told me she was dizzy and my brother who is mentally challenged said she ran off the road 5x .
    She is talking to her daughter now I think she is setting up half the night and not getting her sleep. I think I am going to shut the phone off. I am going to take her to the er to have them run tests on her . she is complaining of her pancrease and gallbladder. easier than taking he to the doctor and having to set at least 6 hours waiting.
    Hubby is the dog house with me I have suspected him before he always straightened for example t=get dressed nice and not wait on me to get ready and 4-5 hours at walmart or go get his kids when it was1 hour there 1 hour back...
    I am not happy but still have to take care of grandma.
    He said he missed going out well I would just as well be at home
    Last edited by oheoh's momma; 01-22-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: forgot

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had two oranges and 250 mL (1 cup) of dry white whine this evening. Hopefully this doesn't blow my calorie-intake for the day. Considering I didn't have supper I don't see how it should much matter.

Have a good night, all!

to all of you wonderful ladies!
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started tracking my calories and REALLY trying on June 23rd (at 138.0 lbs)
    1st goal will be 135 lbs Reached this goal on Saturday, June 28th
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $62,653.31 (as of July 28th, 2014 - 5 years, 10 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $------------- (as of ...)
    $19,058.22 (as of July 28th, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2
    $30,844.83 (as of July 28th, 2014)/$35,308.44 GRAND TOTAL
    Breakdown
    $828.42 undercoating for new van
    $1,743.27 eavestrophs on our house
    $1,736.75 new walkway in the front of our house
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Polly-I been trying to think how to respond. First,thank you.
    What happens w/ us is I get on something,work hard at it for a long time and then DH gets on board at the last minute and wants to criticize and change everything. Which i usually respond poorly too. Because at that point it's personal.
    I don't feel he understands,and to me,has been fixating/obsessing on small parts that to me are transcendable.
    Like he started this whole thing about how a certain neighbor would be the most dangerous in a crisis. Now,really,anyone hungry,trying to feed kids would become dangerous but seeing i am focsuing on job loss not armageddon I get short w/ him and all the subtefuge (sp). I try and remember this is new to him and he is entralled w/ every utube prepper video. I usually wait to see what their "selling" at the end. To me we think about things very diff. and I try to educate him w/o getting frustrated but often lose it.

Oh's mom-I really think you need some psy. w/ grandma. You have a much better heart than me. That said-I am starting to worry about my dDad. He is 84 and his heart is weak and EVERYTHING is a major crisis. I would love to get him on some antianxiety drugs but some people are their own worst enemies.
    My dmom is so patient. Their sink has been backing up a year and they have been carrying water and dumping it in the toilet after dishwashing. Why. Because having a plumber in stresses Ddad out too much. Of course,I didn't know about this because mom knows I would have just called one or rented a snake myself. I mean ,it took less than $200. and a 1/2 an hour or an hour. Time which could have been cut down if Ddad would have left the poor guy alone! My point is there just comes a time!
    And not to excuse DH but does he feel trapped by grandma. (and yes whose is she?)

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the last time I'm going to try and post. I keep writing out this long post only to have it go poof! They say third times a charm, we'll see.

I stand corrected FW, my mistake. I thought you were saying that your DH was trying to thwart your efforts at blunting the effects of a job loss. Not that he was criticizing your efforts. Which really put my brain in a tailspin considering we thought we were prepared for job loss. I do not want you to go through what we are going through. We never dreamed my DH could ever be without a job in his sector for this long. He used to have several calls a month begging him to leave his position and work for someone else. He never did, he was loyal. Now, not a single telephone ring, despite the thousands of resumes that I'm starting to suspect are lining bird's cages. Oh I take it back, one a little over a week ago asking him to reapply with all the other people who applied before, and with all the other people in the Tri-State area that saw the 1 job opening on the boards. Just glad your DH's on board, sorry he's criticizing your efforts.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I lost 5.2 lbs since Tuesday morning! Woohoo! My SI is extremely up even though DH woke up on the wrong side of the bed and is grumpy with DD1 and me.

