Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 88
Page 88 of 347 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon everyone!

QM - I need to cut back on the coffee too.....my next step!

FW - I've been frazzled too with all the changes going on around here...so I feel for you. Have fun shopping at the SA!!! I KNOW you won't be able to resist but make sure to tell us about your finds!

tervs - enjoy the snow...it is bitter cold here today....not nice to be outside. Have a great afternoon!

madkat - ouch, sorry to ear about your Ds.....he will be able to handle the workload...he has to....learning from mistakes is a difficult one. Good luck at the sale!

OM - sorry to hear about Grandma....Hugs! I am thankful each day that DFIL's dementia isn't too bad yet.

Chomping on a salad and having a cup of tea. Will work on some paperwork for a while this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!
    May No Spend Days - 14 /15
    2014 No Eat Out Days - 132 /365
    2014 May Gas Challenge - $105 / $80
    May Keep Fit - 580 min / 750 min

2014 - 52 Week Saving Challenge - 3, 8, 9, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell the storm how big your God is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debc-playing w/ the reconfig. of the front room. Asking DH if we can block off the dining area access to the front room. We will still be able to access it from the kitchen. Just thinking of ways to fit more seating and make it cozier. Still need the light from the ceiling fan in the dining area. (which we use as a computer area anyway! It will also stop the dogs from playing race track in the house! Maybe.

Snowing pretty good.Light and fluffy. Dreaming of cups of tea w/ tons of sugar. Should hit the kitchen some more but.IDONWANNA. Just got the last of the bday stuff I ordered w/ a little of my birthday money. I ordered "Ordinary Wolves" and "Shopping for Porcupine" by Seth Kantner. I of course got 1 used.lol They depict a boy growing up in the arctic. they second one has lots of Alaskan pictures. Just the kind of thing i love. Mackeys license will wait a day.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello Ladies

Again I'm so far behind. I'm sorry if I've missed anything important, but know I've covered you in prayer. I got you back.

It's just been a combination of things, caught a cold, still fighting it. Not a bad cold, just annoying. My monthly cycle was a bear this time, looking forward to the change of life. Had company 3 times in a week, and while I enjoyed it, it kicked my butt, and I'm still digging out from it. I can't seem to catch up with housework. I was all caught up and ready to start decluttering again till company came, and now I'm back where I started from.

So what's been on my mind was S! stuff. Thinking about

~developing some way to get some exercise. Caught my eye that you're burning it up Debbie! 45 min walk AND 100 squats!! WOW! You Go Girl!

~canning dried beans

~getting really serious about my dressing room/closet. This is supposed to be my space, not a catch all. Going to hit it hard. I may even start today. I really need to get everything organized, go through what's there wardrobe wise, and make the space a place where I can get dressed, put on my makeup, do my hair, iron my clothes. Of course the space will have other uses, but that's on the top of my list right now.

~making another attempt at sewing a nightgown

~starting some seeds on the windowsill. It's been crazy warm, I'm thinking it just might work out this year.

~planning more garden this year. Not depending on DH to plant some of the things I want. That has a two fold positive outcome. 1. No fighting with DH 2. I develop independence. I'm going to move past the tears of last years failed attempts, and try again.

So my new mantra is something my DH says, Suck, Suck, Suck, till you Succeed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

cross post Polly.
    Suck,suck,suck onward. Love your DH's saying. Blues Travelers have a song about only failing when you quit trying. love that too. I say,yes out loud,REBOOT! and drag my behind out of the pity party and into the hall for a self talking too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

TGIF-75 more days of school
    8 days til Bud Shoot out
    16 days til Daytona

Neck is killing me-so I am limiting myself on computer time.
    Weekend snow storm coming in. Not what I want. I want summer. Hot sweaty sweltering summer!!!!!
    Hugs and prayers to all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DEan sorry about your neck. I need a little snow. It was so eerie w/o it. Now I didn't want 15" overnight,just sayin".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good afternoon ladies. I've been sick all week. I am on my second round of antibiotics again. I can't believe I have this stuff again. At least I'm not alone, DH has it too. Neither one of us is getting much sleep. Today is the first day that I have felt human again.

I was ironing and my iron died. I guess I shouldn't complain because I got free and it has lasted for 10+ years. It has been used, I iron everything! I iron a lot of things that no one else does like napkins, tablecloths, pillow cases, nice hand towels. My friends swear that I'm a neat freak and obsessive about ironing. I just like that crisp look that you get from ironing. The house smells so good, I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. DH asked for them and I'm giving a dozen to someone as a birthday gift. I really don't like to keep them in the house because I will snack on them!

It's been very warm here this winter but we're suppose to get snow flurries tomorrow. Nothing is suppose to stick. I love to watch it snow and how everything looks right after the snowfall. But once it starts melting, I'm not a fan. I'm worried about the trees and flowers. The mild weather has caused the daffodils and jonquils to bloom, the dogwoods have buds and the azaleas have buds. The freezing weather will probably kill the buds.

I need to get supper started. I hope everyone has a good evening. Enjoy the weekend. Has anyone heard from Maui?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

GaP-no on Maui here.
    Glad to hear from you. I like all the new folks but I miss the old gang too. Feel better soon. I have an iron for sewing and one for clothes. Can't say they see much use though.
    Our crocus should be peeking out soon. Its always such a miracle to see them popping up beneath the snow. The true meaning of Grit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry I haven't visited in awhile, but not really working on my SI like I've intented this month. I've developed some bad snacking habits & can't get a handle on them. Thought once I got January behind me things would fall in line... it hasn't. I really need to get this snacking thing under control...
    I'm trying to add more fruit & veggies. One day I do well & the next day I don't & I try again. I want to feel that "nothing tastes as good as being healthy & thin". Its a much longer road to get there than I thought.

