Our 2012 Self Image Challenge - Page 98
Page 98 of 347 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5196
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I'd hug you QM, but there is no hug button. I don't think you are a terrible person. I think you realize that you are not the best home for your dog, and that both of you will benefit from her going to a home that has the time to work with her specific needs.

Just be sure to DO A HOME CHECK on anyone who wants to buy her!! I can't tell you how many people have backed out of adoptions once I tell them that yes, I was serious about checking up on the story they gave me about what a great home they have. You owe it to your pup to make sure that her new home is a good one.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Madhen. I don't know where the hug button is either. What happened to it? I thought it was just my computer since I'm not using my "usual" computer.

I'll definately try to do a home check with the new family. I'd be more than happy to bring her to them for their first visit. I had a reply from my kijiji ad today, and the people really sounded ideal. They haven't phoned me since I replied to me which makes me wonder how serious they are. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll call me and want me to swing by for their first visit.
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $67,808.28 (as of April 21st, 2014 - 6 years, 4 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $9,285.48 (as of April 21st, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2 - Van
    $30,411.28 (as of April 21st, 2014)
    $31,843.28 (as of April 4th, 2014)

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

qm doggies are lots of work.. I wish i could hug just check out the people....
    madhen is right our pets have specific needs that we can not always acomadate.
    I miss our hugs and ect.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Morning everyone. Up early this morning, on my second cup of coffee already. I fell asleep early last night in my chair, got up around 10:30 and went to bed. Had a busy day yesterday, so was definitely needed. My girlfriend came over for our sewing day on Friday, I finished up a table runner, I also finished up a quilt and we took it to the quilt shop to be dropped off to be quilted. So of course we had to look at fabric. I got some beautiful black and white fabric in the clearance section, it's actually christmas fabric, some of it has pops of red in it. It's beautiful. I'm going to work on it today some...

MM - so sorry about your neighbor's DH. Hugs to you...

Deb - I can understand about busy, I don't seem to have much time to post either, had to do it this morning though, I've missed you all! I hope you are taking some time for yourself!

Madhen - I hope your back is better today!

QM - I agree with MH, if you don't have time for your puppy, this is the best thing for you both...

Uni - I hope things are going well for you and your DD is doing well also. I agree, this is my relaxation time also. I love keeping in touch with all the ladies on here.

FW - Did you go to the estate sale in Farmington Hills? With the walls and walls of fabric? I was going to go there, but I am trying to not buy more fabric! If that was the one, I'm glad I didn't go... When is Mackey scheduled for surgery? I hope your DH takes everything into consideration when/if changing jobs, working from home and not having all of those extra expenses is invaluable.

madkat - Enjoy the visit with your parents! Your concert sounds like fun!

A2M - sorry you and your DH are still not feeling well. Been a crazy winter as for as illness goes, it just doesn't see to want to go away!

Oheoh - I hope your grandma is doing well. You also, how is your leg?

vanilla - Good to see you!

Val - Does your DH want to sell insurance with your uncle? I hope he finds something he wants to do.

gapeach - I hope your lab is doing better today. When I had Sere's teeth cleaned, it took 2 full days before she recovered from the anesthesia. I think they gave her way too much.

Mon25RN - great deals you got t JCP! So nice of you to get a few things for that 90 year old patient. How horrible. I just don't understand people sometimes...

Polly - I hope everything is well at your house and everyone is feeling better!

dean - Not long now!

Well, this has turned into a long post, that's what I get for not checking in every day! I'm going to go refill my coffee cup and check a few more threads, then I need to get a few things done and I am going to work on my quilt. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs and prayers to all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a quick HI and a update on the hubby. He had his knee surgery this past week. Doing very well except for when he tries to do too much. Goes back this coming week to get the staples out. There is 10 stitches in the one area where the calicum deposit was removed. It was not attached to anything, thank goodness. Think full deck of cards, that kept getting bigger and was lumpy and in a ballon like sack not attached. Looking like 3 to 4 weeks recovery versus the 6 to 8 weeks the orignal guesstimate. There was also 2 small tears in the knee area the doctor fixed.
    He is walking with a cane most of the time. Yesterday he had to use the walker a lot because he was too active the day before. A very motivated patient to get back to his normal routine.

Thanks for all the good thoughts for us
    --------My signature--------
    The economy is now uncharted waters... grab a oar and start rowing. ~~
    Put the frog in pot, turn up the heat real slow, and the frog doesn't hop out. And by the time he realizes, he should , it's too late... think about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still fighting my back, and it is winning. On pain meds and hobbling around, refusing to give up my weekend to heating pads and drug-induced haze....
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all.
    69 more school days.
    7 days til Daytona, but I did get my NASCAR fix last night with the Bud Shootout. Only My Jeff rolled his car in the last lap of the race. Liam watched with me and he loves the M&M car-so he was happy when Kyle Busch won. No more watching NASCAR races with grammy if you aren't a Jeff Gordon fan!
    He can't figure out where Lightening McQueen is. After all he is the star of the Cars movies.
    Gotta go do dinner. Prayers and hugs to all.
    Still waiting for test results from my mother. The wait is terrible!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tervs-yes,quite the unexpected adventure. They were quite looney! DD got about 12 pieces of fabric for $19. so that was a good buy. I've never met people worse dealing w/ the public though! Dmom was almost taken there. Glad I checked it out first! The bsmt was heavy and needed a dehumidifier and the carpet upstairs should have had plastic on it. Apparently.the material,zipper and thread were together in bags and they seperated them! so to me that says I want every dime. This was the 2nd week so I wonder if it will go again. There 1000 unused patterns.The things I do for deals!
    Mackey goes the 23rd at 1 pm for 3:30 surgery to be picked back up at 8p.m, Crazy anxious about this weird set up!
    Heading out to IHOP to bust DH GC for breakfast!
    Then heading to a glorious cat litter buying spree at Sams Club!WHEEEEE pure adrenalen!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mornin it is staring to snow here my dogs are fasinated by it.. Hubby locked keys in car and had to get them out...