It's rainy and cold here (3 degrees C or 37 degrees F). It feels like an icky, cold winter's day. Oh, how I long for spring and summer.

Guess I should go and plan what needs to get done today. I need to start seriously thinking about my daycare bookkeeping. Even if I do 1 hour a day, I'll be so far ahead of where I am now.

BBL!

2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    Breakdown
    $31,000 van

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I'm keeping with reading but don't have a ton of time to post. Just wanted to check in to complain. I want a weekend to recover from my weekend!
    DH got home around 11pm last night. We barely communicated while he was away because that's the way he rolls. I really feel like he wasted most of his time there.
    Seeing the workplace and spending time with his future bosses was time well spent. Driving around frantically looking at developments and parks was a waste. I already knew about those from my online research.
    It's just another one of the ways I feel like the burden of creating a new nest falls entirely on me. He didn't have a plan. He didn't do any research before going. His workplace gave him a "moving" packet when he arrived with maps and area information which was, surprise, prepared by the boss' wife. He didn't listen and make note of all the questions and thoughts I had about the area in the months leading up to this trip.
    So I gave up 4 days with my hubby & he risked his life flying all so that he could discover that he'll probably like his new workplace. That's no surprise. He has a positive, outgoing personality. He does well anywhere and with almost anyone. I gained absolutely ZERO new information that would help me prepare.
    I just hate waste.~

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nuisance - Sorry he wasted his time and yours. Not to be on his side (because I'm not), but maybe he just needed to see it for himself to feel comfortable about the change...even though you did all the research months ago. KWIM? You're lucky that he has such a positive, outgoing personality. Count your blessings. Those two traits are very important. Has he ever been one to plan ahead? If not, this shouldn't be overly surprising. I hope your day goes better.

I was surprised this morning to get a BBM (on my BlackBerry) from DH saying, "Would like to apoligize for my crusty behaviour this morning." WOW! Can you tell I'm surprised. He's been making a real effort these past few weeks/months IMO. He has LOTS to still work on, but I'll take the improvement that I see.

I've made two large salads for lunch/supper. My lunch salad will have romaine lettuce, green peppers, tomatos, 2 eggs and cal-wise salad dressing. So far my supper salad is romaine lettuce. Depending on when DH gets home and what he cooks for supper, I'll either have chicken or steak on it.

2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    Breakdown
    $31,000 van

~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

N26-Men have a diff emphasis and he was worried first about the work place and I can see DH being the same way. Where they live wold be secondary.
    I know the expanse and the kids but I think your going to end up going out there? I know I would. Sorry about your frustration. Trust me-not trying to add to it.

Polly-dear friend. I would suggest he just omit some of the education that makes him overqualified.
    As far as the other, DH is a disaster at details. And admittedly I want him on board but my way i'm sure. I just don't want a tug of war as the finances can't take it. Like the ammo thing. I was blind sided by him getting the 45 and them tried to support him as he felt we needed it. So then he demands ammo for it. We calculate how much we might need. Then he goes overboard because he can't wait-like a kid. Gets mad at me because he thought we had more money even though we discussed what was available. And then comes at me about how if we are so tight why are we doing it at all? The answer is pressure from U! but ya know. I just said we were fine as long as we had stuck w/ the guidelines. it comes down to impulse control. My bad,I will just do the shopping from now on.

The weather here is warmer which is great but now MUD. which means dogs cannot go out but must be walked-that makes Yogi crazy and the cats suffer his xtra energy.
    My cold is even worse-going into sinus infection no doubt. Sounds like a hot tea day!

Got myself an early bday gift-a Victorio hand grinder w/ book. I have wanted a grinder for a couple years. This one does all grains and coffee. It is small and is manual. I should have it w/in a week.
    Holding myself from calling the tech area to see if they have the computer. They have to check it out anyway but first it has to make it from packages to tech. Tues. I'll wait until then.

