Frugal Village Forums banner

January Pampering Challenge!

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Hollyhandi 
G
#1 ·
Ok, even though we only have 5 days left in January, I'm going to start the January Pampering Challenge! Post here, every day if you can, with all the little things you've done to pamper yourself - anything from reading a book while having a cup of coffee, to taking the time to do your hair, to giving yourself a manicure, to just getting up early and watching the sun rise. Anything that makes you feel pampered and special!

*Last night I used Bath & Body Work Midnight Pomegranate lotion on my legs before I went to bed.

#2 ·
I'll go first! My hair has started to grow back (think about 1/4 inch long), so I bought some great smelling Lavender shampoo and conditioner, I've been using it every day! I also have been enjoying my Starbucks at home with a good book every night!

#3 ·
I definitely need this after the past week, the youngest 3 of the kids have been sick. The 3 yr old wanted to be held continously.

They are starting to feel better, so starting tonight I'll be doing something special for myself. I'll let you know what it is as soon as I figure it out.

#4 ·
I have treated myself to a long hot soak in the tub every day for the last three days. It is just so cold and snowy out that soaking a bit feels wonderful!

#5 ·
I just got out of the tub too!!. I shaved my legs, I rarely do it in the winter even though I know it makes me feel better about myself. After I got out I covered myself with lilac body lotion. I feel really good. Thanks Sara for starting this.

G
#6 ·
For Friday, Jan. 26th...

*Put more of that Midnight Pomegrante Lotion on my legs before bed (I might even buy some of this stuff when my sample runs out, I like it that much!)

For Saturday, Jan. 27th...

*Took a long bath and used some aromatherapy bath salts I got Christmas 2005. Then I put some of the gradual self-tanner lotion on my legs, and I've got a face masque on right now. When it comes off, I think I'm going to make a cup of tea and light a candle on my nightstand, sit in bed and read.

#9 ·
I took a bubble bath today!

#10 ·
long hot shower today, then used some warm vanila lotion all over
to bed with chocolates and a good book

#11 ·
My Jan pampering started with a trip to a spa on Jan 19. I had a great pedicure, and massage. At home I have been using all the samples they gave me, and really trying to keep up with using lotion on my legs.

#13 ·
Every evening, once the kids are in bed and the house has been picked up, I enjoy a Peppermint Mocha. I put on my jammies, grab my favorite throw from the ottoman and curl up in my chair and sip away. It's so relaxing and something I look forward to everyday.

Peppermint Mocha:
3 Tablespoons Mocha. I use Creamy Chocolate powdered creamer by Coffee Mate.
1 1/2 Tablespoons Peppermint coffee syrup. I got mine from Starbucks.
1 ounce Espresso or 1/4 cup double strength dark roasted coffee. I prefer a little more coffee then this recipe calls for.
12 ounces warm milk, frothed.
Whipped cream.
Red sprinkles. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.