Frugal Village Forums banner

December Active Challenge

9K views 124 replies 14 participants last post by  bridge 
#1 ·
This is to challenge ourselves to move more!! Anyone want to join me????

If you do........... post your personal challenge for activity/exercise for the month.
I would also like to keep track of how many minutes of activity we do as a whole, so please post your goal in minutes.

This will be activity/fitness other than your "normal" daily activities.

Link to spreadsheet http://sdrv.ms/1iYdTZ5

#111 ·
I have missed you all! I haven't had a computer for weeks now, it's been so long that I lost track. Without FV and this thread I have had no motivation to exercise but I'm back now so I'm just going to jump in now, even though we only have 2 days left this month.

So my goal for this month will be 60 minutes..............and I better meet my goal! :)

#112 ·
I got pointed to this thread - just skimming in at the end of the month!

So I had 2 goals this month - one was to run 50 miles in December (always awkward given the weather) and the other was to run an 8-minute mile during a long run.

I hit 51 miles yesterday and still have a 4-mile 'race' in New Year's eve, so well over there. I also ran a 7:41 during a 5-mile run.

I'll wait for the 2014 thread for the 2014 goals...

#115 ·
I don't have my little notebooks with me, but I think it was something like:

12/26: 85 minutes
12/27: 72 minutes
12/28: 35 minutes
12/29: 5 minutes

Not a good trend.

Saterday was a busy day.

Sunday I was not feeling well due to having problems sleeping over the weekend.

Today will be well, better than Sunday at least. And a higher total than Saterday. I am already better than both of them put together. :nopompom: Maybe not a huge achievement, but you take what you can get.

I am feeling better today. Better being a relative term. I feel like I could sleep for a whole day, instead of feeling like I could sleep for a week straight.

#117 ·
Finally got my 75 mins WOW DVD in - (and it took every ounce of energy & motivation to get thru it).... :thud: (Don't know what my problem is/was)...

Tomorrow it will be the first thing on the to-do list....

#118 ·
Trying to get active again. Managed 10 minutes in the pool - but it really was too cold. Shall see what else I can do to move today

#120 ·
1 hr 15 mins WOW dvd in ~

One thing I know for sure - I am a morning exerciser. I need to do it first thing when I get up to have the most energy to get thru (for the most part) - there are some days that I just want to move all day long....

Reactions: TheRootedNomad
#122 ·
Did 40 minutes of pool exercising today! Felt great after I got used to the cold water

#125 ·
Happy New Year!! Here is the picture of December
December TOTAL minutes was 8774 that is 146 hours! WTG!!
2013 Total (Sept thru Dec) 29,953 minutes, which equals 499 hours 23 min

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

Time for me to quit slacking off and get back to being serious about being active! I did stay at the same weight so happy about that. However I know being active is crucial to being healthy! So here is to a VERY VERY active 2014

Everyone done great in December figuring we had the holidays and some of us had cold nasty weather. Great Job!! Anything we do is better than sitting on the couch eating hoho's!!!

Welcome back to Brilly69, Mauimagic and Rabbit. Missed you, hope to see you in the January challenge.

Welcome aboard to zoolook

KathyB great job on getting your minutes in even with a late start!!

To all my "regulars" great job and keep it up!!

SvS is the Dec Exercise DIVA!! Great job with 2273 minutes!

Here is the link to the January 2014 Active Challenge
Make sure to post what your challenge is for January!! Here's to 2014:cheergrl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.