Frugal Village Forums banner

Our 2012 Self Image Challenge

181K views 5K replies 54 participants last post by  oheoh's momma 
#1 ·
I just LOVE you gals!!!!! This thread is THE best thread on FV.... I think!

Anyone can join in the fun...we welcome all but beware...we are a chatty group! :laugh:

2012 is going to be a GREAT year!

Let's get started! :)

#2,457 ·
SM-consider carefully is my unsolicited opinion. When they wanted to paved the road the supporters were not real popular people. Asking people for money in this economy is tricky (even for a benefit).

A2M-cookbooks to fill in the holes for my collection. I get most of them dirt cheap but sometimes I just splurge a bit. Tonight was that night. I must admit I am paying myself back for some of the irritation I have suffered in past months but.. Beats eating crap. And I just needed a small boost.

Oh'smom-yikes. I hate unwanted guests. We have had a star nosed mole, a small bird and too many ants, a poor frog but nothing lg. that I know of. Cats are worth something.

#2,458 ·
Good evening everyone! yep, I had a jammie weekend, it was awesome! I didn't leave the house all weekend! I took a nap yesterday and today! I haven't taken a nap in months! Today was a good day for it, stormy, gloomy and rainy. Did some work on my basement, mostly hauling trash up. The back of my car is full of cardboard recycling. I'll drop it off on my way home from work tomorrow, I drive right by it. Did some cooking today so I'll have lunches for the week. It sure helps me when I cook on the weekend, then I'm so not tempted to go out for lunch.

Well, just wanted to stop in and say Hi, I need to head to bed. I hope everyone has a good night. Hugs and prayers to all!

#2,459 ·
oh well it is hid and want come out in the furnace closet....
I also have ants ugh...

sophia mom hugs and no advice that is A LOT of money...

grandmas tv quit today we had an extra one...she threw a fit and had to have hooked up and BIL done it..he has a bad back and the old tv was a beast to move...

so many storms God bless all affected

hugs a2m and dean...

still sick as dog gargling salt water ick....

prayers and hugs for all.

cross post with trevs nite honey sounds like wonderful weekend

#2,461 ·
Good morning everyone! I woke up at 4 a.m. and just could not get comfortable after that even though I felt like I could sleep more. I am going to be really tired today. Got up at 5 a.m.

A busy day of errands. Perhaps a nap in the afternoon.

I am off to get a cup of green tea. I will have iced coffee with breakfast perhaps that will wake me up some.

I hope that all from FV are safe from the storms. If you live near the affected areas and have some sort of internet access, please do check in and tell us how you are.

A2M

#2,462 ·
Good morning everyone!

A PJ weekend sounds so relaxing, and naps? Totally jealous.

No I would not be talking about the money aspect of the sewer line...more of an informant for the sub division...I go to the meetings and tells everyone else what was discussed. They wouldn't be breaking soil on this project for at least 2 years as it is a long process(if it gets voted yes). It costs Us $85 to get a pumpout of the septic tanks everytime it is full, so this is why it would be great for people living there at least 6 months of the year.

What are everyone plans this week?

Sophie has school 3 afternoons, Kevin is leaving on his trip Wednesday morning and I have to make an app. to see the accountant. Not very exciting lol. Have a great day!

#2,463 ·
Good morning all! I still have a migraine...ugh...I hate it when my head hurts for days on end! I was lucky though 'cause I didn't have them for two months which was weird in and of itself, but they're BAAACCCKKK! D*mn female hormones!

Dh has gone for his first day of work at his new job. I hope that he likes it a lot! He seems very happy about it so I hope that it works out. Through all of my terror and stress, it just reinforced my feeling that we need a good budget to maximize what we have and what we want to save. I think he should probably invest his sick payout from teaching in some cd's (not the musical ones...hehehe)...we need to check into this pronto. He got quite a bit of money to sock away somewhere and I'd like to earn some interest on it. If it stays in our savings account, it will just get twiddled away over time and that's not acceptable.

Well, I'll try to be back in a little later...take care all! Nice to hear from you Maui!

#2,464 ·
Val-we have a budget thru the year now and although a bit depressing at times I now know where we stand-no lying to ourselves.lol
Hope he loves his job. Burnout sucks.

SM- sounds good. We pay $75./3 months here and have no water bill proper. However the cost of salt,electricity to run the purifier R.O. system and upkeep cost a bundle too. We have iron and sulphur both along w/ heavy sediment so it's absolutely not an option. We tried once and everything went orange in the baths and sinks-ugh.!!!!

