Frugal Village Forums banner

Our 2012 Self Image Challenge

181K views 5K replies 54 participants last post by  oheoh's momma 
#1 ·
I just LOVE you gals!!!!! This thread is THE best thread on FV.... I think!

Anyone can join in the fun...we welcome all but beware...we are a chatty group! :laugh:

2012 is going to be a GREAT year!

Let's get started! :)

#2 ·
Excellent deb. So glad you started the new thread for 2012. OMG-where oh where did 2011 go.
Dropped off ice box igloo cake for my friend's birthday. She was so excited, and couldn't believe I actually went to the trouble to make it for her.
Did a scrapbook page, sewed two more quilt squares. I don't think I will get it done before Rio's birthday party on Saturday or his Baptism on Sunday. We have to do them the same weekend, because his uncle (DIL's brother is going to be his godfather) and works in WV so he can't get home that often. So when it's done. it's done.

#3 ·
Thank You Debbie! Like Dean, I wonder where 2011 went. Looking forward to another year here with all of you wonderful ladies. :grball:

Dean Your icebox cake got me reminiscing. My Grandmother used to make an icebox cake called lemon cloud. I haven't had it since I was a kid, but I remember it being delicious. I pulled out the community church cookbook from my Grandmother's church, way back from the 70's and there it was, lemon cloud. I thought I'd share it with you all. It's as written.

Lemon Cloud

2 sticks oleo
2 c. flour
2 c. 10x sugar
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
2 boxes lemon instant pudding
3 c. milk
1 pkg. dream whip

Mix oleo and flour together for crust. Press into 9x13 pan. Bake @ 350' for 20-25 minutes.

Whip 10x sugar and cream cheese and put on crust. Mix lemon pudding and milk and put on top. spread dream whip over top. keep in icebox.

#6 ·
Ah ~ I see NOTHING has changed around here since I've been gone - LOL...:wave:

#5 ·
YUM! I'll have to try it, polly.
Here's mine:
Make or buy an angel food cake. Slice into thin slices:

Melt 2 bags semi sweet chocolate chips with 4TBLS water add 4TBLS. powdered sugar, after chips are melted add 4 well beaten egg yolks. Let cool-then fold in 4 well beaten egg whites, and a container cool whip.

Line a deep bowl with wax paper or saran wrap-layer in on bottom and sides the cake-spoon and spread the cho. mixture over the cake-repeat layering until all cake is gone or bowl is full-Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
Remove cake from bowl-it will be igloo shaped. Spread the remaining chocolate mixture over the outside then cover with a container of cool whip. Store in fridge.

#7 ·
Of course I'll be here in 2012! Woohoo! :dancing: Can't wait to continue chatting with you wonderful women! :D

#9 ·
Ah - shucks....THANKS!

I will try to get it together...I have missed you guys too!

#10 ·
HeLLLLLo
Not w/o my big mouth!
DebC-thanks for flipping the thread
Polly=yum
Dean-your just most clever little thing.Also yum.

Been working on my cabinet. Pulled a bunch of old supplies out before I headed to Walmart. Got wrapped up in sorting.
Dh is in a bear of a mood and I'm supposed to guess why! Don't want to play. Happy New Year!
My mind is swimming w/ 100 projects this year to take my house back from clutter and disorganzed behavior I had last year. Going to make a long list and check it off bit by bid.
-clean out front closet
-clean out DH's closet
-get a sewing area settled
-get the ceiling here fixed
-paint this room
-paint this ceiling
-be mindful to shop for needed stuff in the house FIRST
-reorg. christmas stuff in bsmt
for starters.
Here's to a more productive year for me and anyone else this year.

MadHEn-?????
Welcome again to SABs,LT,and QM=well I guess u2lol.

#12 ·
I am in as well, I didn't join any of the challenges last year as I didn't join the board till later in the year. Thought I would wait until this New Year and get busy :)

Maybe with being on here I won't feel like such an oddity. Most people just look at me like I am nuts. Just about my only topic of discussion outside of home and here is my grandbabies, people don't roll their eyes at me nearly as much that way. :)
Love you Ladies, :) and the few guys too.

God Bless

#13 ·
Can someone please explain this challenge to me.... I think I might belong here too

Reactions: Momto5RN
#14 ·
It's evolved into a bit of a coffee clash, but the basic premise it still here. Each of us would like to improve our self image. For some of us that means the physical aspects, for some it's more emotional, or career driven. But we talk clothes, hair, fashion, do it yourself beauty, emotional health, family, kids, homemaking, grandparenting, parenting, etc. frugally. We support and love each other along the way.

#15 ·
Good evening Ladies! I think this is the best thread as well! If I don't have too much time I always check this thread first! I'm definitely working on my SI throughout this year! I have some major changes coming up in that department.

Welcome to all! Please join in, but as it was mentioned, we can get awfully chatty!

#17 ·
Yup I thought I might belong here too and I was right... Count me in

#18 ·
Hi all!