Haven't been keeping up here at all, but hope to be by a lot more. Sending HUGS & prayers to everyone.

May Groceries $228/275 Pet Supplies $109/130
    Coupons $24.99
    April Groceries $280/275 Pet Supplies $118/130
    Coupons $36.44
    Coupon Saving 2014 $153.91
    2013 $404.44
    2012 $395.16

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love the reboot FW!

Prayers Dean and GaPeach

I miss snow, we are getting a Winter storm tonight. ROFL! They are making a HUGE deal about it on the news. It's so silly, they've just had nothing to report on the weather this Winter. A whole inch I'm betting. It will be all melted by tomorrow afternoon. We had 2 inches or so the other night, it was beautiful the way it covered the trees. Gone the next day. I want just one good snowfall before Winter's over. We've got Spring flowers blooming here, been blooming about a month now. It's just wrong.

I'm totally surprised by my DH about Valentine's Day. He blew off our anniversary, he blew off Christmas. He's got this idea if you can't do it right, why do it all. I made it very clear we were going to do something for Valentine's Day. I didn't care what it was, but he was going to do something dang it! I told him I was picking a movie for us to stream to the TV. (oldest has netflix) That was my part, you'll notice I did not say I'd make supper. As far as I was concerned him getting his keester in the kitchen and cooking for me would be a great Valentine's Day! He thought about it, and decided that he wants to go to see courageous this Sunday night at church, and then Wen. night use the Cheesecake Factory gift card his Sister gave us for Christmas. I'll take it, at least he didn't blow off Valentine's Day. Might be because he knew I was expecting him to do right by me, and if he didn't there was going to be some lonely nights ahead. Along with a very witchy wife.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Valentines is the furthest from my mind i must say.
    Just tried to reveiw the cable cost w/ DH. He called the cable co. and made an enormous horse A of himself. He just has ZERO people skills. Accusetory language and starting right in will not make friends or get help. Then of course he says stuff like I must be dumb or something and you mean to tell me... Along w/ some nasty aggrevated sighs. Honestly,I get so embarrassed. What is it w/ men. My dad makes nasty comment while hes on hold (they can hear you..) Of course he got nowhere and left me w/ a headache. He sees NOTHING wrong w/ his behavior (i'm nuts). Really. Then why do I get all the deals? He always act superior w/ service people like he's royalty. I'm not the one who grew up in a trailer in the middle of a field! My Ddad was blue collar and respect is universal. Sorry. I can't choke him-legally. So I vent here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hugs to all hubby took grandma to hospital Iam taking a bubble bath.YAY.. hubby told me that he got robbed on one job site he has multiples and they stole his tools. several hundred we are out so we have to start buying them back..... oh well maybe someone need them....... going to rest and relax

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well sorry about the tools. Don't forget to write them off as a job related expense when you replace them.
    Is grandma having additional issues?
    Enjoy your bath.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Evening ladies! Well, we got some snow finally! It's not a lot, but it sure looks pretty! I'm chilly though, I think I need to go down and change the furnace filter. I'll go do that as soon as I am done here...

Polly - Good to hear from you! Sorry you've been sick. I love having company! It makes me clean up! I'm working on decluttering, it's a never ending job. I want to have it all done by May 1st. I have to get cracking! LOL

dean - sorry you have been having neck issues still. Thanks for the update on the days!

gapeach - Sorry you haven't been feeling well, your dh too! You sure got your use out of your free iron! My mom loves to iron. I have a cordless one I use for my quilting and another for my clothes. This crazy weather is making all kids of things bud...

janie - Good to hear from you! We all struggle with those issues, eating better. I'm like you, good one day, not so good the next. As long as we keep trying that's all that matters!

Deb - I don't mind winter, I hate when it's bitter cold. Nothing below 10 degrees for me please! I can always hope!

FW - Vent all you like! Choking would be frowned upon... I don't feel like cleaning my kitchen either... Blah

Oheoh - I hope your grandmother is ok. A bubble bath sounds good! I don't remember the last time I had one of those! Sorry to hear about your DH's tools, such a shame.

Well, I think I'm going to go make a cup of tea, start some laundry and maybe work on cleaning up my desk a bit. It's never ending... Hugs and prayers to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, My nerves. Because Mackey hurt himself the 2 dogs can't play together and use up all the puppy energy. So Mackey ate 2 more places in my wall and chewed on the corner of the new bookcase I spent 20 years hoping to find. Needless to say he is driving me nuts and have 2 time outs in the crate (for his first times ever) yogi spends a lot of time there.lol

I am nervous about Mackeys surgery and DH possibly taking the job. I REALLY think its a bad idea. So i shut myself in the MIL w/ a cuppa a ham sandwich on good bread and my new book. Wonders. It does wonders. I am not sure if everything is really as stressful as it seems or its just my hormones! At least I feel better getting that furniture in and the college credit back (although I will be more satisfied when I see it off the CC,that should take a few more days!).
    I think i better go out tomorrow and get a few things done so i can change my mood w/ the scenery.KWIM. yikes. Winter.
    Tervs-me thinks we are getting more snow than you?