Got a second load in and about to do a third. Reswept what i vaccumned-surprise,surprise. Shedding season-stinks.
Off to redo the stairs and the kitchen. Yawn. BBL

#2,465 ·
Good afternoon all! Wow, is it ever windy here today. Last day on phones for me, well until next February. Thank goodness! They are ringing off the hook today! Speaking of which, I have to get back to the phones, just wanted to stop in and say Hi. Hopefully I'll have more time to catch up with everyone soon! Thinking about you all! Hugs and prayers!

#2,466 ·
Thanks FW for dh! We've had budgets before, but get lazy about doing the paperwork.

Fire ants have moved into one of the unoccupied rows of my garden...I just went out to poison them and they were not happy! LOL! My Dad came over and completed my gate so now I can close and latch it to keep critters out! Yay! There is a very fat-looking rabbit that I keep seeing around here. He or she will have to dine elsewhere!

#2,467 ·
a2m bless your heart u got way too early....try to take a nap...

sophias mom sounds like a busy week. for u guys have a good one.

val hope hubs likes job... good luck 4 hima and God bless u all...

fw hugs....it is shedding season here also ugh lots of work becasue of it...

I think I am getting better slept better last nite and slept in the bed with hubs been sleepiing on couch so I sleep upright...

we are in sinking boat now grandma has 50 dollars in late fees becasue of being short well she just got 200 for her doctor visit and meds...so here we go again....we have told her no more money from us she is to straighten it up if she can last opportunity and we go see the county attorney this for them to see if she is competant... she has always been irresponsible her whole life with money so we will see.

her son that has just moved her she is already trying to get money off of him..

her tv died last night and we have another and she don't like it and is trying to bum our sons tv off of him...he has a 36 flat in bedroom and a 90? in LR... he said...

Grandma is also crying over her daughter she has failed inspection and they told her she 5 days to clean it or she is evicted... she has been evicted out of everyplace she lives for being nasty and hoarding.... so the land lord told her H@@@ no if she comes we are evicted... ( to scare her we are not)

my daughter paige (grocery store manager /national guard) is home safe and tired.. she had a week drill she spent most of it on her belly crawling...

and there is a wild animal loose in my kitchen and down bathroom ceiling..

I need a vaction..lol bbl if possible

#2,468 ·
Tervs-just picked up here too! Thinking about kites when the kids were little,yelling run,run and them just staring at me?

Val-fire ants I am scared of-just the name. Glad your getting your gate finished.

Got the stairs swept and moved couches to vaccumn. Gosh the dogs can really decorate in dust! Working on a nice big asthma attack. WOOf. BBl

Oh'smom-cross post but hugs,hugs,HUGS!
You need to learn the word-NOOOOOO!

#2,470 ·
fw u are doing a lot. that is the problem we all 3 of us and the 2 grandkids are saying no and backing each other up.... We have also took her bank card and checkbook....and put 100 up she over drew on for medication I am the only who know were it is...

also My friend from church knows her doctors wife and told her that she accused me of taking her pain pills and I am allergic.... she told it all... so she has a lot of explaining to do about her pain pills and nerve pills.. she has to see him every 2 weeks and have blood work tested and pay double now... 2 co pays, 2 scripts.... her co pay is 20 each visit now

I need a vacation...

#2,471 ·
Afternoon Ladies!

OM- sorry you have all that stress, there is way to much on your plate right now, I think you have to say no as well or else your health is going to suffer hugs to you my friend.

Val- fireants are they the same as carpenter ants? hope you kill they all good...we have a black ant issue, they have tunnelled all over under our grass...I pour boiling water on the hills everyday until activity ceases.

Have a great afternoon!

#2,473 ·
Oh'smom-oh no no no. Just tell her perhaps she would like to stay at her other "accomadations". Be firm that you will not be
hearing it.

Well FW spilled a half glass of cereal milk on her desk,down the desk,on the floor and on my book listing my cookbooks. I was saving it for the dog. Being frugal sucks sometimes.

#2,474 ·
Good Evening Ladies,

Garden prayers, employment prayers, health prayers, in-law prayers, wee ones prayers, family prayers, making ends meet prayers.

It's 88 degrees here and I'm sweaty and sick. :( and I'm bored and I'd like to eat something chocolately, cake would be nice. A homemade black forest cake, *sigh* think I can make one that is huge serving sizes, low calorie, and still taste good? Yeah, me neither. LOL Right now I feel like I could eat an entire Black Forest cake, made with Kirsch of course.