Glad you all came on over to the new thread. :)

Dean - I bet your friend loved her cake! It sounds delicious! Yummy. :)

Sabrelvssammy - THERE YOU ARE GIRL!!!! I thought maybe you dropped off the face of the earth or something! Good to hear from you!!! Glad you are going to join us. :)

Madhen - since you were the one to originally start this thread, I am glad to see you are going to join us again. :)

Polly - your cake sounds yummy too! :)

Uniwolf and KimZ ... welcome....Kim, Polly explained this thread pretty well! We hope you decide join us! :)

tervs - I hope you have been resting this weekend! :)

We don't have any plans for tonight but Dh wants to watch a movie and he is waiting for me so I guess I better go and snuggle under the quilt with him.

Will try and BBL .... If not, Happy New Year Everyone! :)

#19 ·
Oh my, this is where I belong!

I decided to make myself over completely and not just focus on one or two things.

I did a lot at the end of last year to help make myself feel better, but something else is missing. Hopefully, I can find it while being here. :)

Count me in!

To start off the New Year, I've been attending the gym three times a week for an hour each time. I've also cut back on a lot of things and bought some new clothes, so it's already a good start for me. :D

#20 ·
Welcome Momtotwoboys (MTTB). Glad you are joining us too! :)

QM - sorry to hear about your grandpa...keep us posted! :hugz:

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys and QM
#21 ·
Glad to see so many people joining the SI thread in 2012. Welcome everyone! I just have a minute, but will try and check in later on. If not, I will have plenty of time to post tomorrow.

P.S. Polly, I just realized that I owe you a letter. Expect one on New Year's Day.

Wishing the best for everyone in 2012.

A2M

#22 ·
Good evening everyone and welcome all ye newbies!
The more the merrier.
Well DH fell asleep on the couch watching basketball. Liam is sleeping, he fell asleep while we were watching Dora. So I brought up a load of clothes to fold then it's off to my night gown and a bit of TV. DH got all my shelving cut out and ready to hang tomorrow. I'm getting anxious.
The whole family except DD#1 will be here for dinner. Sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes, kielbasa, weiners and corn. According to dd#2 no family meal is complete without corn!
Yes deb-she loved her cake and we will have one tomorrow for dessert as well.
I cooked one of those whole chickens I bought yesterday for supper tonight. YUM. was it good. Served with gravy and rice.
Prayers to all who need them and happy New Year to all.
I know for a fact I'll be asleep way before the ball drops.

#23 ·
Welcome to all the newbies. I like the support we get from each other. It's a great place to come and lay it all done when you can't say it at home. It's a great place to bounce ideas off each other. And it can still be about makeup,health and fashion!
Diff things make people feel good about themselves. This is a very accepting,non judgemental and kind group. Genuinely excited for another year "here" w/ the usual and now new people too.

Forgot to say I love how much all these ladies can do w/ so little. It spurs me on and keeps me outta PITYVILLE. more often then not.

#24 ·
#26 ·
I promise to be more productive in 2012​

(I've got 4 minutes & 23 seconds left to goof off)​

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys
#27 ·
Happy New Year!!! :dancing: I should be asleep right now but wanted to be one of the first to post in 2012 on this thread!:lol:

Tervsie - I don't know what you're talking about us being chatty. Haha! We're one of the quietest hang-out spots on FV. ;)

Welcome to all the newbies! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Have a good night, all!!

#28 ·
Happy New Years - it's going to be a fabulous year with some FABULOUS people! :grouphug2

#29 ·
A little word to the newbies...This is seriously one of the greatest threads on FV. I don't know when I faithfully joined...I'm guessing a few months ago. Everyone is so warm and loving on this thread. There aren't many people in my life that I can talk to about some of the things we do on this thread...for example, frugality and aprons.:lol: I only have two frugal friends that I can talk to about frugality, but it's so nice having a large group of women to talk to about it on a daily basis. I have learned so many frugal tips and delicious recipes from this group of wonderful women. I want to make a few aprons in the future, and there is only one aunt that didn't scoff at that fact when I brought it up the other day. A lot (not all!) of the ladies on this thread wear aprons and gave me helpful tips the other day...which really means a lot! 98% of the people I know are trying to keep up with the Jones' and "look good". This group of women lay it out on the table. When you have a bad day...you say it! When you're tired and need a pat on the back...you say it! We're all here to support each other, lift each other up and encourage each other to better our Self Image.

Just sipping on my hot coffee and having my breakfast - a slice of toast with cheese whiz. I hope you all had/are having a good night's sleep!

Rise and shine! :sun: It's wet and rainy here today. I don't care because it's way better than snow, and we don't have a speckle of snow on the ground.

Our plans are to leave for church at 10 (church service starts at 10:30) come home at lunch, then 'hang out' for the rest of the day.

I've got to come up with a mega To Do List. I have so much to get done in the next few days and the next few months. Other than the regular day to day housecleaning and organizing, I've got to get ready for the girls' new Christian school; they start on Monday, January 9th. There are supplies I've got to get my hands on before they start. Long term, I've got to start thinking about my home childcare bookkeeping. With income tax season coming up, I've got to get my books in order for the person who does our accounting. It's not hard to get things in order for income tax; it just is very time-consuming. I should probably jump onto the Pyramid Challenge if that's still going. I find it helpful to check things off as I go.

Well, gotta run! The girls are done breakfast, and I've got to get them ready for church!

BBL! :wave2:

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.