Mackey says hello.I have now trained him to wait at the door of my office. He squeaks to ask to come in. I invite him and he enters. He like you to put treats like bananas directly in his mouth. He doesn't like to catch and hates things thrown at him. This gentle giant is a real change from any dog I have ever had.
    Now if I could just break him of gnawing drywall.hmm. Maybe he has PICA? naw.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OOOH QM-praise it up big. Thats a positive change you want!
    And good morning All. Forgot to say-colds are selfish sorrry.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Polly-dear friend. I would suggest he just omit some of the education that makes him overqualified.
    I thought the same thing when Polly mentioned it a day or two ago. I'd make the resume as basic as possible. Maybe tell the truth on the resume but without all the bells and whistles. If being overqualified is what the problem is, maybe the resume could be changed so that he looks qualified...and that's it.

2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    Breakdown
    $31,000 van

~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning ladies. It's been a wet and blustery weekend and this morning it's the same. We stayed home Saturday and I didn't accomplish much due to the weather and power outages. Yesterday was church and our goddaughter's birthday party. I felt bad her, she wanted a sunny day where she could play outside with all her friends but it wasn't meant to be. Her mom implemented plan B and the kids were down in the basement playing Wii games. Everyone was making the most of the situation.

Our lab has to go to the vet this morning for his annual checkup. We will be seeing a new vet since we moved.

I need to take my shower. I hope everyone has a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GaP-been thinking of you lately. Hope all is well.
    I also hope the new vet work out. I't s almost like a pediatrician at some points?lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good morning! Not many people here this morning. Where are you DebC? You're usually in here before now.

Nuisance, sorry that your dh didn't get any helpful info for you.I would have been disappointed too. I think men just aren't concerned with the same types of things that we are. I can't imagine making such a major move. Sounds scary, but also exciting. Too bad you can't go and check things out in person.

Chilly and foggy here QM, but nothing like what you've got. I'd really like to have some "real" winter weather....seems kind of weird without it. I like winter, but really hate the heat and humidity in summer plus the mosquitoes will carry you away after they suck you dry. It's horrible here. I tend to stick to the house as much as possible in summer.

I'm irritated with oldest ds because I'm sure that he's the culprit although I haven't asked him yet. I bought some lunch meats for ds10's lunches 'cause he likes turkey sandwiches and I was going to use the turkey and ham that I bought on sale for a sandwich bar night on Wednesday. I just started doing this a few weeks ago and everyone here loves it! I buy meat, cheese, banana peppers, nice sub rolls, olives, chips, stuff like that, and we've got this tasty oil and herb mixture like they use in sub shops. Anyway everyone makes their sub like they want it and it's been a hit. I just looked in the fridge and all that's left of two 1 lb. packages is about three or four slices of turkey! He ate all of it! I hate it when someone here does that without asking. Two freaking pounds of meat? Who does that? Dh wouldn't have done it. Middle son doesn't just eat lunch meat and won't even eat it for school lunches just the sandwich bar. Youngest ds MIGHT have had a couple of pieces. I didn't eat any. That only leaves oldest ds. Dh doesn't get paid again til next week and I have about $15 left to buy whatever we run out of like milk and bread. I didn't want to have to buy meal stuff. He really needs to get off his butt and make his own food money or contribute to our food money. As much as he's cost us over the last few years due to his "issues", it's the least he can do. My Mom would have a fit if we expected him to contribute anything around here. Of course she and my Dad didn't make my brother EVER do anything either. He sat on his *ss and I had to do chores, but I won't go there. That still ticks me off!

I feel like I try and try to get us ahead and get thwarted every step I make! I know that the kids don't understand, but they need to learn to 'cause this is the new reality! It isn't going back to like it once was. It's a hard lesson for kids to learn, but I didn't make it this way. Now ds is up and wants to argue about it...says we never cook around here. Yeah, right! I cook every day unless my parents cook for us. If they'd eat everything I cook, then maybe they wouldn't need to snack all day and eat everything in the house! Ugh! I cooked some sausage for him for breakfast since I cooked a piece for myself, but do you think I get a thank-you for that? Nope. I think tomorrow he can find his own breakfast.

Well, I'll be back later...