My house is coming apart because I've been too sick to deal with it. I'm going to have to soon, no matter how I feel.

Not much happening other then I'm sick, still working on the garden, still trying to keep youngest up with his schoolwork, and having both internet and computer problems.

#2,475 ·
SM, no fire ants are not the same as carpenter ants.

FW, I'm scared of fire ants too! When they bite you, it burns so badly like someone is holding...well...fire...to your skin! LOL! It also leaves a scar or at least it does when they bite me or one of my loved ones that have been bitten so I assume it's the same for everyone. Nasty little buggers! Fortunately when I checked on them earlier, I didn't see any crawling around so I hope I killed them.

OM, sorry about the problems with Grandma and what kind of wild animal is in your house if you don't mind me asking? That sounds really creepy! I don't think I could sleep.

Polly, don't worry about your house right now...just hurry up and get well! Hugs to you!

I feel really lousy myself...a migraine for four days and now I have burning in my throat (one of the joys of reflux and can last for weeks at a time). I'd like to sleep for days and maybe it would all be gone once I wake up. Yeah, right! This migraine has been waking me up at night!

Tomorrow I've got to move some tomato plants and probably not much else unless I feel better. Dear Mom is coming over to help me...shouldn't take but a few minutes.

Dh said that he had a good day at work and enjoyed it so I'm happy about that. I hope that it continues.

Well, I'm going to go for now and try to relax a bit. Have a good night everybody.

#2,476 ·
Val-may be the best thing ever concerning DH. Sorry you don't feel better. I am short of breath myself from all the silky dust.
Good luck for the tomato transplant

Polly-Black forest cake sounds lovely but it is what it is. SUGAR>FATTENING. MMMM!
Feel better.

Just hanging out watching tv-the Eureka start of ther end!

#2,477 ·
Hi all!

Didn't get a chance to check in this morning. Monday's are my busy days.

Prayers and hugs for everyone! So many things going on and three pages...I just can't comment on everyone but read them all and right there with you all.

Woke to a few inches of snow this morning...didn't make me happy at all. Expecting another 5 inches. Power out all around us but we are good.

Well gotta go and do a few things before I crash for the night. Will try and catch up tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!
Happy French Vanilla Latte Tuesday tomorrow tervs...or will it be since you are not working right now? :laugh:

#2,478 ·
Aww Val, I hope you feel better. :hugz:

Thanks FW. Black forest cake is chocolate cake soaked in Kirsch. Filled with cherries, and butter cream flavored with Kirsch, or whipped cream. Covered in whipped cream, topped with cherries and high grade chocolate shavings. It's one one my favorite cakes, it is often made with ground almonds and potato flour in the cake, but not always. It should stand tall with many layers, and make your pants tighten just by looking at it. :thud:

Debbie! 5 inches of snow! So glad you have power, stay safe.

#2,479 ·
It was 88 here today. I'm in bed with the ceiling fan going. it's still 72.
Polly I sure hope you start feeling better soon.
cake, did someone say cake? now I want cake too.
tomorrow I have to start monitoring the PSSA writing test. it runs for three days. I'm saving the last book in the Hungar Games trilogy to read while I wait for the kids to do the test. It will be a long three days, and all I do is think of all the other work I have to do.
Well, I have to get to bed. 6am will be here all too soon.

#2,480 ·
Thanks Dean :hugz:

It was 88' here too, it's terrible hot in here. Ranchers have no where for the heat to go. My MIL said her rancher was so bad before they had central air that it would be over 100 in the house at night. :( I don't even want to look at the bedroom thermometer. Gave my DH strict instructions to stay off my side of the bed, and to leave my pillows alone. I'm starting to think he keeps his side cool till I come in so he gets a nice cool bed once he gets my side like a furnace. Oh boy, I'm complaining and Summer is not even here yet.

And cake, Mmmm cake. I think we all need some cake.

I hope the monitoring goes quick for you Dean. :hugz: Hang in there. Pretty soon you'll be lounging in your pool. :)

#2,481 ·
Summer has arrived here too - overnight!!

Had my second dhot for my 'trigger digit' thumb. Hope this one lasts - next step is surgery - minor surgery.

Hunkering down to do fittings for the costumes. Would cheerfully shoot whoever chose the blouse pattern - front tucks, full banded sleeve - good grief. These costumes will be worn each for five minutes max - simple patterns would suffice. Ok I am finished complaining.
Getting ready to sleep - long week ahead!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.