Drgnfly423's Journal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still no-s ing and loving it...but I'm having a really hungry night. I'll just drink my water and go to bed! Keeps me honest. I used the Elliptical for 30 minutes tonight...that felt great! Tomorrow is a strength training day for me. I'm using the book Buff Brides. It's a great tool. I bought it to get in shape before my wedding 3 years ago and I still love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're doing great Miranda! I love your motivation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Sweet Pea! I'm trying to stay really positive. Focusing on what I want to look like is making it easier to stay on track. I've had this picture of Kate Hudson saved in my e-mail since November of 2006. That is what I want to look like. I think I need to print it out and put it on my Elliptical. Theres some motivation!

Today I stayed on track and even had a salad with lunch. I did my strength training workout today, too. Feeling pretty good. I think going through the exercised again helped me stretch out some of the muscles that tightened up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow...has it really been since January that I updated this? Tomorrow DH and I are starting the C25K program. Which is running/walking 3 days a week for 9 weeks. It works you up to running consistently for 30 minutes. I has been my goal for a couple years to run the Turkey Stuffer 5k on Thanksgiving morning in our neighborhood. So this year will be my year!

I'm excited to finally have a running partner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We started C25K on Monday. We started with Week 2 since we both are somewhat fit and have running experience. Today I got up early and did some strength training. We are getting up early tomorrow and running day W2D2 of C25K. Ya...I can't wait to be running a 5k!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, Drgnfly423! I finally started an exercise journal, and thought I'd say HI to the only other person I see on here! LOL!

I was a runner about 8 years ago (for 4-5 years) and it is 75!

I have been trying to get back to a run (sl. jog)/walk thing to build up to running. Feels good! I missed the endorphin high! Taking it easy because with this much extra weight, I don't want to stress my hips and knees so I can't do anything!

Good for you for checking back here and going for the 5K! I did a couple back when my kids were in school and they had them at school for the parents to join in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today was W2D2 of the C25K program...feels good to be outside. It's not easy getting up, but it feels good once I'm outside running/walking. I love it so early in the morning. There's almost no one up yet, all the kitty cats are coming home from hunting. =) Nice and peaceful, still. It was a little wet this morning, but that makes me feel like a real runner!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were out of town this weekend for my grandpa's birthday. So that means we pretty much ate like garbage all weekend. Tomorrow is W3D1 of the C25K. Ya! DH is still getting up and exercising with me, so that's nice. Hopefully that will last for at least the next 7 weeks. Then he can do what ever he wants! LOL. I not only need to continue with the running/weights, but I also need to reign in my eating. That means to track every calorie, whether I want to own up to it or not.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got up early today and did my weights training. I ate the portions the I was supposed to, and I feel pretty good. I was down .2 pounds this morning, LOL. I'm excited to weigh in tomorrow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tomorrow will be W4D1. 6 runs away from 20 minutes of straight running! I'm excited. Progress....

I just bought a new scale today. It's the weight watchers scale that does water and Bodyfat, bone density, etc. It's pretty nice! Hopefully that will be new found motivation. I need it! I'm up 4 pounds. Eek!!

Today I've been really good about portions and this week my goal is not eating after 8. Today was a success, so yeah!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still not eating after 8. Today is day 3 and counting. Woo Hoo! I've lost 1.8 pounds already. It's really helped keep me at the right amount of calories for the day. We ran Monday as scheduled and we're planning on running tomorrow morning, too. I did my weight training this morning as scheduled.

It feels good to make a schedule and stick to it. =)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, DragnFly423! Sounds like you have a really nice scale! I had been trying to get some knitting done and with all the rain, took more days off than I should have this past week. But I did some yoga. LOL! I have a new niece or nephew coming next month and thought I should get a blanket done so I can send it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The brother in question (and his wife) are much younger than me--more your age. He and I are 22 years apart. He was late-in-life child. He is 31 and his wife is 27. Seems like as the oldest of 9, I've made a lot of baby stuff. But I digress.......

Well--back to fitness! Good for you and your dh for getting up early to do this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12