trevs the fabric sounds beautiful and glad u enjoyed your visit with your friend...

lady glad hubbis doing better than expected.

madhen hugs and rest and take care...

dean thought about during the race the phone rang I ahd to go find it we alwys lose it... well hubby started cussing I knew Jeff was in trouble..the language was bad.. that was cute the m and m car.. Lightening is all kids fave race car lol

fw enjoy IHOP love there pancakes with multigrain ( they have cream of wheat in them ) been so long don't even know if they still have them.. I live in sticks lol..
    You are getting some retail therapy cat litter.... woo hoo

have a great day everyone.. I miss our buttons.. hugs and prayers to all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just jumping in to say good morning - and it is - am starting to feel my energy coming back - thank the Lord!!

Am hoping that today brings the peace and rest and recovery that Sundays do best.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What happened to the "Thank You", "Hug" and "Way to Go" buttons anyway? Do you know if they're coming back?! I DON'T like the fact that they're not here!!!!!
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

2014 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    1st goal will be 135 lbs
    2nd goal will be 132 lbs
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs
    4th goal will be 128 lbs
    5th goal will be 126 lbs

April No Spend Challenge 10/30 No Spend Days
    ~~will start up again in May~~

Personal
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $67,808.28 (as of April 21st, 2014 - 6 years, 4 months)
    $73,670.29 (as of December 29th, 2013 - 7 years, 0 months left)
    $94,506.12 (as of December 21st, 2012 - 9 years, 2 months left)
    $108,631.38 (as of December 3rd, 2011 - 12 years, 7 months left)
    Pay off my Line of Credit#1 - General
    $9,285.48 (as of April 21st, 2014)
    $10,784.38 (as of December 20th, 2013)
    $20,330.65 (as of June 7th, 2013)
    Pay off My Line of Credit #2 - Van
    $30,411.28 (as of April 21st, 2014)
    $31,843.28 (as of April 4th, 2014)

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MM-great morning to you!
    IHop was jammed and it was fun,almost a party atmosphere. I got strawberry waffles. I was fun to eat free w/ the GC from xmas.
    Hit Sams club and got oranges as well. I believe in eating local but darn Feb. oranges are a treat here.
    Just clipping coupons today. DH and DS did the litter hauling. My arm just won't give up!
    Madhen-can sympathize about your back for sure. Please rest up amap!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

QM, Gabe disabled them because they're not working right. He's getting ready to change some stuff with the FV website so things will work better because of all the problems its been having lately so maybe we'll have them again when he's done.

Maui, I'm glad things are turning around for you

Me, I've been buried in schoolwork as usual. Got a lot done on Friday and yesterday - was nice to have friday off and get stuff caught up so I can take it easy today. Had a very long, interesting phone convo with my sister and was kind of surprised to find out she's going through a hard time right now, she's pretty good at keeping stuff to herself. It was good to give her some support. She's coming for a visit in April. It's been way too long since we've seen each other.

Shout out to everyone, hope everyone's having a good weekend. Madhen, I hope your back gets better soon.
    “When you get to the end of all the light you know
    and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
    faith is knowing that one of two things will happen:
    you will be given something solid to stand on,
    or you will be taught how to fly.” - Edward Teller

“Our Earth is degenerate in these later days;
    there are signs that the world is speedily
    coming to an end;
    bribery and corruption are common; children no
    longer obey their parents;
    every man wants to write a book and the
    end of the world is evidently approaching.”
    — From a translation of an inscription on
    an Assyrian clay tablet, circa 2800 B.C.E.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference

aho mitakuye oyasin

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW - always love hearing what you find and do - yu are out and about more than anyone I know!!

So glad that you and your sister are reconnecting SS - and in person soon!!

Finally - since before Thanksgiving - I had a chance to visit with my pool partner and her DH at their home - it felt so good to be talking in person with them again. Hope to get back in the pool again soon.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MM-glad you got to see your pool friends. Boy that DH of hers is TOUGH. Hope you all get to hang out at the pool soon.

DH is zooming today. Loaded all the cat litter,unloaded, and did all his laundry and the towels. He changed the litter after hauling it downstairs w/ Ds and is installing my new (used) cabinet for over the toilet in the kids bathroom. Impressive.

DD is going bowling tonight w/ Bf and Best friend so they will come over to see Mackey. Her best is going to be a vet and loves Mackey. He will be so happy.